Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

JoD released in Japan

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

VERTiGO

VERTiGO

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Interests:well, NiGHTS, of course, but besides that, we got the video games, the techno music, the card magic, and anything that can ammuse the easily ammused. such as the evil golf ball snow globe.
I'm in my info tech class, thinkin aboot NiGHTS. Then it hit me. So I hit it back. And we broke out into a fight, and everyone was like "zoh mah gawds!" but we got it settled in about 10 minutes. I went to a time converter to see the hour in Japan. Sure enough... some guy's already playing it ><"

WAAAAAANT *drool*

<1 week for us in the states. As for the UK, you gotta wait. But look on the bright side: it'll probly be prettier, and you'll be more anticipated, amirite?

There's 11 years behind us, and they've finally come to a close as of a few minutes ago. Now... 11 more years, maybe NiGHTS will have a trilogy 8D

Going back to work before Ms. Satan kills me.

bored :|

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Seiya could be playing it right now..

VERTiGO

VERTiGO

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Interests:well, NiGHTS, of course, but besides that, we got the video games, the techno music, the card magic, and anything that can ammuse the easily ammused. such as the evil golf ball snow globe.
ATTENTION SEIYA

Throw NiGHTS to Florida

really hard

like a frisbee

I'll catch it

Seriously.

Guest_Ekairi_*

Guest_Ekairi_*
  • Guests
Has it really already been released in Japan?
There was a "leak" that TRAViS was talking about eariler.
I was actually hopping for the more global like release (everyone gets it around the same day) it almost feels like the release is falling apart. >.<

(No doubt that its really possible to import in now though.)

VERTiGO

VERTiGO

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

There was a "leak" that TRAViS was talking about eariler.

Yup. Dunno if he's right or not, I'll kawntackt him on msn later.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Just checked Amazon Japan - JoD has 4.5 out of 5 stars

And.. the storybook is for sale, I think? No wait, PS2.. and.. OST..

<a href="http://amazon.jp/s/ref=nb_ss_gw/250-631685...o.y=0&Go=Go" target="_blank">http://amazon.jp/s/ref=nb_ss_gw/250-631685...o.y=0&Go=Go</a>

If link not work just type "NiGHTS" in the search box. Case is important!

Guest_Ekairi_*

Guest_Ekairi_*
  • Guests

Yup. Dunno if he's right or not, I'll kawntackt him on msn later.

Well I did search for the leak and it does appear to be out there but whether its a real or a fake I don't know.
(Didn't try downloading it.)

There was a fairly large amount of people that he said was downloading it though I couldn't find the same place that he apparently found.
(2000+ and I think he might be checking if its real thought I haven't talked to hims since the other day)

iNSOMNiAC

iNSOMNiAC

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts
It's over.

Finally, a NiGHTS game has hit the shelves again after 11 freakin' years.

Be proud people, BE PROUD.

btw Seiya do what Vert sez and throw NiGHTS ovar here kthnxbai <333

Meggiemaccat

Meggiemaccat

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
..... God, you seriously do get sticker-shock if you go to Japan. Oo;;;; ..... Squee! It's out in Japan before the U.S.!!! ^0^ *skipdances*

Kori

Kori

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, reading, writing, making AMVs, games, movies, romance, anime &amp; manga (current fave: Naruto), 80s and 90s cartoons, and of course, anything to do with NiGHTS! X3
I hear you iNSOMNiAC! How long have we joked about this ever happening? It's honestly very surreal to think about it... there's a part of me not believing any of this until I see the game on the shelves/in my hands. XD

Goodies for sale! Ooooh, Play-Asia's selling it too-- HOLY CRAP boxed set with pre-order goodies ALL INCLUDED!!

Credit Card: *pales and whimpers*

Machenstein

Machenstein

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts
It's probably 2:00 AM in Japan right now. I doubt anybody will be playing the new NiGHTS since everyone is asleep. We will have to wait until late in the afternoon or longer.

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • Interests:Video games, NiGHTS, Sonic The Hedgehog, computer, drawing, reading, Egypt, more video games...
"We're sorry; this item can not be shipped outside Japan"
Oh but of course.....

So how does one go about buying Japanese games, besides ebay? I want to be able to pre-order the PS2 game in order to get the artbook. I can wait for JOD. Its good to know its coming out soon though. I will have time to play it now!

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts
  • Interests:What?
It's out? I thought it wasn't coming out until like...January. Huh. Well, I'll be recieving it from my pre-order shortly after we recieve it here in the US! ^_^ Um...wait...how come WE DIDN'T GET IT FIRST?!?!? WE WERE SUPPOSED TO GET IT FIRST! SON OF A...!?!

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • Interests:Video games, NiGHTS, Sonic The Hedgehog, computer, drawing, reading, Egypt, more video games...

It's out? I thought it wasn't coming out until like...January. Huh. Well, I'll be recieving it from my pre-order shortly after we recieve it here in the US! ^_^ Um...wait...how come WE DIDN'T GET IT FIRST?!?!? WE WERE SUPPOSED TO GET IT FIRST! SON OF A...!?!

It was made for the Wii...a Nintendo console. Nintendo has always been very loyal to the Japanese and makes sure they come first. That would be one of the reasons for them to get it now, even though it was made in America. Or at least that is what some dude at Gamestop told me... This is also coming from the same guy that says the Wii is region free. T_T

Also, how reliable is this "Play Asia" website that was linked here? I want to preorder the PS2 game...but I want it to be reliable...

Deraj

Deraj

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts
  • Location:Some little spot of nowhere. No, not that spot. Some other spot.
TT_TT If only the Wii wasn't so bloody hard to get a hold of, I'd be happier. I pre-ordered the game last night, so now all I have to do is wait and see if I can find a Wii cheap. (HA!) Probably won't get to play the game until next year, with my luck. XD So, as someone in my position does, I'll probably end up reading every guide on the game, find out what sorta Mepians I want, etc... XD In the end, I'll probably know just as much about the game as someone who has played it, without have even having ever picked up a Wiimote. XD Yes, if you find a river of drool coming from Virginia, you can probably follow it all the way to me, staring at an FMV on Youtube. XD

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
PlayAsia i've heard is reliable, though i can't vouch for that because i've not bought anything personaly.

TRAViS

TRAViS

THE GUY THAT BOUGHT THE BETA

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Well I did search for the leak and it does appear to be out there but whether its a real or a fake I don't know.
(Didn't try downloading it.)

There was a fairly large amount of people that he said was downloading it though I couldn't find the same place that he apparently found.
(2000+ and I think he might be checking if its real thought I haven't talked to hims since the other day)

I would post the place that I found the numbers but the admins told me that discussing piracy on here (especially telling people where/how to get it) is a biiig no-no.

Let's just say that with that many downloaders I think we can ease up our concerns of the game not being that popular...

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
I wonder how many of those people will actually BUY it though e_e

anyway, enough about piracy, jod in japan plz. I wonder how many people imported?

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Seiya will be getting the game tomorrow morning....as in 'her tomorrow morning'.... which, if i'm not mistaken, should be within the neeext... 8 hours or so?

Go Seiya, you lucky woman! T_T

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
Not if the postman steals it first.

iNSOMNiAC

iNSOMNiAC

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts
*dons Japanese postman outfit*

>>
<<

Fufufufu. *flies to Japan*

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts

PlayAsia i've heard is reliable, though i can't vouch for that because i've not bought anything personaly.

Well thats better than nothing. I just didn't want to buy from some strange and rarely used company. I guess I will buy the PS2 game. This is so I can get the booklet and that I am not all that sure if they will make it for America. (Watch the booklet have nothing more than what we have already seen...). Ah well, its a nice NiD collectable I guess.

As for JOD....the delux thing is almost $100. Wow...uh no.

YOu know...even I am getting a bit excited. I really want to try it. I know you guys don't want spoilers, but when Seiya gets the game, can she at least tell use if the controls and gameplay are good? That is what I want to know the MOST.

---Edit---
Wait...that isn't the $300 story book they are giving with the PS2 game is it? Or mabye it just has the same cover?
Sorry for straying a bit off topic and all, but I really need help. I have never done this before and I don't want to screw up.

apti

apti

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

I wonder how many of those people will actually BUY it though e_e

anyway, enough about piracy, jod in japan plz. I wonder how many people imported?

Don't worry too much, anyone who would download the game either:

a) Would not consider buying it anyways
B) Is impatient and will buy the game when it comes out
c) Is curious about NiGHTS and wants to try before they buy/rent/whatever

So it's not as bad as you think it might be. (Not defending piracy at all, just saying the situation is actually pretty good if there's that much interest in the first place)

spinningcannon

spinningcannon

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 181 posts
  • Interests:Other worlds, art, music, literature, symbolism, psychology, philosophy, the human condition
I'm just so fishing happy the wait and anxiety has finally come to an end.

All this worry and talk about delays... all these setbacks, these fears, these false rumors...

...Utterly and completely debunked.

JoD is here. Our eleven-year wait has paid off.

That sure is something to smile about.

The wise Kitsune

The wise Kitsune

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, music, yeah
Hey Seiya... could you throw 2 games to Florida? I will catch one. :B

kidninja

kidninja

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts
  • Interests:video games, imports, marksmenship, samurai, ninjas, monkeys,technical misc stuff, NiGHTS, sonic, megaman, diffrent anime, and Gintama.
Dont forget Illinois
And

How are people importing the game wii cant play imports and I havnt seen a wii freeloader

CrazyInABottle

CrazyInABottle

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

How are people importing the game wii cant play imports and I havnt seen a wii freeloader

They imported the systems as well. I've heard of a lot of people here in the states who have a Japanese Wii just so they can play the exclusives and try games out early.

Meggiemaccat

Meggiemaccat

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts

Yes, if you find a river of drool coming from Virginia, you can probably follow it all the way to me, staring at an FMV on Youtube. XD

And I'll be drowning in it. XDDDD

In other news, I went to the WalMart in the next town over and, on a little poster-thing on one of the isles, it was showing some of the upcoming games. ..... JoD was listed for December 20. ^^; Mayhaps that particular store just isn't going to get it as soon as all the others.

EDIT: I love your avatar, Wise. =^^=

Mythic

Mythic

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • Interests:Fantasy critters, comics and animation, retro things, videogames, the 80's
Good gaaaaawwwwsh. They're SO lucky! I've been counting down the days, but the US release just won't come fast enough D:. But at least I have the original game to cheer me up.

Kori

Kori

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, reading, writing, making AMVs, games, movies, romance, anime &amp; manga (current fave: Naruto), 80s and 90s cartoons, and of course, anything to do with NiGHTS! X3
Heh heh, my boyfriend got my inner fangirl under control. No deluxe for me. XD

Credit Card: *heaves a sigh of relief*

And I've not heard Play-Asia in bad terms, so I've the JOD soundtrack on order. I'll let y'all know if it works! :3

But BACK ON TOPIC, this is just phenomenal. It's honestly and for truly happening! I wonder what the crowds will be like? And how the NA release will fare? I'm hoping it's released on time, the 18th and 19th are my last two days on holiday! ;)

KiloTango

KiloTango

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts
I've not used PlayAsia, but I can vouch for YesAsia. Their prices have been good and if you don't mind waiting they have free world wide shipping. I imported my copies of Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan! and Taiko no Tatsujin DS from these guys.

http://global.yesasi...pid-1005047582/

I'm not sure if this has the special gubbins with it though. They DO however have the PS2 version for preorder on here as well.

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD

ATTENTION SEIYA

Throw NiGHTS to Florida

really hard

like a frisbee

I'll catch it

Seriously.

You missed didn't you?

jking but seriously I hope some vids are up on YouTube. I wanna see some people THAT ACTUALLY KNOW HOW TO PLAY!!!

Poly C:

Poly C:

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts
all of this JODHAPPINESS makes want to draw a lot of fanart ahaha
You little lucky Seiya and Akasabi....with your japanese Jod and your japanese wii ;u; throw some to me too! <:0

And personally i can't wait for spoilers XD as i won't have the game, when people submit all fmvs and story parts i'll watch them like a movie. with popcorn and stuff

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD

all of this JODHAPPINESS makes want to draw a lot of fanart ahaha
You little lucky Seiya and Akasabi....with your japanese Jod and your japanese wii ;u; throw some to me too! <:0

And personally i can't wait for spoilers XD as i won't have the game, when people submit all fmvs and story parts i'll watch them like a movie. with popcorn and stuff

Can I come over? We can play twister and doll house ;)

Poly C:

Poly C:

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Can I come over? We can play twister and doll house ;)

lol yeah. And tea party :0

Tsunami

Tsunami

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • Interests:Ecology, biology, wildlife studies, art (including sculpting, photography, illustration, and animation), video games
Woo! It's out!

Someone in Japan, if you're reading this, please snag a non-spoilery clip of Reala's voice and post it on the internet for the world to hear/cringe about. I'm morbidly curious.

iNSOMNiAC

iNSOMNiAC

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts
Yesssss..Like the intro sequence in Pure Valley or something. I must know if I need to hate/love his voice.

ayamemaiden

ayamemaiden

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts
D:
*Mario power-jumps to Japan*

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
  • Interests:Pokemon and sonic team games.
Well, I don't think NiGHTS' legacy will ever be quite the same now. It's always been that one mysterious game with no sequel, and now we're getting Betas, contacts with Sega, a new game, and an explanation for Selph all at once. I beleive good things are to come, now that Sonic Team is getting to know a very active NiGHTS and old school Sonic fans. Good times.

Drannore

Drannore

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts
Now that the game is out in Japan, we in NA will have to wait but five more days. Maybe there will be some sort of retail mixup and they will start selling the game early here. Here's hoping.

If that fails, I will go right to Japan, though the amount of time it would take to plan and actually go there, the game would be out in Canada already.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users