Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Hysteric Polaris's Content

There have been 122 items by Hysteric Polaris (Search limited from 27-April 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#56358 Write to Jackle

Posted by Hysteric Polaris on 06 July 2008 - 08:24 PM in Creative Stuff!

Dear friend and comrade, Jackle...

This was a one-time-only event, so it's over and no more questions will be answered...but I can tell him you left him a message. =3

Thanks for all the positive feedback. <3 Glad you all enjoyed it so far!

#55917 Write to Jackle

Posted by Hysteric Polaris on 03 July 2008 - 01:56 PM in Creative Stuff!

RESULTS POSTED!

Peiradaie (one of my Fanmarens) interviews Jackle with your questions up until June 20th!

Please keep in mind that the actors are just trying to be in character, so no offense is intended by rude comments.

And unfortunately, not only do we suck at recording stuff, but there was a thunderstorm outside at the time, so the recording is very quiet and we had to delete the parts that were overshadowed by thunder. x_x

Here's the mp3; I'll work on a YouTube video later when I have more time on my hands.

Write to Jackle Responses

I know it's hard to understand us, so feel free to ask me what they're saying; just tell me the question or the time at which it's played.

#54563 Write to Jackle

Posted by Hysteric Polaris on 17 June 2008 - 03:08 PM in Creative Stuff!

Bump! Last week of questions!!!!!!!!!!!! Ask now!!

#51460 Write to Jackle

Posted by Hysteric Polaris on 19 May 2008 - 08:13 PM in Creative Stuff!

Please kiss Reala and NiGHTS for me =D.

Oh, I'll make sure he does ;D
*gets things thrown at her by Jakkun*

#50379 Write to Jackle

Posted by Hysteric Polaris on 09 May 2008 - 06:41 PM in Creative Stuff!

We're now well into May...so I'll probably be closing this up in about a month. I think I see my bf on June 21st, so I'll stop taking questions and comments about a week beforehand so that he can come up with some entertaining responses to all of your posts. <3

For now, keep the questions and shout outs coming!

#50377 Untitled Plea

Posted by Hysteric Polaris on 09 May 2008 - 06:38 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

You bring up some very important points, Polaris, and I commend you for having the guts to talk about it.

To your first point:

There will ALWAYS be trolls on the internet, trolls being A) People who have nothing better to do than annoy or piss people off, or B) Console/First Gen Game Fanboys who live to tell others that they (are) suck/stupid/whatever for liking anything else. Hence we have Rule #13 of the Internet: Do not argue with Trolls--it means they win. If someone's giving you crap about liking JoD or NiGHTS period, just ignore them. Take anything they say with a grain of salt and keep on rolling. ^^ Having fun is all that matters in a fandom, no matter what that fun is or how you go about having it.

Just remember that many purists can be rather harsh in their opinions, but as long as they aren't directly flaming you, there's nothing to worry about.

To your second point:

Well, same thing really. XD Mature individuals will simply hit the Back button or not click it at all if the item contains material they don't like. Anyone who looks and flames is a troll. So apply the above.

I got into NiGHTS when I was 14, and the fandom I think was the most fun part of NiGHTS, and now that it's been revitalized a bit with JoD, I still believe that. ^^ I remember the first community I got involved with was the Video Game Fanfiction Arcana (later Archives), which had fanfiction and art from MANY video game fandoms but ended up being a gathering place for NiGHTS fans. We had everything back then: OCs, mary sues, gary stus, alternate universes, reimaginings, you name it. And they were all enjoyed. So much in NiD was left so vague that, honestly, you could easily get away with playing around with the Night Dimension and the NiGHTS characters to your heart's content and not really break canon (unless you went AU, which was often the case). XD So with that in mind, everyone on the Archives was able to get together and have fun without hurting each other (at least in my experience) until the site went down in 2001. Now that we have JoD, the creative possibilities have just expanded greatly, and JoD is just as vague about a lot of things as its predecessor, so that means there's more fun to be had with OCs and whatnot. X3

So, you've got OCs? Bring 'em out and let 'em grow! Got a mary sue? Fine, just don't go TOO over the top with the tale. XD Mary Sues are determined by the way the story and the character is written. Believe me, there's a VERY FINE line between a neat character and a Mary Sue. I used to skirt that line all the time when I was young. X3 Good times, those were.

So, in closing, don't feed the trolls and celebrate your love of NiGHTS any way you want to. You'll have plenty of support here, I'm sure. And if you or your friends get hit again anywhere, just ignore it, delete the comment if you can, and keep on partying.

Wow, it sounded like the fandom was so much fun back then...I really wanna get in on that fun!! TuT

I'm lucky this has never happened to me or my friends, I just hoped that by speaking out here, I would reach some of those who were doing the damage and let them know that they're hurting the fandom... It's a stupid aspiration, I know, especially on the internet, but I'm glad to see I had a lot of support anyway in my moment of madness. <3

It's also nice to see that there are a lot of others around here in my boat, ones who are comfortable in admitting they've never played NiD or haven't been fans as long as they'd wished they were, and to see that others recognize the problem aside from me. So I'm not crazy? XD jk

Thanks to everyone who replied and especially to those who offered their wise advice. :)

#50373 One Study's Proof of Nightmares

Posted by Hysteric Polaris on 09 May 2008 - 06:28 PM in Dream Discussion

Can you cite a reference? I'd like to know if there's any more to it than that... If not, that's fine; It just seems interesting...

No...I mentioned where I got it in my earlier reply, and above, an admin said that it was from a place called Encyclopedia Dramatica, and guessing from the name, I don't know how credible a statement it is now, even if I direct quoted from someone. o.O""" But it was interesting and sounded like a sound theory at the time.

#50148 One Study's Proof of Nightmares

Posted by Hysteric Polaris on 07 May 2008 - 02:14 PM in Dream Discussion

Intriguing. Got the source? I'd love to read more into that.

I don't have it personally, my bf sent it to me by email. We both directly quoted it...I think he said he got it from a place called 4chan? Maybe you could Google Scholar the school name and location?

#50145 Untitled Plea

Posted by Hysteric Polaris on 07 May 2008 - 02:05 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

Everyone is entitled to an opinon, but don't mistake some old fans hating on the new game as telling people they arent 'real fans ™'.

It's not the hating on the new game that bothers me, it's when people take that extreme hate for the new installment too far and redirect it at its fans. There are so many times I've seen people rant in comments and on forums about how people who love JoD or pair themselves with NiGHTS characters should be stabbed, killed, or beaten. I know it's not to be taken literally, but it still bothers me that, even metaphorically (?), an NiD fan would wish death on a JoD fan.

The first time I saw severe heckling like this, I personally began to doubt myself being a fan... I worried that I may end up being threatened soon too and began drawing depressing pictures of NiGHTS losing me cause he didn't want me (like with Helen) or Reala beating me up. I never told anyone that because the phase was short, only a day or so because I realized rather quickly that I need not question my devotion to/love for NiGHTS, but it was a phase nonetheless.

If someones telling you guys directly you suck because you've never played the old version, lol then just bloody ignore them.

I'm sure most of us internet regulars are used to criticism like this and can ignore it fairly well, but this rant was to defend those who are young, new to the internet, and seeking peers who share their love for NiGHTS...as well as those with weak self-esteem as well I suppose. It's really hard to find fellow fans locally IRL, so the internet is the only place to look.

#50091 Untitled Plea

Posted by Hysteric Polaris on 07 May 2008 - 01:15 AM in NiGHTS chit-chat

I got into NiGHTS through JoD. I never played the original. And I'm sure there are a lot of recently new members to this community now who are in my boat. We're n00bs and we admit it.

This hasn't happened to me or anyone I know personally, and thanks to very nice moderation/administration on these boards, not here in particular, but ever since I got into this fandom, I've noticed that while JoD fans have been generally accepted, there's still a lot of discrimination.

I know there will naturally be a rift between us, fans who started on NiD and those who started on JoD, but we all are united by NiGHTS. Am I wrong? So I speak now to those who take this discrimination too far:

To purists...people who believe that NiD is the one and only NiGHTS.
You have the right to love or hate JoD. Hell, you can even deny that it exists or is part of the franchise. But when you tell someone they're not a fan of NiGHTS just because they've never played the original is being very cruel and unjust. It's not easy to come across a SEGA Saturn anymore, a copy of the original NiGHTS or Xmas NiGHTS, or even to mod your PS2/buy a JP PS2 to play the PS2 remake. The circumstances are against those of us who genuinely want to play the original and get the full experience. The truth is that NiGHTS is what inspired our love for JoD, and for the majority of us, that love of NiGHTS makes us long to play the original too. We really wish we could play NiD because we love NiGHTS just as much as you do.

To OC pairing haters...people who don't want to see fans pairing NiGHTS Marens with our own.
When you first got into NiD, how old were you? Fairly young I'd assume. But now, 11 years later with the release of JoD, you're probably all much older, more mature, and much wiser. I'm sure that when you first got into the fandom, you wanted to make your own Marens. You yearned to be a dreamer who visited Nightopia. And those of you who led particularly downtrodden or unlucky lives wished you could meet NiGHTS and have him whisk you away through the skies of your dreams where your imagination could run free and you could shed your real life dramas/obligations. The truth is that we all love NiGHTS. (At varying degrees.) And you have to realize that JoD was OBVIOUSLY directed at a younger audience. The fandom was bound to pick up lovestruck, immature preteens wanting to create MarySues/GaryStus that paired themselves up with NiGHTS characters, just like I'm sure a lot of you wanted to do when you were young and in love with NiD. (I'm not saying everyone did this, because everyone matures at different ages, I'm just saying that it's only natural when you're at those young, impressionable ages.) Please be accepting and tolerant of these fans. I know it disturbs some of you, and if that happens, I beg you to hold your tongue before you say something that you regret. If you've got nothing nice to say, then don't say anything at all and ignore it. They love NiGHTS just as much as you do, they just express it differently, and imagine if someone scolded your work like that for a moment. I've seen quite a few artists already who have stopped drawing/writing about NiGHTS in particular, just because people flamed them for depicting themselves paired with NiGHTS characters. It's the way they display their love and devotion for NiGHTS, just give them time to outgrow the phase as you did, please?

Please let NiGHTS be the creature that unifies us, not the one that tears us apart.

PS--I apologize if this has been brought to attention before; feel free to delete this topic.

#49944 One Study's Proof of Nightmares

Posted by Hysteric Polaris on 05 May 2008 - 12:16 PM in Dream Discussion

One of my biggest fears is aliens and I go to bed every night in fear of waking up to an alien standing next to my bed. XD
Thank god I've never had an encounter like that yet.

But the term "alien" applies to any foreign entity (as I'm sure it does in this context), not always literally aliens from outer space. o.o"""

#49942 One Study's Proof of Nightmares

Posted by Hysteric Polaris on 05 May 2008 - 11:37 AM in Dream Discussion

"A recent study by the National Psychiatric Institute in Boston, MA, concluded that no activity can account for the phenomenon known as nightmares. Whereas many dreams come from unconscious desires, most nightmares seem to come from an outside source independent of the individual. In fact, when subjects are asked to recall nightmares they are almost always found in the same memory section as actual physical memories, not the section where normal dreams are replayed. In other words, those aliens and creatures you see at night in your "dreams?" They're real."

Discuss. =3

#49771 Nights and Reala's relationship (discuss)

Posted by Hysteric Polaris on 03 May 2008 - 10:34 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

Imagine a Goku and Vegeta thing - Goku being carefree and Vegeta always holding a grudge = NiGHTS being carefree, Reala always holding the grudge. That's the way i see it throughout this story. Nothing more, nothing less.

lol yeah, except it's those very realities that practically encourage fans to pair them together. XD

You can tell by the way NiGHTS acts that he once considered themselves to have a close relationship, whether it be as comrades under Wizeman or true friends. (When he'd hurt Reala's arm in that one battle, NiGHTS seemed genuinely concerned/guilty.) But obviously, Reala doesn't take betrayal of Wizeman (and/or perhaps of himself?) very well, because he takes any opportunity to ruin/destroy NiGHTS without remorse.

Sometimes I also like to think that Reala's anger towards NiGHTS also has foundations in jealousy, not just betrayal, because Wizeman would regularly threaten to destroy Reala if he failed (who unlike his brethren, actually got second chances), but when it came to NiGHTS, Wizeman found him far too valuable, instead proposing to simply replace his consciousness. So maybe he also fosters jealousy towards NiGHTS due to Wizeman's obvious favoritism towards NiGHTS despite Reala's own personal lifetime of dedication to Wizeman. (wow...that was a run-on sentence if I ever read one...)

#49764 Is it just me or does NiGHTS play favorites?

Posted by Hysteric Polaris on 03 May 2008 - 10:22 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

Helen was the Visitor I started with and enjoy most. I loved her levels, but thought that Will had a better character design. (His levels were WAY too frustrating for me...but he's a very sweet kid. ^^) Maybe I relate to her better because we're both girls with family passions for violins?

But yeah, I totally noticed that NiGHTS is biased toward Will. I always felt so bad when NiGHTS would lose Helen and she would have to find him again. It was like he was TRYING to get rid of her...and since I related to her more, that really hurt my feelings. D=

#49462 Write to Jackle

Posted by Hysteric Polaris on 01 May 2008 - 11:40 AM in Creative Stuff!

I think they mean a rivalry like the rivalry between Sonic and Mario. ^-^;

Oh, thanks, I get it now! <3

New questions recorded~

#49394 Write to Jackle

Posted by Hysteric Polaris on 30 April 2008 - 08:16 PM in Creative Stuff!

Does NiGHTS have a rival with a different company like Sonic and Mario?

Sonic's actually from the same company as NiGHTS...so I rephrased your question in the reference list.

Please read it and make sure that that is what you meant in your question. =3

Thanks for the new questions! Keep them coming!

#48795 The NiGHTS Font

Posted by Hysteric Polaris on 24 April 2008 - 09:58 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

I don't need it for anything, but it'd be nice to have. =3 Can anyone link me to it or email me the NiGHTS font?

I've seen TRiPPY and DiGi use it on the main page, so it's gotta be out there somewhere...

Thanks in advance, btw. <3

#48793 Write to Jackle

Posted by Hysteric Polaris on 24 April 2008 - 09:40 PM in Creative Stuff!

"Have you ever had a bad hair day?"

^ Multiple levels of nonsense in this question.

You may have just broken into a Pandora's Box with that question... o.o XD

Lovin' the nonsense! Keep it coming! You don't want Jackle to not feel loved do you?! rofl /peer pressure

#48334 Write to Jackle

Posted by Hysteric Polaris on 21 April 2008 - 07:49 PM in Creative Stuff!

Still taking questions and shout outs!

#47509 a small somthing i made

Posted by Hysteric Polaris on 16 April 2008 - 02:01 PM in Creative Stuff!

somthing funny (i hope) i did
http://throttle.deviantart.com/art/Close-E...-Third-82981355

I WANT THIS AS A BUMPER STICKER ON MY CAR X3

#47384 Message from Nightopia

Posted by Hysteric Polaris on 15 April 2008 - 04:02 PM in Creative Stuff!

Do you mind if I add something onto the end? If so, just ignore this entire post.

For if you let go of that simple dream
You'll cry forever and a day
For dreams are like that simple spark
To keep you from going astray.
That simple dream that you hold
If you get it, it feels so great
Never let go, raise yourself on high!
Unhinge yourself from hate.
Watch for that ray of light through the clouds
That signal that says, "Lebend".
For you know, those who dream
Can always find a friend.

For those who don't know, the word "Lebend" means "Live" in German. Thank you, I'll be here all week.
I really loved your poem, which is why I tacked on my bit there. I only do that to poems I like. If I didn't like it, I would have ignored it.

So cute!! *o* Thanks for adding, I love it!

And thanks for the compliment DiGi~<3

#46934 The Octopaw topic!

Posted by Hysteric Polaris on 13 April 2008 - 12:15 AM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

1. What was your first impression of Octopaw?
OMGWTFBBQ

2. Do you, or do you not like Octopaw?
I'm...neutral. At first, I hated him and his pointless missions, but if it weren't for Octopaw, I never would've learned about Links and how to better my Chase Mission scores.

3. Have you ever had a dreams about Octopaw?
Nope!

4. What would you do if the next NiGHTS game was completely dedicated to "unraveling the mystery of Octopaw?"
I would.....play it anyway. XD

5. Do you believe that Octopaw are closer to marens or pians, or are they a separate creature?
I believe that Octopaw is a Nightmaren. ^^

6. What is one question you'd like to ask Octopaw?
Do you love NiGHTS as much as he loves you?

7. Give me one random Octopaw - related thought.
"DAMMiT NiGHTS, NOT THE BLOODY OCTOPUS AGAiN" DD=

#46930 Envy's NiGHTS art

Posted by Hysteric Polaris on 13 April 2008 - 12:09 AM in Creative Stuff!

(sorry for the late reply)
Oh my god. You're so good at traditional coloring. *_*
There's no reason for me to color it now. Are you gonna put it in the RxJ club?

I may have colored it, but if I posted something that I only colored and didn't draw, I'd feel like I was stealing it. >< So...sorry, no. ^^"""

I'll check out that new music video on Monday...I love your videos!

#46734 Message from Nightopia

Posted by Hysteric Polaris on 11 April 2008 - 11:18 AM in Creative Stuff!

to all those dreamers, young and old,
from the NiGHTS themselves;

they wrote this message just for you,
so read and listen well.

for every time you find yourself
locked away inside...

for every time that from life's problems
you find your self can't hide...

those times when life comes crashing down
and fear strays you from sleep,

unearth that courage deep inside;
that's something they can't keep.

but if the darkness overwhelms
and you can't find its light,

just know that dreams are guiding stars;
ne'er let them from your sight.

#46558 Envy's NiGHTS art

Posted by Hysteric Polaris on 09 April 2008 - 08:39 PM in Creative Stuff!

And I only asked because I live in NY, too. My dad lives in Amherst and I live close to Jamestown.

PMing you the responses to stop spamming your post~~

EDIT Here's the colored fanart! (Yeah I know colors are off, and I forgot to color in Jackle's shoes...><)

Posted Image