Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Octopaw topic!

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

Rhapsody

Rhapsody

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  • Interests:I like drawing and cosplaying characters from the NiD universe. Sometimes I like to make plushies (i'm not too good at large plushies).
Everyone seems to have an in - depth opinion on the other JoD characters, but so far I haven't heard anything about Octopaw! So here's some questions for you to answer:

1. What was your first impression of Octopaw?

2. Do you, or do you not like Octopaw?

3. Have you ever had a dreams about Octopaw?

4. What would you do if the next NiGHTS game was completely dedicated to "unraveling the mystery of Octopaw?"

5. Do you believe that Octopaw are closer to marens or pians, or are they a seperate creature?

6. What is one question you'd like to ask Octopaw?

7. Give me one random Octopaw - related thought.

You don't have to answer all of them, just pick out the ones you like. And yes, I am obsessed with Octopaw.

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
  • Interests:I like NiGHTS, Sonic games, the Nightmare Before Christmas (I wonder what would happen if Oogie and Reala met... hmmmm.....) Writing, drawing, art in any way, shape, or form, hard rock music, dancing wildly even though I can't dance for crap. I write poetry and lyrics (although they're not very good T__T) and comedy movies. I love the Dreamcast podcast that DiGi and TRiPPY put on. I also enjoy thinking outside the box. I'm what is known as a Meathead. I can laugh at myself, think outside the box, and smile. Meatheads are smarter than your average Joe, with much more common sense and the rare ability to find creative solutions to problems. My idol is a man named Jimmy Dolittle. Look him up ^.~
"Awww! How cute!"

Oh, I love Octopaw. He's so cute!

.... Yes. *blush* Shut up.

4. What would you do if the next NiGHTS game was completely dedicated to "unraveling the mystery of Octopaw?"
I would nag my mother for months on end until she bought it for me.

5. Do you believe that Octopaw are closer to marens or pians, or are they a seperate creature?
Octopaw is a completely seperate creature. I'd say some random child dreamed of him one night, and NiGHTS thought he was cute and kept him around. I mean, how could you blame him? He's soooooooo cute!

Is that ACTUALLY ink you're shooting at us when we chase you?

SUSHI.

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
NiGHTS likes octopuses apparently.

I don't really have any feelings towards it. It's basically just an excuse to link and there is nothing wrong with that.

I haven't dreamed of any character from the NiGHTS universe.

I'd buy another game.

I think it's just a peaceful creature that lives in Nightopia.

Ever been to Red Lobster?

Dur... :huh:

Murder's Last Crow

Murder's Last Crow

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
PBS meets SEGA.

Avast ye, land lubbers! HE STOLE ME HAT! Harpoon the devil!

Yeah. He was red and black and very, very dangerous. Ever watched legions of squid feed on a single human? Very similar experience.

Unravelling the Allergy of Octopaw? I'd rent it.

Maren, methinks.

Why didn't you go away after the first mission you were in? Did you misintepret the phrase, "recycling is good for the environment"?

Plushy plz! *turns into a rabid fanboy*

Hysteric Polaris

Hysteric Polaris

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts
OMGWTFBBQ

I'm...neutral. At first, I hated him and his pointless missions, but if it weren't for Octopaw, I never would've learned about Links and how to better my Chase Mission scores.

Nope!

I would.....play it anyway. XD

5. Do you believe that Octopaw are closer to marens or pians, or are they a separate creature?
I believe that Octopaw is a Nightmaren. ^^

Do you love NiGHTS as much as he loves you?

"DAMMiT NiGHTS, NOT THE BLOODY OCTOPUS AGAiN" DD=

RealisticNightingale

RealisticNightingale

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Interests:Everything and anything, including gaming, drawing, singing, acting, running around in crazy circles, cosplaying, AVcon, Shintokyo, camp, swimming, hitting people on the head with books...*passes out due to lack of breath*<br />
Blue and pink...Octopus? huh?

He was beeter in wills dream, much better.

lol no.

hahaha, i would buy it anyway

5. Do you believe that Octopaw are closer to marens or pians, or are they a separate creature?
I think its some kind of other creature.. like what DAiLiGHT said.

would you taste good crumbed?

calamari damashi~

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
Bad character design. Out of place.

See above.

Nope.

Know SEGA had lost the plot.

Well like Owl it would technicaly be a Nightopian resident. Or just neither because they didn't think much when throwing him in there.

Can you hold your breath?

What's his ladyfriends name.

TRAViS

TRAViS

THE GUY THAT BOUGHT THE BETA

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts
Iizuka shotgunned too many Heinekins before sitting down to design the game. He fits all right in Aqua Garden, but using him in every level out? C'mon.

Absolutely not. I want to stab him with a knife.

If I do I'll make sure to stab him.

Decompile the game to add an Octopaw-stabbing minigame into it.

It won't matter once I stab him with a knife.

You ever been stabbed?

I can't find my knife.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
*lmao*

dor

dor

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
if NiGHTS like him he maybe worth somthing

NiGHTS isn't a very good character judge

no

if NiGHTS and reala are there then i still buy it

no they are seperate creature

is your only purpose in life is to run away from a crazy purple guy?

squidward!

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Something along the lines of - "oooo. You're gash. And your music is so annoyingly crap too, allowing it to coincide with the lame character that you are. How convenient."

Yeah, it's real love. [/sarcasm]

No i've never had a dreams about Octopaw.

I would put the game in a box that is filled with sh!t and send it back to Sega with a note telling them to "Link that"

I think they're closer to being extinct.

That was you in the last hentai-comic i read, wasn' it? I thought i recognized those tentacles, you ugly sod.

Octopaw - not even worth putting into chinese soup.

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
  • Interests:I like NiGHTS, Sonic games, the Nightmare Before Christmas (I wonder what would happen if Oogie and Reala met... hmmmm.....) Writing, drawing, art in any way, shape, or form, hard rock music, dancing wildly even though I can't dance for crap. I write poetry and lyrics (although they're not very good T__T) and comedy movies. I love the Dreamcast podcast that DiGi and TRiPPY put on. I also enjoy thinking outside the box. I'm what is known as a Meathead. I can laugh at myself, think outside the box, and smile. Meatheads are smarter than your average Joe, with much more common sense and the rare ability to find creative solutions to problems. My idol is a man named Jimmy Dolittle. Look him up ^.~
And again, I seem to be the only one around who likes something the rest of you wish would screw off.

animejosse

animejosse

Dreamworld Police

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts
"He looks a bit... weird".

Neither, really. I just hunt after it.

No.

Wonder if I was having a weird dream.

Neither. Like Owl I see him as a separate dream-creature.

"I know it's the dreamworld, but what's with the links appearing from you?"

NiGHTS sure likes to chase the poor creature.

Murder's Last Crow

Murder's Last Crow

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
Eh, it's not like we dislike him in and of himself. He just belongs in Spongebob Squarepants. It's like reserving seats for your cat and parakeet at the SuperBowl.

Rhapsody

Rhapsody

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  • Interests:I like drawing and cosplaying characters from the NiD universe. Sometimes I like to make plushies (i'm not too good at large plushies).
Wow... a lot of people don't seem to like Octopaw very much. Oh well. The entire point of this topic was to shed a little light on another NiGHTS - related character. The only thing that disturbs me is the fact that people seem to like Owl more than Octopaw, even though Octopaw played a slightly larger part in the story.

Mythic

Mythic

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • Interests:Fantasy critters, comics and animation, retro things, videogames, the 80's
What...the deuce?

I'm neutral.

Not yet, but it's sure to come.

Inhale copious amounts of helium, then scream, "Noooo!"

I personally think they're seperate creatures. Something is horribly wrong if they're close to pians.

Your thoughts on the words "stir fry"?

Wow, that would make one awsome hat!

Moonlighttrill

Moonlighttrill

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts
  • Interests:Music, Designing, Writing, NiGHTS, Zelda, Tennis (as of latey i haven't played it but I have wii sports and Sega Superstar Tennis), chasing busses to get around town, scaring off neighbors by showing my teeth and growling.
Ooo, so the screensaver DID have something to do with the game

"Its octpaw, what are you doing here?" lol i like when NiGHTS says that, more or less i like NiGHTS's reactions to it

If by Octopaw you mean David Boreanaz, then yes, if by octopaw you man slimy blue thing, then no

I'd call him squishee, and she would be mine, cuz she is my squisheey

Marens, why would NiGHTS chase and scare the poop out of a pian

Where's my burrito?

Blue is my favourite colour for an alcoholic beverage, is it octopaws?

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
1. What was your first impression of Octopaw? - Eh?

2. Do you, or do you not like Octopaw? - I find no reason not to like him, all he does is make rings for you

3. Have you ever had a dreams about Octopaw? - nop

4. What would you do if the next NiGHTS game was completely dedicated to "unraveling the mystery of Octopaw?" - After Shadow, anything's possible

5. Do you believe that Octopaw are closer to marens or pians, or are they a seperate creature? Closer to Marens, what with the animal shape. But since NiGHTS is the only Maren we know of not loyal to Wizeman, I'll have to lump Octopaw with Owl as well and figure there's something about them we don't know, or they are in fact a separate kind of Nightopian

6. What is one question you'd like to ask Octopaw?- If you poop rings, then what are the rings in the Chase Missions from.. ans the ones from NiD

7. Give me one random Octopaw - related thought. - flying through poops!

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
Everyone keeps dumping on the Shadow the Hedgehog game.... Man.... I liked that game. You could just run around shooting everything in sight and get points for it. Muahahahaha.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts

Everyone keeps dumping on the Shadow the Hedgehog game.... Man.... I liked that game. You could just run around shooting everything in sight and get points for it. Muahahahaha.

In theory that's ok, but the fact that it was guns and not Chaos Control makes me sad.

*attempts to keep on topic*

Octopaw looks sleepy!

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
Octopaw will meet the same fate.

Posted Image

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
Mmmmm..... sushi.... *drools on keyboard*

Moonlighttrill

Moonlighttrill

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts
  • Interests:Music, Designing, Writing, NiGHTS, Zelda, Tennis (as of latey i haven't played it but I have wii sports and Sega Superstar Tennis), chasing busses to get around town, scaring off neighbors by showing my teeth and growling.

Octopaw will meet the same fate.

Posted Image

Calamari for the win!

Rhapsody

Rhapsody

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Yep, shadow the hedgehog was fun. The only thing that bothered me was the sloppy controls.

Oooh! crazy animation/game idea: Octopaw the Squid: Finally, Octopaw's getting revenge on NiGHTS for chasing him all the time! Inspired by Shadow the Hedgehog!

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
Now I'm going to go out and buy a baby pet octopus, let him live in my bathtub, and name him Octopaw, and it'll be all your guys's fault. LOL

Moonlighttrill

Moonlighttrill

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Oooh! crazy animation/game idea: Octopaw the Squid: Finally, Octopaw's getting revenge on NiGHTS for chasing him all the time! Inspired by Shadow the Hedgehog!

I'm reminded of the Lion King where Timon grabs Pumbaa's tail and is like "Dun anybody move, this things loaded". Except with Octopaw aiming his inker at NiGHTS and company.

Matthew29w12

Matthew29w12

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • Interests:Games
    Sleep
    Food
    Friends

Well first off, I was wondering "What's Octopaw doing here?"... But then I realised he was squishy and wanted to huggle him, so I chased him forever!

The ink it shoots while you chase it is quite annoying, but thats about it.

Can't say I have.

I'd wonder "What's Octopaw STILL doing here?" and then buy it.

I believe it could be a maren that isn't actually bad. Is that a oxymoron or wut.

"What are you doing here?"

What is Octopaw doing here?

I could seriously listen to that clip over and over and over, I love it.

^_^ Go Dreamer

^_^ Go Dreamer

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • Interests:I am a big fan of NiGHTS, Reala, And Jackle! I love to play video games, mostly (SEGA &amp; Nintendo). Love Anime. I Love talking about NiGHTS!!! Also I like surfing the internet! ^_^
*Octopaw pops out of jar* What in the.... :lol:

I can't help but like that little guy, its fun making him ink! X3

Not yet

I would lol for months!

I believe that a Nightopian collided with a Cuttle and thus Octopaw was born! XD

Are your rings made of lemons?

I want a Octopack! ^-^

Tai

Tai

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Interests:I love anime and games! I collect manga more than I do anime 'cause it's cheaper, though, and cosplay from time to time. Hopefully I'll have a decent Jackle costume done in time for Nan Desu Kan this year XD. I also like yaoi, DDR, um...pandas...and yaoi. I don't like mainstream anime much though; most of it isn't very good anyway....
...Wtf?

I like 'im. I think he was kinda pointless, but he added some humour to the game with how NiGHTS was obsessed with him.

None that I can recall.

I'd laugh and tell Sega that was a lame joke, then realize they were serious and go buy it.

I think Octopaw's a separate creature that some dreamer made up while they were tripping on shrooms.

Is there a particular reason NiGHTS is so obsessed with you?

NiGHTSxOctopaw hentai *snerk*

Gun6

Gun6

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, Pokemon? (Also, spriting)
Uh... that hot pink is kind of... not good.

I like its missions, I guess.

No.

...If it has a good soundtrack and shiny things, I'd get it.

It's an octopus.

Why are you called Octopaw if you have tentacles and don't have paws?

Sushi from Paper Mario.

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
I think I've seen one of Octopaw's cousins in a not so child friendly animated film.

Gun6

Gun6

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, Pokemon? (Also, spriting)

I think I've seen one of Octopaw's cousins in a not so child friendly animated film.

Have you been dumpster-diving on the internet again?

Kitty

Kitty

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Everyone seems to have an in - depth opinion on the other JoD characters, but so far I haven't heard anything about Octopaw! So here's some questions for you to answer:

You don't have to answer all of them, just pick out the ones you like. And yes, I am obsessed with Octopaw.

1. My mind kept saying 'squishy squishy' 8D
2. He's okay, out of character design but he is adorible.
3. No but did have Dreams of Reala and NiGHTS but no octopaw...
4. 8D Like CSI? Hm... As long as it's got NiGHTS and Reala and hopefully Jackle I'll buy twenty of them
5. Hm.. I think its a seperate creature >w> Maybe it's only kind?
6. So, I heard your cheating on NiGHTS with Reala.. Is this true?
7. I wonder if octopaw is a female or male.. and if there is another gender :3 Octopaw babies!

Ronnie

Ronnie

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts
I'm not to fond of Octopaw but I would never say that to his face, not if you saw his dad.
Posted Image

Haga11111

Haga11111

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • Interests:Pie, NiGHTS, Sonic, Music, Random videos, RPs
"I think there was something in my drink..."

I like him a bit. He's kinda cute.

No.

I'd rent it.

Mepian.

Why do rings come out of you instead of blue chips? I can actually USE blue chips for something!

Fluffnubbler :angry:

lawsy

lawsy

• Visitor
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
...how on earth did he fit his massive head into that tiny jar?

He is spiffing when he doesn't ink.

3. Have you ever had a dream about Octopaw?
Uuuh... one. It was an endless loop of him coming out of a jar, NiGHTS saying "What's Octopaw doing here?", and Octopaw going back in the jar. Oooh, happy days. ;)

Grab the nearest person and yell "MRS OCTOPAW!!!" down their ear. :(

Weeeell... They seem to refer to them as "an Octopaw", so a separate creature.

How come you only have six tentacles?

Hectopaw doesn't have quite the same ring to it... :P

TheOrangeNightmare

TheOrangeNightmare

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • Interests:video games, NiGHTS (duh), drawing, writing (fanfics ^^), bike riding, cats, mythical creatures
A NIGHTMARE!! KILL IT!!!

Yes I doooo!

Nope

I might rent it...

Maybe a failure of Wizemans?

Sooo...who do ya like?

You're gonna be an OctoPIE once I'm done with you, so you better start runnin'!!!

Dreamer#96

Dreamer#96

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 486 posts
  • Interests:Working on fixing my computer, browsing the internets, learning programming, reading, a nice cold cup of lemonade, sleeping, eating, typing, Minecraft, flooding Hyrule, asdcxsdeoscas...

Oh, and NiGHTS.

Uuuh... one. It was an endless loop of him coming out of a jar, NiGHTS saying "What's Octopaw doing here?", and Octopaw going back in the jar. Oooh, happy days. :(

lol,that was probaly the real NiGHTS in your dreams,thats probaly what NiGHTS does in his or her own time

NiGHTS:What's Octopaw doing here?

Octopaw:look u purple flying idiot,i live in this jar,now if u dont leave i'll have to call the police

Octopaw:ugh *closes jar*

vincentdante

vincentdante

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
What the?

I have grown to like him

No

Wouldnt be to happy but I would probably get it anyway.

Neither

Ok could you just fly in small circles while I build up my link chains?

links, links, LINKS!!!!!

Hoban

Hoban

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
Hey! Cute random blue thingy! What's he doing there, is he important to the story?

I lovelovelove Octopaw XD He's so cute, but the fanart I've seen of him with NiGHTS are frightening...

No, but maybe I will someday~

I would buy it purely because it has something to do with NiGHTS, and because it's Octopaw XD

Y'know, I coulda sworn the first time I watched the cutscenes that Owl called him a "peaceful maren" who doesn't do/mean any harm. So, I'll always think of him as a cowardly Nightmaren who is always chased and terrorized by a crazy flying purple dream jester who is in love with him.

How do you feel about NiGHTS and how long have you known them?

Haha XD I randomly caught a male Octillery the other day and named him Octopaw, and when I looked at his stats he's Timid and Often scatters things. I laughed much for a while afterwards XD Flukes are fun!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users