Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

DylanJohn's Content

There have been 6 items by DylanJohn (Search limited from 29-April 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#83020 This is why you don't give sources to TSSZNews

Posted by DylanJohn on 24 November 2009 - 01:45 AM in Community Corner

Why is Digi keeping his sources confidential any different to TSSZ doing the same? Why should TSSZ be privy to the source's identity any more than anyone else ever is to the identity of TSSZ sources?

I don't get why they feel they're entitled to this information.

#82802 The LittleBigPlanet Thread

Posted by DylanJohn on 22 November 2009 - 09:53 AM in Community Corner

Tails Doll 2: The Revenge

#68548 Watchmen

Posted by DylanJohn on 22 March 2009 - 12:07 AM in Community Corner

I thought it was pretty good, about the best you could do with the source material. Things are missing or changed or streamlined to fit it into a reasonable running time, but it still works fairly well, things still make sense, and it's still entertaining. Could do with a bit less slowmo and more realistic fight scences without bones snapping out of arms or whatever, but I can deal with that stuff after the general faithfulness Snyder managed to show.

Looking forward to the director's cut.

#66026 Live Action Cowboy Bebop

Posted by DylanJohn on 05 January 2009 - 01:05 PM in Community Corner

Cowboy Bebop seems to be one of those things that could work pretty well as a live-action movie, provided it's done properly. Hopefully they'll pull it off.

I'm reserving judgement on a possible Keanu Spike. He wouldn't really be my first choice, but you never know how it'd turn out. I'd wait to at least see something like a trailer before forming any sort of opinion either way.

#66023 Animal Crossing City Folk

Posted by DylanJohn on 05 January 2009 - 12:40 PM in Community Corner

I wish this was more sequely. From everything I've seen, it's a remix/mashup of the previous two games with a few new features on top rather than a proper new game in the series. After the amount of time I put into the Gamecube and DS versions, there just doesn't seem to be enough new stuff to bother with City Folk. The enhancements to pattern making sound nice though, but not really enough to buy a game over.

#66022 Sonic Unleashed Screens

Posted by DylanJohn on 05 January 2009 - 12:34 PM in Community Corner

My thoughts on the 360 version

The Sonic stages are good, solid fun. It's not classic style Sonic, but it never pretends to be; it's unashamedly new-style Sonic (though I'm not really sure we should be calling it "new" at this point when this is how the series has been/the direction it's been moving in for the better part of a decade), and probably the best example of it yet. A lot of it's runrunrun but there's also platforming and room for exploration with the Sun/Moon coins hidden throughout the stages (and hubs) and multiple paths running through each level.

The werehog is exactly what I expected and also a lot of fun, probably as much fun as the daytime sections. "Proper" platforming, swinging from poles, it's slower than Sonic but it's not nearly as sluggish as some people are making it out to be. It's really reminded me of the Prince of Persia trilogy from last gen. The combat has a decent level of depth with numerous moves and combos available; anyone calling it a button masher just isn't trying. Save, perhaps, for Tails' "race Sonic to the finish" gameplay in Sonic Adventure, this is easily the best new playstyle in the series' history; I hope it doesn't get discarded with the werehog, give it to Knuckles next game.

Hub worlds are a lot better than Sonic Adventure's and I enjoyed them, but they probably won't win you over if you just want to play the levels and aren't interested in exploring them and talking to people. Loading times are good. Game is very pretty. Artstyle suits Sonic perfectly; the hedgehog himself looks the best he has since moving to 3D and the cartoony humans work great and don't look the least bit out of place. Story is nice and simple, with cutscenes and character interactions being fun and light-hearted. Sega have dropped the overly serious/melodramatic stuff from the two Adventure games and this works really well. Music is great.