Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The LittleBigPlanet Thread

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD

Posted Image

Feel free to use this thread to discuss the LittleBigPlanet series.

Saifer Dracondrali

Saifer Dracondrali

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
  • Interests:Anime, jokes, games, .Hack, cookies, Lackadaisy, NiGHTS, animals, cookies, art, cookies, science, quotes, folklore, Sonic Comics, AND cookies.
Ya I've been keeping my eye on this game it looks promising.

I'm gettin this soon as it comes out.

Maki Izumii

Maki Izumii

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts
Bawww, it's the only reason I'd consider getting a PS3. Both of my housemates are getting it for theirs though, so all is good, I'll be able to play it with them :P

phosphorus

phosphorus

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts
tl;dr,
can sackboy do anything but jump?

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD

tl;dr,

lol it was only like a couple sentences really but anyway I've seen Sackboys smack each other and you can grab onto things. I'm sure you'll be able to do some more things besides just jumping. I was skeptical about that too since in the earliest videos all I would see was jumping.

phosphorus

phosphorus

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts
There are only a few sentences of text, but possibly more than an hour of video. I think you can wing from ropes and stuff, but that's besides the point, because I don't have a PS3

Saifer Dracondrali

Saifer Dracondrali

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
  • Interests:Anime, jokes, games, .Hack, cookies, Lackadaisy, NiGHTS, animals, cookies, art, cookies, science, quotes, folklore, Sonic Comics, AND cookies.

Sackboy can also make various facial expressions on command, move his arms and legs as you choose and slap other players...
there will also be enemies in the game so their may be various attacks as well...
something that might support this is the fact that in a ps3 trailer a sackboy can be seen holding a sword...
although its more than likely that its just for looks thou...
well see...

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Sonic skins coming! http://www.siliconer...ittlebigplanet/

Could NiGHTS be far behind.. probably very far, many miles.. *sigh*

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
As much as i dislike the game Knuckles looks really cute XD

DylanJohn

DylanJohn

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
Tails Doll 2: The Revenge

Dex la Cabra

Dex la Cabra

OVERLORD

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  • Interests:Becoming the Breakdance King.
the only thing that makes me think that these costumes may not be 100% real is that it says it's based on Sonic Unleashed, but if so then why is Knuckles there? and why isn't chip? and the werehog can get to, shadow should have that spot (my reason for this is that you could then nick his spike and make super sonic ;D)

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
I have to share this, most things I knew about, like Ghostbusters, but I never knew LBP had Shadow of the Colossus Sackboy skins.. old news, maybe I even forgot, but damn.. http://shogungamer.c...stumes-revealed

Innotech

Innotech

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • Interests:videogames, cars, girls, anime, drawing, origami, weather, classic rock music, trance, japanese and asian cultures, catgirls &gt;^^&lt;<br />
I bought this :P

SO fun.
HAvent logged onto the network with it to see everyones creations though.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Woo, GOTY seems to be a $30 game now..

Air_Nights

Air_Nights

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Anyone have the PSP version? It's damn swell.

sapphire

sapphire

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts
  • Interests:Sonic and Sega, everything music, turtles, and all things geeky.

Anyone have the PSP version? It's damn swell.

I do, but I like the PS3 one a whole lot better. But when I'm on the go, it's nice to know I can bring Sackboy with me, too. (Of course, I can always just bring my Sackboy plushie, but that's besides the point.)

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Sonic level-

If only you could max out Sackboy's speed.. the costume doesn't come with the required momentum. THE SHOES DO NOTHING

leox001

leox001

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
The european boxart creeps me out.

sapphire

sapphire

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts
Rumors of LBP2?

http://www.joystiq.c...tlebigplanet-2/

A sequel is a terrible idea! Media Molecule has said they would never want to do a sequel, so why do one? LBP already has an amazing replay value... This makes me kinda mad... but of course I will probably end up buying it.

The european boxart creeps me out.

Yeah, it does kinda look like Sackboy is possessed or something... still cute though, cause it's Sackboy. :D

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Sounds like LBP2 is official, Game Informer has the scoop. The object of LBP2 seems to be letting you create any type of game you want, with a whole revamped set of tools to use.

Quote:
LittleBigPlanet 2 Game Informer June 2010 Issue Information

Context about the first LittleBigPlanet

- The first LBP was never intended to be a simple platforming game
- Over 2 million levels available online
- About 56,000 new levels per week on average

LittleBigPlanet 2 Information Starts Here:

- LBP 2 has less of a focus on platforming altogether and it's more of a platform to actually create games with

- There is an all-new level creator and it is not just a tool to create platform games.

- As examples, the game 100% encourages the player to create game types and wants you to make a shooter, a racer, puzzle games, Space Invaders clones, even RPGs

- A player can even customize a HUD. The example given is a health bar for a fighting game.

- A Media Molecule developer has created a fully-functioning Command & Conquer Clone

- Media Molecule loves that a lot of user-created levels in LBP1 were homages to classic games and laments that so many manipulations of the creation tools were necessary to do them. Sackboy won't need to be "hidden behind the curtain" when you make games with LBP2.

- There is a new super-important creator tool called "direct control seats"

- (from previous point) In LBP1, lots of people made rudimentary "hold R1 to accelerate" vehicles. Mark Healy created a car out of rubber wheels and a bottle, then placed a direct control seat in it. He pulled up an interface that resembled a PS3 controller and assigned commands to buttons.

- Example given was assigning Sixaxis tilt for forward and reverse, horn on the X button.

- You are no longer limited to the game's stock sound effects. You can record your own sounds and voices, attaching them to characters or objects. Magic Mouth from the original LBP is gone

- Direct control seat's control scheme is instantly accessible and you can attach it only to the part of the vehicle you want it to control.

- Example was given about the 8/16-bit remakes/tributes having to use the signature gameplay mechanics of LBP. That is no longer true in LBP2. A creator can place a direct control seat on their own platforming protagonist and complete it with a customized control scheme.

- Example of the previous was Yoshi's Island. If a player creates the perfect recreation of the SNES-era jump they can share it with anyone in the community.

- There is an in-game microchip that functions as a calculator and it is a direct response/homage to PSN user Upsilandre (seriously, he's mentioned by name)

- Enemies in the original title could only be programmed with super-basic commands and most resembled marionettes.

- Users will be able to take a template for an enemy called a Sackbot, tweak the AI and dress it in any way they choose.

- Creators can choose the weak points on the Sackbot, determine if it is scared of heights, and even program acting routines.

- A disco scene was set up by Media Molecule and two employees recorded together on a single Sackbot. They moved its arms and bobbed its head in a dancing routine. JUST the AI was copied and pasted onto twenty different Sackbots. Each Sackbot was given its own unique look.

- There are now movie editing options as well.

- Every LBP2 player will receive their own profile on LBP.me. It will display your activity feed as well as previews of their own stages

- There will be user-created integration in QR codes as well. They can be printed on advertisements, business cards, and automatically load a level when held up to the PlayStation Eye. There is no special menu to do this. Any time the PS3 is turned on and running LBP 2, you can wave it in front of the Eye.

- If you are not near your PS3 you can take a quick photo with your smartphone to see an online preview of the level and add it directly to your level queue.

- For creators of multiple levels, you will be able to string your stages together so that they flow from one level to the next.

- Sackbots can be drastically increased or decreased in physical size.
- Sackbots can be controlled by direct control seats as well.

- There is a new gadget (like the MGS paintball gun). It is a big-*** grappling hook.

- Media Molecule says explicitly there are multiple more gadgets coming.

- All DLC from LBP1 transfers over to LBP2. Including downloaded content packs, costumes, etc.

- There is a major overhaul to the story level as well. There's the same 3-plane perspective for the story mode and the levels so far have a similar run-jump-grab platform style.

- Storyline is not country-based like last time, but is based in periods of time
- Here is a list of levels and summaries so far:
(click on the link to see these, they are spoilers)

- Circuit boards (like the calculator) can get extremely complicated and they have a very distinct interface

- Creators can make full-on cutscenes. Camera angles and voice-overs included. Creators can even make little five-minute short films. These levels are clearly marked on the stage select screen so you can tell whether you're watching or playing the level.

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
I'm so happy to hear the news of LBP 2. Some things that I think about while playing the first game is creating other genres and adding your own voice and these things are coming true. I can't wait to see what they have in store for E3.

Thanks for posting that viper.

sapphire

sapphire

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts
I'm warming up to the idea of LBP2. It sounds like you have a lot more freedom with creating levels, so that'll be awesome. And I've always wanted to program the enemies, they're pretty boring in LBP.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
More info with screens http://www.newsofthe...lots-of-it.html

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Trailer http://www.youtube.c...amp;feature=sub

Coming out later this year (still no pre-orders up on sites yet, however). Now I'm debating to finally get the first one already, or wait. I'd rather not skip the first game.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
More on LBP2 from E3 - http://e3.gamespot.com/video/6266342/

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
R&C sackboys, collector's edition, and more- http://blog.us.plays...etail-goodness/

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
:lol: The collectors edition! *drools*

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Adventure

I'm still in a heated debate in my head whether to not buy LBP and skip ahead to LBP2. On the one hand I don't wanna miss LBP but then again the sequel is right around the corner and starting with the original now might be a waste of time, all things considered. I'd be missing out on items and such, but not much more, I reckon. Plus I want LBP2's collector's edition, which would mean extra moneys. Unless I rustle it up as a birthday present, which it very conveniently might as well be.

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts

Adventure

I'm still in a heated debate in my head whether to not buy LBP and skip ahead to LBP2. On the one hand I don't wanna miss LBP but then again the sequel is right around the corner and starting with the original now might be a waste of time, all things considered. I'd be missing out on items and such, but not much more, I reckon. Plus I want LBP2's collector's edition, which would mean extra moneys. Unless I rustle it up as a birthday present, which it very conveniently might as well be.

With all the stuff that's been said about LBP2 I think you'd be better off waiting for it.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
http://playstationli...ies-are-insane/

InTheNightlight

InTheNightlight

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, gaming, making bad puns, making comics...I think that's it...gah, my childhood sucks...

http://playstationli...ies-are-insane/

... :blink: HO-LEE-SHAT.

So looking forward to LBP2. I loved the original LBP and by the way things are looking, this is going to totally blow our minds.

Oh, and the entire-game-creation thing? I just know at least one person will make a NiGHTS-styled game.

...Hey, WAIT A SEC! *is still waiting for the LBP Sephiroth costume* When are they releasing that DLC again? :)

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
I'm removing the images at the top of the page. They're making it a bit slow for things to load.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
A look at the music creator http://yfrog.com/jpdk7z

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
That... IS AWESOME! Making music looks so much easier now.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
http://kotaku.com/56... person-shooter

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts

http://kotaku.com/56... person-shooter

A few months back I remember thinking that MM couldn't possibly make a sequel to the LBP. When LBP2 was announced I had to eat my words which oddly enough tasted like strawberries. The bar has surely been raised. The FPS level is inspiring me to try out a Virtua Cop based level when the game comes out.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Newsbit: game's been delayed to Jan. 2011

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts

Newsbit: game's been delayed to Jan. 2011

I'm actually not sad about this. It just gives me more time to save up for the collector's edition.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Yeah I feel the same way, I was considering asking for the CE as a birthday present (we tend to do a friends pool for birthdays) but there's other games coming, and ones already out that I still wanna get, so I'm not sweatin' it.

In other news- http://www.sackroll.com

charlie

charlie

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts

In other news- http://www.sackroll.com

Ahhhh!! I've been Sackrolled!!

I was hoping the game would be out soon so I'm a bit disappointed it was delayed, but I'm glad they are taking their time and doing it right. It's probably one of the few games I'll get as soon as it comes out. Usually I'm cheap and wait for the price to go down! :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users