Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

This is why you don't give sources to TSSZNews

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
24 replies to this topic

ShadiWulf

ShadiWulf

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
haha, sorry if I shouldn't of made a topic for this, I just found it way too funny

http://www.tssznews....disclose-source

Does that Make the Effort Any More Believable?
How far can a campaign go to promote change if its basis solely rests on words and trust?
It appears those rallying to include NiGHTS in Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing under the premise that the Sonic Team character is out are about to find out.
Since Thursday’s story ran, principal organizer DiGi Valentine of NiGHTSIntoDreams.com has publicly stated the sources giving him cause to charge forward with the campaign will never be publicly disclosed. TSSZ News has learned up to four inside sources may have tipped off to the trouble, but those who know of the sources aren’t exactly sure of who they are.
“Why should I have to be the one to put myself in to further deep water than I’m already in when all you have to do is ask around,” DiGi wrote Friday as a comment on our original story, taking to task this site and this reporter. “Surely you must have sources of your own. Why not ask them to see if my campaign is bullshit instead trying to get me to put myself in more sh!t than I’m currently in.”
Where DiGi and supporters allege concern is in the exposure of an inside source. Were a name or division to be dropped, heads could roll, and employees could be terminated. Though the concern is valid, it has been the long standing policy of TSSZ News to keep sources anonymous on confidential information, so long as the information is accurate. Steps are always taken to ensure the process does not compromise either the integrity of the information nor the primary individual who is responsible for it.
Despite this assurance and repeated requests to send a primary source affirming this information (with the promise of a retraction if complied with), DiGi and the campaign would not budge…not for us, or anybody.
“If I won’t even tell (my supporters) I sure as hell ain’t telling TSSZ,” DiGi wrote on the NiGHTS community forum.
Where support continues is in DiGi’s track record. DiGi Valentine and co-NiD fan site staffer TRiPPY are known for having received advance knowledge of development on NiGHTS: Journey into Dreams months before the general populous did. It is on that faith that many are able to put their support behind the campaign.
“This isn’t just about NiGHTS not being in a game,” wrote NEMi-212 on our site Friday. “This is about NiGHTS being forgotten and cast aside like many times before. We had to wait over a decade to see our beloved jester return in a new game. We don’t want that to happen again.”
But for those who blindly support the imitative, there are just as many who want to see proof.
“Once I had sources and was branded as someone who spreads rumours,” wrote Starlight Rage Zone on the Sega forums. “Which is why you have to be careful with this type of thing. If you don’t show the sources it normally means people won’t listen.”
And that leads to this: Will your support of this campaign come down to faith of those who organize it, or facts that can’t be confirmed? It is a tough call, given the reliability of DiGi. You’re welcome to debate it in

SmashQueen

SmashQueen

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts

How far can a campaign go to promote change if its basis solely rests on words and trust?

Isn't that how we pick our presidents in the US?

Musashi_HUmar

Musashi_HUmar

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Books, Music, Guitar, Anime, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Movies
Sounds like this is a tabloid for gaming... We probably shouldn't waste our time worrying about it.

ShadiWulf

ShadiWulf

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
You mean theres actually something to worry about regarding TSSZNews? XD

Leonhart

Leonhart

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
  • Interests:Ice-cream. And pie.
*Sigh* TSSZ is so laughable.

GG Tristan, your SUCH an AWESOME Journalist.

LMAO xD

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Blargh, the Sega employees who tipped off DiGi are heroes, letting us know about Sega's stupidity so we can take a pre-emptive strike. Sega has no right to get mad here. Did they think they wouldn't get heat from us when we found out? Cheers to the insiders who are on our side.

JaxTH

JaxTH

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts
  • Interests:Video Games
    Anime
    Video Game music (I am a video game music junkie)
    Anime music
    Music with a good beat
    Reading Manga
    Food
    Churros (They are so great they get their own category)
    Ramen (It gets its own category too)
    Friendly people
    YouTube
    Watching Time Attacks/Speed Runs
I want my name said in an article...

;_;

Musashi_HUmar

Musashi_HUmar

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts

;_;

Not if its in one of their articles you don't.

WATERLiLYCAT

WATERLiLYCAT

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts
Hey everyone, let's give the idiot at TSSZNews a nice friendly wave while we snicker inwardly at his stupidity! =D

Leonhart

Leonhart

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
Hahaha, they denied my Comment on the article, but they let this "Soul Gauge" bitch at us over the Campaign.

TSSZ logic astounds me.

Level 99

Level 99

OMNIPOTENT GENIUS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100,263 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Video Games, Music, Video Game Music, the gym, sleeping, good people, good food, funny things, horror movies, and ballroom dancing. Probably more, but that's a good list.
How mature. News about NOT censoring things, not ABOUT censoring things. Sheesh.

DylanJohn

DylanJohn

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
Why is Digi keeping his sources confidential any different to TSSZ doing the same? Why should TSSZ be privy to the source's identity any more than anyone else ever is to the identity of TSSZ sources?

I don't get why they feel they're entitled to this information.

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
  • Interests:Punk, New Wave, horror movies, German Expressionism, cabarets, exotica. Long live VHS!
"It is a tough call, given the reliability of DiGi."

Um, TSSZ? You said not ten sentences above that DiGi and TRiPPY are reliable and knew about JoD. Now why are you suggesting that he's unreliable? :P

(DylanJohn, that's a great avatar!)

Musashi_HUmar

Musashi_HUmar

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts
Well its a tabloid. Of course they're gonna try to smear DiGi's image. That's how they get attention. Even by talking about it like this, they're winning somewhat because we are giving them our attention. If we ignore them, they'll go away.

vincentdante

vincentdante

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
This is free advertisement for us, I posted that in their comments as well.

Nemoide

Nemoide

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Interests:Things
I wonder what the story will be when ASR is released without NiGHTS.

vincentdante

vincentdante

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
there won't be one, it will be as if no one said anything. No one wants to admit they were wrong.

NinMicroSega

NinMicroSega

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts

I wonder what the story will be when ASR is released without NiGHTS.

I can see it now...

"Shocking News: DiGi is Right; Does Not Have to Burn Merch"

Leonhart

Leonhart

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts

I can see it now...

"Shocking News: DiGi is Right; Does Not Have to Burn Merch"

LMFAO, I'd LOVE to see that xD

EDIT: I'm sure you'll all agree with me:
Posted Image

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts

It is a tough call, given the reliability of DiGi.

....HAHAHAHAHA! Like i've ever lied before about anything i've said in regards to NiGHTS, right? So ...what's the reason my reliability is questionable? You know, considering he's never dealt with me before.

You're welcome to debate it in

....HAHAHAHA! Yes, that's right Tristan. Keep the hype machine pumping. You're doing a fantastic job at pushing my campaign XD

Good stuff, good stuff.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
Oh crap this is hilarious XD

Ok Jax, we'll pretend that you're a source if you want :)

Seriously man, talk about getting your panties in a twist. The only thing we have ever been mistaken on in regards to NiGHTS news, i'll tell you straight up here because it's tiny compared to everything we have ever confirmed correctly. Base your trust on this if you will-
1. One SEGA PR officialy 'confirmed' to us (and to our press) that JoD had been delayed by another month and was set for a worldwide release - but this was untrue- Haven't got a clue why he said it, other than the fact he was pretty misinformed and probably didn't know what he was saying, or perhaps this was planned but never happened. After that fell through we made a public appology for his mistake. We were only reporting what we had been told OFFICIALY -BY SEGA-. And this wasn't some sneaky backhanded thing, we were sitting in SEGA Benelux HQ at the time discussing JoD with the staff after we had played the beta. We were pretty confused as to why it was getting a world wide release the next year after it had been touted for Xmas so much elsewhere. Lesson learnt- always double source official statements.

Everything else, legit.

Why would we make up false news anyway? I mean what exactly would be gained by that lol? Other than annoying our fanbase, spreading rumors, spending the past few weeks losing sleep and going around in circles at forums trying to convince people this is real? Lol i don't roll like that, neither does DiGi.

I really can't wait for this game to come out now :huh: I'm not even going to turn around and say 'told you so' because I'm not that kind of person. At the end of the day this is about NiGHTS not being playable in an allstars game and if he gets DLC I will be happy beyond words or any amount of sarcasm.

PS) Don't go posting ranty comments at TSSZ because it wont count for anything in the long run (well i suppose other than making a bigger deal out of this which is a good thing). But mind your language and manners despite being shown little in return folks.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Yeah, that news about JoD release date being pushed back a month was so bloody off. Niraven and Martijn were there also when the guy told us and we were all like "...wtf? are you sure?" What a weirdo PR he was. I've never spoken to them again since that incident.

Since that day, whenever i've gone looking for news regarding NiGHTS, especially when it concerns foreign PR, i'm going to make sure i've got numerous sources to confirm the same thing before i post any news.

Another reason i did not outright say NiGHTS was not playable in ASR when i found out, aside from not being sure on how to tell everybody, WAS the fact that i didn't believe what i was hearing so i made sure i got a second opinion. By the time the campaign started i had more than second opinions. And when you have that many confirmations it's hard for the information to be a lie or misunderstood hence why i made the bet against myself.

As for TSSZ though, leave that wasteman to his crappy news site. Not going to out my sources and now if i did it wouldn't be for TSSZ, that's for sure. Not saying that i will, of course ;)

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
Ah honor and integrity~

Rare things these days.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
You know what's laughable? Tristan must be extremely hungry for news if he's posted a news bulletin TWICE about this campaign. Other sites like SegaNerds and SegaShiro, one news post. Done.

TSSZ? Two posts. Hung up on the fact i won't drop my sources names into the bullshit pot. They're ridiculing my campaign. Says a lot for that journalist, doesn't it? XD

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
As funny as it is, I'm locking this topic since I don't intend to dwell on drama that distracts from the point of this campaign.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users