Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

neo_skywalker's Content

There have been 8 items by neo_skywalker (Search limited from 20-March 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#99786 DREAMS DREAMS Sweet Snow - The Duet!

Posted by neo_skywalker on 03 October 2012 - 06:14 AM in [ARCHiVED] Events, campaigns and news

Hey, it's Josh again. I know its been a while since we released the song last year before 2012 hit. I'm also happy to see NiGHTS be re-released for the current-gen consoles (I'll be downloading it for PS3 myself when I have a spare moment)!

As a bit of a belated follow-up, I was thinking of interviewing Cameron on what he's done since first singing the song all those years ago. Would anyone be interested in that?

#99785 Dreams Dreams sheet music

Posted by neo_skywalker on 03 October 2012 - 06:05 AM in NiGHTS chit-chat

I downloaded it myself a year or so ago. The piano chords can also translate to guitar.

So it's not just for sheet music for piano, it's for acoustic guitar too! :lol:

#98855 DREAMS DREAMS Sweet Snow - The Duet!

Posted by neo_skywalker on 15 January 2012 - 06:02 AM in [ARCHiVED] Events, campaigns and news

Ha, that is him, neat.. plus points for multilinguality *makes up word*

He also did a couple of tracks for the Nintendo DS video game "The World Ends with You". Here's one he did fully in Japanese!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRHD9G5KveA

#98767 DREAMS DREAMS Sweet Snow - The Duet!

Posted by neo_skywalker on 30 December 2011 - 05:44 PM in [ARCHiVED] Events, campaigns and news

I'm glad to hear all our hard work was worth it and that you're all enjoying it! (And yes, this is Josh btw.)

I was one of the back-up singers on the recent OCRemix Lucid Dreaming release group sing-along track "The World is Dreaming", (and previously fandubbed the opening and ending to Christmas NiGHTS back in 2009) and the idea popped into my mind while recording my part on how cool it'd be to have something like this happen, especially since I had gotten in touch with Cameron and we had discussed what it was like to live and work in Japan for an extended period of time. So during one of our e-mail sessions, I asked if he'd be interested in doing this project, and he jumped right on board saying it was one of his fave songs!

Now as you in the Music section of the forums know we wanted to get this out a year or so ago, but things kept popping up that prevented it, and it was only in these last few weeks that we could really hanker down and get things done. We knew we wanted to make it meaningful, and what better way than as a tail-end for the 15th anniversary of a truly dreamy game?

Cam and I originally set out to have this done for Christmas, but obviously that didn't happen due to schedule conflicts and mixing problems. Given that, we instead made it a goal to release it before the year ended as a nice way to close out the anniversary year. Since there is some minor audio issues here and there (but they're not really hearable unless you're an audio perfectionist), I may go back and refine everything into a much better mix sometime in the future.

I'm very grateful to Cam for lending his time and effort in this project, as I wasn't even sure he'd say yes. Luckily he did and now all NiGHTS fans have a nice belated Christmas present to help kick off a new era of dreaming. Hopefully this helps the game get more wide recognition and re-ignite interest in the series among fans new and old.

Thanks everyone for the positive feedback, and its nice to know our favourite Nightmaren is still so beloved.

See you all in the NiGHTS!

#98765 Cameron Strother

Posted by neo_skywalker on 30 December 2011 - 05:30 PM in Community Corner

And it's up! Both Cam and I are really happy it's having such an impact on NiGHTS fans.

Perhaps there may be more music from this young man in the future? ;)

#98697 Cameron Strother

Posted by neo_skywalker on 14 December 2011 - 03:45 AM in Community Corner

Gotten some scratch tracks from Cam that sound good, and we may even have a little help mixing from a guy who knows how to "Bebop" in the "Rain".

Excited yet NiGHTS fans?

#98674 Cameron Strother

Posted by neo_skywalker on 07 December 2011 - 07:52 PM in Community Corner

Cam and I will be recording on Saturday, begin mixing next week! Can you guys feel the excitement in the winter air?

#98546 Cameron Strother

Posted by neo_skywalker on 28 October 2011 - 06:52 PM in Community Corner

Okay, been a while, sorry to bump the thread.

As you all can tell, the project still hasn't been released yet. But Cam and I have noted that this year is NiGHTS' 15th anniversary (and yes that counts Christmas NiGHTS), and we weren't about to let this pass by un-noted. So after a crazy busy year for both of us, we're finally hankering down to deliver.

Expect a special gift this holiday season! ;)