Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

DREAMS DREAMS Sweet Snow - The Duet!

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
http://www.nightsint...ams.com/?p=1662

Don't that just give you goosebumps guys? ;)

I cried.

Saifer Dracondrali

Saifer Dracondrali

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
  • Interests:Anime, jokes, games, .Hack, cookies, Lackadaisy, NiGHTS, animals, cookies, art, cookies, science, quotes, folklore, Sonic Comics, AND cookies.
Mah mind is blown!

I remember getting Sweet Snow to start playing in the main hub of the game after beating it...
I remember thinking "CRAP!... Why did I explore this area from head to toe BEFORE I got this song!?" >:(

Well, time to start burning this song into my mind.

Nemoide

Nemoide

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Interests:Things
I'm only two minutes into the song and have a ridiculous grin plastered on my face.

SO AMAZING!

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
T___________T i knowwwwww~ it's 2am and i have work in the morning but dammit i dont care. This will REPLACE ALL THE SLEEPS! *loops*

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Certainly a fun surprise :)

Al-Di-La

Al-Di-La

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Interests:Writing, Drawing, Painting, but mostly Gaming. Big favs include Kingdom Hearts, Sonic, NiGHTS, Ristar, Klonoa, and just about everything Nintendo.
What a gorgeous song made even more gorgeous! I can't believe it's been such a while since I've been here, but the second I found this twitter update and heard the song, well let's just say that may have just kick started my NiGHTS obsession again! This is just amazing! :)

Bosco

Bosco

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Interests:Programming, sciences and arts.
Wow, this got me really astounded.

But there's something that catched my attention...

Cameron Strother Said: I recorded it a year or two before NiGHTS was released... I had seen the secret last boss.

Wait, how is that even possible? He saw the game one or two years before it was released, did SEGA have all the characters designed in the year 94/95? (Speaking of that last secret boss)

Was he speaking about Selph?

It would be interesting to ask him a few things about what he saw in the game's development...

Dark Magician

Dark Magician

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • Interests:Creative writing, drawing, video games, manga/anime, and astronomy. Writing more would probably take too much time.
And here I thought that I was going to have a bad day today.

Unfortunately, I can't find words to describe the happiness and nostalgia that I feel right now.

marymont

marymont

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
  • Interests:Video games, animation, music arranging, & parody
I always thought the old adult version of this song was cheesy while the kids version was cute, but this version definitely feels more sweet and sincere.

neo_skywalker

neo_skywalker

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
I'm glad to hear all our hard work was worth it and that you're all enjoying it! (And yes, this is Josh btw.)

I was one of the back-up singers on the recent OCRemix Lucid Dreaming release group sing-along track "The World is Dreaming", (and previously fandubbed the opening and ending to Christmas NiGHTS back in 2009) and the idea popped into my mind while recording my part on how cool it'd be to have something like this happen, especially since I had gotten in touch with Cameron and we had discussed what it was like to live and work in Japan for an extended period of time. So during one of our e-mail sessions, I asked if he'd be interested in doing this project, and he jumped right on board saying it was one of his fave songs!

Now as you in the Music section of the forums know we wanted to get this out a year or so ago, but things kept popping up that prevented it, and it was only in these last few weeks that we could really hanker down and get things done. We knew we wanted to make it meaningful, and what better way than as a tail-end for the 15th anniversary of a truly dreamy game?

Cam and I originally set out to have this done for Christmas, but obviously that didn't happen due to schedule conflicts and mixing problems. Given that, we instead made it a goal to release it before the year ended as a nice way to close out the anniversary year. Since there is some minor audio issues here and there (but they're not really hearable unless you're an audio perfectionist), I may go back and refine everything into a much better mix sometime in the future.

I'm very grateful to Cam for lending his time and effort in this project, as I wasn't even sure he'd say yes. Luckily he did and now all NiGHTS fans have a nice belated Christmas present to help kick off a new era of dreaming. Hopefully this helps the game get more wide recognition and re-ignite interest in the series among fans new and old.

Thanks everyone for the positive feedback, and its nice to know our favourite Nightmaren is still so beloved.

See you all in the NiGHTS!

Utter Magic

Utter Magic

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Interests:Filmmaking, NiGHTS, gaming, visual effects, movies, writing, reading, theology, photography...
Unbelievable. After 15 years, Elliot and Claris duet once more. The last bit of the duet kills me of just how bloomin' amazing it is (the portion right before it goes into a smooth cello solo and closes).
Thank you very much, Cam ; )

And, ooo, Cam's seen Selph? =O

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
I think he meant Wizeman dudes :P

Utter Magic

Utter Magic

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Interests:Filmmaking, NiGHTS, gaming, visual effects, movies, writing, reading, theology, photography...

I think he meant Wizeman dudes :P

That was actually my first feeling as I read it. Since we're not sure...
Was Wizeman ever intended to be secret?

Saifer Dracondrali

Saifer Dracondrali

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
  • Interests:Anime, jokes, games, .Hack, cookies, Lackadaisy, NiGHTS, animals, cookies, art, cookies, science, quotes, folklore, Sonic Comics, AND cookies.
It's a secret to everybody.

Maybe it was one of those "secret at the time" things?

iVYRAVE

iVYRAVE

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Interests:SEGA video gaming, Creative Writing, Origami, acting
I love this song. Cameron's voice is very beautiful, I've been listening to his other stuff as well

It sounds like him

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts

I love this song. Cameron's voice is very beautiful, I've been listening to his other stuff as well

It sounds like him

Ha, that is him, neat.. plus points for multilinguality *makes up word*

neo_skywalker

neo_skywalker

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Ha, that is him, neat.. plus points for multilinguality *makes up word*

He also did a couple of tracks for the Nintendo DS video game "The World Ends with You". Here's one he did fully in Japanese!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRHD9G5KveA

iVYRAVE

iVYRAVE

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Interests:SEGA video gaming, Creative Writing, Origami, acting

He also did a couple of tracks for the Nintendo DS video game "The World Ends with You". Here's one he did fully in Japanese!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRHD9G5KveA

I am getting that game now, the music sounds awesome!

neo_skywalker

neo_skywalker

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
Hey, it's Josh again. I know its been a while since we released the song last year before 2012 hit. I'm also happy to see NiGHTS be re-released for the current-gen consoles (I'll be downloading it for PS3 myself when I have a spare moment)!

As a bit of a belated follow-up, I was thinking of interviewing Cameron on what he's done since first singing the song all those years ago. Would anyone be interested in that?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users