Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Cameron Strother

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

neo_skywalker

neo_skywalker

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
Got to talk with Cameron Strother recently.

Yes, the little boy from the Saturn game who sings "Dreams Dreams" grew up. He's a session musician in Japan trying to hit fame on his own terms. He comes from a musical family, which could potentially explain how he got chosen to sing the kids version of the song back in '96.

He's done stuff for other games like "LocoRoco" and "The World Ends with You", but he mostly does commercial jingles. A lot of the songs he's written (or at least what he's sent over to me) are done on acoustic guitar, and they sound great. I bet some of the fangirls on the boards would probably swoon if they heard him.

He doesn't have a website yet, but he's working on that. And he says, "hi" to everybody on the board. :D

And well, that's it. Let's hope we hear more of this amazing young man soon!

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Wow really? So that means both him and Jasmine Allen kinda focused their careers in music, in Japan after being involved with NiD. That's very interesting. More people need to see this topic. Goes to show how often I check the music section..

..come to think of it then, I wonder why he wasn't also involved with JoD?

kurosen

kurosen

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
Very kool!

How did you get in touch with him? :lol:

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
Lol facebook. Window to the world.

Seeing DiGi discuss the finer points of bedding Morrigan with Elliots songsinger makes me lawl. He's a nice guy :lol:

neo_skywalker

neo_skywalker

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Lol facebook. Window to the world.

Seeing DiGi discuss the finer points of bedding Morrigan with Elliots songsinger makes me lawl. He's a nice guy :)

Yep, the Facebook be amazing. I actually did some (amateur) audio mixing on one of his demo tracks recently. If people ask nicely, maybe I'll let you listen to it...

He and I are also working on a special project for NiGHTS fans, but it's hush hush right now. ;)

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Lol, yeah. I asked all my facebook contacts who they prefered, Felicia or Morrigan...and seeing Cameron answer was a real eye opener, lol XD Mostly everyone picked Morrigan, meaing they're all into the kinky thing, ahah! XD ...but i digress

As for your secret project ..i *think* i know what it is but i won't say anything on the subject if it is. You mentioned something to me a long time ago so if it's that then great! I'll look forward to hearing it, regardless of what it is ;)

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
I'll just say it because.. I'd pick Morrigan too. That is all.

neo_skywalker

neo_skywalker

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
On a lesser note, I have to reach Jasmine Ann Allen, the original singer for Claris. I know she has a website, but it's outdated...

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
I tried to add her on facebook but i get the feeling she don't go on there very much. Still pending :/

neo_skywalker

neo_skywalker

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

I tried to add her on facebook but i get the feeling she don't go on there very much. Still pending :/

Same here. Maybe she had an account and forgot about it. Either way it'd be nice to add her, but at the same time I won't hold my breath.

neo_skywalker

neo_skywalker

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
Project that Cam and I are working on is taking a little longer than expected, but hopefully it should be ready for the upcoming Christmas Nights season! Hope you all are looking forward to it!

Level 99

Level 99

OMNIPOTENT GENIUS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100,263 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Video Games, Music, Video Game Music, the gym, sleeping, good people, good food, funny things, horror movies, and ballroom dancing. Probably more, but that's a good list.
What is it with all these holiday secrets! People are gonna end up spoiled after this winter season, ain't they?!

:blink:

neo_skywalker

neo_skywalker

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
By this time of course, the special project Cam and I have been working on hasn't been released yet. But we *ARE* working on it, and hopefully fan interest in it is still alive here on the boards.

But trust me when I say, I think you'll all enjoy it. <_<

neo_skywalker

neo_skywalker

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
For those of you still interested in stuff that Cam's done since NiD, he recently made a Myspace website showcasing some of the songs he's written. The site can be found below. Give the songs a listen and let everyone know what you think!

Cameron Strother - Demos

Also, the top-secret project he and I are working on is still in progress! I dare people to try and guess it. :D

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Rahted! His new stuff is brilliant! What a voice! O_O

.... man, seriously, those two kids, they sure did grow those voices, didn't they!

Musashi_HUmar

Musashi_HUmar

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Books, Music, Guitar, Anime, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Movies
Damn.... I hope he gets something good soon. I'd buy his albums.

neo_skywalker

neo_skywalker

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
Found another of Cam's old songs on Youtube recently and thought you all might like to give it a listen.

The Girl in the Red Shirt - Cam Strother

neo_skywalker

neo_skywalker

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
Okay, been a while, sorry to bump the thread.

As you all can tell, the project still hasn't been released yet. But Cam and I have noted that this year is NiGHTS' 15th anniversary (and yes that counts Christmas NiGHTS), and we weren't about to let this pass by un-noted. So after a crazy busy year for both of us, we're finally hankering down to deliver.

Expect a special gift this holiday season! ;)

neo_skywalker

neo_skywalker

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
Cam and I will be recording on Saturday, begin mixing next week! Can you guys feel the excitement in the winter air?

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
  • Interests:Punk, New Wave, horror movies, German Expressionism, cabarets, exotica. Long live VHS!
And how! I can't wait!

neo_skywalker

neo_skywalker

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
Gotten some scratch tracks from Cam that sound good, and we may even have a little help mixing from a guy who knows how to "Bebop" in the "Rain".

Excited yet NiGHTS fans?

neo_skywalker

neo_skywalker

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
And it's up! Both Cam and I are really happy it's having such an impact on NiGHTS fans.

Perhaps there may be more music from this young man in the future? ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users