Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

NiD.com on Gamespot

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

Blue Fantasy

Blue Fantasy

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts
  • Interests:Sonic, NiGHTS, video games, comics, reading, writing, drawing, anime
Just thought it was kinda nifty, but the dotcom was mentioned in Gamespots latest news on JoD.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/show_blog_ent...lyadded;title;1

NiGHTS hits snooze bar? Source: NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams has slipped into next year, according to a news post on the laser-focused fan site NiGHTS Into Dreams.

What we heard: Earlier this week, NiGHTS Into Dreams updated with news that Sega's upcoming Wii game NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams has slipped from its fall 2007 release date and is now expected to arrive sometime next year. The information apparently came out of the Leipzig Games Convention, as a Sega rep told a NiGHTS Into Dreams reader of the delay, and that reader quickly passed word along to the fan site as part of a series of articles about the game's showing there.

While NiGHTS Into Dreams is more exhaustive and detail-oriented than a typical fan site (it counts the hair color and names of certain characters among its scoops), reader tips on a fan site are ordinarily something to take with a heaping helping of salt. However, there are a few reasons to think a delay is in the works. For one, the game apparently isn't far enough in development that Sega feels comfortable letting the press get hands-on time with it. The game wasn't actually playable by members of the press at the E3 Media and Business Summit last month, or even last week in Leipzig, where some levels of the game were quite noticeably far from finished.

Then there are the strategic reasons for letting NiGHTS snooze into next year. With the rest of 2007 jam-packed with huge releases on all platforms, NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams would have a hard time attracting an audience any larger than its current dedicated niche fan base. Sega probably doesn't need the game to pad its release schedule, either. The publisher is already lining up Wii releases like Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games, The Golden Compass, Bleach: Shattered Blade, and Ghost Squad; it would make little sense to rush a potentially franchise-reviving title like Journey of Dreams into the mix.

The official story: As of press time, Sega had not returned GameSpot's request for comment.

Bogus or not bogus?: Leaning not bogus. Sega might not have confirmed the delay just yet, but the relatively low profile the game has been keeping, combined with the not-quite-ready-for-prime-time state of it at recent trade shows, suggest that the game's definitely going to miss its fall ship window, and might not hit during the holidays, either.

(I searched "Gamespot" on the forum and got no results, so I hope I'm not repeating anything...)

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..
Very frickin cool. XD

Curiosity Inc.

Curiosity Inc.

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts
Finally, the site gets its due as the best Gorramn NiGHTS fansite on the 'Net! :)

It's good of GameSpot to acknowledge that you broke the story and its even better that they praised the site how they did. Of course, you guys did better than great simply for breaking an exclusive story that eluded even IGN and Gamespot and other well-established gaming news sites.

Kudos all around.

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
This is so cool. The sites getting recognition by a huge website. Didn't this happen on the same site though or was it another gaming site?

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts
  • Interests:What?
...um...yay?

Exploding-Man

Exploding-Man

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts
Grats. This site now officially has street cred... and by that I mean net cred... and by that I mean people find this site reliable!

XD

JaxTH

JaxTH

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts
  • Interests:Video Games
    Anime
    Video Game music (I am a video game music junkie)
    Anime music
    Music with a good beat
    Reading Manga
    Food
    Churros (They are so great they get their own category)
    Ramen (It gets its own category too)
    Friendly people
    YouTube
    Watching Time Attacks/Speed Runs

Grats. This site now officially has street cred... and by that I mean net cred... and by that I mean people find this site reliable!

XD

Which means potential idiots/spammers singing up!

=P

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..

Which means potential idiots/spammers singing up!

=P

Bah, and that means they'll have to deal with me in my not-so-nice mode. We won't be standing for any of that garbage. No worries!

JaxTH

JaxTH

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts
    Anime
    Anime music
    Music with a good beat
    Reading Manga
    Food
    Friendly people
    YouTube

Bah, and that means they'll have to deal with me in my not-so-nice mode. We won't be standing for any of that garbage. No worries!

Wo0T!

P.S. I don't know, but sometimes I see your name and say "Who the hell is that?" sometimes.

Guest_submas13_*

Guest_submas13_*
  • Guests
Lets pat ourselves on the back for being a reliable fansite. (pats back)

Hopefully we won't have to deal with idiots popping in to screw around with us. But then again, it might be fun, because we can finally get a little revenge against our 'enemies' with a little 1 on 100 fight. :)

Oh, and I'm glad that the comments at the bottom aren't filled with stupid remarks.

JaxTH

JaxTH

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts
    Anime
    Anime music
    Music with a good beat
    Reading Manga
    Food
    Friendly people
    YouTube

But then again, it might be fun, because we can finally get a little revenge against our 'enemies' with a little 1 on 100 fight. :)

This isn't Shenmue!

Guest_submas13_*

Guest_submas13_*
  • Guests

This isn't Shenmue!

:) Yeah, but still..... we can take them on. After 11 years of waiting for a new game, some punks aren't going to ruin what we got going for us.

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
*Chuckle* Wow, you forget me! XD Well, granted, we seem to not often post in the same topics and if we do, its usually pages apart.. I'll cry myself to sleep tonight. Heh heh. Just remember: Purgatory is the crazy mod who talks too much.

As for people popping in to mess with us, we wouldn't want any verbal battles going on, but I admit, I'd probably be guilty of dropping them a nasty personal message or two before making sure the admins jump on their case. XD

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts
  • Interests:Lots of stuff. Too much stuff.
'laser-focused fansite'...

... TRiPPY...

IMMA CHARGIN MAH LASER!

Posted Image

SHOOP DA WHOOP!

Well, at least TRiP is.

PRiNCE

PRiNCE

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, singing, NiGHTS, pie, NiGHTS, singing, NiGHTS, taters, NiGHTS, singing, NiGHTS,Sonic, and did I say NiGHTS? NiGHTS!
This proves what I've known for a while now... This sute ROXORZ!!!!1111!!!!oneoneone!
This calls for a party! Oonce,oonce,oonce,oonce!

Curiosity Inc.

Curiosity Inc.

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

This calls for a party! Oonce,oonce,oonce,oonce!

I think you mean "uhn tiss uhn tiss uhn tiss."

Guest_submas13_*

Guest_submas13_*
  • Guests
Online forum party! Everyone needs to post some dancing icons. Someone spike the punchbowl! :(

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • Interests:Video games, NiGHTS, Sonic The Hedgehog, computer, drawing, reading, Egypt, more video games...

I think you mean "uhn tiss uhn tiss uhn tiss."

Jasper: "Oww...Why'd you stop?"

Hehehe. Yes this site is great. TRiPPY should be so proud people are spying on it, and Sega are cursing us for trying to spy on them so much. lol

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
I sense danger afoot.

Something harmful is over the horizon.

Guest_Ekairi_*

Guest_Ekairi_*
  • Guests
Even though its obvious that this fan site was mentioned it didn't appear they gave direct links to the site or even mention its name.
Either way I feel there will be a more influx of people closer to Christmas and close to the release date.

shadow1111111

shadow1111111

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts
I was looking though Gamespot.com, and there was an article about NiGHTS being delayed (under rumor control, but they are leaning towards "not bogus") that they are basing off of what nightsintodreams.com reported on. The site got recognition! Perhaps this will bring in interested people?

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • Interests:Video games, NiGHTS, Sonic The Hedgehog, computer, drawing, reading, Egypt, more video games...
We know. Your a little late to the party dear friend. http://www.nightsintodreams.com/forum//ind...p?showtopic=790

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
I merged your topic, Shadow. ^^

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts

'laser-focused fansite'...

... TRiPPY...

IMMA CHARGIN MAH LASER!

Posted Image

SHOOP DA WHOOP!

Well, at least TRiP is.

=3 -throws bomb into TRiPPY's mouth-

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Cool, GamePro also mentioned us (the site) as a source but didn't much go into any words about the site specifically. Or link to it.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
I don't think we would be the site we are now if it wasn't for those few people who took a heap load of risks to provide us with information from the source. In this particular case, Niraven is the one responsible for getting that information to us and quickly, too. If anything, we should be thanking them for this site getting recognition lately. So cheers to them. ;)

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
Cheers!

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Yes, cheers to Niraven and Martinjgamer.. I think his name is.. pardon any mistake

Still waiting for her to confirm the latest Reala concept art

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts
In that case, we're ALL Charging our lasers.

Posted Image

shadow1111111

shadow1111111

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

I merged your topic, Shadow. ^^

sorry for being slow on this :D thanks not pushing up my warning scale! some sites would be all "you shoulda known it was posted already! ur banned forever! hahahahahaha!"

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
Aw, psh, don't worry about it. You aren't gonna get your warning level raised by me for something so trivial. Especially because it can be easily fixed. Just keep an eye out next time. Either way, its fine. :)

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts

sorry for being slow on this :) thanks not pushing up my warning scale! some sites would be all "you shoulda known it was posted already! ur banned forever! hahahahahaha!"

Just because this palce is hosted by Sonic cult, dosn't mean the admins will act like them. No diss to Sonic Cult, but they are pretty strict.

Also, it funny that we got the infromation of delay all because someone decided to make a phone call. Thats all it takes people. Call someone!

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts

Just because this palce is hosted by Sonic cult, dosn't mean the admins will act like them. No diss to Sonic Cult, but they are pretty strict.

Of course, that's not necessarily a bad thing, because keeping Sonic n00bs in line from messing up and ticking off the Sonic oldbies is always a good idea :3.

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
But anyway, its awesome that the site got some recognition. YEAH! THE HAIR COLOUR IS A BIG PIECE OF INFO! WE'RE INTO EVERYTHING!! *lol*

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
What if the site gets featured in the game's credits. That'd be freakin awesome.

Guest_submas13_*

Guest_submas13_*
  • Guests
Just imagine some of the important people at NiD.com getting mentioned. That would be awesome!

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
I've had a thought for a bit that one of the secrets TRiPPY and DiGi are hiding from us involves contact from Sonic Team. Hopefully by typing this I haven't busted/ruined any expectations.

Guest_submas13_*

Guest_submas13_*
  • Guests
Maybe the NiD Crew will reveal some secrets about the game soon.

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
Awwww, how cute, they're dropping hints at us!

Heh heh, just kidding, guys.

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts

Just imagine some of the important people at NiD.com getting mentioned. That would be awesome!

:blink: Like me?

=3 Jokin'...>_> Maybe.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users