Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Your Random JOD though of the day?

• Please log in to reply
1191 replies to this topic

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2150 posts
  • Interests:Punk, New Wave, horror movies, German Expressionism, cabarets, exotica. Long live VHS!

My random JoD thought of the day: NiGHTS' hips are too thin for his body. If he tried to actually walk for longer than four feet, his hips would give out and he'd topple over. Thank Wizeman he can fly.

And now you know why he only ran for about a second in the intro. :P

ViCE

ViCE

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, yaoi, Phoenix Wright, Kingdom Hearts, theatre, CATS, StEx, Phantom of the Opera (Book & ALW Musical), art, cosplay, writing
I've always thought NiGHTS' design was increadably topheavy...

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2171 posts
  • Interests:I like NiGHTS, Sonic games, the Nightmare Before Christmas (I wonder what would happen if Oogie and Reala met... hmmmm.....) Writing, drawing, art in any way, shape, or form, hard rock music, dancing wildly even though I can't dance for crap. I write poetry and lyrics (although they're not very good T__T) and comedy movies. I love the Dreamcast podcast that DiGi and TRiPPY put on. I also enjoy thinking outside the box. I'm what is known as a Meathead. I can laugh at myself, think outside the box, and smile. Meatheads are smarter than your average Joe, with much more common sense and the rare ability to find creative solutions to problems. My idol is a man named Jimmy Dolittle. Look him up ^.~
And he HAS NO F@(%!^& NECK. NO NECK. NONE. NO NECK AT ALL. No neck.

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2150 posts
  • Interests:Punk, New Wave, horror movies, German Expressionism, cabarets, exotica. Long live VHS!

And he HAS NO F@(%!^& NECK. NO NECK. NONE. NO NECK AT ALL. No neck.

No wrist, either. NiGHTS defies all laws of anatomy! :P

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2171 posts
  • Interests:I like NiGHTS, Sonic games, the Nightmare Before Christmas (I wonder what would happen if Oogie and Reala met... hmmmm.....) Writing, drawing, art in any way, shape, or form, hard rock music, dancing wildly even though I can't dance for crap. I write poetry and lyrics (although they're not very good T__T) and comedy movies. I love the Dreamcast podcast that DiGi and TRiPPY put on. I also enjoy thinking outside the box. I'm what is known as a Meathead. I can laugh at myself, think outside the box, and smile. Meatheads are smarter than your average Joe, with much more common sense and the rare ability to find creative solutions to problems. My idol is a man named Jimmy Dolittle. Look him up ^.~
NiGHTS: Confusing the hell out of biologists since 1996.

Rachell

Rachell

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts
my random though: Owl has serious feather-losing problems, how come there's always feathers falling from his bodyand never gets bald? *shot*

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2150 posts

my random though: Owl has serious feather-losing problems, how come there's always feathers falling from his bodyand never gets bald? *shot*

Magic dream feathers! :)

No one in NiGHTS anatomically correct! :)

ViCE

ViCE

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, yaoi, Phoenix Wright, Kingdom Hearts, theatre, CATS, StEx, Phantom of the Opera (Book & ALW Musical), art, cosplay, writing

If you have a fictional character that is a dream character and dream about them, does it make them real? (I think so. :3)

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2150 posts

If you have a fictional character that is a dream character and dream about them, does it make them real? (I think so. :3)

Yes! Yes it does.

JoD needs Reala Day. That would be awsome. :)

Yes! Yes it does.

JoD needs Reala Day. That would be awsome. :P

StarsOfCASSiOPEiA

StarsOfCASSiOPEiA

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

I think it was said that JoD was originally a PS3/360 game but it was sent to the Wii.

That is correct.

Happy (slightly belated) Reala Day!

Anyone do anything fun?

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2150 posts

That is correct.

Happy (slightly belated) Reala Day!

Anyone do anything fun?

I wore makeup and scared everyone! :P

I got some great looks from people when I explained the entire story behind Reala day. Yay for flying mimes that cause nightmares! :lol:

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2171 posts
I sat in class pissed off because the principal played a nasty trick on all the juniors and seniors. Everyone age 15 and up wanted to punch her.

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2150 posts

I sat in class pissed off because the principal played a nasty trick on all the juniors and seniors. Everyone age 15 and up wanted to punch her.

I don't blame you. Standardised tests are the root of all evil. :)

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2171 posts
Especially mine, where I got three Advanced scores and did not want to take that test again. I alone probably raised the school's GPA significantly.

Rachell

Rachell

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts
too bad I couldn't do anything on Reala day, in my country we celebrate fools day on december (lol December's fools day)

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2171 posts
Where do you live, Rachell?

On a lighter (read: suckier) note, I am sick as a dog today. I wonder if NiGHTS ever gets the flu.

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2150 posts

On a lighter (read: suckier) note, I am sick as a dog today. I wonder if NiGHTS ever gets the flu.

The flu has been evil lately. So many people couln't attend school that my science teacher dubbed it "The Plague." Anyway, I doubt that they have diseases in Nightopia- it's too happy. Nightmare maybe, but wiuld Wizeman make his creations able to get sick in their own country, id you can call Nightmare that? Maybe NiGHTS woould get the flu if he dualized with dreamers in the real world, like in the *shudder* Archie comics.

Rachell

Rachell

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts

I live in Venezuela, so yeah I dont even speak english, fools day is celebrated at December's 28 and its called "Day of the saint innocents"

um..it would be interesting if NiGHTS dualizes with a visitor who has the flu
thou, it makes me wonder, how to have the flu if NiGHTS doesn't even have a nose...or lungs *shot*

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2171 posts
I don't want to know. Maybe he can't fly right? Or maybe he grows a temporary nose? Who knows? The nose knows. Lawl. *shot*

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2150 posts

I don't want to know. Maybe he can't fly right? Or maybe he grows a temporary nose? Who knows? The nose knows. Lawl. *shot*

Maybe he can just...dream about not having the flu or something, and poof! it's gone. Or perhaps he *does* have a nose, but it's microscopic.

MagicPickleFairy

MagicPickleFairy

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Video Games, Anime, Musical Theater.
I was at the grocery store, mainly waiting for meds...when I saw a cereal called, "Wise Bran." In a distance, the S looked like a Z, and I thought, "Wizeman has his own cereal?" Alas, no, because the "wise" is spelled with an S.

Then I thought, "What if Wizeman had his own cereal?" So that is my random thought for today.

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2150 posts

I was at the grocery store, mainly waiting for meds...when I saw a cereal called, "Wise Bran." In a distance, the S looked like a Z, and I thought, "Wizeman has his own cereal?" Alas, no, because the "wise" is spelled with an S.

Then I thought, "What if Wizeman had his own cereal?" So that is my random thought for today.

Would the pieces be shaped like little hands?

MagicPickleFairy

MagicPickleFairy

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Video Games, Anime, Musical Theater.

Would the pieces be shaped like little hands?

Yes, and the hands would taste like twigs! Because Wizeman is mean enough to make his cereal taste that way.

Rachell

Rachell

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts
just though about something really random, it involucres NiGHTS' and Reala's genderless....ness

Act 1:

I imagine them both fighting using fancy dresses, hitting each other with a fan

Act 2:

I imagine them both fighting using manly tuxedos, hitting each other using their gloves

Act 3: (this one involucres shapeshifting)

I imagine them both turning into godzilla-like monsters and fight each other while destroying the hell outta Nightopia/Nightmaren.

aaahh... the possibilities... the posibilities~ :P

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2949 posts
Thought: It wasn't the bird-key-capture system in itself that makes JoD's gameplay suffer, it's how the score system is rather ambiguous. In NiD you bust the capture and you receive your time bonus. In JoD you get the key, but when you do it doesn't present you with any immediate bonus, which is off-putting. Then part two of this, as we all know, is how you can't continue around the course afterward. The +time link system JoD has could somehow work with the fact that there is one less mare; +time= longer mares. I guess maybe it would then require tremendous skill to constantly add time, maybe as you make more rounds the time power-up decreases steadily, forcing larger and larger links to obtain any time bonus at all.

My fixed system would be thus- When you get the key you get your time bonus. Then you can keep going around the course as usual until time runs out. Since links now earn you more time, you need a challenge in that the clock will still run down. So in effect it's like a reverse multiplier. As you make more rounds around the mare, each successive run past the Prison will half the amount of time you get back. So by the time you complete half a dozen runs, you'll need to make a 100+ link to even get five seconds back. That kind of thing.

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2150 posts

just though about something really random, it involucres NiGHTS' and Reala's genderless....ness

Act 1:

I imagine them both fighting using fancy dresses, hitting each other with a fan

Act 2:

I imagine them both fighting using manly tuxedos, hitting each other using their gloves

Act 3: (this one involucres shapeshifting)

I imagine them both turning into godzilla-like monsters and fight each other while destroying the hell outta Nightopia/Nightmare.

aaahh... the possibilities... the posibilities~ :P

That is AWSOME!

(plus, I fixed your typo. Nightmare is the place, Nightmaren are the monsters :) )

Kamui

Kamui

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • Interests:Arting, cosplayin, Homestuck, Sonic and NiGHTS
I was working on my NiGHTS cosplay with my friends when the the thought randomly crossed my mind. What color is NiGHTS' underwear?

One of my friends said it was pink with little crescent moons on them. Another said it was purple, cause if it was pink, and the sun hit NiGHTS the right way, you'd be able to see his pink underwear. Then I had the audacity to say he wears panties, and everyone agreed. NiGHTS wearing boxers was to weird, even though we all see him as a guy. Then the question of Reala wearing boxers or briefs popped up. One of us said briefs, the rest of us said boxers. lol

And even weirder, we thought about Wizeman's undies. One of my friends said "Wizeman doesn't wear boxers or briefs. He's to big! He goes commando under that huge cape!". And then we all proceeded to laugh until our sides hurt.

That was our random JoD thought of the day. :3

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2949 posts
I've always thought of NiGHTS and Reala's ''clothes'' as pretty much their body. Like, maren are..basically.. nude. That's.. what they look like. Nothing more to the story..

Thought: If this game came out on PS360 we could have Ideya Capture DLC missions. Gah.

Rachell

Rachell

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts
when I was playing Sonic adventure 2 and I was raising my NiGHTS chao I noticed something interesting

he had an arrow-shaped tiptail! ya know, like a demon tail

now my random though was...the NiGHTS chao is bassed off NiGHTS (DUH) the chao has the biggest of the angel chao wings and the longest of the dark chao tails, and yet he's a neutral chao...this makes me think that those fact refer NiGHTS conflict of being the bad-to-good guy...or something

...oooh interesting *slapped*

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2150 posts

when I was playing Sonic adventure 2 and I was raising my NiGHTS chao I noticed something interesting

he had an arrow-shaped tiptail! ya know, like a demon tail

now my random though was...the NiGHTS chao is bassed off NiGHTS (DUH) the chao has the biggest of the angel chao wings and the longest of the dark chao tails, and yet he's a neutral chao...this makes me think that those fact refer NiGHTS conflict of being the bad-to-good guy...or something

...oooh interesting *slapped*

Interesting idea. I don't know where the tail is from ("nightmare!" yells a voice from the audience), but the wings are because he's a Neutral-Fly-Fly type, and is super-awsome-cool at flying. (yes, I stole that line from a letter in Nintendo Power, lol)

StarsOfCASSiOPEiA

StarsOfCASSiOPEiA

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts
Not so much a random THOUGHT of the day, a random action. XD

So, last week was the school's talent show. With two of my friends, we did a magic act.

Background music: Donbalon's second theme.

NiGHTS music = EPIC WIN.

Kamui

Kamui

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts

So, last week was the school's talent show. With two of my friends, we did a magic act.

NiGHTS music = EPIC WIN.

Omg, you win so hard.

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2150 posts

NiGHTS music = EPIC WIN.

Horray for subliminal NiGHTS messaging! :(

I might be in a talent show soon, and I can do magic...mind if I steal your idea?

Kamui

Kamui

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
This is more of an observation and realization. But if you let NiGHTS sit for a while(like, after a boss battle, i don't know if it works on the other levels), he plays a "Dream Violin"!

I made NiGHTS stop moving right after I beat Chameleon(damn he's hard to beat...), just let him float there. And while the game was counting up my score, I noticed NIGHTS moving his hands like he was playing something. But I couldn't really see it all that well cause the camera was zoomed out. So I fought Girania(since the camera was a little closer) and I noticed he really was playing the violin(or viola, whatever lol)! Blew my mind it did. :3

So I guess now he has a Dream Flute and a Dream Violin?

Kentilan

Kentilan

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts
Maybe he has a whole Dream Orchestra!
Or maybe he just spent too much time with Helen :lol:

Razer112

Razer112

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts
  • Interests:Video games, game design, art things
Random Thought: Is it Me or do Will and Helen use the same animations as NiGHTS when they are flying?

StarsOfCASSiOPEiA

StarsOfCASSiOPEiA

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts
Hahahaha, thank you guys! ^^ Subliminal promotion = epic win. We even shot off purple sparkly confetti at the end of our act! :lol:

Sure, go right ahead Noctourne! :P I'd love to hear about what you're doing.

I second the idea of a Dream Orchestra. That'd be pretty darn sweet.

Kentilan

Kentilan

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Random Thought: Is it Me or do Will and Helen use the same animations as NiGHTS when they are flying?

Yes, I think so. Isn't it the same thing for Elliot and Claris in NiD?

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2949 posts
Thought: I was kinda disappointed how in JoD NiGHTS doesn't have that idle stance from NiD, the one with his arm crossed over and knee bent. That pose was cool.

Kamui

Kamui

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Thought: I was kinda disappointed how in JoD NiGHTS doesn't have that idle stance from NiD, the one with his arm crossed over and knee bent. That pose was cool.

NiGHTS does have that pose. If you wait a little bit, he goes into that pose. The idle stance comes before the violin pose. :3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users