Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Gym Class Heroes

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Well, i figured i'd showoff the current group that i'm listening to.

A band that combines rap and band culture together, but not in the sense that, say, Limp Bizkit 'sort of' tried to do. It's a little different. They have that funky sound to them that i like. The rhymes are also cleverly written, so that's always a plus in my little book of hip-hop.

Anyways, if you're bored or generally interested then feel free to check these songs out for yourself.

My personal favourite. A clever video to go with a clever set of lyrics -
Gym Class Heroes - New Friend Request

Another one i find myself listening to quite a lot. Generally, a feel good track. The song that opens this video is called 'Viva La White Girl', which i also really appreciate. If anything, watch the video for the face off with the furries, lol -
Gym Class Heroes - Clothes Off

And, you may have heard this one already but it's a cute track, if nothing else -
Gym Class Heroes - Cupids Chokehold

Enjoy. *dances away*

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • Interests:Video games, NiGHTS, Sonic The Hedgehog, computer, drawing, reading, Egypt, more video games...
NOt bad. Their pretty good, and that is saying a lot because I hate just about all forms of rap. I don't like the song ideas so much though, but at least the music is pleasing to the ear, and doesn't make my ears bleed like most rap songs do.

Louis

Louis

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts
I've not found myself liking them too much if I must be honest. Cupids Chokehold wasn't terrible (well lyrically it was abysmal), but their latest track just grates on my nerves a little too much. I think their biggest problem is just how forgettable their stuff is compared to that terrible man from Fallout Boy they have sing the chorus in those two songs, Clothes Off is a much worse offender than Cupids Chokehold in this area. Now, if they were to take their Fort Minor style sound and collaborate with some talented artists or perhaps provide vaguely interesting instrumentals I think they'd be onto something.

(Hi, I'm a musical snob, nice to meet you)

Maki Izumii

Maki Izumii

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts
While definitely not my thing, I can see the appeal in what they're doing.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
I'm a big fan of cupids chokehold, no thanks to those crazy dancing kids in the video XD So i likes that song.

I'm not too fond of the clothes off tune nomatter how much you sing it, lol ahaha, but i like the first song on their album. The album is a weird one, most of it is good yet the other not so good part is pretty bland, which is a shame as i think the band themselves are funky. Travis is interesting.

I need to listen to the album more to like any other song as much as Cupids Chokehold.

infractus

infractus

former Secretary of Balloon Doggies

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • Interests:Anything, everything, because I like things.
Funny, I didn't know it was the Gym Class Heroes that did "Cupid's Chokehold." First time I heard it on the radio, it got stuck in my head and the DJ's didn't even have the decency to supply artist info afterward.. they haven't played it while I been listening since.

Cute videos, catchy songs. Been looking for something different to listen to. Maybe you've answered that question ^^.

DREAMiNF

DREAMiNF

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Location:British Columbia, Otherwise known as Hell Recreated
  • Interests:NiGHTS, Final Fantasy, Guitar, and thats about it XD
Weeeee Have To take our Clothes off XD I loveee that song.... BECAUSE PATRICK STUMPH IS IN IT!

Kori

Kori

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, reading, writing, making AMVs, games, movies, romance, anime & manga (current fave: Naruto), 80s and 90s cartoons, and of course, anything to do with NiGHTS! X3
Cupid's Chokehold! I remember that! They don't play it on the radio so much anymore.. XD; When I first heard it, I thought it was a remix of "Breakfast in America" by Supertramp! Very catchy, stuck in my head for aaaaages...

And yes, the dancing kids make the vid so much more appealing!

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Ya know, i honestly didn't epect this topic to receive as much attention as this. So, thank you to those of you who actually checked it out in the first place. XD

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • Interests:Video games, NiGHTS, Sonic The Hedgehog, computer, drawing, reading, Egypt, more video games...
Oh god. I feel like such a total idiot. One song I really like and listen to right now is "Take a look at my Girlfriend." How did I miss that? lol

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
lol Well done, Yami :huh:

AirMax

AirMax

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • Interests:school-survival.net, NiD, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, anime, awesome, scoreattack.net
Wait, isn't that that guy on the commercials that are all anti-smoking? And at the end it's like "truth"?

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
Viva La White Girl. That's all I'm going to say.

kidninja

kidninja

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts
  • Interests:video games, imports, marksmenship, samurai, ninjas, monkeys,technical misc stuff, NiGHTS, sonic, megaman, diffrent anime, and Gintama.
cupids chokehold is all i listen to of them by the way that is "take a look at my girlfriend" (just incase)

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts

cupids chokehold is all i listen to of them by the way that is "take a look at my girlfriend" (just incase)

Well now I feel really stupid! I didn't even have the title right! Gah... :lol: Not my fault, I asked a friend what the name of the song was when I heard it and that is what she told me. I downloded it and found it as such as well. So yeah...

Thanks for pointing this out to me even though its a loong while after the fact. I am pretty embarressed to have been calling it by the wrong name all this time. (I sitll listen to the song from time to time even now by the way. :D )

Digi! Why didn't you tell me that when I said it many post ago? ;_;

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
hmm? The song is called 'Cupids Chokehold' .... o.o I said it in my first post. XD
Anyways, it's doesn't matter too much. I was calling a Tupac Shakur song 'Take Money' when it was actually called 'Hit Em Up'. Can you imagine how stupid i looked in the Hip Hop community? I was lucky i wasn't shot because of it. XP

Xenon

Xenon

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, Automotive, Anime, Video Games in general, Drawing, Driving, Bowling, Snowboarding, other such funstuffs ^.^
oh man, how did I miss this topic?? Gym Class Heroes are awesome! I have only one album of theirs though, and thats "As Cruel as School Children" which the first two tracks you mentioned are off of. Absolutely LOVE that CD.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users