Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Who is your favourite comicbook character

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
If you read any kind of comics you're obviously going to have a favourite character.

So who would you consider to be downright awesome in the fiction paper world? And whhhhy?

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Batman. He could be stopped by a single bullet. But good luck with that.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
If this includes Manga then i'm going to say Rock Lee from Naruto, because he's got a lot of heart and soul in him and i like that with a character.

See, the UK is still only on Graphic novel 14. Huuurrry Uuuuuup T_T I wanna see where the story goes. I was downloading pages from a website a while ago but i've decided to actually buy the novels now, just for the fact that i want to own them.

Guest_Vampire Killer_*

Guest_Vampire Killer_*
  • Guests
Batman. He's smart. He's got a cool costume, gadgets and vehicles, plus lots of money. He knows martial arts and has good detective skills.

Maki Izumii

Maki Izumii

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts
Hm. I'd probably have to say Devi from Jhonen Vasquez' 'I feel sick: A book about a girl' Mainly because she's an interesting character and every time I read the comic, I understand a bit more about her.
Manga-wise, I'd probably say.. The Cast of Ouran *snortlaugh* they're all hilarious in their own way, especially Tamaki and Hikaru

Guest_Ekairi_*

Guest_Ekairi_*
  • Guests

If this includes Manga then i'm going to say Rock Lee from Naruto, because he's got a lot of heart and soul in him and i like that with a character.

See, the UK is still only on Graphic novel 14. Huuurrry Uuuuuup T_T I wanna see where the story goes. I was downloading pages from a website a while ago but i've decided to actually buy the novels now, just for the fact that i want to own them.

You forgot about the green. XD
Other than that... Ditto

Avenrir

Avenrir

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, monsters & beasties, insects & spiders ( but not moths. KEEP THEM AWAY! ), art, comics, cartoons, dinosaurs, mythical creatures, fonts, dreams & nightmares, swords, retro videogames, the Discworld, and last but not least: Cadbury's chocolate. O.O
My favourite comic book character HAS to be Miyamoto Usagi from Stan Sakai's Usagi Yojimbo, which is based around anthropomorphic animals living in Feudal Japan( which probably sounds rather silly, but seriously, I love this series ;_; ).

To keep myself short as I'm prone to rambling about Usagi: He's a bunny ronin who kicks all manner of medieval Japanese butt, ranging from your everyday bandit gang to your not-so-everyday obakemono, whilst still retaining that friendly, lovable personality he has. He's just awesome. ^^

Maki Izumii

Maki Izumii

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts

My favourite comic book character HAS to be Miyamoto Usagi from Stan Sakai's Usagi Yojimbo, which is based around anthropomorphic animals living in Feudal Japan( which probably sounds rather silly, but seriously, I love this series ;_; ).

To keep myself short as I'm prone to rambling about Usagi: He's a bunny ronin who kicks all manner of medieval Japanese butt, ranging from your everyday bandit gang to your not-so-everyday obakemono, whilst still retaining that friendly, lovable personality he has. He's just awesome. ^^

He appears in TMNT sometimes, doesn't he? If so, then yes, I agree with you <_<

AirMax

AirMax

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • Interests:school-survival.net, NiD, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, anime, awesome, scoreattack.net
Uh, NiGHTS? Curse those books.

Edward Elric from Fullmetal Alchemist. He's smart about stuff. Everything I want to be, is him.

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
  • Interests:Nerdy stuff.
Two words: Optimus Prime

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts

Two words: Optimus Prime

You know, i've never read the comics but i would have to agree with you there.

Exploding-Man

Exploding-Man

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts
It has changed a bunch. Last time I bought a comic I really loved Deadpool. Antiheroes ftw.

Other than that I follow the weekly Naruto scanlation. Yeah yeah, I know some of you are going to say manga doesn't count, but a comic is a comic imo. And for that series, I don't care how much it has been raped by the American market, Kakashi is still my favorite ninja badass.

Mitsuu

Mitsuu

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts

thank you for liking the manga instead of the anime. seems everyone i know loves the anime and hates the manga when OBVIOUSLY IT SHOULD BE THE OTHER WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
*very small rant over*

i would definatively have to say wolfwood from trigun, though it's pretty close between him and vash. but wolfwood wins because of the scene when he dies and because he's got a giant cross gun thingamajigger.

edit-oh sweetness, i should have read the posts past digi's. deadpool is awesomeness.

wyldflowa

wyldflowa

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Interests:I like drawing comics! And ur... drawing comics. And... comics...<br /><br />I like games too. XD
Rock Leeeeee~ He should what all men aspire to be like - honestly~ He has strength, honor, a hard working attitude, nice shiny hair and he knows how to treat a lady. 8D A perfect gent! He works so hard despite the fact he may never be as strong as his ninjutsu-using comrades... he's wonderful! *o* Mitsuu! You're totally right! The manga is waaaaay better than the anime! Like with Fullmetal Alchemist, Bleach and One Piece~! Anime = NO manga = WIN. Crappy filler arcs are crappy. I totally tuned out with the Bount arc in the Bleach anime... but the manga hogod I can't stop reading. *_*

Another good one, L from Death Note. Bwaaahaha~ Not much explanation is needed. XD He's just... L...

I'm really beginning to like Haruhi from Host Club - it's so nice to see a no sh!t kind of female character in a manga who doesn't go all googly-eyed over every pretty boy she sees (and trust me, there's a lot of pretty boys in Host Club ahaha). Her wit is so acerbic and quick yet she remains honest and level headed and just a nice person despite being poor and in debt to the Host Club and suchwhat. I like her, she's cool. ^.^

Icachan

Icachan

Undercover.

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts
  • Interests:Pretty much everything and then some.
Oosaki Nana from...well, Nana. She's pretty much everything I like in a character. ^__^ Cool, stylish, dark hidden secrets but still very realistic and believable.

I've also really started to like Miwako from ParaKiss, which is strange since she's not at all the type of character I usually like. *total Ai Yazawa fangirl*

Mitsuu

Mitsuu

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts
i guess i shouldn't be too harsh on the naruto anime though because mainly it's the english translation of it that's really bad. don't get me wrong, the japanese version sucks as well, but the english is completely horrendous. cartoon network is playing a naruto marathon right now and i decided to see if the fight between naruto and orochimaru(one of my favourite fights in the manga) was at least somewhat decent. well, it was going along with orochimaru about to attack sasuke and then woosh, the pointy throw-y thingamajiggers hit the tree right above him. then naruto appears and says, "it looks like... i came just in time!" and i really couldn't watch any more. the line's bad enough, but then they put in that pause which doesn't make any sense.

wow, i kind of ranted. seems i do that when talking about this subject. it was kind of off-topic, so... WOLFWOOD FTW!!

Exploding-Man

Exploding-Man

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts
I prettymuch watched the anime exclusively up till the end of part 1. Then they started on the filler arc and it was too painful to watch. I started reading the manga exclusively from that point (only watched a couple of shippuden episodes, and while better than the filler arc, isnt anywhere near as good as the manga). I almost can't wait for the filler arc to come stateside so I can see how woefully horrendous it is.

Moriarty

Moriarty

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
Rorschach.

A short, smelly, poor, ugly little man with a black-and-white moral perspective and psychological complexes a-plenty, surrounded by a world that loathes him, and he becomes the terror of the underworld. Batman's got nothing on him.

Handy Candy

Handy Candy

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Interests:Kicking fish, food (which is f'in important), and drawing...stuff.
This midgie likes Honda Tohru from Fruits Basket :lol: Because she is full of happiness and light! and the constant stare of confusion on her face is awesome. I feel very akin to her.

Nickbot

Nickbot

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Interests:Tattoos, NiGHTS, and Wizeman
Surprisingly my favorite character comes from an online comic called NOWHERE GIRL. Jamie Adler, a girl looking for her place in the world. Sadly the series is only holding two chapters and is as of right now at a stand still. Though I'm trying to convince Justine Shaw to make some more lovely additions.

MissyZero

MissyZero

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Interests:Art, comics, games...etc etc etc.
Deadpool: Witty, skilled, crazy, and pretty darn amusing to read about. His antics make me laugh.

Batman: Whats there NOT to like about Batman?

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
  • Interests:Nerdy stuff.
Glad to hear there are others who love Deadpool. He's my second favorite comic character. You have to love how he breaks the fourth wall on a regular basis. I don't even care if he's a Deathstroke rip-off, Deadpool is one in a million.

d3vilcat

d3vilcat

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
Obelix cause he is super strong and funny.
Asterix cause he is short and cute.
Tintin cause he is smart and adventureous.
W.I.T.C.H guardians cause the are an awsome team and great friends.
there isn't much comics available, there's also Batman, Superman, Sonic and Mickey mouse. Nope no marvel comics here ;-;

DiENE

DiENE

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts
  • Interests:*Imagination<br />*Drawing<br />*Anime<br />*Video Games<br />*Dreaming<br />*Music
I can't really say because I have only read a few issues of many different comics, I can't judge. But there is one character in a particular manga I enjoy. ::Drools on sig:: :D

ayamemaiden

ayamemaiden

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts
Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy.

NeoKairi

NeoKairi

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts
For me it's probably Nemesis and Torquemada from Nemesis the Warlock. I mean, on one hand you have an alien who belongs to a species called "Warlock" who's trying to protect other aliens from the humans who are led by Torquemada, a cruel dictator who wishes to exterminate all alien life. EVEN IF IT'S CUTE.

I love that comic, and I love those two characters.

KiloTango

KiloTango

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts
God, that's tough actually.

Spider Jerusalem from Transmetropolitan is pretty awsome. Also, Hellboy is great too (and so much better in the comics than the film.)

Manga wise, Eury Evans from Immortal Rain is pretty cool.

Kori

Kori

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, reading, writing, making AMVs, games, movies, romance, anime &amp; manga (current fave: Naruto), 80s and 90s cartoons, and of course, anything to do with NiGHTS! X3
Manga-wise: Hinata Hyuuga! She's shy, timid, quiet, and does that finger-poking thing - very much like myself as a child. XD And her admiration for Naruto is adorable! The fact that underneath the gentle exterior is a fiercely determined spirit.. she's very inspiring! :3

And yes, Rock Lee rawks as well! LOL

Non-manga: I couldn't think of any particular faves until d3vilcat mentioned Asterix! Definitely him and Obelix! Nothing like a good ol' legionary-bashing brouhaha, or even a romp over smelly fish.. classic stuff!

DREAMiNF

DREAMiNF

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Location:British Columbia, Otherwise known as Hell Recreated
  • Interests:NiGHTS, Final Fantasy, Guitar, and thats about it XD
I WOULD say Archie, but after the NiD comics I have lost all fath in him..... GOSH PLEASE DONT MAKE ONE FOR JoD!!!!

Err anyways I'd say Sonic for Comic Books, cause He was my childhood hero... heh I could still remember nagging mum and dad to get me sonic cd... anyway, and Koiuke from BECK for Manga, cause I love his (english singing) voice and he really made the tele-caster look bad ass.

NeoKairi

NeoKairi

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts
Yesss... I'd forgotten about Asterix and Obelix... Though I have to say that I prefer reading the Asterix comics in French. The translations... HORRIFY me.

And with that, I'll add another French comic character that I doubt any of you have heard of since I don't remember seeing his comic translated: Gaston Lagaffe. He's basically a guy working at a comic book company, and his job is to answer fan-mail. The only problem is that he always procrastinates or almost puts others in danger when working on inventions of his. XD

KiloTango

KiloTango

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts
It's a chronic shame there aren't more European comics that get translated. There's some STUNNING French and Belgian stuff that never gets to an English speaking audience, it's such a shame.

animejosse

animejosse

Dreamworld Police

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts
Gaston! I know of him, dad has all of the albums that were translated to Swedish.

KiloTango, I agree. Several of my favourite comic characters are from Valhalla, an excellent Danish series based on Norse mythology but with several little twists and changes to make things interesting. IMO it deserves more fans.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
O_O Neokairi you read 2000AD? I grew up with that comic Nemmy was my fave comic hero as a kid along with the ABC warriors. I have all the original comics from the 80's. Purity was badass, but... she really needed to seek advice with her stylist. A lot of the way i often portray my U.V comes from Nemmy too. Gah i'm so happy someone else knows of him ^_^ Also... Deadlock reminds me of Jackle *snort* i loved how they crossed over ABC warriors and Nemesis.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nemesis_the_Warlock

For those not in the know ABC Warriors= BRITISH TRANSFORMERS.... just without the transforming part. Machines that are funny, sexy and give Prime a run for his money. The stories were EPIC.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ABC_Warriors

Man those comics were what made me love comics.

EDIT-HOLY CRAP THEY MADE A BOOK IN 1999? O_______O I didn't know this! AIIIE *fangirl shriek*

NeoKairi

NeoKairi

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts
Yesss. I do read 2000AD. The only problem is that you can't really find anything from it over here (at least not where comics are available to me) so I'm having trouble finishing the Nemesis series or even read more of the ABC Warriors. ;__;

And Purity's hair always makes me go "Wha...?"
It's just... IT'S SO 80s.

KiloTango

KiloTango

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts
Just to say, the best 2000AD character is Nikolai Dante. (From the series of the same name)

He just is.

No really.

You can get some of his stuff in collected books, but some of them are hard to find. It's SF but based on Russian empire stuff, he's the bastard child of a nobleman and the queen of the pirates and is just the most swashbuckling awesome thing ever. :D

Look, he's just COOL!

There NEEDS to be a film. It would be SO good.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
If i get some time off i'll try to scan them one day- though i seen a Nemesis 'collection' book while i was at a comic convention in 2003, so search for it on amazon or something. I really wanted to read it but the guy was being annoying. ALSO the stall was selling figureines of him, and also D.R & Quinch (another great series from 2000AD). It was looooovely.

Dark Magician

Dark Magician

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • Interests:Creative writing, drawing, video games, manga/anime, and astronomy. Writing more would probably take too much time.
Non manga-

Nightcrawler from X-Men: I admire his personality and the fact that he doesn't personally hate the very people who persecute him for something that is literally out of his control (when all of us surely wouldn't be as forgiving).

Batman: He's a hero, he's cool, and not a boy scout like Superman.

Sonic the Hedgehog: What can I say, he's my childhood hero.

Manga:

Rock Lee, Naruto, and Hinata: All of these characters were considered failures in their universe, but managed to prove everyone wrong. Rock Lee is just charming, hilarious, and inspires me to try harder at the things I do; Hinata is just sweet and I love seeing her improve; Naruto... is Naruto and will be Hokage!
Other favorites include Kakashi-sensei, Gai-sensei, Yondaime, Haku, Shino, and Shikamaru.

Monkey D. Luffy: He inspires me just like Lee... only he's more of a lovable idiot.

Edward and Alphonse Elric, Roy Mustang, Riza Hawkeye, Maes Hughes, Alphons and Envy:

GarnetPrincess

GarnetPrincess

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Interests:Cardcaptor Sakura, Dungeons &amp; Dragons, Evanescence, Final Fantasy, Linkin Park, NiGHTS, Resident Evil (movie trilogy), Sailor Moon, The Lord of the Rings (movie trilogy), Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas, Transformers (movie), Valkyrie Profile, xxxHolic
Mine has always been Jean Grey and the Phoenix. I was (and still am) fascinated with the cosmic entity, its attachment to Jean and how it effects the X-Men and the rest of the Marvel universe.

MKTRanma

MKTRanma

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, Pokemon, Megaman, Yugioh, Sonic, Ranma 1/2, Tsubasa Chronicle, Ouran High School Host Club, Drawing, Photoshop
Ah... my favorite comic book character. I actually have 2, no one mind me.

The first is Syaoran from Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles. He is himself, he will do everything he can to protect the girl he loves, he's strong, he's strong-willed, he's smart, and he's basically considered one of the more popular manga characters out right now. Every girl wants a guy like him, and every guy wants to be him. Or... at least the readers. If you haven't read it, flip through the first and second volume and see how you end up liking it. It's a very good manga and it doesn't disappoint. While I don't want to be like Syaoran, a friend of mine likened me to him before I even heard of the manga. Oh, and if you're wondering, it's made by CLAMP, the guys who did Card Captor Sakura, Magic Knight Rayearth, X, xxxHolic and a few more. Even better, I think if you search oyu can find like... the first 5 episodes on the internet? that's like 2 mangas in one.

Second is Haruhi from Bisco Hatori's Ouran High School Host Club. I just love her character, it's charming, strong, yet well reserved. She can take care of herself and she has no gender identity what-so-ever. It's quite easy to relate to her. She's just awesome in her own way. If you never read host club or, better yet, seen the anime... YOU MUST WATCH IT O____O

And those are my favs :lol:

Guest_submas13_*

Guest_submas13_*
  • Guests
My favs are D-Pad and Analog. Best comic book heroes ever.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users