Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Lucid after long last

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

VERTiGO

VERTiGO

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Interests:well, NiGHTS, of course, but besides that, we got the video games, the techno music, the card magic, and anything that can ammuse the easily ammused. such as the evil golf ball snow globe.
It's great to have the site back up and running! ^^

I finally got lucid a few NiGHTS ago >w<! I wasnt able to do much before I managed to convince myself that it was too 'realistic', but I was able to do a few things. I noticed something change upon a second glance, and boom! "Oh! hey! I'm dreaming! hm... what to do... I'll go fly!" but as I tried to go out the door, I was talking to my grandmother, and the cats were trying to get out, and I wasnt lucid anymore ;;

Then not long after, I got lucid again! but not long enough to do anything but fly for a few seconds.

SO! Tell me about your first/best experience being lucid =3

Kori

Kori

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, reading, writing, making AMVs, games, movies, romance, anime &amp; manga (current fave: Naruto), 80s and 90s cartoons, and of course, anything to do with NiGHTS! X3
Woohoo! Congrats on reaching lucidity, VERTiGO! :3 That's often how it starts, just a few seconds, but given time, I'm sure you'll have control for the whole dream!

I've felt lucid before, but my most intense experience was just the night before! I suddenly realized I was dreaming, and I took off flying.. only it felt like I left my body behind! XD But I kept flying out of my room, and came to a magnificent circular waterfall. I flew all along the inside of it, ducking beneath the falls and hearing nothing but roaring water. It was AMAZING!

Ganbatte! You're doing great!

Nellie Francis

Nellie Francis

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
Aww...

While I don't recall to much in terms of a lucid expirience, I sure as heck haven't been having any as of late. It takes a while for me to fall asleep. When I do, I go through a dark and foggy vision, shortly before waking up with barely any recollection. Happens on some NiGHTS, though. T.T

Nice to see you did, though.

Maki Izumii

Maki Izumii

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts
haha, I flew the first time I was lucid, but it felt like I was playing mario 64- it actually made my a little sick when I woke up D:

Louis

Louis

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts
The other night I was controling lighting in time with some music playing. Lighting striking all around as if it were dancing. It was nice.

iNSOMNiAC

iNSOMNiAC

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts
Woohoo! *glomps Vert* I'm so proud of yooooou~! *squeezes cheeks* I was lucid a few NiGHTS ago. o.O Someone pushed me into a puddle of blood(that was oddly deep), I think it might've been Somni...I was thinking: "Ya know...This is just a puddle...How come it's s deep..?" And BAM~! Instant lucidity. Natrually, the first thing I did was levitate out of the pool, manifest some wings(I'm good at that XD) and take off. I managed to fly for quite some time before I started loosing concentration..I fell and ended up on something really fluffy and woke up. Turns out my cat was licking me in the face. >| Oh well. XD It was fun while it lasted. Anyways, congrats VERTiGO! >w<

KittyWhiggles

KittyWhiggles

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts
In luicd dreams, if the situation is goin bad, i escape by jumping out a window XD, why i always use a window is beyond me.

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
I'm never lucid :)

I'll buy all of your lucidness for 25 cent.

Maki Izumii

Maki Izumii

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts
Eh, lucidity isn't necessarily a good thing. It can be mentally draining and you can wake up feeling not rested at all. It's fun and all, but I wouldn't be specifically wanting to go lucid. Kinda more fun to go with the flow *I get a lot of dreams where its like I'm watching a movie, I'm not actually in the dream's action, for instance. Its fun to see how the story turns out*

Louis

Louis

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Eh, lucidity isn't necessarily a good thing. It can be mentally draining and you can wake up feeling not rested at all. It's fun and all, but I wouldn't be specifically wanting to go lucid. Kinda more fun to go with the flow *I get a lot of dreams where its like I'm watching a movie, I'm not actually in the dream's action, for instance. Its fun to see how the story turns out*

I found the restless thing a problem when I first started, but the feeling goes. It's no different to a normal NiGHTS sleep really. My mind is active in all my dreams, lucid or not, so there's no difference.

Wizeman1213

Wizeman1213

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts
  • Interests:NiD, NiD, and more NiD
congratulations! So, were you able to control your dream or not? If not, don't be discouraged. It gets easier over time. ^_^

My first time being lucid was over a month ago. I was in a normal dream, then I felt strangely conscious near the end of it. I took advantage of my lucidity and tried all sorts of weird things, like using magic and telekinesis, but to no avail. Only until my last lucid dream was I able to do all sorts of amazing things.

Exploding-Man

Exploding-Man

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts
I actually had a lucid dream recently. Woke up shortly after it started. Not disappointed though, as I personally prefer my random dreams to lucidness.

Louis

Louis

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts

I actually had a lucid dream recently. Woke up shortly after it started. Not disappointed though, as I personally prefer my random dreams to lucidness.

Random events combined with lucidity makes for fun dreams.

Ealynn

Ealynn

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Interests:I'm a freelance comic book artist and animator with a passion for storytelling. I love myths and legends and have a fondness of old animated children's tv shows and retro & indie games.
I'm still a little scared for it, because my first experience was a bad one. A friend of mine does it regularly and was always talking about it. My boyfriend at that time was like that it's too taxing on yourself as by day you control everything, and it's far better to try and let go of that control in lucid dreams so you drift to your inner self.
So when a while after I got lucid for the first time I was like. Hey, I'm lucid. Okay, okay, focus! I have to not monitor anything but let go of my control like my boyfriend told me and drift to my real self (it felt as if I was looking down on my body, while at the same time feeling the bed beneath me) But by trying so hard, of course that wouldn't work :P; then there was this voice that supposedly was my innerself who was laughing at my feeble attempt and saying, try first to do this! And I was smacked back into my bed and pushed down. I think I was somehow semi-awake, cause I was aware of my room but I couldn't move at all and I panicked. (somewhere someone called that sleep paralysis?) so I yelled and broke free, rushed out of bed to my mother who slept nextdoor and she came to sleep next to me in my bed to calm me down. And then I woke up. And I panicked and rushed out of my bed to my mother and she slept that night next to me because I was scared out of my wits.
I've been lucid for two times after that now, always being a bit scared. But I do have something those very vivid movielike dreams, which are awesome and feel more real to me than reality.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users