Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

A bunch of little things

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

Jof

Jof

Beard status: Distinctly Hobo.

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,388,607 posts
  • Interests:Making NiGHTS shine. In an oily way.
The site is back : D.
4 days before I go on holiday for 2 weeks ;P. Ah well, better than nothing eh ?

Anywho, to get this toping rolling, there was 2 or 3 things worth noting that happened when the site dissapeared.

NiGHTS JoD Boxart

Posted Image

This was revealed over at SEGA Nerds http://www.seganerds.com/2007/07/28/possib...dreams-box-art/

IGN put up large screenshots of the CGI movies and Ideya Palace

And the last thing I noted, was again over at Seag Nerds. They said a SEGA representative at E3 told them this :

Helen and Will are the two new personalities replacing Eliot and Claris as the humans that transform into the acrobatic NiGHTS, but their role isn’t quite the same as Eliot and Claris’ was. According to a Sega representative, players can control Helen and Will in 3D platforming levels later on in the game, and once players collect blue balls when flying around as NiGHTS, they can use those as projectiles when playing as Helen and Will.

http://www.seganerds.com/2007/07/14/actual...rney-of-dreams/

Thoughts ?

Also, this would be a fitting topic if anyone else found anything worth noting while the site was down : )

gsk

gsk

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts
  • Interests:Video games, indie music, films
new pics?

Jof

Jof

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,388,607 posts
Oh yeah. Over at the Sega FTP they have huuuuge hi-res art of Will and Helen, as well as press biographies for each.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
Thanks guys, i'll work on updating with all this today :3 Keep it coming via the forums and email.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
I'm so glad the forums are back, I knew I'd be missing news without it

Love the new intro pic, TRiP

*response to box-art*= "Wow!"

AYRiES

AYRiES

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts
I just have to say, that box art is utterly gorgeous. Just... *_* LOVE. I want SEGA to release a hi-res, textless version so much XD

Curiosity Inc.

Curiosity Inc.

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts
The box art is very nice. Quite lovely.

I'm disappointed to hear about the platforming thing, but look closely at how it was worded: "According to a Sega representative, players can control Helen and Will in 3D platforming levels later on in the game..." Later on in the game. How much later, I wonder? Does "later" mean "after the first level," or could it mean "the last level"? I wouldn't be surprised at all if H&W went solo at game's end, a la Twin Seeds. Maybe this is part of that.

My primary worry about the platforming is the camera. The success of 3-D platforming depends almost entirely on how the camera controls and behaves.

Oh, and the graphics look about 3 times better than NiD. I know that's a given, but it needs to be said.

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..
NiGHTS has down syndome on that cover.

Gun6

Gun6

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, Pokemon? (Also, spriting)

Box art = shiiiiinyyyy.... X_X

Quick! Something not so shiny and down syndrome-y!

Posted Image

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
  • Interests:Pokemon and sonic team games.
All right. The site is back up. Possibly the best birthday gift I received, although Trauma Center:Second Opinion is pretty tight as well. Boxart=awesome they're making good use of their dev. time.
I suppose it should be a good thing that Helen and William are not so feeble while walking around.

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD

lol your post always amuse me

but anyways it's really good to be back. Everytime I saw that CULTNET screen I got a little sad inside. Glad to see the boxart looks pretty cool. Yeah it's shiny but I kinda like it that way.

It's surpising to hear about the platform part seeing as how it's a NiGHTS game and everything but hopefully it won't annoy us by popping up to much. Hell the trailer says "What if you could fly" or something like that so it'd kinda contradict a lot if running and shooting a "buster cannon beam" are one of the main focuses.

Posted Image

ooooooooooooooh lollipops :lol:

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts
  • Interests:Lots of stuff. Too much stuff.

Posted Image

OMG... that is so cute XD 8D!

And... SWEET 8D! I lovies the box-art :3!

ayamemaiden

ayamemaiden

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts
I approve of that cover.
Very gorgeous!

Kori

Kori

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, reading, writing, making AMVs, games, movies, romance, anime & manga (current fave: Naruto), 80s and 90s cartoons, and of course, anything to do with NiGHTS! X3
MUCH LESS-THAN-THREE-NESS for the boxart. *twirls with glee!*

As for Helen and Billy (gigglesnort) tossing blue chips? Well, I like Curiosity's ideya of it being a part of the last level. And heck, if there's anything easier to fight off alarm eggs besides jumping at them and praying for luck, how can I say no?? XD

Guest_Vampire Killer_*

Guest_Vampire Killer_*
  • Guests
Sorry if this is old news but there's some info concerning the gameplay.

Helen and Will are the two new personalities replacing Eliot and Claris as the humans that transform into the acrobatic NiGHTS, but their role isn't quite the same as Eliot and Claris' was. According to a Sega representative, players can control Helen and Will in 3D platforming levels later on in the game, and once players collect blue balls when flying around as NiGHTS, they can use those as projectiles when playing as Helen and Will.

Also...

In the demo level Sega displayed at E3, NiGHTS flew around while trying to capture three "Nightmarens" -- tiny green creatures riding on the backs of giant birds. After capturing each, NiGHTS earned a key to unlock a "Dream Chamber" (essentially a checkpoint) and then continued on his way through the level.

Source: http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3161254

Personally, I think the idea of NiGHTS collecting blue chips and then later having the kids use them as projectiles is weird. Usually, in the original Saturn game, the blue chips are used to earn points and use them to obtain these crystal colored orbs after collecting a necessary number of the blue chips in order to release them from a cage as far as I could remember.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
If that bloody clock is back i will shoot myself.

I figured out why i'm not keenbeans on the cover art Purg, it's not the eyes, his smile is too far up the side of his face, its like almost trying to ESCAPE FROM HIS HEAD.

That is all.

And his thumb is trying to escape too.

Lollers.

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts

Personally, I think the idea of NiGHTS collecting blue chips and then later having the kids use them as projectiles is weird. Usually, in the original Saturn game, the blue chips are used to earn points and use them to obtain these crystal colored orbs after collecting a necessary number of the blue chips in order to release them from a cage as far as I could remember.

They never tell us what we throw them at. or all we know, there may be ideya somewhere NiGHTS can't get to. I can't imagine where that would be, though.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Yeh, the boxart looks shiny...i just think his eyes look a little 'off', to me. And maybe the leg that is bending looks a little weird. And that thumb. Lol. The backdrop is nice though. XD

The person who draws that 3D art of NiGHTS either makes him look absolutly gorgeous or slightly ill, lol. XD That image of him in the Swedish magazine is AMAZING. I kinda wished they had used that, perhaps.

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
Well, still Rating Pending. What are the odds of this game being rated "A"? Oh, and for y'all in Europe that would be the equivalent of 18+.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Lol. Um, "none"? XD Considering that SEGA have done this game because they're now 'down with the kids, yo' it's most probably going to be a PG at the most. I dunno what 'PG' is over in the US. XD;;

Speaking of which, the profiles that SEGA have released on Will and Helen. 'Soccer'. They're calling it 'Soccer'. ^_^ Bloody outrage.

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts

Lol. Um, "none"? XD Considering that SEGA have done this game because they're now 'down with the kids, yo' it's most probably going to be a PG at the most. I dunno what 'PG' is over in the US. XD;;

Speaking of which, the profiles that SEGA have released on Will and Helen. 'Soccer'. They're calling it 'Soccer'. ^_^ Bloody outrage.

Here, PG and G go under the same roof as "E" for everyone, becuase apparently nobody needs Parental Guidance. XD
Yeah, about that soccer. I suppose this means that the game's being made by Sonic Team USA. They made SA2, so no complaints here, so long as NiGHTS doesn't advertise for Soap shoes. XD

Q-Lok

Q-Lok

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, dreaming, psychology, drawing, games (board and video), game design (board and video), photography, Sega, retrogaming, computer programming, and so on and so on.
Actually, ESRB ratings go: E (everyone), K-A (kids to adults -- not really sure what the difference is here), E10+ (everyone ages 10 and up), T (teen), M (mature).

If that bloody clock is back i will shoot myself.

THANK YOU! That direly needed to be said. Direly, I tell you, direly!

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..
You're right, the mouth is funky too, TRiP! ^_^ And DiGi, his leg is bent SO much, that it actually looks like someone is holding it up like that, pushing it back. Now lets put that boxart horizontal and please the fangirls by scribling Reala on top of that thang, holding up his leg. And add a bed underneath. That's good for the kiddies!

On the hand furthest from us, it looks like his pinky is broken. (Its probably just a mark on the moon, not a finger. XD ) Like Amiboshi did to himself in Fushigi Yuugi, while he played his flute so he wouldn't go under mind countrol. Yyyeah... that's it! NiGHTS didn't want to be in Wizeman's control so he broke his bloody finger to snap him out of it.

I see no flaws in that logic. *is on crack*

Drannorean

Drannorean

• Visitor
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I love the boxart, but the platforming thing is a bit disturbing. ^_^ Maybe it will just add up to an untimed version of what you did with them in the first game.

I'm holding out hope.

Q-Lok

Q-Lok

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, dreaming, psychology, drawing, games (board and video), game design (board and video), photography, Sega, retrogaming, computer programming, and so on and so on.
!! I just realized! We finally have what appears to be an answer to the now-old question of where the Ideya are in JoD! http://uk.media.wii.ign.com/media/873/8739...mg_4732959.html On the right-hand side of the hi-res shot of the Ideya Palace with Will, you can see an object in the clouds that looks exactly like a white Ideya!

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts

!! I just realized! We finally have what appears to be an answer to the now-old question of where the Ideya are in JoD! http://uk.media.wii.ign.com/media/873/8739...mg_4732959.html On the right-hand side of the hi-res shot of the Ideya Palace with Will, you can see an object in the clouds that looks exactly like a white Ideya!

You're right.. a crazy egg-shaped Ideya thing.. And I'm not sure if that's a reflection or another object.. But if its another object, then that may not be an Ideya at all. Didn't someone say the blue chips have those little stars in them now? To be honest, I'm not quite sure what's going on there.. Hmmm..

Also, I just noticed.. What the hell is going on with this?! XD
Posted Image
Its like Clockwork Orange NiGHTS! He has super eyelashes on his right eye and not really anything but a line on his left. ^_^

Q-Lok

Q-Lok

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts
DUDE! That's so insanely creepy! XD *is so fearing Clockwork Orange NiGHTS*

But still, it looks like a slightly-malformed Ideya, maybe with an identical copy of itself either floating around beyond the cloud layer, or else just reflected. In the sky. Yeah...

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
Posted Image
Posted Image
His eyelashes are so freaky.

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
The lashes aren't buigging me on the cover, its just that little one there I posted up, where the eyes are clearly different. XD

Guest_Vampire Killer_*

Guest_Vampire Killer_*
  • Guests

They never tell us what we throw them at. or all we know, there may be ideya somewhere NiGHTS can't get to. I can't imagine where that would be, though.

I'm guessing they may get the kids to throw the blue chips at enemies.

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts

I'm guessing they may get the kids to throw the blue chips at enemies.

yeah, I thought that it -was- said somewhere, that they throw blue chips. I mean, what other orbs do you collect by the gajillions that you can just throw away like that?? XD And they come back to the same spot you took them from.

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
Regardless of what the boxart looks like I'm looking forward to more gameplay vids and things of that sort. But now that it's been mentioned deeply the boxart does look pretty weird. Especially that leg. It's like arobics or something.

Jof

Jof

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,388,607 posts

Thats just a couple of blue chips, as seen in the gameplay videos. For some odd reason, they have Ideya-like stars inside them now =/

infractus

infractus

former Secretary of Balloon Doggies

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • Interests:Anything, everything, because I like things.
In that picture, it looks like ol' Billy there has a fanny pack. That kid must be carrying around a bit of weight with all the clothing and accessories they've attached to him..

Jof

Jof

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,388,607 posts
SEGA Europes NiGHTS mini-page has been updated with the boxart.

Posted Image

Now lacking the Wi-Fi logo, but with the Nintendo and 7 TBC age rating.

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
Am I the only one that's worried that the Wii's controls are so immersive and we're going to be playing as an androgynous jester? Androgony+Immersiveness
XD

Jof

Jof

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,388,607 posts
EDIT : I just discovered that TRiPPY has all these images up under OFFiCiAL ART on the .com, but in slightly blurrier jpegs. So just for now, here's the CG images in nice hi-res crisp png.

Posted Image
^Helens mum wears Granny skirts. lols.

Posted Image
^Apparently at 15:35 in Bellbridge everyone is alseep. Either that or they joined Will's dad in deserting him.

Posted Image
^Random Maren are so cool.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I had a look at the screens, and noticed a couple of small and not so small things.

Posted Image

Apparently Helen partakes in the drawing flowers now and again. Also of note is the poster that reads THE GR.... PALACE. Important ?

Posted Image

The two photographs at the childrens bedsides. I still think they're siblings seperated at birth. Also, that man watching Will play football.. possibly his father ?

Posted Image

Full Moon Cafe. And WTF is up with Will's eyes ? O_O That's just plain creepy.
And look ! More generic blonde children !

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Will looks retarded. o_o Also, in regards to that section about the poster on Helen's wall - "The GR... PALACE". Doesn't the 'G' look a little like a 'C' at all? I think it does. If so, then it could be 'Crystal Palace' ...which could be an area in Bellbridge that influences this 'castle of mirrors' level that was mentioned. Just a thought. Also, Crystal Palace is an actual place in the UK...so...i dunno. Would be nice, me thinks. What do you think?

Anyways, Jof. Where did you get these shots from?

Jof

Jof

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,388,607 posts

Will looks retarded. o_o

Anyways, Jof. Where did you get these shots from?

I grabbed them off the SEGA FTP site. They were .tga files located in the CG folder of the Helen and William area. I had to screen grab them and save them in Photoshop though, as .tga files open in Quicktime for me : P

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Aight, cool. TRiPPY didn't know what .tga's were so she didn't get them. XD
Also, you posted before i had time to edit me previous post. XD
I had a thought regarding Helen's poster that i edited into my previous post. Tell me what you think. :mellow:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users