Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

1up impressions

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

Rick Hunter

Rick Hunter

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts
link

ok so the site was down so I didn't post this earlier, but 1up got to spend a little time watching NiGHTS JoD in action and posted their oppinions in the above link. enjoy

off topic: YAY the site's back up!

Curiosity Inc.

Curiosity Inc.

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts
Thanks for sharing, Rick.

They talk about using the Wii-mote as a laser pointer. I wonder how accurate that statement is and how they came to that conclusion.

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..
Yeah I got told about the Helen and William throwing sh!t thing while the site was down. I don't really like that idea, of them throwing blue chips, but we'll see if they make it work. I'm still very excited about this game! I only hope that they don't waste the few levels they have on the kids alone, and they simply add more levels instead.

Nice to see more pics!

Curiosity Inc.

Curiosity Inc.

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Yeah I got told about the Helen and William throwing sh!t thing while the site was down. I don't really like that idea, of them throwing blue chips, but we'll see if they make it work. I'm still very excited about this game! I only hope that they don't waste the few levels they have on the kids alone, and they simply add more levels instead.

Nice to see more pics!

Well, I'm glad to see Will and Helen get a chance to defend themselves. I mean, think back to NiD:

"See that Egg Timer? It chases you everywhere and if you fall into that beam, the game's over."
"Can I stop the timer at all?"
"Well, you can jump on it."
"And what if I miss and fall into the beam?"
" :blink: "

Really unfair, in my opinion.

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..
Of course, I'm glad they can defend themselves but this
Posted Image
is down right retarded. XD I wish they'd use something other than blue chips.. PICK UP A ROCK FOR GOD'S SAKE! :blink: Not exactly sure what, of course, so I guess beggars can't be choosers..

Curiosity Inc.

Curiosity Inc.

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts
I admit that's going a bit far, Purgatory. Still, I can't imagine that Sonic Team would let it go that far.

Maybe they're using chips to act as a penalty. If you use up 10 chips to beat a Maren, that's 10 more you have to collect, see?

AirMax

AirMax

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • Interests:school-survival.net, NiD, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, anime, awesome, scoreattack.net
I think the whole Maren chase is a rubbish idea. I wonder when you throw the chips, you lose the points you get when you collect them? Or lose some form of bonus points.

gsk

gsk

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts
  • Interests:Video games, indie music, films
If they have a (small) extension of collecting chips before starting mare 1, then thats ok, but if its whole levels of platformering, then whats the point?

AYRiES

AYRiES

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts
Does that mean you have limited blue chips as W & H? Do you have to re-collect them as NiGHTS? I actually half like the idea of this, but then, I just love platformers. XD Hmm... Also, puffy clone also seems to play like Puffy. Which is a bit of a cop out, but hopefully it won't be on any other bosses.

If the maren chase ends up like those collect-the-correctly-coloured-eggs things in Sonic and the Secret Rings then I will scream- they were fiddly and boring and kinda too hard even...

animejosse

animejosse

Dreamworld Police

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts
Another one who's iffy about the blue chips. Not that I mind platform, I just want to spend most of the game as NiGHTS.

Purg, that doodle made me laugh.

Drannorean

Drannorean

• Visitor
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Hmm...sounds very interesting. I can't really give an opinion either way, since Sega seems intent on keeping everything that they talk about completely secret. Platforming levels...projectiles.

Hmm... :mellow:

It might just be an untimed version of the clunky exploration that we saw in the first game, you know. The report is exceptionally vague, so we'll see.

Holding out hope for this game, because it looks sweet, and it's NiGHTS! Rats! I am going to be so broke this winter, being a Wii owner.

Jof

Jof

Beard status: Distinctly Hobo.

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,388,607 posts
  • Interests:Making NiGHTS shine. In an oily way.
I'm tempted to believe that these "3-D Platforming levels" are just a misunderstanding, and refer to walking about as the children before merging with NiGHTS. You could run around the entirety of the levels in the orginal, perhaps they're simply adding more to it than before, such as secret areas only accesable with the children ? And the whole Blue Chip projectile thing could simply be a form of attack for the children when not merged with NiGHTS. Elliot and Claris were defensless in the original. This could just be a little added extra.

I don't think it's as much of a big deal as some people make out.

Guest_Vampire Killer_*

Guest_Vampire Killer_*
  • Guests
I agree with Purgatory, I'd rather see the kids throw something else as a projectile besides using their blue chips. I hope they get rid of this idea of throwing blue chips at enemies. I think it made me less interested in JoD.

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
No matter how hard I try to ignore the thought I can help but think this will be as bad as Shadow the Hedgehog. I hope I'm dead wrong. I need to see more though but I still can't help it. It's like too much is going on. I thought we'd just get to fly and do the usual thing and then attack the boss. Like the old saying "If it aint broke don't fix it."

Innotech

Innotech

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • Interests:videogames, cars, girls, anime, drawing, origami, weather, classic rock music, trance, japanese and asian cultures, catgirls &gt;^^&lt;<br />

No matter how hard I try to ignore the thought I can help but think this will be as bad as Shadow the Hedgehog. I hope I'm dead wrong. I need to see more though but I still can't help it. It's like too much is going on. I thought we'd just get to fly and do the usual thing and then attack the boss. Like the old saying "If it aint broke don't fix it."

You also need to keep in mind that todays gaming audience is a lot more demanding. they wont want to play the same pure score attack game we enjoyed 11 years ago. they want osmething bigger, longer, "better". Im just hoping Sega gets this right and manages to add to it and take nothing away that made the original memorable (I like the new characters more actually)

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD

You also need to keep in mind that todays gaming audience is a lot more demanding. they wont want to play the same pure score attack game we enjoyed 11 years ago. they want osmething bigger, longer, "better". Im just hoping Sega gets this right and manages to add to it and take nothing away that made the original memorable (I like the new characters more actually)

I'll try to be optimistic about this. I don't want 100% the same thing along with a lot of other people but after the talk of platforming and shooting blue orbs I just couldn't help but think the game already seems lame.

Tango

Tango

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts
I'm hoping that Jof is right. That idea actually sounds the most believable to me.

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
  • Interests:Pokemon and sonic team games.
I don't think this article is very accurate. Laser pointer? I thought we were supposed to use a wide array of acrobatic moves. About these platforming stages. I'm all for them. It seems like a fresh idea to me. Kind of Pikmin-esque, like gathering Pikmin then having them fight monsters, then losing them and going into foraging mode again.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
It's just the thought of using a 'blue chip' as a projectile. It sounds a little silly. It would be like Sonic getting bored of spin-attacking his enemies so he just throws his rings at them instead. It ain't jammy, is it? Still, maybe Jof is right and it's just the standard sections from the original game.
Better than packing a shooter, eh Shadow.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
I want Helen to fire pies.

KatKitoshi

KatKitoshi

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Interests:video games, manga, anime, foreign music (Bollywood songs are the SHIZ!! X3)

I want Helen to fire pies.

haha pies XD

But I am kinda worried about the blue chips thing... I mean won't they need that for something else? In the first they were needed to get the Ideya's.

Well, I do like the idea that the kids can defend themselves now if that's what they're used for.. but still... blue chips are important XD!

And god forbid this ends up like Shadow the Hedgehog o_o.... heads will roll!! ROLL I SAY!!

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
I honestly have no idea why you guys hate Shadow the Hedgehog. I really liked that game.

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts

I honestly have no idea why you guys hate Shadow the Hedgehog. I really liked that game.

Because its all gunny and makes no sense. "Gunny" is... totally a word. ^_^
Shadow's an alien or a robot or a clone or... Well all the endings are practically the same. Especially the ones where he's standing over Eggman. Well that's just me.

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts

Because its all gunny and makes no sense. "Gunny" is... totally a word. :P
Shadow's an alien or a robot or a clone or... Well all the endings are practically the same. Especially the ones where he's standing over Eggman. Well that's just me.

What's wrong with guns? I especially like the later levels where you have more ammo then you will ever need. >:D
Well, there are variation, you know. I would say there's more like 3 1/2 endings, plus a final ending.

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts

What's wrong with guns? I especially like the later levels where you have more ammo then you will ever need. >:P
Well, there are variation, you know. I would say there's more like 3 1/2 endings, plus a final ending.

Oh trust me it wasn't the worst game in the world(and I've played the worst game in the world)it's just that it's so hard to control, theres that sudden surprise the first time you hear swear words in a Sonic type game and the idea of guns kinda turned me off a little. Still I decided to give it a try. It's not like the reviews say it's absolutely terrible but I think it was made because Sonic Team just seems to be running dry of ideas. I put it down a lot and played other games.

I'm hoping this NiGHTS game won't be something I put down and then play another game.

But alas I will need to check out more info along with the rest of the masses waiting until the day the game arrives to stores.

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts

What's wrong with guns? I especially like the later levels where you have more ammo then you will ever need. >:P

Sonic characters carrying guns will never make sense to me. (Mainly people like Sonic or Shadow. Eggman or maybe cops I can understand.) I don't think its the worst game there ever was- I'm a big Sonic freak and I never returned, traded in, or sold a game, even if I find I had doubles of it. But Sonic Heroes forced me to break that with the sheer ear-bleedy goodness of the voices and other such things.

I don't think NiGHTS will be like that at all! I'm not worried anymore, really..

Innotech

Innotech

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • Interests:videogames, cars, girls, anime, drawing, origami, weather, classic rock music, trance, japanese and asian cultures, catgirls &gt;^^&lt;<br />
I definitely think the wii was the right console for this game. not just for the control possibilities, but the fact that it can be a much simpler game on wii and still sell. if it was on an HD console it would have to be more "next-gen" which is to say colder looking, more aggressive or attitude (making guns a possibility), and overall not nearly as lighthearted as it is now. I honestly feel it would end up like that. otherwise, it wouldnt sell to those consoles audience of hardcore gamers who dont appreciate this sort of game. I was called a 12 year old girl just because I looked forward to NiGHTS JOD. If thats the attitude those guys have, they dont deserve this game on their system anyway. sega made the right choice of platform.

Gun6

Gun6

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, Pokemon? (Also, spriting)

What's wrong with guns? I especially like the later levels where you have more ammo then you will ever need. >:D

Yeah, what's wrong with guns? >: o (Even though they are violent : p)

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
I like grapes. :D

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts

I like grapes. :lol:

*lol*
Okay I guess that's the "Back on topic" sign!

KatKitoshi

KatKitoshi

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Interests:video games, manga, anime, foreign music (Bollywood songs are the SHIZ!! X3)

I definitely think the wii was the right console for this game. not just for the control possibilities, but the fact that it can be a much simpler game on wii and still sell. if it was on an HD console it would have to be more "next-gen" which is to say colder looking, more aggressive or attitude (making guns a possibility), and overall not nearly as lighthearted as it is now. I honestly feel it would end up like that. otherwise, it wouldnt sell to those consoles audience of hardcore gamers who dont appreciate this sort of game. I was called a 12 year old girl just because I looked forward to NiGHTS JOD. If thats the attitude those guys have, they dont deserve this game on their system anyway. sega made the right choice of platform.

*meekly raises hand* I have a ps2 and I don't think that way ^^; In fact if anything NiGHTS should come out for that console as opposed to the ps3. Especially now that the ps2 is dishing out some very simplistic yet stylish games *hugs Odin Sphere X3 mmmm*

of course I dunno if it can since the Wii is still a new console and while being "weaker" than the energy sucking 360 and ps3 XD, it might be tougher than a ps2.. I dunno these things XD LoL. BUT if it's within it's capable range, I'd totally be for it X3.... especially since I've no money for a Wii right now T___T *weeps* I'll just have to be a good girl and hope I get one XD LoL

Innotech

Innotech

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts

*meekly raises hand* I have a ps2 and I don't think that way ^^; In fact if anything NiGHTS should come out for that console as opposed to the ps3. Especially now that the ps2 is dishing out some very simplistic yet stylish games *hugs Odin Sphere X3 mmmm*

of course I dunno if it can since the Wii is still a new console and while being "weaker" than the energy sucking 360 and ps3 XD, it might be tougher than a ps2.. I dunno these things XD LoL. BUT if it's within it's capable range, I'd totally be for it X3.... especially since I've no money for a Wii right now T___T *weeps* I'll just have to be a good girl and hope I get one XD LoL

the Ps2 wouldnt do NiGHTS justice. Remember the controller is an important part of it and the dualshock is such a terrible design I think it would only mess up enjoyment of the game. I had A Ps2 too but it dis errored to death. not the console Id want a NiGHTS game on.

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts

the Ps2 wouldnt do NiGHTS justice. Remember the controller is an important part of it and the dualshock is such a terrible design I think it would only mess up enjoyment of the game. I had A Ps2 too but it dis errored to death. not the console Id want a NiGHTS game on.

Indeed, another thing, this is the seventh genertion, and the PS2 wasn't the most powerful system of its time to begin with. Wiimote, nuff said.

Innotech

Innotech

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Indeed, another thing, this is the seventh genertion, and the PS2 wasn't the most powerful system of its time to begin with. Wiimote, nuff said.

and besides, Nintendo is closest to Sega's philosophy about gaming, so its fitting that if they dont have their own console, it should be on a Nintendo platform. It just seems to belong.

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts

BUT if it's within it's capable range, I'd totally be for it X3.... especially since I've no money for a Wii right now T___T *weeps* I'll just have to be a good girl and hope I get one XD LoL

Don't feel so bad. I don't have enough money for a Wii either. I wanted one for my bday but my parents say they didn't have enough money :lol: I'll give it more time. I'm glad my cousin is willing to let me hold his.

and besides, Nintendo is closest to Sega's philosophy about gaming, so its fitting that if they dont have their own console, it should be on a Nintendo platform. It just seems to belong.

It's weird how Sega and Nintendo used to fight at the beginning of video gamings popularity and now they are truly like family lol

KatKitoshi

KatKitoshi

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Don't feel so bad. I don't have enough money for a Wii either. I wanted one for my bday but my parents say they didn't have enough money :lol: I'll give it more time. I'm glad my cousin is willing to let me hold his.
It's weird how Sega and Nintendo used to fight at the beginning of video gamings popularity and now they are truly like family lol

LoL it is hilarious XD especially when you look back at the old magazines and see Sonic and Mario fighting to the death XD. Now they're best friends forever!! XD

And thanks for sympathizing with my lack of... Wii.. (heh heh) I'll just have to save up my pennies and hope for the best X3

Guest_submas13_*

Guest_submas13_*
  • Guests
The more I see NiGHTS in the press, the more spazzy I feel about when its coming out. The review did point out my pet peeve of this whole JoD deal though. Why all the secrecy, Sega? C'mon, spill some beans our direction!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users