Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

DreamCast Task For Today

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
How do you all feel about the new kids? Do you like them? Do you hate them? Do you feel happy about their design or do you wish we had Elliot and Claris back?
In general, how do you feel about the new kids? We wanna HEAR what you have to say so if you've got a decent microphone, record it and send it to our subs email. Things that you need to be aware of before recording and sending -

- Keep the voice clips short. We wanna get a few people on here so don't take out a voice clip by talking ten minute bursts on why you hate William. lol

- State the name that everybody knows you by before you start ranting.

- I prefer MP3 formated files but if you can't then WAV files are ok, just don't make them too long.

- You wanna curse and swear on the show? Go right ahead. Don't hold nothing back. I certainly won't.

- All voice clips must be in by the end of the week.

Viva La Elliot!
DreamCast 03. Bringing sh!t To Your Front Door.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
:P This should be a good laugh. Make sure to send us your clips guys.

I want it to be like... like... accentOramma.

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts
  • Interests:Lots of stuff. Too much stuff.

^_^ This should be a good laugh. Make sure to send us your clips guys.

I want it to be like... like... accentOramma.

XDDD

I might send in a clip at some point. I'm shy x3. And, I have an American accent (Northern, not Southern x3). So, I probably sound SUPER FAST to everyone hearing me XD.

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..
I have a week to get my laptop back into commission! You'll laugh at my voice more than any accent, so I'd better make it entertaining. XD

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
Thanks guys!

Louis

Louis

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts
I'd do one, but all I can do is an ACC. Which is awesome stuff for podcasts, what with it letting you insert images at whatever point you want in the thing. Kind of like an enhanced podcast.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
First file sent to us 5 mins ago by the lurvely Shae who gave a great talk. Let this motion you all to grab a mic and blabber. Lois, do what you can, i know you'll have many strong points to share.

Good luck and THANKYOU Shae XD

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
Oh, also, make sure files are under 10mb plz or my pc will eat its own face.

Sairus

Sairus

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
Ha! Friggin' typical! You add this feature to the podcast the week I'm in Spain! XD

Don't think you'll escape though... Sai's voice shall be heard!
Maybe not understood on account of me being Irish, but we'll see... XD

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts
  • Interests:Lots of stuff. Too much stuff.

Thanks guys!

You're welcome ^-^! Like I said, I'll see what I can do :3.

Also, should we send the .wav straight from the e-mail, or from a linked site? Like, should I upload the file into the e-mail, or should I e-mail you a link to some storage site with the .wav file :3?

Lavos

Lavos

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
I sent mine out. But because I'm tired, I titled the email as a submission for the website instead of as one for the podcast. Watch out for that. =/

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
SAIRUS, IRISH PEOPLE DONT BELONG IN A PLACE WITH SUNSHINE. We both know that D:
NNR07, whatever works dearie, as long as it doesnt break your pc, your mailbox or ours, lol. As long as you all mail us it instead of showing to everyone here, we want it to be somewhat of a suprise for listeners.

Huge thanks to Lavos, just got your mail, i'm -a-be unzipping in a sec.

Lets see more! :P this is fun

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts

i'm -a-be unzipping in a sec.

Lets see more! :P this is fun

...y'know, this small qoute alone could have a lot of people seriously confused. XD

Anyways, yeah. Get your voice clips done already. I thought you all wanted to be interviewed? Consider this a one question interview then. Come on, chop chop.
Cheers to everyone else who has sent one in.

TehLazyOne

TehLazyOne

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Interests:um... not quite sure... collecting nostalgia, NiGHTS, making sculptures... Cartoons.... um... Voice acting... painting models...
    and i'll work up on the rest later....
hmm... im no good at ranting unless i think about it REAL hard... and unless i end up repeating myself about a hundred times...
but, i'll do my best to get it in... without repeating so much...

quick question... about how short would you say our rants should be? (curious...)

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Anything under 3 minutes.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
Thanks to the 2 people who sent us clips lastnight, they were tonytigerGREAT. It would appear that only sexy americans are stepping up to the challenge, LETS SEE SOME EASTSIDE UP IN THE PLACE REPRESENTING.... or something. *DiGi-EDiT - ...you ain't 'street' enough to use those terms yet.*

If i dont hear at least one person with a sillier accent that mine i will be most dissapointed.

Do iiiiit.

Edited by DiGi Valentine, 06 July 2007 - 12:03 PM.
because i'm a Gangsta

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Right. For the four of you that have currently sent in voice clips, good work.
For everybody else, make sure your voice clips are nice and clear because there is only so much i can do with hissy background noise. Also, not to go over the top but it's best make it louder rather than quiter. When it's louder i can drop the volume down a bit but when it's too quiet there's a limit to how loud i can make it. Understand?

Keep 'em coming. :(

Sairus

Sairus

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts

SAIRUS, IRISH PEOPLE DONT BELONG IN A PLACE WITH SUNSHINE. We both know that D:

There's a reason I'm in an internet cafe...
It's scary and hot outside...

Icachan

Icachan

Undercover.

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts
  • Interests:Pretty much everything and then some.
*puppyeyes* Can me and Josse smash our individual three minutes into six minutes in a joint discussion? Because...er.. we already did. <__<

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
XD eeeeeee! Of course you can! Group discussion encouraged! Ahaha this is awesome. We were up lastnight recording bits, i don't think i've laughed so much all year, seriously.
Now i must flee to attend to the ill DiGiwoo ;_;

edit-
YAAAAAAAAAAAY that was excellence, your accents are awesome in the face. Plus now i know how to properly say your names XD; *hugs* thankyouuuu!

omg swedish.

MORE PLZ.

Artemis

Artemis

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • Interests:Brazillian dancing, NiD (duh), drawing, swimming, music, debate, taiko drumming, and making people laugh.
I'll send one in, my mic sucks, and I WILL stutter a lot but still. AND WHEN'S THE EXACT DEADLINE?!?!

EDIT: Oh....nevermind......my mic is just flat out busted.....Well, good luck with the next show!

KatKitoshi

KatKitoshi

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Interests:video games, manga, anime, foreign music (Bollywood songs are the SHIZ!! X3)
Oh noes! Is the deadline saturday??? I better hurry and buy a mic then o___o but wait... damnit I might not be here this weekend! XD NYUU!!!! well, I'll try anyways O_O

Must... have... voice.. HEARD! XD

animejosse

animejosse

Dreamworld Police

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts

YAAAAAAAAAAAY that was excellence, your accents are awesome in the face.

XD At least someone thinks so... listening to my own voice is so embarrassing!

catchan2007

catchan2007

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • Interests:Drawing<br />Writing<br />Anime/manga (Fav titles include D. Gray-man, Buso Renkin, Gurren Lagann and a few more but if I typed it all out, there'd be no space left!!)
I really want to submit my voice but...if i asked my brother, he'll bite my head off and won't help. My brother is evil :P

KatKitoshi

KatKitoshi

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Interests:video games, manga, anime, foreign music (Bollywood songs are the SHIZ!! X3)
Just came back from the store! XD Alrighty I got my mic and now on to record! *whoosh*

As for an accent... I dunno LoL I'm from NY but don't expect me sounding like: "How YOU doin'" or anything like that XD LoL

Edit: now if only my mom would leave the room so I can record without feeling embarrassed ^^;

KatKitoshi

KatKitoshi

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts
Ok, done and done! ...... I sound so dull ^^ LoL. I was kinda nervous but I wanted to do it anyways.. even tho.. I started speed talking I noticed after I heard it o_O which is what happens when I get nervous ^^ ... plus it was kinda hard to talk while my mom was still in the other room ^^; most nosy she is.... >.>

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Actually, Kat. You sound perfect, lol. I can hear a NY accent in your voice and that is cool because it makes the range of accents on this show more varied.
Also, TehLazyOne has some really good rants there. Dude, they're almost gunshots. XD
Thanks for going out of your way to get a mic in the first place, Kat. And a thanks to everyone else who are taking time to get this sent in to us.
We will be using all the voice clips we get, provided that they have something relevant to say. So far, most people seem to be against the new kids so if you feel different then make a clip showing your support of Kevin and Helen. .... ..or William. Whatever floats your boat.

Deadline is TOMORROW NiGHT. i.e. Sunday for you Americans.

KatKitoshi

KatKitoshi

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Actually, Kat. You sound perfect, lol. I can hear a NY accent in your voice and that is cool because it makes the range of accents on this show more varied.
Also, TehLazyOne has some really good rants there. Dude, they're almost gunshots. XD
Thanks for going out of your way to get a mic in the first place, Kat. And a thanks to everyone else who are taking time to get this sent in to us.
We will be using all the voice clips we get, provided that they have something relevant to say. So far, most people seem to be against the new kids so if you feel different then make a clip showing your support of Kevin and Helen. .... ..or William. Whatever floats your boat.

LoL I'm glad you like it ^^ LoL as for the mic it was like XD waiting for me or something LoL, I went to Staples and they were having a clearance sale and that was the ONLY one sitting there on sale XD and I grabbed that sucker X3 *victory dance* twas meant to be X3

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
DREAMCAST DESTINY.

Artemis

Artemis

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • Interests:Brazillian dancing, NiD (duh), drawing, swimming, music, debate, taiko drumming, and making people laugh.
YAY!! I fixed the mic!!! Well, the clip is on da way...... But I hate my own voice when it's recorded...XP BLECH!

KatKitoshi

KatKitoshi

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

DREAMCAST DESTINY.

Tis magical!!! XD

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
  • Interests:Pokemon and sonic team games.

DREAMCAST DESTINY.

LOL the new game must be blessed. It must be to form so well in a time of declining Sonic games.

TehLazyOne

TehLazyOne

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Interests:um... not quite sure... collecting nostalgia, NiGHTS, making sculptures... Cartoons.... um... Voice acting... painting models...
    and i'll work up on the rest later....

woah... uh... thats actually kinda surprising for me... im serious... i actually thought i sounded like a damn fool talking out of his rear... especially since i kept on goofing off, and i kept saying "really" through more than half of the rant.
thank you for comment on it. :) (gunshots lol XD)

oh and i forgot to mention another reason why we should have Claris and Elliot back... because its best that we bring them back so they are not forgotten, and so new people can remember them. (same goes for the other nightmaren as well )... i just ran out of time... sorry. ^ ^;

SiLVERWiNDGHOST

SiLVERWiNDGHOST

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Location:WAY back in the country. And no you don't get phone service.
  • Interests:Drawing, writing, playing my flute and guitar, tap dancing, being outdoors.
ARGH! WHY did I have to leave my mic at my dad's house, WHY!!? :) I had a good rant, too. * pouts* Oh well, perhaps next time. Can't wait to hear what everyone else comes up with. :lol:

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
  • Interests:Pokemon and sonic team games.
lol, three very late posts. It really is Dreamcast Destiny.

Kori

Kori

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, reading, writing, making AMVs, games, movies, romance, anime &amp; manga (current fave: Naruto), 80s and 90s cartoons, and of course, anything to do with NiGHTS! X3
Ah, there's something magical about Dreamcast Destiny! Way to go Kat! :3 And that's for everyone else too - I can't wait to hear other fans rant about NiGHTS! This is gonna be so many flavors of COOLBEANS. 8D

Oh, and if you really really want a whackidoo accent from me, I can attempt my Canadian.. funny how so few of us Canucks actually sound like it most of the time!

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
lol. This voice editing is proving to be a bit of a handful. I'm currently piecing the clips i do have together and trying my best to sort out the level of volume in some of them. There's only so much i can do to 'em so if the final audio doesn't sound too up-to-par then put it down to the restrictions on the program i'm using.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
Keep going woo!

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
  • Interests:Nerdy stuff.
Hey DiGi, what program are you using?

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Audacity....whiiiich is actually pretty decent, being honest. I guess it's not the fault of the program but rather the computer i'm currently using. So....allow me to rephrase the statement made from my last post. "Don't blame me or the program...blame the computer and the fact that it tends to act like a horses arse sometimes." XD

Anyways, as of now the deadline has been reached so i'm accepting no more voice clips. Those of you who managed to send one in to us then cheers and congrats, you're on the next show. Those of you who didn't....well, we'll be doing something like this again in the near future so don't worry. :lol:
*bounces back to work*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users