Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Transformers 3

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Penelopi

Penelopi

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts
  • Interests:Catholicism/Catholic Church, NiGHTS (of course), Klonoa, Star Trek (except the last series, Enterprise), My Favorite Martian (60s show, not the 1999 movie), Pokemon (anime through Johto and all games), Zelda, Mega Man, reading, writing, drawing, hanging out with my friends, other fun videogames, a good joke
I absolutely loved Dark of the Moon! Michael Bay did just about everything he promised: more screen time for the robots, more lines for the robots, and he even scrapped Skidz and Mudflap. The plot was more cohesive, too (though I tend to overlook plot-holes the first time around).

Shockwave was amazing! They changed him a little by giving him a giant worm-like thing to order around, but I like the effect. My first impression was "What the heck is that?!" And then it unfolded and showed a very recognizable shape. "Omygosh, it's Shockwave! YEAH!"

Aside from Shockwave, my favorite parts were:
1. Ironhide and Sideswipe's "Mexican standoff" with two Cons. The back-and-forth that went on, plus Ironhide's "Class dismissed" at the end...That's what I wanted during all those other battles in the first two movies!
2. Bumblebee's transformation around flying debris, while Sam was riding. He transforms, Sam's still flying, he evades the debris and grabs Sam at the same time, and then he transforms back into car mode once they're clear, leaving Sam safe but screaming like a girl in his driver's seat. AWESOMESAUCE! :P I realized then that that is something I had been unconsciously waiting for in the other Bay TF movies. A part of my life has been fulfilled.

The humor was better, though still contained some of the raunchiness I dislike. What really offended me, though, was the presence of many jokes in the beginning that jabbed at Asian stereotypes. My boyfriend, who came with my brother and father and me to watch TF3, is Asian. He visibly winced like he was in pain. Now, my bf, I will admit, is easily hurt when it comes to Asian jokes. But I thought the movie's humor was a little too much, too. I can't remember exactly what made me flinch, but it was before Wang. I felt bad for my boyfriend, guilty that I brought him to a movie that said those things about his culture/family, and felt ticked off at Bay. I don't know if TF3 is any more racist than the previous movies. Maybe I'm just noticing the racist jabs in these films because I'm dating an Asian.

Overall, though, it was very entertaining, very fun, very intense. To me, it's definitely the best of the 3 Michael Bay TF movies. What do you guys think about it?

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
I'm not really sure why they throw in those types of jokes in the recent Transformers films. It's not like you need to connect with an audience who just wants to see big ass robots fight each other. We don't care about fourth walls. We just want to see heavy metal.

Bonzi77

Bonzi77

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts
Ooh, they made big robots = asian jokes? No gusta. :(

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3398 posts
Ok, i mean ...i didn't even know it was releasing until a day or two before the release so i wasn't keeping up to date with this as much as i did the first two films.

It goes without saying that i loved the first one and i went to the second one expecting more of the same ...but i just came away dissapointed, really.

I want to go and see the third but in all honesty i'm worried that it just won't be what i want it to be.
There, that being said ...if i loved the first and thought the second was bad ...then perhaps there might be a middle ground for this third film then?

I'm staying away from spoilers as i probably will go and see it.

Dex la Cabra

Dex la Cabra

OVERLORD

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  • Interests:Becoming the Breakdance King.
I saw ye olde Transformers 3 last saturday (i think) and i thought it was actually really good! RotF was admittedly a bit of a disappointment but i've never been one for holding grudges so this film was a must ;D i came back with mixed feelings about the characters though;

Spoiler

sorry that's so long lol, but i have so few people to discuss with XD

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1382 posts
  • Interests:Nerdy stuff.
Truth be told, I just can't bring myself to see this movie. I hear it's better than the last but that doesn't say much when the bar was set at rock bottom. I want to see how it ends but I won't pay for it. Michael Bay is a terrible director and I'm not about to give more of my money. I'm convinced it was a complete fluke that the first Transformers movie wound up as fun as it did. It may have been dumb as hell but it was still a fun popcorn flick. Revenge of the Fallen though...ugh...

I was much kinder to it when it just came out but I think that's because I didn't want to believe I was so looking forward to something that wound up being utter garbage. In retrospect I really have to say I think RotF is simply one of the absolute worst movies I've ever seen and the general consensus is everything bad about that movie is what's bad about Dark of the Moon, just to a lesser degree. Add in DotM is the longest one of the three and I'll pass. Sitting through another 2.5 hours of T & A, bad humor and choreographed explosions sounds more like a grind than a good time to me.

Nemoide

Nemoide

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1092 posts
  • Interests:Things
I'm skipping this as well. I didn't like the first movie and don't want this movie franchise to have any more of my money. I know they're supposed to be "dumb popcorn flicks" but that's not the kind of movie I find enjoyment in. I got my bachelor's degree in Cinema, mostly being Film Theory, so I might just know too much about the technical aspect of movies for my own good. But I honestly had trouble even just trying to enjoy the supposed spectacle in the first film.

If some intellectual film critic writes an article about the brilliance of the Transformers sequels, I'll give them a chance. Until then, I'll stick to anime when I want to watch giant robots fighting and playing with toys when I want robots turning into vehicles. :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users