Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

MEGAMAN BATTLE NETWORK & STARFORCE Series

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

GIGA-XISBASS VISITOR

GIGA-XISBASS VISITOR

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts
  • Interests:ANIME, VIDEO GAMES, MANGA. READING. NIGHTS.
I Find the RPG Action of them all Very Interesting. The Plots Are Epic and the Bosses Are Crazy. Megaman Goes All Out in Both Series Will and the Things you Must Do in Each and Every Game.

TORiAS_the_fallen

TORiAS_the_fallen

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1091 posts
  • Interests:Writing, art, gaming, music, all the things people in their 20s usually like to do.
I like BN better than SF. I'm not a huge fan of the view from the back format in those games, but they are mildly challenging. Of course, you are talking to Ms. Mega Man Collector, here. XP

GIGA-XISBASS VISITOR

GIGA-XISBASS VISITOR

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts

I like BN better than SF. I'm not a huge fan of the view from the back format in those games, but they are mildly challenging. Of course, you are talking to Ms. Mega Man Collector, here. XP

Cool. You Know GIGA-XISBASS is a Megaman Starforce OC. The REAL Bass Of the Game.

TORiAS_the_fallen

TORiAS_the_fallen

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1091 posts
  • Interests:Writing, art, gaming, music, all the things people in their 20s usually like to do.
I gathered. My SF OC's name is Blare Galaxy - I can't remember his wave change form's name right now, but I'll think of it.... I'm sure.

GIGA-XISBASS VISITOR

GIGA-XISBASS VISITOR

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts

I gathered. My SF OC's name is Blare Galaxy - I can't remember his wave change form's name right now, but I'll think of it.... I'm sure.

Cool Blare Galaxy. What's the EM Partner's Name? Perhaps That Might Help. Like FM KING GIGA-XIS is the Wizard for BASS CYBEAST and Where GIGA-XISBASS Comes From.

TORiAS_the_fallen

TORiAS_the_fallen

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1091 posts
His Wizard's name was... Gate, something Gate.

GIGA-XISBASS VISITOR

GIGA-XISBASS VISITOR

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts

His Wizard's name was... Gate, something Gate.

GATEGALAXY or GALAXYGATE Maybe?

TORiAS_the_fallen

TORiAS_the_fallen

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1091 posts
Galaxy Gate, I believe.

Blare himself is blind. It leads to some interesting plot points.

GIGA-XISBASS VISITOR

GIGA-XISBASS VISITOR

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Galaxy Gate, I believe.

Blare himself is blind. It leads to some interesting plot points.

Nice Name. The Matt Murdock Of Megaman Starforce Nice.

Penelopi

Penelopi

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts
  • Interests:Catholicism/Catholic Church, NiGHTS (of course), Klonoa, Star Trek (except the last series, Enterprise), My Favorite Martian (60s show, not the 1999 movie), Pokemon (anime through Johto and all games), Zelda, Mega Man, reading, writing, drawing, hanging out with my friends, other fun videogames, a good joke
I loved MMBN. That was my introduction to Mega Man overall, actually. I watched the show (while it still aired in the US) and have played through 3 or 4 of the games. 4 if you count MMBN5, in which I got to the last boss and then tried and failed five or so times before putting it down (I have yet to get back to it ^^; ). 5 made me want to headdesk. 6 was too easy. Loved 1 and 4, and I like what I've seen of 3 so far. The only beef I have with the series overall is the confusing navigation. Each game has a different layout, and when you haven't played one or the other for a while, you forget where everything is, forcing you to spend an hour reacquainting yourself with the map or go online (if available--not so much on road trips -__-) to find maps. Sometimes I find myself confusing layouts between games, too. Still, Battle Network makes up some of my favorite gaming memories. :)

I like Battle Network more than Star Force because of the pov of the battles and how difficult the one row of movement makes it to dodge. I can't tell as clearly how quickly the attacks are coming because of the pov, and that plus the limited movement in the face of attacks with a wide hit range make it frustrating for me at times. The plot was alright, though I feel like I've seen it all before. I do admit, though, it was fun enough to play through the entire first game. I only played the that one game, however, so I probably have a limited exposure to the series overall. My younger brother who's a Star Force enthusiast says that the third game is better than all the others, so I wonder a bit if I'm missing something (though not enough to bank my money on it).

GIGA-XISBASS VISITOR

GIGA-XISBASS VISITOR

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts

I loved MMBN. That was my introduction to Mega Man overall, actually. I watched the show (while it still aired in the US) and have played through 3 or 4 of the games. 4 if you count MMBN5, in which I got to the last boss and then tried and failed five or so times before putting it down (I have yet to get back to it ^^:). 5 made me want to headdesk. 6 was too easy. Loved 1 and 4, and I like what I've seen of 3 so far. The only beef I have with the series overall is the confusing navigation. Each game has a different layout, and when you haven't played one or the other for a while, you forget where everything is, forcing you to spend an hour reacquainting yourself with the map or go online (if available--not so much on road trips -__-) to find maps. Sometimes I find myself confusing layouts between games, too. Still, Battle Network makes up some of my favorite gaming memories. :)

I like Battle Network more than Star Force because of the pov of the battles and how difficult the one row of movement makes it to dodge. I can't tell as clearly how quickly the attacks are coming because of the pov, and that plus the limited movement in the face of attacks with a wide hit range make it frustrating for me at times. The plot was alright, though I feel like I've seen it all before. I do admit, though, it was fun enough to play through the entire first game. I only played the that one game, however, so I probably have a limited exposure to the series overall. My younger brother who's a Star Force enthusiast says that the third game is better than all the others, so I wonder a bit if I'm missing something (though not enough to bank my money on it).

Yeah MMBN Series ROCKED. I've Played ALL 6 Games and Battle Chip Challenge. Beat Them All Too. Nebula Gray is Easy if you Have Airshoes and Destroy your Panels. FireWorm is Useless Against you Then. Using Chaos Soul Helps Greatly. Heck That's How I Win....Plus Using the Anti's Series on him. Antifire, Water & Thunder I Use.

Starforce was a Great Series. Yeah MMSF3 Was Awesome. Played All 3 Games.

Dark Magician

Dark Magician

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • Interests:Creative writing, drawing, video games, manga/anime, and astronomy. Writing more would probably take too much time.
I really liked the Battle Network series because of the gameplay and the storylines. However, there were a fer viruses that I thought the series could have went without (those God-forsaken spider viruses from Red Sun). However, I haven't played the Star Force series yet...

GIGA-XISBASS VISITOR

GIGA-XISBASS VISITOR

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts

I really liked the Battle Network series because of the gameplay and the storylines. However, there were a fer viruses that I thought the series could have went without (those God-forsaken spider viruses from Red Sun). However, I haven't played the Star Force series yet...

I'm with you. Those spiders were Just EVIL! EVIL!! So were the Sheep Viruses.

Oh you Simply must Play the Starforce Games! They are EPIC!! I Mean the Plots are Amazing and so is the Gameplay. You'd love the Series. The Anime's Great too despite what some of the Fans say.

Nemoide

Nemoide

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1092 posts
  • Interests:Things
Mega Man games with stories? I'm unfamiliar with this concept. :D

I only really know the original Mega Man and Mega Man X series. Battle Network looked like it was aimed at a younger age range, so I never got into it. By the time Star Force came out, I was totally lost in the sea of Mega Man spinoffs that are out there.

GIGA-XISBASS VISITOR

GIGA-XISBASS VISITOR

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Mega Man games with stories? I'm unfamiliar with this concept. :unsure:

I only really know the original Mega Man and Mega Man X series. Battle Network looked like it was aimed at a younger age range, so I never got into it. By the time Star Force came out, I was totally lost in the sea of Mega Man spinoffs that are out there.

Well you Simply Must Play the BN & STARFORCE Games. They Rock. You can Play the Roms if you want.

Penelopi

Penelopi

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts
  • Interests:Catholicism/Catholic Church, NiGHTS (of course), Klonoa, Star Trek (except the last series, Enterprise), My Favorite Martian (60s show, not the 1999 movie), Pokemon (anime through Johto and all games), Zelda, Mega Man, reading, writing, drawing, hanging out with my friends, other fun videogames, a good joke

Mega Man games with stories? I'm unfamiliar with this concept. :)

If you're at all interested in just dipping your feet in, you can find Battle Network games for $10 or less at just about any GameStop. If you don't like it, just trade it in and it'll only have cost you a few bucks like renting any game. The anime and the games' presentation seemed aimed for younger ages, but then again, did you ever see Mega Man 8 for PS/Saturn? Mega Man made freaking squeaky noises like a rubber duck--well, ok, I'm probably exaggerating, but still... Well, and come to think of it, Mega Man wasn't really known for more mature/darker stuff until MMX. But presentation aside, Battle Network has enough difficulty to make me frustrated with some bosses and give me the end-boss thrill, and it has enough strategy to make me think twice before remaking my card decks. Star Force, like I said before, is alright in my opinion. A little more frustrating, I think, because of the slightly different view and battle system.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users