Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Blurred Sight?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Guest_Ideya Fairy_*

Guest_Ideya Fairy_*
  • Guests
Has anyone ever had a dream where you try to look/read something and your vision just goes? I have, and it’s a real pain when your lucid. I thought this might be an interesting topic.

So out of morbid curiosity: What is your vision like in a dream?

Alanora

Alanora

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
  • Interests:Getting into trouble, music, games, more music, being lazy, hanging out with friends, drawing, collecting NiGHTS drawings, poking people with pointy sticks for the fun of it
Ew, blurred vision. that's happened to me, used to happen often. I always thought it was because I used to be blind as a bat, I wore very thick glasses for most of my life. I hated being nearly blind, and it seemed to leak into my dreams from time to time.

I usually don't read anything when I ream, lucid or not, but on the occasion that it does happen the words are usually clear. I just never remember them when I wake. I've recalled reading some weird arcane stuff in books once or twice in dreams, but unable to recall exactly what it said when i woke, no matter how I tried. blech.

Guest_Ideya Fairy_*

Guest_Ideya Fairy_*
  • Guests
Wow, I guess it does happen to most people. But what I really ment was not just reading, but trying to look at other things as well. Like trying to see across the room.

Alanora

Alanora

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
  • Interests:Getting into trouble, music, games, more music, being lazy, hanging out with friends, drawing, collecting NiGHTS drawings, poking people with pointy sticks for the fun of it
That does happen on occasion still. You're right, it is really annoying. I honestly never thought about that happening to others, though. always thought it happened because of my actual blindness.

Sierra

Sierra

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
  • Interests:Books, gaming, animals, books, my computer, writing. Oh, did I mention books?
Wait, so I'm not the only one who has this problem!? This happens to me a lot too! I'll just be doing my dream thing, and all of a sudden, everything's like it's underwater. I have very bad real life vision too, Alanora, so maybe that has something to do with it. I always just thought it had something to do with the fact I sleep with my eyes half open sometimes. >.>

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts
  • Interests:Lots of stuff. Too much stuff.
Not to brag, but I rarely have that problem, even when Lucid Dreaming. I really don't know why. Things don't excite me easily, I guess (I'm unsure how that's related to blurry vision, though) :/. BUT, I do get blurred vision sometimes...

Chan Kaylore

Chan Kaylore

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Interests:Long walks on the beach at sunset, stealing kisses from loved ones, terrorising small children with bees, holding hands and chatting.<br /><br />Did I mention children and bees? I meant hornets.<br /><br />Big ones.
Mm...I usually only find that problem when something's far off in the distance. Otherwise, my vision is usually fine. It still happens once in a blue moon though.

Alanora

Alanora

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
It rarely happens to me anymore. I got my eyesight fixed about a year ago, and it seems to happen far less now. Still does it on rare occasion, though.

Guest_Ideya Fairy_*

Guest_Ideya Fairy_*
  • Guests
It doesnt happen to me as often as it used to last year. It usually happens when I'm TRYING to see something up close.

Roam

Roam

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Gaming, Music,
This is the first time I've ever heard of having blurred sight in a dream. My sight is always perfect. o_O

Cerulean Lee

Cerulean Lee

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
I've never had things suddenly blur on me in dreams, but there are quite a few dreams when I'm trying to look at something my eyes are closed and I can't get them open.

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
  • Interests:Nerdy stuff.
I've never heard of vision blurring in dreams either. I can at least say it never happened to me. On the few occasions I am lucid, it feels like I perceive events with my mind's eye more than anything else.

Quicksilver

Quicksilver

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
  • Interests:Cold weapons (steel and whatnot), music, and dreams ^^
I used to always get a fuzzy outline on my dreams and everything seemed to go at a really fast pace.

But since then I have improve my dream vision and managed to slow down my thoughts enough so that I can actually understand what's going on.

Horay for Yoga!

ayamemaiden

ayamemaiden

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts
UGH.
I hate blur-vision dreams.
I can only get by those ones when I squint.

Ashashi

Ashashi

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Interests:Internet, Computers, Anime, Video Games, Sonic, NiGHTS, Internet, Dreams, School, Drawing, Singing, DDR, 3D Video Game Modeling/Game Design
XD wow, thinking about it right now I never really have blurred vision. Its either crisp clear or everything goes totally pitch black which makes me so mad when I wake up. Its like, I could be in the middle of a dream and my eyes just turn off. I can still hear and stuff, but I just go blind. Luckily, this only happens on very rare occasions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users