Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Monster Hunter

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Sierra

Sierra

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
  • Interests:Books, gaming, animals, books, my computer, writing. Oh, did I mention books?
Hey, I've been wondering lately, anyone here play Monster Hunter? I just got into it and I am loving it. For those of you who don't know, Monster Hunter is pretty self explanatory: There are monsters (read: dinosaur like creatures) about. Go hunt them. However, the actual gameplay is much deeper than that, and it is also considerably difficult once you get to the big stuff. It's also got multiplayer, which is awesome.

So, I have Tri, the Wii game. And I've finally managed to get a decent connection to the intarwebz via it. Wii has online play. See where I'm going with this? I'd love to start up a small NiGHTS clan, like the Jester Syndicate, but more stone-age-with-guns-like. Anyone who has it, speak now and we can start plotting.

For those without the Wii version and one of the many other titles! Discuss them! I am a newbie Hunter and I'd love to learn more about this awesome series, and hear humorous/awesome anecdotes. (I know you have them.)

SmashQueen

SmashQueen

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
I got Monster Hunter Tri 3 recently (read: yesterday). I got up to the point of meeting Junior then saved & quit. I don't plan on rushing things at the moment. Just want to get the feel for things. (Looked at the instruction booklet; the controls seemed daunting and I want time to absorb how to do stuff.)
It's not half bad so far (knew it was going to be good when I went through the PC customization), and I actually like attacking the dinosaur-like creatures. Leara runs in like the madwoman she is for their raw ride and meat.

Just not looking forward to underwater combat. @_@ If I ever get there. >_>;

Unfortunately, I have no 'net connection for the Wii. Too many complications at the moment.

Roam

Roam

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Gaming, Music,
I actually just picked up Monster Hunter Tri myself, but I need to reconfigure my Wii's internet connection. I can't say as I'm very far myself, just got past the initial tutorial and haven't really played since. It's also my first Monster Hunter game, so if anyone has any info to share, I'm all ears.

SmashQueen

SmashQueen

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
Here's a tip: experiment with weapons. I got stuck on the fetch quest for getting Kelbi Horns and it turns out the only way to get them is to smack the creatures with a hammer. I'm not sure if anybody ever tells you that, but it can turn into a guide dang it if you constantly use only one weapon to carry out your duties.

Cooking meat: usually about 4 and a half rotations will get you a well done piece of meat (not 5, not 4, so watch that meat). If it gets burned, toss it. It only makes your health go down. I think the music might be a key here but I'm unsure.

Read the manual. It will help big time with the controls. I prefer the Classic Controller myself.

Try to fill the monster info guide you have with as many monsters as possible. It can be a pain when the monster is ever-stalking you, but it gives some decent info along with the creature's name. What's a Kelbi? Look it up! :D Great if you have trouble remembering the names of the monsters.

Try to collect stuff when out and about, even on a mission. You never know when that mushroom or ore will come in handy.

What your character wears does matter. It's not just how well you're protected, but how fast you're about to maneuver. Wear light stuff when going underwater for maximum speed and spend less time worrying about your oxygen (which seems to deplete faster when heavier stuff is equipped).
I can't stress this point enough. Why? The main monster you're going after lives underwater. You'll need to be fast, very fast, to avoid it. It will by no means be an easy battle (from what I've seen at least).

Fishing. When they say to fish, they don't mean those little schools of fish you see near the beach, oh no. They mean the fish deeper in the sea (area 11 I think it's called).

And that's all I can say for now. I haven't picked MH back up in a while and my PC was still going after those 1 star missions.

Mr.Me

Mr.Me

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • Interests:Most sega games, older games (N64 and back), music, internet. . .something else. . .
I recently (2 months ago) got monster hunter tri cause my friend talked about it. I've just about beaten all the offline missions, i've only got the mean ones left to hunt/catch.

I can definatly approve the previously stated fact that the game gets harder (definatly jumping in dificulty between 4 and 5 star missions). Underwater fights are definatly annoying, but you eventually get used to it (of course, it's still much harder than land battles)

Definatly take the weapon you feel most comfortable with in the begining, because once your a decent way through, it's really hard to pick up another weapon. Me personally, i run hammer and switch-ax (2 of each, elements do matter)

Ummm. . .what else. . .i do have online, i would love to hunt the Jhen Mohran online (online only boss, for good reasons) with you guys. Take the lagiacrus and multiply his health by about 6 or 7, and you have his health. Fun battle, especially since he's big enough to walk on (and they let you, since he's bigger than the ship your on)

and. . .uhhh. . .I want to talk about more, but i don't want to give spoilers about later monsters. So i'll leave with this. The first boss is so much fun to kill for me now. I accedently killed him too fast once and time didn't pass in the village :P (which takes approximatly 2 minutes)

Hope to possibly see you guys

If you need help with anything, i might be able to answer your question (just don't ask about wyvern tears, i still don't know how most of the monsters drop them)

GIGA-XISBASS VISITOR

GIGA-XISBASS VISITOR

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts
  • Interests:ANIME, VIDEO GAMES, MANGA. READING. NIGHTS.
Nice Info Guys. Plan on Getting the Game. This'll Come in Handy Once I Get my WII Hooked Up Again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users