Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Mortal Kombat

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Nemoide

Nemoide

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1092 posts
  • Interests:Things
A pretty lengthy teaser can be seen here.
And a brief article on Kotaku.
Be warned: it's a lot more disturbing than the old MK movie...

So this totally came from out of left field to me. I had heard rumors about a third Mortal Kombat film for several years, but never really believed it. But if this is for a movie, I'm totally going to watch it. Since the video games were so famous for their violence, it feels right for me to have this movie be an unrepentant hard-R-rated bloodbath.

I maintain that the original Mortal Kombat is the best video game-based movie out there. Mostly because it's fun and I have a nostalgic attachment to the characters, rather than it being a seriously good movie. I stopped caring about video game movies some years back, since they pretty much all tend to be kind of dumb, obvious cash-in attempts. This looks, if nothing else, pretty different from the standard.

[Edit/Update: new link to the "teaser/trailer," available in HD. Apparently it's for "Mortal Kombat Rebirth."]

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2949 posts
Baraka in dreads irks me.

Jeri Ryan as Sonya surprised me.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
WANTWANTWANT

it reminds me of There Will be Brawl *lol*
It's a shame theyve removed the fantasy elements of what makes the characters fit into the original universe (or at least it appears that way), but I'm stoked.

Nemoide

Nemoide

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1092 posts
  • Interests:Things
So it turns out that this is a "concept film" designed to pitch this idea for a Mortal Kombat movie.
WARNER BROS. YOU GUYS HAD BETTER BE CONVINCED! Because this is a movie I want to watch.

I liked the fantasy elements of the original, but this looks f-ed up in the best way. I mean, Reptile as a crazed harlequin-fetus survivor, cannibalistic serial-killer? IMO, this is way cooler than being a lizard from "Outworld." (Wait a minute... a lizard who can look like a human from another dimension? Call David Icke!)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users