Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

NiGHTS plushies: The hunt is on!

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Nemain

Nemain

• Visitor
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
So I figured of all the places I could try, this would be the best place to go to discuss merch. :)

I've been collecting NiGHTS stuff for about 9 months now, and I'm particularly big on the plushies. In that time, I've got the plushies in the picture below (plus the keychains and a second Christmas and flying NiGHTS, which are not pictured).

Posted Image

My question to you guys is this... Were there any other plush outside Christmas NiGHTS and Christmas Nightopian released in that UFO set? The hang tag suggests yes, but I've never even heard of any others yet alone seen them. Of course this could be simply because I am relatively new to this collecting fandom, but as a collector it bugs me to not know for sure if this set has others in it. I like to know what I am looking for, or if it's finally time for the wallet to take a rest! :)

Thanks for any input you guys can give. I appreciate it! Do we have many other plush collectors here? :)

Nemoide

Nemoide

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Interests:Things
In my mind, I can picture a Christmas Claris and Elliot. But I don't think I've ever seen one for sale; I'd wager they're ridiculously rare, if they do exist.

But getting all those plushies in less than a year is HARD-FRIGGIN'-CORE! You might want to take a breather from working on "the complete set," just for the sake of having sane finances. :P
I consider my collection of NiGHTS merch decent, but I don't own any of the plushies.

charlie

charlie

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts
That's a great looking collection Nemain! I personally haven't dished out the cash yet, but they are very cool.

Here are some pics from the NiD gallery that shows some of the merch.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Wow, nice collection there! :D

Yeah, there seems to be a Christmas Elliot and Claris if that image is anything to go by. However, in all the years i've been here i've never seen one go on sale anywhere online thus leading me to believe they're very VERY rare ...or Xmas Elliot and Claris in that image were just prototypes that were never mass produced.

That being said, TRiPPY has been in this fanbase longer than i have so i'll get her to check in with this topic and see if she's ever seen the Xmas versions go on sale at all.

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
  • Interests:Punk, New Wave, horror movies, German Expressionism, cabarets, exotica. Long live VHS!

Posted Image

Who are those other people? The famous "That Lady," "That Gentleman," and, "That Old Man"? Other game characters? Random plushies?

Great work collecting, Nemain. Is that a NiGHTS chao plushie? What's it from? :D

Nemoide

Nemoide

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
They're other Sega characters. The girl on the left is Pai from Virtua Fighter, next is apparently Sarah from VF, then Honey (Candy) from Fighting Vipers. The girl on the right is Lisa from Last Bronx.

So there you have it!

Nemain

Nemain

• Visitor
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Thanks for the replies!

Nemoide: Ha, yeah, I know it's pretty hardcore. xD I get a reasonable amount of money from reselling duplicate things I get in bulk lots on YJA, so it's rarely totally money from my bank account being used for items. I certainly couldn't afford these things if I wasn't selling at the same time! :D

Charlie: THAT'S the image on their tags that is so hard to see, thanks for posting! I always did wonder who the non-Claris and Elliot people were, heh (thanks Nemoide!). I wonder if any of these, aside from the two I have, ever did make it into final production? I've never even seen the kids, let alone the others.

DiGi: Appreciate it! I'm in the prototype train of thought myself at the moment as I've got no evidence otherwise. I might not have been around so long, but I'm thinking by now I'd have at least seen a picture or something... Then again, the Christmas Nightopian caught me out in January! It'd be nice if Claris and Elliot are indeed real. Finally getting something after searching for a long time is really rewarding and it would be so nice to add them to the gang. It may sound weird, but I almost want Claris and Elliot to exist because I DON'T want my set to be complete just yet... It's nice to have something to search for and I've made so many friends already during the gathering of what I already have. :)

Noctourne Wonderland: You got it! That's a NiGHTS Chao. It's from the Sonic Adventure 1 plush line released in 1999. It even has a cute little devil tail, a yellow mood ball and large yellow-white wings. I haven't taken it out of the bag as I don't have anywhere to display my plush so I keep them bagged and in boxes, but here's a better photo of it... It's hard to see, but it also has airbrushed stripes on its horns and airbrushed paws and belly.

Posted Image

(Kudos to the person who knows what purple belted animal from the Sonic series is behind that Chao! :lol:)

Kamui

Kamui

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • Interests:Arting, cosplayin, Homestuck, Sonic and NiGHTS
That's an impressive NiGHTS plushie collection~! I wish I could say the same for my NiGHTS collection. XD

Is that Big behind NiGHTS? Awesome to see another plushie collector~ I have a picture of my Sonic plush collection on my laptop somewhere...

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
  • Interests:Punk, New Wave, horror movies, German Expressionism, cabarets, exotica. Long live VHS!
The detail in the plushies is astounding. It's rarely commented on, but it's impressive.

Nemoide

Nemoide

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
Holy friggin' moly guys, Christmas NiGHTS plushies lot... WITH ELLIOT!

Someone bid. o.o

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
I'm watching. And no doubt that collection is going to get insanely expensive towards the end. Thanks for the tip-off!

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Damn! I forgot the bidding ended yesterday. It only went for £74, i could have got that :( Oh well, guess i'll wait another 5 years for that to come up on eBay again.

charlie

charlie

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts
£74 is pretty cheap when it comes to those plushies! Still outta my price range though :(

DARiA

DARiA

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • Interests:I love well-made fanart, drawings and well-written fanfics. I adore people who can be creative in a beautiful way (good artists, writers, singers etc). I like various anime shows, mostly shoujo and maho-shoujo. I also like reading books of fantasy-writers (Andre Norton, Phillip Pullman, Gart Nix etc). I like listening to rock or folk-rock music. I also love various pretty shiny things. I myself write and draw various fan things from time to time. And yes, I also love sleeping, dreaming and being lazy.
*г*
I wish I could at least hold these plushies in my hands and have a chance to look them all over. I could figure out how to make proper patterns...

Shego13

Shego13

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • Interests:Sonic, NiGHTS, and the other Sega francises.
Try to get the NiGHTS plush dolls on ebay.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users