Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

War for Cybertron

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1382 posts
  • Interests:Nerdy stuff.
I've been keeping tabs on this title for a bit but only with recent developments has my interest really risen. Take a look at some of the trailers to see what I mean.

Transformers: War for Cybertron

To date I don't think there's been a single great Transformers game. Dare I say I think this one looks like it could be really promising. It looks good at least and it's going back to Generation 1 which is always a plus. I don't know, what do you guys think?

daru

daru

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
  • Interests:playing with my band called the sonics <br />i am trying to get my art back on track <br />and i am into video games
the game looks and rocks great and there was been a very good transformer game which is the one for the ps2

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3398 posts
If ever they needed to take the old style Transformers and make it look grimey and up-to-date, this would be it. So far, every Transformer i've seen for this game thus far has a fantastic updated look BUT doesn't sh!t over the old designs in the slightest.

This is interesting me.

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
This is the first time I've ever cared about a Transformers game. I hope it continues to keep me interested.

Penelopi

Penelopi

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts
  • Interests:Catholicism/Catholic Church, NiGHTS (of course), Klonoa, Star Trek (except the last series, Enterprise), My Favorite Martian (60s show, not the 1999 movie), Pokemon (anime through Johto and all games), Zelda, Mega Man, reading, writing, drawing, hanging out with my friends, other fun videogames, a good joke
My close friend, who's a major Transformers fan, showed me the trailer, and we were totally fangirl-spazzing over it. XD I thought at first it was just going to be something else in the movieverse and wasn't very excited, but then Bumblebee transformed and I was like *gasp with sparkly eyes* "It's Bumblebee! G1 Bumblebee!!" I'll admit it, that trailer has really got me excited, in spite of being disappointed with my DS Transformers 1 game. :3 Gosh, why can't they make a movie with that?! Only thing is, I can't get it until I buy another system. Which is kind of a bummer. I'll have to visit my friend and her family's 360. :) I may be having too high expectations, but...G1 in the 2010s...! ^-^

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1382 posts
Bumping since there's been more revealed.

I've got to say, this game is looking better and better the more I see. Single player looks epic and the multiplayer almost has a Team Fortress looking charm to it.

However, this character unlock code BS sucks. For those of you who don't know different retailers are offering codes to unlock different characters in one of the game modes. It breaks down like this.

Gamestop - Shockwave
Best Buy - Jazz
Amazon - Demolishor (from Armada)

I swear if these are preorder exclusives and can't be unlocked any other way I'll be livid. Either way, I think I'll play it safe and order from both Gamestop and Best Buy, then just return one of the unopened copies after I get the code. Unless the code is on the inside then I don't know what to do. Dammit though, Shockwave and Jazz! I need both of them. Those characters are classics. Demolishor I don't give two shits about.

Dex la Cabra

Dex la Cabra

OVERLORD

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  • Interests:Becoming the Breakdance King.
starscream's in it, so it's a pre-order asap for me ;D

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1382 posts
I kinda hate to admit it, but I'm pre-ordering this game twice. I'm sorry but I want Jazz and Shockwave both as soon as possible. I love both those guys. I think what I'll end up doing is having another little contest to give away the second copy after getting the code for the character.

Demolishor can go to hell. I'm not pre-ordering for a friggin' Armada character. Armada, and the whole Unicron Trilogy for that matter were some of the most painful shows I've ever seen. And to think I never thought it could get worse than Beast Machines. XC

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
This game is gonna be shown at Expo this month, and I'm going, so i'm gonna get my mitts on it (sorry DiGi D: )

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1382 posts

This game is gonna be shown at Expo this month, and I'm going, so i'm gonna get my mitts on it (sorry DiGi D: )

I hope you come back with good news. I really hope this game is good because from this Transfan's perspective, Tranformers has been full of dissapointments for a few years now.

Also, is Starscream still the ruler of your shelf? XD

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1382 posts
Do the bumpty bump!

Looks like the final characters have been revealed. We got Thundercracker on the Decepticons and for the Autobots we got Sideswipe and Jetfire.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2949 posts
Interestingly, 1Up has given the game a B+, didn't check any other reviews yet. (On another license game note, apparently the new Toy Story 3 game is purportedly decent too.)

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1382 posts
IGN gave it a 9 out of 10
Giantbomb game it an 8 out of 10

General consensus so far is it's hands down the best Transformers game to date and a surprisingly good summer game that came out of nowhere. Personally I'm having a blast. Definitely going to sink a lot of time into it. It's very faithful and respectful to the source material and the gameplay is great. Plays kinda similar to Unreal Tournament, Gears of War and Tribes. Transforming is remarkably intuitive as well.

Everybody buy it now!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users