Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Jof's NiGHTSey Desktop Icons

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Jof

Jof

Beard status: Distinctly Hobo.

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,388,607 posts
  • Interests:Making NiGHTS shine. In an oily way.
So tonight I got bored, and frustrated at not being able to find a set of desktop icons that suited me, I decided to take it upon myself to create some NiGHTS Desktop Icons. I have only just completed the first, but I have many plans for many more, and hopefull I'll be able to make quite a decent set for everyone to use. I also want to try and customize the Windows 7 enviroment as much as possible (system sounds etc), but that will come after the icons.

So as for now, here is a Recycle Bin replacement, our very own, Ideya Palace : ).

Posted ImagePosted Image

See it in action for maximum glowiness!

Right click, and "Save Target as.." either of them for a direct link to the .ico files. These will work fine in Large, Medium and Small sizes on Windows 7 and Vista. XP should work ok too.
A guide to how to replace your recycle bin icon on Vista/7 can be found here. Xp users should look here

The next I plan on doing is a Firefox icon, which I shall be changing into Cerberus outside and going around his cage.

Enjoy!

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
  • Interests:Nerdy stuff.
Because the Ideya Palace is where all unwanted trash goes, right? XD

This is seriously cool.

SmashQueen

SmashQueen

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
I tried changing it on an XP (just a 'well let's see what happens' thing) and it looks like the only way those images will work for the recycling bin via Tuneup Styler is if the icons are in a DLL file.

Cool images though. ^^

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
Damn! I want Windows 7 JUST so i can use these XD

WATERLiLYCAT

WATERLiLYCAT

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts
Haha, I've added the icons and they look great! Thanks Jof, very purdy and I can't wait for the next ones X3

Jof

Jof

Beard status: Distinctly Hobo.

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,388,607 posts
  • Interests:Making NiGHTS shine. In an oily way.
I'm glad you guys liked them :lol:

Like I said, they'll work fine on Vista and 7. There's also a guide to using them in XP here Let me know if anyone is succesful. Theres a XP computer upstairs, I'm gonna test it tonight.

So, I'd like your guys suggestions for which icons you want customized next. Which programs do you use most?

Next up is Firefox, then I think I'm gonna do Thunderbird (with a Goodle), then Photoshop and Dreamweaver. But after that I'll take suggestions :).

SmashQueen

SmashQueen

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
Finally got it. ^^ Just had some troubles with "Saving Image As..." Thanks Jof. Heh heh. Palace full, palace empty. Palace full, palace empty...

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Ah, cool idea :lol:

Nemoide

Nemoide

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Interests:Things
Ooh! I'm excited to have NiGHTS desktop THINGS that are more recent than the olde timey Windows "95-Plus"/98 theme.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users