Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

NekoCon '10?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

WATERLiLYCAT

WATERLiLYCAT

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts
First off: I apologize if this is the wrong area for this thread. I'm air-headed and this was my best guess.

I've never been to an anime convention before, but I've been wanting to for a while now and I've been considering some. I'm in a rather non-California-location location, so somewhere in San Francisco or the like obviously won't work, and the closest one appears to be 'NekoCon' in Hampton Roads. I'm wondering if anyone here has ever been to one of them, if so, what's it like? I've been to website and all, but they don't seem to keen on divulging information. Is it a good con? Are you going next year? So-on and so-forth.

Ten

Ten

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, cosplay, linguistics, music, art, baking, cooking, sciences
Oh gawd, Neko. That was my first con. It's a decent con, a bit small, and from what I remember of the last time I went... I'd do a repeat with it. I just have to budget myself since I'll probably be flying from Texas to get to Otakon, this coming year, so I probably won't be hitting Neko.

The size, though, makes it a good place to have your first experience with a convention. :3

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
Yeah i found that going to a small con as your first experience really helps because you don't feel so overwhelmed by other people who've obviously been 100000 times. My first con was a local con in Scotland called Auchinawa and it was brilliant :) We make it our thing to support it and go every 2 years since it's in the homeland n'all.

WATERLiLYCAT

WATERLiLYCAT

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts
The con this year was in the three-thousand attendance range, so I certainly hope you're talking about earlier conventions, as that's quite a few furless monkeys and I wouldn't want to see a big con after that XP But I agree; I'd probably get very touchy within a larger collection of people. Large crowds aren't my forte and if I do make conventions a regular habit I should make the first a slightly more down-played one.
Plus while the location is rather far away, my family members know the way. Maybe I'll ask to go to NekoCon for my Birthday, kukuku. Thanks for the responses, much appreciated~

(If I go I'm totally going as Jackle, by the way.)

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
  • Interests:Punk, New Wave, horror movies, German Expressionism, cabarets, exotica. Long live VHS!

I support your Jackling. :)

WATERLiLYCAT

WATERLiLYCAT

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts

I support your Jackling. :D

I support you supporting Jackling XP

Ten

Ten

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, cosplay, linguistics, music, art, baking, cooking, sciences

The con this year was in the three-thousand attendance range, so I certainly hope you're talking about earlier conventions, as that's quite a few furless monkeys and I wouldn't want to see a big con after that XP But I agree; I'd probably get very touchy within a larger collection of people. I live in the country-- Large crowds aren't my forte and if I do make conventions a regular habit I should make the first a slightly more down-played one.
Plus the location is scenic THAT WAY and my driving-capable relatives can take me there quite fast, so no hotel'ing will be involved. Maybe I'll ask to go to NekCon for my Birthday, kukuku. Thanks for the responses, much appreciated~

Trust me, that's considered small. XD It's gotten bigger, but it's still in the smaller range. :> And it was INSANE this past year... Especially for those of us who, uh, didn't pre-reg. Hrr.

WATERLiLYCAT

WATERLiLYCAT

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts
Edit:// The questions previously in this post have been answered.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users