Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What JoD got right

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
  • Interests:Punk, New Wave, horror movies, German Expressionism, cabarets, exotica. Long live VHS!
Everyone seems to love hating JoD. But hey, if it didn't exsist, we wouldn't have Will's Dad! :D

But seriously, sequels are (supposed to be) improvements upon the original. I'd like to know if any of you think that JoD was an improvement over NiD in any way. I like the JoD added the extra missions. NiD just seemed to be over too soon, and Sega learned their lesson and added more levels and variety. Say what you will, but I think NiGHTS' design in JoD is better than his NiD design. Why NiD NiGHTS was areodynamic and androgynous, JoD NiGHTS looked more free-spirited and flamboyant, like NiGHTS' personality. Even if his cuffs lopk plastic, they're an improvement over the giant cartoony buttons. :o

In short, this isn't just what's good about JoD, it's about what's better in JoD. Your thoughts?

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Hm.. been said before but why not. I like how now doing acrobatics nets you a bonus while linking. That way they're not just for show like in NiD (other than when you have the ribbon). The new arrangement for Growing Wings is nice too, it's a bit more full than NiD's version. And of course Bellbridge is prettier than Twin Seeds, obviously. Also even though JoD Reala is blargh IMO, JoD Wizeman is even more awesome than before.

On the subject of NiGHTS's JoD outfit, I think I'd still just want the gloves removed.. it's nice if NiGHTS doesn't have gloves, considering how he dualizes and all. And white gloves is just so overdone as a motif. Everything else about his new outfit is fine and dandy.

It's just so stupid, JoD could have been waay better a game in so many ways so freaking easily. As far as outdoing NiD, that's still another issue, but the game's flaws are so correctable, it's frustrating.

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
  • Interests:Punk, New Wave, horror movies, German Expressionism, cabarets, exotica. Long live VHS!
I like the gloves. In fact, I thought for the longest time that he had them in NiD. I even drew him with white gloves quite abit, but had to go back an change it. :D

oki_the_great

oki_the_great

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, role-playing, writing, playing video games, singing, surviving college, history, dreaming, etc.
Personally, I prefer NiGHTS' NiD design and the fact that there isn't any voice acting in NiD. But JoD has definitely improved in some areas compared to NiD. I like the My Dream area, since it always changes and such depending on if you have more Nightmaren or Nightopians in it and what levels you played. I also like the level designs, and it's easier (in my opinion) to see where you're going and what's going on around you if you're playing as Will or Helen compared to how it was playing as Claris or Elliot in NiD. But JoD didn't improve with the boss levels in my opinion. It was difficult for me to get an A the first few times I played since I had trouble figuring out what exactly I had to do for some bosses. I know in NiD, if you lost the boss battle, there would be a tip you could read at the end that might help you in your next attempt to fight the boss. But I'm pretty sure in JoD there isn't a tip like that (I haven't played in a while so I might be wrong).

Musashi_HUmar

Musashi_HUmar

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Books, Music, Guitar, Anime, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Movies
Isn't there already a topic for this?

Dex la Cabra

Dex la Cabra

OVERLORD

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  • Interests:Becoming the Breakdance King.
the nightmaren! design wise the nightmaren are far more fear-inspired designs than the ones on NiD, although the lack of jackle is disconcerting (here we go, another comment about jackle being missing...:D) girania i would say is far better designed than gulpo, as girania has all this stuff going on, but gulpo's just a big fish :o and i would actually go as far as to say that Donbalon is cooler than Puffy :P he's generally more scary!

StarsOfCASSiOPEiA

StarsOfCASSiOPEiA

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts
I did LOVE the CGI-ed stuff, like the opening and secret endings of the game. It was absolutely beautiful to watch. ^^

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
  • Interests:Nerdy stuff.
This topic is incredibly similar to the "5 Things" thread on this very sub-forum, so I'm going to lock this one. If people want to state what they liked about JoD I recommend going to the aforementioned thread.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users