Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Helen's Mother

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts
  • Interests:What?
EPIC SPOILERS!

In the super-special ending, when Helen plays Momento of NiGHTS for her mum, Mum gets suspiciously emotional. Do you think it's possible Mum (and maybe Dad) could've met NiGHTS when they were younger? Maybe they're decendants of Claris and Elliot?

LUCiD

LUCiD

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, NiGHTS, (of course), video games, surfing the web, Disney, animals, music, etc...
That's a pretty good thought- EPIC PLOT TWIST!! :lol: (Seriously, that does make a lot of sense.)

P.S. Could you put a spoiler warning on this thread? I didn't know about that part of the game.

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts
Oops! I figured pretty much everyone had played the crap out of this game by now! Sorry!

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
Looking at the game design, Bellbridge is closer to current day than Twinseeds is. Twinseeds was supposed to be set slightly in the future. So if anything it would be the other way around. Claris and Elliot seemed more American though.

I think her mum gets all teary eyed for the fact that her kid is growing up to take her talent seriously as something she actualy loves instead of a chore.

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
  • Interests:Nerdy stuff.
I suppose it's possible, but there really isn't anything concrete to indicate the parents have met NiGHTS. I also always figured NiD and JoD had no relation to each other insofar as canon.

Kentilan

Kentilan

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts
I've never really thought about it, but yes, Helen's mother's reaction was quite strange. But I don't think it means she met NiGHTS (though that's quite possible, after all NiGHTS seems to spend a lot of time with dreamers when he can). I think she was just touched by the fact that her daughter was performing a beautiful song for her exclusively.

EZEKiAL

EZEKiAL

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts
Well, this topic is mainly about Mum meeting NiGHTS. As for C and E, I just wanted to get your guys' opinion. I, personally, do not think they're related.

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
  • Interests:Punk, New Wave, horror movies, German Expressionism, cabarets, exotica. Long live VHS!
I've always faniced Will's mum and Helen's dad to be Claris and Elliot. :)

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts

I've always faniced Will's mum and Helen's dad.

If you had just said this sentence like this then you would have technically been saying, by UK slang term standards, that you have a crush on Will's mum and Helen's dad XD

As for them meeting NiGHTS when they were younger, it is possible but highly unlikely. I think she was just happy that her daughter stopped being a complete cow by running off to go window shopping with her 'girlfriends' and actually did something to make her mother happy :)
Helen, you sket!

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
  • Interests:Punk, New Wave, horror movies, German Expressionism, cabarets, exotica. Long live VHS!
I never realised how bratty Helen was. She randomly abanoned her mother to walk around a city. No wonder her mum was so emotional when she comitted herself to something.

I do like the NiGHTS theory, though. :)

Dex la Cabra

Dex la Cabra

OVERLORD

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  • Interests:Becoming the Breakdance King.

If you had just said this sentence like this then you would have technically been saying, by UK slang term standards, that you have a crush on Will's mum and Helen's dad XD

oh aye noctourne, i bet you do :P no shame in it, you cant go wrong with a bit of dreamer parent! :)

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts

oh aye noctourne, i bet you do :P no shame in it, you cant go wrong with a bit of dreamer parent! :)

Don't you love them, Kisuke? :lol:

Dex la Cabra

Dex la Cabra

OVERLORD

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  • Interests:Becoming the Breakdance King.

Don't you love them, Kisuke? :P

well, that just goes without saying! :P but i'd like to point out that i'm NOT one of the kids will's dad goes off with, i dont love him that much! :P

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
♫ Helen's mom has got it goin on...

yeah...

Anyway I'm quite sure that her mom was just happy to be with her daughter for more than five minutes. I think that's nice but I still don't get why Helen's story was important enough to be in the game but whatever. SEGA's decision not mine.

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
  • Interests:Nerdy stuff.
I agree Helen's story a a bit out of place compared to others.

I always considered the crux of the NiGHTS story was essentially coming of age stories with the protagonists maturing and learning to face their fears. Helen was always the odd one out because she never really had any fears to face and even if she did, she sure as hell never learned to face them. By end of game she still freaked out when the lights went off. Come to think of it, I think she may be the only dreamer to ever lose their Red Ideya. Man, now that I think more about it Helen is just full of fail.

Anyway, even if the parent were acquainted with NiGHTS, I don't think they're Claris and Elliot. Claris was a singer. Helen's mom is a violinist.

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts

Anyway, even if the parent were acquainted with NiGHTS, I don't think they're Claris and Elliot. Claris was a singer. Helen's mom is a violinist.

That's why I like to think that Will's mum is Claris- we never see her. o.O

StarsOfCASSiOPEiA

StarsOfCASSiOPEiA

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

I never realised how bratty Helen was. She randomly abanoned her mother to walk around a city. No wonder her mum was so emotional when she comitted herself to something.

I know! I get why Will's having problems because his Dad went away- okay. That's beyond his control. But Helen's problems? ... She kind of caused them. So she should be able to fix them shouldn't she?

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Well, i guess everybody is entitled to their own opinion on the debate, as interesting as it is. But, considering the huge facts that -

- the story takes place in Bellbridge and not Twin Seeds
- the timezone seems to be set in present day, rather than NiGHTS into Dreams which is proven to have been set in the future (due to the design of Twin Seeds and Elliot and Claris in Burning Rangers)
- Will and Helen don't look anything like Elliot or Claris
- and that Iizuka said in an interview that JoD is a brand new game and is not tied to NiD at all

it kinda pushes the favor of this debate in to the hands that Will and Helen have nothing to do with Elliot and Claris.

Kentilan

Kentilan

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

NiGHTS into Dreams which is proven to have been set in the future (due to the design of Twin Seeds and Elliot and Claris in Burning Rangers)

While I agree with your other points, I don't think Elliot and Claris's presence in Burning Rangers can prove anything. I didn't play the game, but it seems to me that their presence is just a cameo and that Burning Ranger and NiD are completely unrelated (I've read there are also Sonic Team members in Burning Rangers).
NiD has been proved to take place in the future because that's written on the Japanese website, that's all.

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts

Well, i guess everybody is entitled to their own opinion on the debate, as interesting as it is. But, considering the huge facts that -

- the story takes place in Bellbridge and not Twin Seeds
- the timezone seems to be set in present day, rather than NiGHTS into Dreams which is proven to have been set in the future (due to the design of Twin Seeds and Elliot and Claris in Burning Rangers)
- Will and Helen don't look anything like Elliot or Claris
- and that Iizuka said in an interview that JoD is a brand new game and is not tied to NiD at all

it kinda pushes the favor of this debate in to the hands that Will and Helen have nothing to do with Elliot and Claris.

I know that it's pretty much impossible, but I can dream, can't I? :)

TORiAS_the_fallen

TORiAS_the_fallen

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
  • Interests:Writing, art, gaming, music, all the things people in their 20s usually like to do.
Weird.

I think it's possible that their parents know SOMETHING of the dream world. We all dream, do we not?
But as for being connected, I don't think they ever knew NiGHTS, and so I'm in "she was just moved by her daughter's sudden strange urge to make her happy" camp.

It's still stupid that they're not connected, and, doesn't that make JoD a prequel to NiD? So then NiGHTS somehow gets back into Nightopia after JoD and Wizeman returns and is all evil.

So maybe Jackle's absence is due to the fact that he's not yet been created?

NiGHTS and Reala could have techinically been around since the Dawn Age, because we have no idea how old anything is the dreamworld actually is, but I asume as old as Hummanity.

And, yes, Helen is full of coipus amounts of fail.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users