Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Noctourne's Reala Day Entries

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2150 posts
  • Interests:Punk, New Wave, horror movies, German Expressionism, cabarets, exotica. Long live VHS!
Well then, I think that It's about time to stop hiding my entries and share them with the world.

First up is my drawing, that I started the day the contest was announced, and kept working on until that final day. I decided not to do the usual "Reala posed blankly in fron of a black/red/purple/checkered background" or "Reala in a macho pose with the aforementioned backgrounds" because I find them cliche and dull. Instead, I chose to draw Reala in a more unusal postion, just relaxing. He spends all year collecting ideya and being Wizeman's slave, but on his own holiday he can sit back, realax, and have a day to himself. I don't know why I have him lounging in his logo, but the emblem is cool and fun to draw. Annother deviation from the game's Reala was his less muscular appeaarence, but I did make a concession to the designers and attempted more detailed anatomy.

For Reala himself, I started with his feet and worked my way to his head, because the head is the most elaborate part of his body. The feet I designed to look like boots, and I made them appear slightly larger than his legs as a result. I also spent a long time on the toes, making sure they had dimension. I also made the knees detailed, and his chest is much more realistic than other drawings, particularly due to the angle. I also made the vest hang off of his body like an actual vest, rather than his skin. A strange decision was the lack of a space between the collar and Realla's head, but I think it fits the soft look of the drawing. In fac, I think I subliminally made Reala look almost like a stuffed animal, but that wasn't intentional. His expression is my favourite part of the picture. -_-
It was hard.

This being my first attempt at pencil shading was har, but I like the results. I think the influence of TRiPPY is pretty noticeable with the shading of the horns. I did the entire thing in coloured pencil, which made the scanned version look miserable, and so I took a photograph and touched it up. Originally I went for a more artisitic black and white drawing with only Reala in colour, but I worried that Maresuke would think I didn't put effort into it, so I lightly coloured the background. The photo doesn't do it justice, but depending on the angle the picture is viewed from, the intensity of the background's colours change.

Posted Image

I love how the shirt looks! It was an incredibly nerve wracking process to get the iron-on paper in the right place, and then not letting it move. The red of the shirt and the Reala emblemeneded up matching perfectly, which I love. The best part of this craft is that I can wear it any time I want, and advertise NiGHTS to the world! Muahahaha! In fact, I'm wearing the shirt as I type this. :lol:

A hard choice with the sh!t was whether or not to cut off the black corners and have it just be the circular medallion. like it with the black, because it creates a kind of bumper between the red and yellow.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users