Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

My Fan-Game

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Bannipper

Bannipper

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts
Ladies and gentleman, boys and girls of all ages, I have an annoucement to make. Me and a friend of mine from school will attempt to make a fan-game with some of my characters in it, and also, there will be characters from the Archie Sonic comic book series, such as Mina Mongoose and her boyfriend Ash. This game will be a 2D-Platformer/RPG, with plenty of role-playing involved. I will be giving people reports on how game is doing soon. Expect things to get really good as the game reaches completion.

Hang on to your butts, because this game is going to be one of the best fan-games ever made. And it will be on the computer soon, if not very.

Murasaki Doku

Murasaki Doku

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts
*crickets chirp*

Bannipper

Bannipper

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts

*crickets chirp*

Trust me on this. The story is very solid. I made sure of that myself.

InTheNightlight

InTheNightlight

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, gaming, making bad puns, making comics...I think that's it...gah, my childhood sucks...
Sounds pretty good. I'll keep checking back!

Bannipper

Bannipper

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Sounds pretty good. I'll keep checking back!

SWEET!!! Anyway, I already can confirm a few things, thought the game hasn't even been developed yet: There will be multiple characters to play as, The bosses and enemies are going to be tough, and NiGHTS makes a cameo as a summon spell.

Noctourne Wonderland

Noctourne Wonderland

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
  • Interests:Punk, New Wave, horror movies, German Expressionism, cabarets, exotica. Long live VHS!
Sounds interesting....maybe a better explanation of the plot/characters would make your proposal seem less laughable. For example, instead of just saying that the story is solid, give us a bit of an intro, prefferably with a cliffhanger at the end to keep us on the edge of our seats,

Good Luck, and if you need Archie Sonic sprites, The Mystical Forest Zone has tons.=)

Bannipper

Bannipper

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts
I'll save that for later, when the product is finished. I have a feeling, however, that you won't be disappointed.

Kentilan

Kentilan

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Ladies and gentleman, boys and girls of all ages, I have an annoucement to make. Me and a friend of mine from school will attempt to make a fan-game with some of my characters in it, and also, there will be characters from the Archie Sonic comic book series, such as Mina Mongoose and her boyfriend Ash. This game will be a 2D-Platformer/RPG, with plenty of role-playing involved. I will be giving people reports on how game is doing soon. Expect things to get really good as the game reaches completion.

Hang on to your butts, because this game is going to be one of the best fan-games ever made. And it will be on the computer soon, if not very.

Anyway, I already can confirm a few things, thought the game hasn't even been developed yet: There will be multiple characters to play as, The bosses and enemies are going to be tough, and NiGHTS makes a cameo as a summon spell.

So, if I understand correctly...
1) it seems to be a Sonic fangame with a NiGHTS cameo, rather than a NiGHTS fangame... so I'm not sure it should be here
2) development hasn't started yet? Then you should wait before calling it "one of the best fan-games ever made". There's tons of people who have plenty of good ideas for a fan-game, they start working on it and then the project is cancelled because of lack of motivation or any other reason. I think you should at least wait until you have a demo before making an announcement. But that's just me.

Anyway, what are you making this game with? Are you using a special software, or is it just programming?

Bannipper

Bannipper

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts

So, if I understand correctly...
1) it seems to be a Sonic fangame with a NiGHTS cameo, rather than a NiGHTS fangame... so I'm not sure it should be here
2) development hasn't started yet? Then you should wait before calling it "one of the best fan-games ever made". There's tons of people who have plenty of good ideas for a fan-game, they start working on it and then the project is cancelled because of lack of motivation or any other reason. I think you should at least wait until you have a demo before making an announcement. But that's just me.

Anyway, what are you making this game with? Are you using a special software, or is it just programming?

Me and my friend from school are using flash animation.

Murasaki Doku

Murasaki Doku

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Trust me on this. The story is very solid. I made sure of that myself.

As "solid" as Banjo Kazooie was for Brawl, amirite?

Bannipper

Bannipper

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts
Look, I already finished writing out the story, and now I'm working on a few of the character icons. This will be used for the dialogue.

Also, about the fan-game. Sonic's hardly in it! This focuses around someone else. And it's not anyone that you know of, so don't think Silver or Big, okay?

And as of now, this game is in production.

Shia Hatsune

Shia Hatsune

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

As "solid" as Banjo Kazooie was for Brawl, amirite?

I demand an assist trophy of them. D:

Good luck, Bannipper :3 I'm gonna try it out when it comes.

Bannipper

Bannipper

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts
If you must know, I can tell you only this: There are fun optional bosses, one of which is both familiar and a teaser boss for the next game.

Arctides

Arctides

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
Not to get anal here, but you're talking about a Sonic fangame. This is a NiGHTS forum.

Sonic =/= NiGHTS

That's my only issue with your "project".

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..
Actually, yeah, your NiGHTS cameo doesn't make it a NiGHTS project. I'll move this to the other creative section.

Maki Izumii

Maki Izumii

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts
Ooh. what are you programming it in?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users