Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

DC 08 plans

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
Me and DiGi keep talking about our long overdue DC08 show and I'd like your input on what you think should be in it.
Our main idea is to have the community voice clip interviews again but this time on what your thoughts are months after JoD has settled in. I know a lot of fans opinons have changed or went completely awol. I'd like to know more about what you think on JoD. Do you still play it? What do you aim for now? Have you grown as a fan or quite the opposite?

I'm not asking for voice clips just now, because I'm very busy doing offline stuff for my comic, but in the next few weeks We'll be recording our show and ask for then then. So I'll let you know when to give us your opinons.

If you have any other ideas for the show, let us know here.

PS) This is not a JoD opinon topic lol. Just say what you think should be in DC08. Ta. ^_^

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Yeah, what she said.

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
  • Interests:Nerdy stuff.
Frankly, since there is a certain lack of new NiGHTS to swoon over, this sounds like a good enough idea, the voice clips I mean. I can't possibly think about what else you guys could talk about though. That's okay. You guys are creative so Im sure you'll think of something.

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
Not entirely sure of this but I think you guys should do a show where you just kick back and reminisce about the past whether it be music, games, movies, tv shows, or just personal experience. I dunno.

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
  • Interests:I like NiGHTS, Sonic games, the Nightmare Before Christmas (I wonder what would happen if Oogie and Reala met... hmmmm.....) Writing, drawing, art in any way, shape, or form, hard rock music, dancing wildly even though I can't dance for crap. I write poetry and lyrics (although they're not very good T__T) and comedy movies. I love the Dreamcast podcast that DiGi and TRiPPY put on. I also enjoy thinking outside the box. I'm what is known as a Meathead. I can laugh at myself, think outside the box, and smile. Meatheads are smarter than your average Joe, with much more common sense and the rare ability to find creative solutions to problems. My idol is a man named Jimmy Dolittle. Look him up ^.~
Maybe a reminiscing clip show from all the past Dreamcasts.

animejosse

animejosse

Dreamworld Police

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts
I'd like to see (er, hear) something about the Archie comics.

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..
I agree with Josse, ha ha! Although DiGi will run that show all on his lonesome, I'm sure. And there will be lots of cursing and the burning of some comics. I donate mine! lol!

TheOrangeNightmare

TheOrangeNightmare

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • Interests:video games, NiGHTS (duh), drawing, writing (fanfics ^^), bike riding, cats, mythical creatures

I'd like to see (er, hear) something about the Archie comics.

I agree with Josse, ha ha! Although DiGi will run that show all on his lonesome, I'm sure. And there will be lots of cursing and the burning of some comics. I donate mine! lol!

Agreed!

Meggiemaccat

Meggiemaccat

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
Um... this is probably stupid, but two words keep flashing through my mind.

Ask Valentine.

I don't quite understand why exactly 'he' is never in any of the shows, he's such an interesting character, but I'm guessing you guys have your reasons (like the fact he's not real in the first place and isn't a part of the official NiGHTS universe).

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
  • Interests:I like NiGHTS, Sonic games, the Nightmare Before Christmas (I wonder what would happen if Oogie and Reala met... hmmmm.....) Writing, drawing, art in any way, shape, or form, hard rock music, dancing wildly even though I can't dance for crap. I write poetry and lyrics (although they're not very good T__T) and comedy movies. I love the Dreamcast podcast that DiGi and TRiPPY put on. I also enjoy thinking outside the box. I'm what is known as a Meathead. I can laugh at myself, think outside the box, and smile. Meatheads are smarter than your average Joe, with much more common sense and the rare ability to find creative solutions to problems. My idol is a man named Jimmy Dolittle. Look him up ^.~
Not a bad idea, actually. Maybe 'he' could give angry and sarcastic remarks to everything that's asked of him like that bit on The Amanda Show all those years ago. Remember that show? Yeah... good times, good times.

Bonzi77

Bonzi77

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts
DC 08....The Amanda Show Edition. You could have dancing crabs, Judge Trippy, the creepy stalker DiGi stalker who, in reality, is DiGi himself...Good times...

And you could make fun of
Spoiler
hilbillies.

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
I remember "Penelope". There was actually a time where I was absolutely convinced that she and Amanda were not the same person. It took my mother literally two and a half years to convince me otherwise XD

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • Interests:Video games, NiGHTS, Sonic The Hedgehog, computer, drawing, reading, Egypt, more video games...
More jokes. Or anything that will make me laugh for that matter.

I guess you could also talk about anything new or interesting that has happened on the forums.

TehLazyOne

TehLazyOne

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Interests:um... not quite sure... collecting nostalgia, NiGHTS, making sculptures... Cartoons.... um... Voice acting... painting models...
    and i'll work up on the rest later....
bring back the "Hallo, I'm William Taylor" skits...
those were funny as hell...

Meggiemaccat

Meggiemaccat

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts

Not a bad idea, actually. Maybe 'he' could give angry and sarcastic remarks to everything that's asked of him like that bit on The Amanda Show all those years ago. Remember that show? Yeah... good times, good times.

Eh... I was thinking more along the lines of a Q&A session... ^^;;;

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • Interests:Video games, NiGHTS, Sonic The Hedgehog, computer, drawing, reading, Egypt, more video games...
Maybe you can ask about parent's or friend's reactions to the game? (Shooting in the dark with that one. )

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
I think when we get around to doing the show we're probably going to talk about JoD one last time before we close the topic altogether. It's been a few months since the game landed. We've played it, we've put it down, we've picked it up again a few months later, some opinions have changed.

So, in that light, i'm most probably gonna do our thing where we ask you guys to send in your opinions on audio but i wanna bring the time limit down a bit on each persons recording. I'm not aiming to make this a long show either. The last one that crossed over with AAUK was looooong.

Anyways, i'll let you guys know when i'll be needing voice clips and stuff.

So far, the show will contain a look back on JoD with a calmer state of mind after the dust has settled.

TheOrangeNightmare

TheOrangeNightmare

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • Interests:video games, NiGHTS (duh), drawing, writing (fanfics ^^), bike riding, cats, mythical creatures
And an idea strikes!!
You should do another sing along like last time. XD
"SUPER SONIC RACIN'!!!"

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
EXPLODING CHICKENS. "Begaawwkk*BOOM**Splat*"

Penelopi

Penelopi

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts
  • Interests:Catholicism/Catholic Church, NiGHTS (of course), Klonoa, Star Trek (except the last series, Enterprise), My Favorite Martian (60s show, not the 1999 movie), Pokemon (anime through Johto and all games), Zelda, Mega Man, reading, writing, drawing, hanging out with my friends, other fun videogames, a good joke
What if we have no equipment to make audio recordings? Is there any way we can contribute besides that?

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
I have equipment to make audio recordings, I just don't have the equipment to DO anything with it.

Pyrii

Pyrii

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

I have equipment to make audio recordings, I just don't have the equipment to DO anything with it.

I have both, but I found it easier to do weekly shows over skype with a USB headset.

Posted Image

Personally, I always wondered about the past and future of the NiGHTS story, might be an interesting show to gather opinions and talk about where the series could go, should it be more mature or keep it's childish charm etc...

When you run out of official content to talk about, always best to move onto community content, creativity works best. And keeps things fresh.

shadow1111111

shadow1111111

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts
I'm all for more sing-alongs! Maybe... "DREAMS DREAMS"? Or Another Sonic R song like Living in the City would be awesome, too! We never did get to hear DiGi's favorable opinion about the Archie comics!

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts

We never did get to hear DiGi's favorable opinion about the Archie comics!

We probably never will either. <_<

TheOrangeNightmare

TheOrangeNightmare

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts

We probably never will either.

Amen!
And yes, a'sploding chickens!!! (Maybe an owl or two?) <.< >.>

striker0

striker0

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Interests:Well this hasn't changed much. Still into video games, anime, and cooking. Gotten into gunpla very heavily in the past couple years, as well as other things.
I dunno if this was done, but maybe perhaps you can have shout-outs from people around the world?

Like they would state their username and say where they're from be it just the country, or exact state?

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
I say Pee Wee's Playhouse. TRiPPY, pick a random word that DiGi would have no idea it's the secret word. Then, whenever he says it, play a fanfare and scream loudly. Funtiemz.

Pyrii

Pyrii

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

I say Pee Wee's Playhouse. TRiPPY, pick a random word that DiGi would have no idea it's the secret word. Then, whenever he says it, play a fanfare and scream loudly. Funtiemz.

Today's secret word is: mousse

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
Or make it, like, "the" so the entire webcast is filled with fanfare and hilarious screaming. 'Cause who can say a sentence without using the word "the" at least once?

ArchangelUK

ArchangelUK

Big Brother is watching you.

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
How about we just HAVE a new show? XD

Meggiemaccat

Meggiemaccat

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
Hey, they be busy with original-comic-release-things. >( *thwaps ArchangelUK w/ a newspaper for not paying attention* Yes, I do dare to thwap a Sega employee with a newspaper. XD No hard feelings, I hope? ^^;;;

ArchangelUK

ArchangelUK

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Hey, they be busy with original-comic-release-things. >( *thwaps ArchangelUK w/ a newspaper for not paying attention* Yes, I do dare to thwap a Sega employee with a newspaper. XD No hard feelings, I hope? ^^;;;

I'm well aware of that - I'm busy telling lotsa peeps about it and boasting how amazing TRiPPY's art is. :P I'm jsut keen to listen to a new show as its been ages. :)

TRAViS

TRAViS

THE GUY THAT BOUGHT THE BETA

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts
Maybe a bunch of us should make our own spin-off show while we're waiting. :P

Seriously. I have the right software and enough technical know-how to pull it off.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
Ahahaha you know thats a good idea TRAViS, maybe you guys here at the forums can do a stand in community show for us while we're slaving away at offline stuff. I feel really bad about not having any free time to update much right now :P Granted this will only be until the comic goes into print but still i feel mehh about it.

You guys should make a podcast show to cheer us admins up XD
<3

*baps Arch with a rolled up newspaper too since its all the rage*

TRAViS

TRAViS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Ahahaha you know thats a good idea TRAViS, maybe you guys here at the forums can do a stand in community show for us while we're slaving away at offline stuff. I feel really bad about not having any free time to update much right now :P Granted this will only be until the comic goes into print but still i feel mehh about it.

You guys should make a podcast show to cheer us admins up XD
<3

*baps Arch with a rolled up newspaper too since its all the rage*

And the great TRiPPY said, "let there be audio!" And so it was done.

I'll get planning and organizing as soon as I have some time. I'll put out a new thread soon getting some ideas and requesting voice clips and questions and stuff. I don't know if I can get up to the epic hour-or-longer podcasts you guys usually do, but I'll try. XD

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Me and TRiP might record a short voice clip to throw into it if we can find the time to do so. We honestly would do a whole show but right now time is seriously against us.

Have fun with it. ;)

Meggiemaccat

Meggiemaccat

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
I suppose I could contribute if there were some desperate need for content, but I feel too nervous about doing so unless I feel obligated. ^^;;; Stupid stagefright might make me not be able to contribute at all, to be honest, but since I have no technological know-how whatsoever but still wish to help somehow... well... let's just say I have a microphone and a basic sound-recording program. ^^;;;

ArchangelUK

ArchangelUK

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
*Wraps TRiPPY's comic up in wool and opens a bag saying "Hyperactive Kittens"*

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
D: SEGA has been feeding its employees evil cornflakes!

Any progress on the podcast Trav? DiGi and i have an idea for our next one so if you're still working on it let us know ^_^ (IM BAD WITH NUMBERS)(and cannot remember what show number we're actualy on right now XD haha)

TRAViS

TRAViS

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts
Christ, that was almost a month ago I said that already? I shouldn't slack off so much... ^_^

I've been really busy though. University's been handing me paper after paper after test and such. I don't have as much free time as I used to. It makes me sad. :( So long story short, no progress. I should've been quicker on the uptake. If you want to take the next one from here go for it. It didn't seem like it gathered much interest anyway given the lack of posts in this thread...

I'm still more than willing to help out with the next DC, whether it's the more community involved one or the awesome ramblings of our favorite admins!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users