Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

My latest drawing of NiGHTS into Dreams

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Chronos

Chronos

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts
  • Interests:My interests are drawing, watching animes and tv shows, cosplaying (if u want to c my cosplaying got to DA, cosplay.com, or myspace.com/ViewtifulChronos.), play video games, play tennis, spend some time playing my ocarina, creating stories or mostly make comics and spend time with friends and family. i m not putting much but thats mostly what i m interested in and also a NiGHTSFan and a Sonicfan. There is more to say but i end it like this for now.
here are my latest drawing of NiGHTS into Dreams that i drew. the rest are in my DA if u want to c more.

NiGHTS

Posted Image

Reala

Posted Image

NiGHTS and Reala looking at the Night Sky

Posted Image

plz what u think of it and what can i do better and how u liked it

Inubu

Inubu

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Interests:Drawing,writing,movie making,voice acting,and sculpting.
O.M.G!They are sooo cute!I love this to DEATH! :huh:

Chronos

Chronos

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts
  • Interests:My interests are drawing, watching animes and tv shows, cosplaying (if u want to c my cosplaying got to DA, cosplay.com, or myspace.com/ViewtifulChronos.), play video games, play tennis, spend some time playing my ocarina, creating stories or mostly make comics and spend time with friends and family. i m not putting much but thats mostly what i m interested in and also a NiGHTSFan and a Sonicfan. There is more to say but i end it like this for now.

O.M.G!They are sooo cute!I love this to DEATH! :)

y thank you! ^.^

Sweep

Sweep

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
  • Interests:drawing, archery, writing, anime, manga, running, swimming, daydreaming, yaoi, religion, biking, INTERNET
yeah i think the eyes are very cute! they look so chibi :3

Wrenreele

Wrenreele

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Interests:Stars. Chickens.
You basically asked for a critique, so here I go.

You art has amazing potential, with some practice and patcience.

You've drawn them with very similar eyes, I feel differating their eyes would make the pieces look a little less generic and give the characters some defining differences.
Giving the characters more rounded and less... straight... bodies might. Example, in the first NiGHTS picture, her leg looks like it's suddenly out there, instead of rounding its way out there. Know what I am saying?
Your moons need some work. It looks like you drew the characters first and then added the moons after. I suggest, if this is the case, to sketch out your background before heading to the foreground.
Just a few helpful hints, and things I noticed that needed to be worked on.

:] Would like to see moar in the future!

~Tsuki~

~Tsuki~

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts
  • Interests:My main hobbies are reading, sewing, video games, manga, anime, and various other things. ^^
Those are really adorable. ^^ <3's~ Keep up the great work.

LUCiD-STUDENT

LUCiD-STUDENT

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
Just some additional critiquing comment, hope I'm not forcing in on your territory Wren.

First off, Wrenreele comment about the legs on NiGHTS (as well as for the other drawings) are true, as at the moment your drawings are rather two-dimensional (a simple mistake performed by many starting artists from what I can tell). Try adding more depth to your characters, even Craig McCracken, creator of the Powerpuff Girls (I don't know if this is the exact style you're moving toward) uses different kinds of perspective (as simple as noticing the small differences between how one leg looks longer than the other depending on how its positioned). I also have to say that its an excellent suggestion made by Wrenreele, the relationship between a character and their background and be key to a composition.
If you want any reccomendations, I could give you links to several tutorials, but otherwise its a good beginning effort. Keep drawing and keep practicing.

Also, just a small warning, don't get too wrapped up in people's compliments. Either way, your skills can always be improved and (if their comment is negative) the only person you should worry about making happy is yerself.

Any other critiquing Wren?

Wrenreele

Wrenreele

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Interests:Stars. Chickens.

Just some additional critiquing comment, hope I'm not forcing in on your territory Wren.

First off, Wrenreele comment about the legs on NiGHTS (as well as for the other drawings) are true, as at the moment your drawings are rather two-dimensional (a simple mistake performed by many starting artists from what I can tell). Try adding more depth to your characters, even Craig McCracken, creator of the Powerpuff Girls (I don't know if this is the exact style you're moving toward) uses different kinds of perspective (as simple as noticing the small differences between how one leg looks longer than the other depending on how its positioned). I also have to say that its an excellent suggestion made by Wrenreele, the relationship between a character and their background and be key to a composition.
If you want any reccomendations, I could give you links to several tutorials, but otherwise its a good beginning effort. Keep drawing and keep practicing.

Also, just a small warning, don't get too wrapped up in people's compliments. Either way, your skills can always be improved and (if their comment is negative) the only person you should worry about making happy is yerself.

Any other critiquing Wren?

You basically summed it up. That's exactly what I was trying to say, but you had better words for it. :]
I believe the artist has amazing potential, though.

KyraWolf

KyraWolf

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts
Pretty much what they said. xD

These are REALLY cute though! 8D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users