Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

time line

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Rhayader

Rhayader

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS (of course), games, gaming in general, NiGHTS, and other random stuff
hi everyone, i just thought about this yesterday so i figured i could share it with you and see what you all thought about this

so, when do you think JoD happens in the whole timeline?

is it a sequel? (after NiD)

is it a rewrite of the original game? (instead of NiD)

or is it a prequel??? (i havent seen anyone mention this one yet, so think about it for a bit)

what makes me wonder in all of this, is that (even though they are just cameos) elliot and claris got saved by the burning rangers (remember that?).
JoD could happen after those events, wich means elliot and claris are now much older (i havent seen any pics of the new kids yet. therefore, so far nothing tells us that the new kids will be the same age as elliot and claris).
a side remark to this, i have never seen any pics on the web with elliot and claris in BR, aswell as the letters they wrote.

also, some people said that the new kids could be claris and elliot's sons. that would make JoD to be located in the far future compared to NiD.

now for the prequel theory.
as far as we know elliot and claris might not have been the first dreamers that NiGHTS merged into or helped. i remember reading lots of stuff about this subject so after reading so much info i tend to get confused. please correct me if im wrong because im not sure how much of this is fiction or official info.
so NiGHTS turned away from the "Nightmare side" because of the pleads of a girl with a pure heart and also possessed the ideya of courage (this is partially told in the Archie comic, but i hate to talk about them, so meh!). now, WHAT IF the girl that turned NiGHTS into a good guy was hellen? TRiPPY stated that hellen was "frilly" so she could be from another diferent time! you never know what can happen in your dreams! you can meet people from the past or even the future, there is no time, reason, or logic in your dreams. so anything can happen!

ill be happy to hear your thoughts on this theory, so please share them

iNSOMNiAC

iNSOMNiAC

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts
I believe that it's a remake of the original game, but with a far more in-depth storyline. ^^ And...Um...May I ask what the "burning rangers" are..? I've never heard of them. oO

EDiT: Never mind, looked it up! *goes off to get the BR game on E-Bay*

NOTiC

NOTiC

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Interests:I am one who absolutely loves dreaming. It is something people do all the time but don't notice. Without dreams I'd have less life than the little I do have now ;p but yea, I'm a humorous person and I am greatly into all forms of comedy. I'll embrace anyone who wants to be a lovely internet companion of mine and YOU are automatically my friend if you had the audacity to read this whole thing.
yea, i think one of the kids will allign with Reala, which could lead to 2 alternate endings like sonic adventure 2
this post was unrelated to the thread yea i know that

captain boombatty

captain boombatty

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts
(Quite drunk about now), but i think that the new kids are actually the parents of elliot and claris and that JOD is set in the present day. there's my tuppence worth!

NOTiC

NOTiC

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Interests:I am one who absolutely loves dreaming. It is something people do all the time but don't notice. Without dreams I'd have less life than the little I do have now ;p but yea, I'm a humorous person and I am greatly into all forms of comedy. I'll embrace anyone who wants to be a lovely internet companion of mine and YOU are automatically my friend if you had the audacity to read this whole thing.
captain boombatty you're WRONG :)

captain boombatty

captain boombatty

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts
I'm wrong!?! I cant be - I haven't been wrong since 1994 (although I was drunk then as well).

Loren

Loren

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts
I'm pretty sure it's a remake. It's a shame, because they're taking the safe route out instead of trying something new >.< unless I misunderstood what I read on the scans. Then again, it's a bit too early to tell for sure.

NOTiC

NOTiC

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
i actually thought there was an unfathomable amount of content that could have been included in the original
redoing it is kind of fulfilling that wish for more of what we saw in the first. how much story did we really get from NiD? maybe 7-8 minutes total of cutscenes' worth? i think it's good that sega is giving themselves another chance to "complete" the first installment of this one-game series.

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • Interests:Video games, NiGHTS, Sonic The Hedgehog, computer, drawing, reading, Egypt, more video games...
From what I have read they said it would be a remake. That and the fact the new game isn't called NiGHTS 2. If it was a sequal wouldn't it have that in the title? Maybe not...I must be paronoid. If it is a remake I am very upset about it. If they don't include all the orginal boss characters I will be very unhappy. If it was a sequal I could understand. But I don't know. They seem to be switching between the terms actually. No one really knows what they are doing yet.

Maki Izumii

Maki Izumii

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts
it'd be cool if it were set ten years after the original <.<

AYRiES

AYRiES

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts
I personally like the idea that it's a sequel with flashbacks... so the layout of the old splash garden/spring valley levels and stuff are retconned, but only for 2 levels. And that's how Claris/Elliot are in it. Maybe NiGHTS has to persuade the new kids he's not evil? I quite like the idea of Helen being from the past... who says dreamers can't be from different time periods? Maybe that's the plot, some oh-noes-the-TIMESPACERIFT-has-OPENED! No time in nightopia also makes sense but that'd be confusing... what if they kept missing each other cause they dreamed themselves at different timeline thingies? This is melting my head...

Metra

Metra

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Interests:Getting MAD DRAWING SKILLZ, making friends, writing, drawing, NiGHTS, old games, dreaming, using &quot;Etc etc etc&quot;s in the end of phrases, etc etc etc.
I'd like to see it as a sequel. But, if they do a remake, I'll be a bit upset, but I could like it. Just make it good. XD

From what I have read they said it would be a remake. That and the fact the new game isn't called NiGHTS 2. If it was a sequal wouldn't it have that in the title? Maybe not...I must be paronoid. If it is a remake I am very upset about it. If they don't include all the orginal boss characters I will be very unhappy. If it was a sequal I could understand. But I don't know. They seem to be switching between the terms actually. No one really knows what they are doing yet.

I think that it doesn't need a "2" in the title to be a sequel. Title doesn't means anything, IMO. See, for example, Kingdom Hearts: The game starts at Kingdom Hearts, then goes to Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories and THEN Kingdom Hearts 2. KH CoM IS a sequel to KH1, and KH2 is a sequel to KH CoM.

If it's a remake, please make with a lot of secrets, new things, more sparkles, and things like that. XD

Let's wait. Or send an angry mob to discover the secrets.

Rhayader

Rhayader

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS (of course), games, gaming in general, NiGHTS, and other random stuff
i vote for the angry mob. we need more answers!!

and we know sonic team enjoys time travels. they meant to put in time traveling in sonic 2, but were forced to add postpone it till sonic cd. sonic 360 also has some stuff related to time travel, right? (sry im not very familiar with the 360 game, since everyone says its awfull)

so it would be fun for Sega to answer all those questions about NiGHTS's origins, when NiGHTS rebeled and all that

they also could have said that elliot and claris are in the game, but they could be there just on a intro video explaining all the events up till the starting point of JoD if its intended to be a sequel.

on the other hand i think i prefer for the origins of NiGHTS to be kept a secret!

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Hmm. I want it to be a sequel. I also think that's it's a whole new city and not Twin Seeds. Nobody said that NiGHTS is stricted to just Elliot, Claris and their hometown, right? He can go wherever he likes so i'm hopeing that if they do have new characters in then it should take place somewhere else as to not disturb the original magic of Twin Seeds.

This city that they're showing us does look more like 'our modern day' than compared to Twin Seeds, which is obviously set in the future. Perhaps it's still set in the future but this city is retro-futuristic. Have you watched the AniMatrix set of cartoons? Go to YouTube and watch the 'Detective Story'. That is retro-futuristic in the fact that it's set in the future but the city is built to look like 1950's Chicago. I think they might do that in this new game.
Besides, this is NiGHTS we're talkin' about. NiGHTS has always been about 'weird/crazy'. XD

captain boombatty

captain boombatty

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts

on the other hand i think i prefer for the origins of NiGHTS to be kept a secret!

Yeah - I dont like it when sequels and prequels try to things explain too much. I prefer to use my own imagination and have a bit of mystery left surrounding the story. At the very least it leaves us with things to speculate/talk/argue about in these forums!

Louis

Louis

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts
It's not like storyline matters in NiGHTS, so I don't mind either way, but I'd like to see either a sequel or a retcon. If it's a sequel then new kids, great. If it's not, erase the other game from existance and start a new :lol:

So yeah, personally I think it's one of the two.

Inubu

Inubu

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Interests:Drawing,writing,movie making,voice acting,and sculpting.

I personally like the idea that it's a sequel with flashbacks... so the layout of the old splash garden/spring valley levels and stuff are retconned, but only for 2 levels. And that's how Claris/Elliot are in it. Maybe NiGHTS has to persuade the new kids he's not evil?

I like the way you think,NiGHTS trying to persuade them huh,I can't help but think that would be funny. :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users