Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Batman Gotham Knight

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendid=92159514

Seen this droolworthy trailer promo on myspace yesterday and it made me interested even though I'm not much of a batman fan. The animation looks incredible. It seems its been done in the same sort of vein as the Animatrix was.

Neeeed.

Anyone seen this yet?

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Yeah, we saw this trailer yesterday and it looks amazing! I've never been into the whole comic book hero scene that much but after watching Batman Begins i kinda realised that some of these characters are quite cool. I'm looking forward to the new Batman film and these animations are sweeter than sweetness on a stick of sweet.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
I want to see it yes pls.

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • Interests:Video games, NiGHTS, Sonic The Hedgehog, computer, drawing, reading, Egypt, more video games...
I have always been a pretty big Batman fan. Batman is my American childhood hero. (What I mean by that is, the other childhood heroes I loved were Sonic and NiGHTS. ) I grew up watching the Batman The Animated series, looking over some of my mother's comic books, and Batman Returns filled me with all kinds of glee. However, ever since a bunch of the new cartoons and such came out for Batman, I stopped watching it and tried to not have anything to do with it anymore in order to perverse what little dignity the show still had in my mind. (Batman Forever Killed too! ARGH! That was awful! Why couldn't they have Tim Burton direct again! )

However, someone told me that Batman Begins was not that bad. And this trailer makes me want to see it and this movie all the more. I really hope it is as good as everyone thinks it is. That would make me truly happy!

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Batman Begins was awesome, yo. If you somehow have not seen it, you must ASAP. omg I can't believe you haven't seen it.

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • Interests:Video games, NiGHTS, Sonic The Hedgehog, computer, drawing, reading, Egypt, more video games...

Batman Begins was awesome, yo. If you somehow have not seen it, you must ASAP. omg I can't believe you haven't seen it.

Someone told me it was bad so I didn't see it out the time. Funny thing is I could have rented it today, but I already told my bf I was going to have him watch Batman Returns. (I didn't really want to put him through watching TWO Batman movies. Maybe I will get it when we return the movies now. Because I am regretting it at the moment....)

KiloTango

KiloTango

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts
Satoshi Kon is doing one bit of this.

I would buy it just for that even if there was nothing else good on it. (When actually, there's a bunch of cool things in this.)

SATOSHI KON BATMAN DAMMIT *flails*

Also seconding the 'dear god see Batman Begins' sentiment. It's a great film and well worth seeing. The new one looks fantastic too.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
The thing about Batman Begins is that it's more drama than over-the-top crazy action scenes. This one tells a story unlike some of the older films where it's just Batman VS a silly evil dude with cheesy punchlines. Perhaps a lot of people went to see this expecting amazing action scenes or something, i dunno. But i really enjoyed it and a lot of other people did too. It's worth a rental, in that case if you're not sure.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
I've only ever seen the first 3 old movies, everyones always on at me to watch the new stuff. I stopped watching after Arnie, lol.

Jof

Jof

Beard status: Distinctly Hobo.

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,388,607 posts
  • Interests:Making NiGHTS shine. In an oily way.
Im looking forward to this, the Animatrix was f*!*ing ace, I still pop it on now and again for some inspiration. Plus... it's freaking Batman !

Batman Begins was totally worth watching, don't worry TRiP, you're not that late, I only watched it for the first time a week or so ago. Now I can't wait to see the Dark Knight.

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
Wait so I am not the only one here thats a Batman fan that hasn't seen the Batman Begins? Now I fee better.

But yeah, I wasn't too interested because I didn't know it was going to be somewhat based off the Dark Knight comic series. (For those of you who don't know, the first two old Batman movies were based around that as well. ) It was then that it peeked my interest. I was afraid Batman Begins was done horribly like most of the other hero movies to come out during that time. Didn't that newer Superman movie come out around then? God that sucked!

You say there is a lot of Drama in Batman Begins? Well drama works quite well with Batman actually. Other hero movies with TOO much of an emphasis on drama, (Like Spiderman) it doesn't work too well with. It really depends.

And TRiPPY I stopped watching after the third movie too. I just couldn't take anymore after that one. Batman Forever was the pits! I am glad I didn't see the other one. George Clooney...WHY?!

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
I'm not sure what the fight scenes are going to be like in the next Batman movie but i remember the fight scenes in Batman Begins being less fantasy-orientated and were choreographed to look as much of a real fight as possible since Batman had only just started becoming a hero. In one fight scene where he doesn't even have his suit yet and is wearing just a black outfit with a wooly face/hat thingy, all the action shots are close up and look more serious than say, if he was to do a triple back-flip summersault round house hurricane kick with a shoryuken uppercut..... if you see what i mean? It's more realistic. The Burton films were based off nothing but fantasy so therefore it was ok as it was his style of movie making anyway. It worked. The films afterwards tried to be serious yet comicy too and it looked like a Power Ranger movie, especially that one with Arnie in it. God, what were they thinking?

It's sad that Heath Ledger died though. Apparently he made The Joker character really quit insane in the next movie and done it well. We all know the Joker was some crazy asshole anyway but apparently Heath brought out the real dark side of the Joker. I can't wait to see the next movie.

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
  • Interests:I like NiGHTS, Sonic games, the Nightmare Before Christmas (I wonder what would happen if Oogie and Reala met... hmmmm.....) Writing, drawing, art in any way, shape, or form, hard rock music, dancing wildly even though I can't dance for crap. I write poetry and lyrics (although they're not very good T__T) and comedy movies. I love the Dreamcast podcast that DiGi and TRiPPY put on. I also enjoy thinking outside the box. I'm what is known as a Meathead. I can laugh at myself, think outside the box, and smile. Meatheads are smarter than your average Joe, with much more common sense and the rare ability to find creative solutions to problems. My idol is a man named Jimmy Dolittle. Look him up ^.~
Oh God. After growing up in a household fueled by my father, who is a Batman maniac, I decided to stay far away from Batman and all associates of Batman.

But perhaps it's time to go up to the rails of the Crazy Train (bad Ozzy Osbourne joke, sorry) once again and hop on hobo-style.

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts

I'm not sure what the fight scenes are going to be like in the next Batman movie but i remember the fight scenes in Batman Begins being less fantasy-orientated and were choreographed to look as much of a real fight as possible since Batman had only just started becoming a hero. In one fight scene where he doesn't even have his suit yet and is wearing just a black outfit with a wooly face/hat thingy, all the action shots are close up and look more serious than say, if he was to do a triple back-flip summersault round house hurricane kick with a shoryuken uppercut..... if you see what i mean? It's more realistic. The Burton films were based off nothing but fantasy so therefore it was ok as it was his style of movie making anyway. It worked. The films afterwards tried to be serious yet comicy too and it looked like a Power Ranger movie, especially that one with Arnie in it. God, what were they thinking?

It's sad that Heath Ledger died though. Apparently he made The Joker character really quit insane in the next movie and done it well. We all know the Joker was some crazy asshole anyway but apparently Heath brought out the real dark side of the Joker. I can't wait to see the next movie.

Batman was always about a bit of realism in its fighting. I mean it was fantasy but a lot more realistic as opposed to X-Men or Superman. From what you are saying though that sounds a bit TOO realistic and dull to me. Granted I don't expect a haidoken coming from Batman but still....

That is true, the Dark Knight comics were a lot like the kind of things Tim Burton liked to work with so it was a lot better for him.

Yeah I know. That was just...ugh. Arnie? You mean Arnold Schwarzenegger? I have no idea how that one was. That was the fourth movie. Was it worse than the 3rd?

I feel bad for Ledger too. But from what you just said about the Joker makes me feel VERY excited. Of all the villains he is one of the ones I want to see done very well and it sounds like he was. Oh this is going to be good!

Daylight, I am sorry it is like that for you. You don't have to watch it if you really don't want to though.

TehLazyOne

TehLazyOne

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Interests:um... not quite sure... collecting nostalgia, NiGHTS, making sculptures... Cartoons.... um... Voice acting... painting models...
    and i'll work up on the rest later....
This looks really cool. The animation is spectacular...
what makes me happy about this is that Kevin Conroy (the original voice of batman from the animated series) is reprising his role.

Yeah I know. That was just...ugh. Arnie? You mean Arnold Schwarzenegger? I have no idea how that one was. That was the fourth movie. Was it worse than the 3rd?

It was the fourth movie... and YES... it was worse than the third one (in my opinion)...

This < is why you shouldn't watch it...

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Kevin Conroy is the only true voice of Bruce Wayne, in my mind. I'm glad he's in this (it is handled by the guys from the animated series, after all). I haven't seen the recent DVD Justice League movie yet, and although I've heard good things the different voice cast makes me sad panda.

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts

This looks really cool. The animation is spectacular...
what makes me happy about this is that Kevin Conroy (the original voice of batman from the animated series) is reprising his role.

It was the fourth movie... and YES... it was worse than the third one (in my opinion)...

LOL! I am glad I didn't see that movie even more now. XD

KiloTango

KiloTango

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts

LETS KICK SOME ICE.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users