Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Wolf

Wolf

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
Avatar has become one of my favorite American cartoons of all time. Unfortunately, Nickelodeon hasn't aired a new episode in months, even though all of the third season is finished. It is the final season, but the creators have said that they already have ideas for a new series (with new characters) set in the same universe. Still, it seems that Nickelodeon is reluctant to air the new episodes. Two episodes that have not yet aired in the United States HAVE aired in Canada and the UK (and I've been so fortunate as to have seen them both), but I have to say that I'm tired of waiting.

Your thoughts on the series?

Nemoide

Nemoide

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1092 posts
  • Interests:Things
I never got too into it because I would only watch an odd episode here or there. It does have impressive animation though.
I would not be opposed to watching it if I received DVDs as a gift but I have trouble sticking to a schedule of when things air on TV.

Wolf

Wolf

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
I've got the lot of the series on my computer. I never would have been able to catch all of the episodes otherwise.

andersam

andersam

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts
  • Interests:Things that are interesting
man, thats just what I was wondering. I live over by the mall of america in Minnesota and they just recentlly turned the indoor theme park into Nicktoons universe. They have an Avatar roller coaster. ^_^ I haven't seen an episode seince season 2's finale. (Zuko and Katara? together? NOOOOO!!!)

Nymph

Nymph

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Interests:I'm a fanfic writer and an AMV maker. I like videogames, writing and just hanging out with friends.
I love this series, it's one of the only TV shows I watch nowadays. It's also the cartoon that got me interested in script writing. I have the DVD box sets for seasons one and two and plan to buy the third season as well. Honestly I cna't wait for the third season, I've heard that they'll start airing new episodes in April, but I'm not real sure.

Wolf

Wolf

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
I'd love to see new episodes whenever they might feel like airing them... I have seen two episodes more than they have aired in the US because they aired them in the UK and Canada, so unless they start airing them on a regular basis again, it probably won't even matter. Anyway, Avatar is nifty.

Who's your favorite character?

Dark Magician

Dark Magician

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • Interests:Creative writing, drawing, video games, manga/anime, and astronomy. Writing more would probably take too much time.
Finally someone's prayers were answered and new episodes of Avatar were played. Tonight at 8:00 pm on channel 228, the final episode (or episodes) depicting the battle against the Fire Lord will be aired. Sadly I'm going to miss it because of my foolish job, so don't forget to watch it.

Oh, and I technically don't have a favorite character here... all of them (except for Azula, the Seed of Chucky) seem to be able to grow on you :).

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2949 posts
I've wanted to follow Avatar for a while, so I took advantage with the marathon they played this week..

(also not sure about favorite character)

Mitsuu

Mitsuu

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts
It was really funny when they announced the week of "World Premier" episodes, 'cause they didn't actually show a new episode until Thursday. The first four they showed Monday through Wednesday were all old.

I love this show, and unfortunately I missed the finale 'cause I went to see Dark Knight(well worth it even if you're only going to see Ledger's brilliant performance). My favourite characters, in order, are; Sokka, Tof, Uncle Iroh, Zuko, Ozai, and the Cabbage Man. It's sad when you like the Fire Lord more than the main character... and his lover. Oh well, at least I'm pretty sure I spelled some of their names wrong.

infractus

infractus

former Secretary of Balloon Doggies

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • Interests:Anything, everything, because I like things.
Seriously... the finale was absolutely phenomenal.
Watch it.

Nickelodeon is incredibly stupid and is NOT showing it again anytime soon, unlike what they did when they did The Drill/Ba Sing Se episode and the finale to Book 2. There are .. places .. you can find the episodes, although the DVD comes out toward the end of the month. I think it's the 29th.

As for a favorite character, it's really hard to choose. However- I've got to give mad props to the foamy guy from early Book 1, otherwise nicknamed "Frothers." heh.

Nymph

Nymph

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Interests:I'm a fanfic writer and an AMV maker. I like videogames, writing and just hanging out with friends.
Absolutely phanomenal season finale, I'm an completely satisfied with the way the series ended. I also liked how Aang handled Ozai at the end, it was very well done.

Congradulations Avatar, you gave made Nickelodeon watchable for three more years. And it was well worth it :)

As for favorite character, I'd have to say all of them in the end except Long Feng. I never liked Long Feng since I first set eyes on him. ^_^

Mitsuu

Mitsuu

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts
Yay, watched it online and it was pretty awesome. I also enjoyed the way Aang handled the Phoenix King 'cause they made too big of a deal about killing for him to end up killing the guy. I kinda wanted to see Zuko reunite with his mother, though. The fight with Azula was totally and completely... awesome. I like that word.

Alanora

Alanora

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
  • Interests:Getting into trouble, music, games, more music, being lazy, hanging out with friends, drawing, collecting NiGHTS drawings, poking people with pointy sticks for the fun of it
Wow, they finally got around to airing the last episodes?

...CRAP! I missed them. All of them. I also went to see Dark Knight instead. At least the last DVD's coming out soon.

My fave's always been Toph. I started watching the show around the time she popped up in season two, and it's fun to see her pop jokes at her own blindness. Iroh's also a fave, cuz, well... Mako ROCKS.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users