Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Ica's Artsies

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Icachan

Icachan

Undercover.

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts
  • Interests:Pretty much everything and then some.
Two new pictures after a massive oekaki orgy. :3

Posted Image

Posted Image

You can find the previous two pictures at my DA account.

Sierra

Sierra

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
  • Interests:Books, gaming, animals, books, my computer, writing. Oh, did I mention books?
Shiney Ideya.. *shakes head* geh! Why am I so attracted to ideya!? Anyways, I lurvs it. Very nice job you two did.

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..
Oh! You updated it with the patterns! Very cool! *Steals it for desktop a second time*
Again, I really really love this, thanks so much for colouring it, it came out beautiful! *hug* I usually dislike my own work, but you made me forget that I drew it and I like it now. *Snort*

Icachan

Icachan

Undercover.

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts

Oh! You updated it with the patterns! Very cool! *Steals it for desktop a second time*
Again, I really really love this, thanks so much for colouring it, it came out beautiful! *hug* I usually dislike my own work, but you made me forget that I drew it and I like it now. *Snort*

XDXD Yeah, I fixed it up earlier today.. forgot to tell you! D: Sorry~ And no disliking! You do great pictures! D<
I guess all artists are a bit like that though...

Icachan

Icachan

Undercover.

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts
*bumps up* Updated!

~Tsuki~

~Tsuki~

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts
  • Interests:My main hobbies are reading, sewing, video games, manga, anime, and various other things. ^^
*o* So shiny and prettyful. <3's~ You and Purg make a great team. ^__^

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..
Ba ha ha!! I really like that one you updated with! :blink:

KiloTango

KiloTango

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts
As you asked for crit... *puts on critical gloves*

I'm gonna focus on the top image. The colouring on the figure is generally strong and fits nicely with the lineart, but there is something odd about the background. It seems like you've blurred it to make it out of focus, but not all the edges as as blurred as each other on the same object, that makes it looks more like you've just painted some with a soft brush rather than simulating depth of field. You can also get the sense of distance with colours: things further away often look a little less vivid than close up objects as well as being out of focus. The grass is nice but it might look better if some went in front of the windmill bases, to make them look more like they're on top of it. and also a little more shadowing could help give a better sense of form. Things have a little form shadow but no cast shadow in this, which looks a little odd. I'm also a bit confused on the light source, as the one just behind NiGHTS has it coming from the right and the next one back from the left. If this is because the Ideya are glowing, then a little reflected colour in them could help, and also making the glow of the Ideya lighten the things around them instead of being a halo of their normal colour, which looks much less like glow. There could also be more contrast between the ground and the front bit of grass, it kinda gets lost.

All of these things can be worked on in this peice and should make the background much stronger. It is a good start, but it can be much better. :)

Icachan

Icachan

Undercover.

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts

As you asked for crit... *puts on critical gloves*

I'm gonna focus on the top image. The colouring on the figure is generally strong and fits nicely with the lineart, but there is something odd about the background. It seems like you've blurred it to make it out of focus, but not all the edges as as blurred as each other on the same object, that makes it looks more like you've just painted some with a soft brush rather than simulating depth of field. You can also get the sense of distance with colours: things further away often look a little less vivid than close up objects as well as being out of focus. The grass is nice but it might look better if some went in front of the windmill bases, to make them look more like they're on top of it. and also a little more shadowing could help give a better sense of form. Things have a little form shadow but no cast shadow in this, which looks a little odd. I'm also a bit confused on the light source, as the one just behind NiGHTS has it coming from the right and the next one back from the left. If this is because the Ideya are glowing, then a little reflected colour in them could help, and also making the glow of the Ideya lighten the things around them instead of being a halo of their normal colour, which looks much less like glow. There could also be more contrast between the ground and the front bit of grass, it kinda gets lost.

All of these things can be worked on in this peice and should make the background much stronger. It is a good start, but it can be much better. :)

Thank you! I've just started to paint landscapes, so critique like this is really helpful. I'm going to remember this when I work on landscapes in the future.

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
  • Interests:Pokemon and sonic team games.
Took me long enough to get here. I tell you what though, I love these. Especially the first one, that shows talent.

Icachan

Icachan

Undercover.

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts
Wow! I thought this thread had disappeared into oblivion. XD
Thanks for the comment Tangocat! I'm glad you like them! :)

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
  • Interests:Pokemon and sonic team games.
Tell me if you do any more.

Wizeman1213

Wizeman1213

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts
  • Interests:NiD, NiD, and more NiD
Awesome job! No critiquing from this member! :)

Icachan

Icachan

Undercover.

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts
Bumping it up with new pictures.

KittyWhiggles

KittyWhiggles

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts
Love the second one. XD <3

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
... why did i not know that artist was you on the oekaki? XD god i'm dense.

LOVING the arts.

~Tsuki~

~Tsuki~

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts
  • Interests:My main hobbies are reading, sewing, video games, manga, anime, and various other things. ^^
The news drawings look awsome~! <3's~ I love how you did Reala's gold star trail. :lol:

Guest_submas13_*

Guest_submas13_*
  • Guests
Its pretty good. You should try to do some cartoony Reala drawings too...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users