Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Official Image Assistance?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Poll: Reala Cosplay... (21 member(s) have cast votes)

...Old School or New School?

1. Old School (7 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

2. New School (w/o armor/persona) (6 votes [28.57%])

Percentage of vote: 28.57%

3. New School (4 votes [19.05%])

Percentage of vote: 19.05%

4. a Creative Combination! (4 votes [19.05%])

Percentage of vote: 19.05%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Hysteric Polaris

Hysteric Polaris

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts
Okay, so...I can't sew for beans and therefore want to commission NiD cosplays from LimeBarb.com.

The two cosplays I'm ordering are Reala for myself and Jackle for my bf.
So the poll is asking "Which version of Reala should I cosplay?"
I'm most familiar with JoD Reala because I've never played the original, but NiD Reala would probably be simpler and cheaper...which would you want to see? (lol either way I wanna try building myself a kickass throne for the photoshoot <3)

Initially, I sent images I found on NiD.com as the reference images (to get general price quotes)...but they only replied with a JoD Reala quote, saying that they required higher resolution images for old school Reala and Jackle to give accurate price quotes.

So...here's my main question... Does anyone have or know where I can find high-res/high-quality references for old school Reala and Jackle? Images and vids work.

If there aren't any, can anyone link me to fanart that is hi-res/high quality and accurate? I'm not going to steal/take credit for the artwork or anything, I just need it to send to them as a reference for the cosplay.

Murasaki Doku

Murasaki Doku

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts
I'd go with JoD Reala because of the following reasons:

1. You'd be the first JoD Reala.
2. You'd be able to brag about the cojones you have to cosplay JoD Reala.
3. You'll be paying for a cosplay that is unique.
4. You'll make the folks on LimeBarb.com wonder why they got in the cosplaying business in the first place.

That said, there aren't nearly as many high-resolution pictures for Reala than you'd find of NiGHTS. I'd suggest screencaping the playthrough of JoD by DerfsonicGaming on YouTube. Instead of a few high-res pictures. you'll have a buttload of closeups. Because of Reala's less-than-rare appearances, I'm quite sure you'll find several useful camera angles.

Hysteric Polaris

Hysteric Polaris

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts

I'd go with JoD Reala because of the following reasons:

1. You'd be the first JoD Reala.
2. You'd be able to brag about the cojones you have to cosplay JoD Reala.
3. You'll be paying for a cosplay that is unique.
4. You'll make the folks on LimeBarb.com wonder why they got in the cosplaying business in the first place.

That said, there aren't nearly as many high-resolution pictures for Reala than you'd find of NiGHTS. I'd suggest screencaping the playthrough of JoD by DerfsonicGaming on YouTube. Instead of a few high-res pictures. you'll have a buttload of closeups. Because of Reala's less-than-rare appearances, I'm quite sure you'll find several useful camera angles.

lol good points XD but I don't need better pixorz of JoD Reala...his were absolutely fabulous <3 (I would love to thank Maresuke's wonderful Reala's Black Black Heart vid on YouTube for all the great shots I got!)

When I got the quote on JoD Reala's cost, I could tell they were scared by the commitment...the price quote was well over $1,000.00! Insane! XD Price isn't an object, but it IS an obstacle. x_x In the end, it'll be so epic though!

Any suggestions for getting higher resolution images of Jackle though? The old school characters are my real problem...

Meggiemaccat

Meggiemaccat

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
I'm afraid that the only way to get high-res images of Jackle is to... ohwaitaminute! You can try to find downloadable footage of Jackle's PS2 bossfight! Those would probably be the highest resolution pictures out there (aside from the one on the Japanese website, which doesn't give a backview) and they'd show the back of his cape. ^-^ ..... But are there any out there anyone knows of? O---o; *forgets whether or not its come out yet and feels utterly stupid, but doesn't want to take the time to go check right now* If it has, you could ask someone (here) who has the game to take some footage (preferably not videotape) of it. You could cut screenshots from that from many different angles and send those to them.

Hysteric Polaris

Hysteric Polaris

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts

If it has,

Yes, it has...my bf got it already. *jealous*

you could ask someone (here) who has the game to take some footage (preferably not videotape) of it.

^---OFFICIAL CRY FOR ASSISTANCE RIGHT THAR IF ANYBODY CAN DO THIS FOR ME TnT
I'D REALLY APPRECIATE IT

Meggiemaccat

Meggiemaccat

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
Ehhh... I'm starting to wonder if there're problems with that idea of mine... I know people were able to do it with the original game, but can they do it with an imported PS2 game? 0-----o;;;;; *suddenly feels rather stupid*

Hysteric Polaris

Hysteric Polaris

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Ehhh... I'm starting to wonder if there're problems with that idea of mine... I know people were able to do it with the original game, but can they do it with an imported PS2 game? 0-----o;;;;; *suddenly feels rather stupid*

I don't see why you couldn't...what would cause a problem?

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
I say old school because I love old school gaming. The same goes for Ocarina of Time Link over Twilight Princess Link.

Mayura

Mayura

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
While either one would be incrediably awesome, I would most likely go with the JoD version. You would be the first JoD Reala cosplayer and it's a very spiffy detailed costume. $1000 is a lot though... I wonder how much of a difference it would be for NiD Reala.

Hysteric Polaris

Hysteric Polaris

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts

While either one would be incrediably awesome, I would most likely go with the JoD version. You would be the first JoD Reala cosplayer and it's a very spiffy detailed costume. $1000 is a lot though... I wonder how much of a difference it would be for NiD Reala.

With the estimates she gave me for each item in the cosplay, I'd estimate that NiD Reala's cosplay would cost around $600.

But as I've said, money's no big deal...I can save up! Of course, with all the money I'll have sunk into a JoD Reala cosplay, I'd better get a hell of a lot of use out of it! I'd probably take it to a ton of conventions. XD

One thing that bothers me about cosplaying Reala is that, 1) I've got a rather high-pitched voice, 2) I'm very short, and, 3) I've got boobs. (rolluf) I'd have to make sure I look identical and that my attitude is spot on to be convincing! I'd try to be the best Reekun I could be!!

I'm sure my bf will be a great Jackle though...he's tall and can imitate his voice so well!
(But I guess that's a benefit...Jackle's a lot bigger than Reala anyway, isn't he?)

phosphorus

phosphorus

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts
Classic Reala hs a high pitched voice. "There is no NiGHTS"

Mayura

Mayura

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

With the estimates she gave me for each item in the cosplay, I'd estimate that NiD Reala's cosplay would cost around $600.

But as I've said, money's no big deal...I can save up! Of course, with all the money I'll have sunk into a JoD Reala cosplay, I'd better get a hell of a lot of use out of it! I'd probably take it to a ton of conventions. XD

One thing that bothers me about cosplaying Reala is that, 1) I've got a rather high-pitched voice, 2) I'm very short, and, 3) I've got boobs. (rolluf) I'd have to make sure I look identical and that my attitude is spot on to be convincing! I'd try to be the best Reekun I could be!!

I'm sure my bf will be a great Jackle though...he's tall and can imitate his voice so well!
(But I guess that's a benefit...Jackle's a lot bigger than Reala anyway, isn't he?)

Well if money is no object then I say go JoD =D

I don't know how into cosplay you are but cosplay.com has some excellent threads about binding if you're thinking about that. I've never done it before myself but some of my friends have and it is an effective way to get rid of boobage ^^;

Also, those dollar figures scare me if I ever decide to cosplay NiGHTS @.@

Hysteric Polaris

Hysteric Polaris

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Classic Reala hs a high pitched voice. "There is no NiGHTS"

I've never played the original so I've never heard that famous quote. TnT *fails at being a NiGHTS fan* Can you link me to a video that will let me hear it?

I don't know how into cosplay you are but cosplay.com has some excellent threads about binding if you're thinking about that. I've never done it before myself but some of my friends have and it is an effective way to get rid of boobage ^^;

I'm new to cosplay. Long time lurker...have done a few closet ghetto cosplays for Halloween parties...but that's it.

animejosse

animejosse

Dreamworld Police

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts

I've never played the original so I've never heard that famous quote. TnT *fails at being a NiGHTS fan* Can you link me to a video that will let me hear it?

Here you go!

Meggiemaccat

Meggiemaccat

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts

I don't see why you couldn't...what would cause a problem?

Compatibility with American computers (or whatever people used to record NiD game-footage without filming the television set).

Hysteric Polaris

Hysteric Polaris

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Here you go!

*watches the whole battle* Whoa....cool!! >u< You can hear him loud and clear too!
(I can't imagine having to paraloop Reala...x_x"" I suck so bad at paralooping!)

I might be able to imitate that one...I shall try my best!! <3

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
Woah i didn't realise how many of my favourite cosplayers on Cosplay.com don't actually make their own costumes @_@;

Even from Limebarb, $1000 is a bit too much even for JoD Reala, his outfit construction-wise wouldn't cost that much for materials. It cost me like £100 roughly in materials for mine and that thing is COVERED in crap, Reala's JoD costume isn't that detailed, the only thing that might merit over $200 would be the hip armour.

Their costumes may look pretty but please shop around before putting any money down on something you're not going to wear every day.

Saying that, SEND IN PHOTOS XP haha

Hysteric Polaris

Hysteric Polaris

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Woah i didn't realise how many of my favourite cosplayers on Cosplay.com don't actually make their own costumes @_@;

That's why I don't plan on joining cosplay.com. XD I did make ONE cosplay all on my own (held together with LOTS of glue and shoe laces...dammit I wish I could sew...), but when I joined cosplay.com to post it, they removed it because I'd never used it at a convention...only on Halloween. It's not my fault no conventions happen around here! ><

Even from Limebarb, $1000 is a bit too much even for JoD Reala, his outfit construction-wise wouldn't cost that much for materials. It cost me like £100 roughly in materials for mine and that thing is COVERED in crap, Reala's JoD costume isn't that detailed, the only thing that might merit over $200 would be the hip armour.

The most expensive thing was those $250 boots actually. o.o The armor was a close second; I think you nailed that estimate actually!

Their costumes may look pretty but please shop around before putting any money down on something you're not going to wear every day.

Thanks for the concern! <3 I'm very stingy, so trust me, I would love nothing more than to find a cheaper price...but I can't find anywhere else that does cosplay commissions. TnT Do you happen to know any?

Saying that, SEND IN PHOTOS XP haha

I planned on posting photos for people to see, but when you say "send in photos", do you mean to NiD.com? Would you even permit me to since we won't have made them ourselves...?

Moonlighttrill

Moonlighttrill

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts
  • Interests:Music, Designing, Writing, NiGHTS, Zelda, Tennis (as of latey i haven't played it but I have wii sports and Sega Superstar Tennis), chasing busses to get around town, scaring off neighbors by showing my teeth and growling.
I am soooooooo expecting a thrashing for this, but, daresay look at the comics for Jackle pics? Maybe even Reala if you want old school? Well, if anyone cares to find me i won't be hiding behind the barn from the comic haterz. kthxbai

Hysteric Polaris

Hysteric Polaris

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts
OMG BEST IDEA YET I NEVER THOUGHT OF THAT THANK YOU!!!!!!!!! >u< *rushes off to forage for Jackle images from comics*

Meggiemaccat

Meggiemaccat

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
..... I never thought of that, either. Fantastic job, Moonlight. X3 *goes to look and see how much artistic license Archie took with that particular character*

EDIT: ..... You might only want to use that for the claw details (which are admittedly awesome, even though his hat looks like someone splashed paint all over him) and maybe his shoes. He's done well on the cape details. *smacks self for offering sleepy opinion* I'm gonna go sleep now. XPPPP

Hysteric Polaris

Hysteric Polaris

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts

..... I never thought of that, either. Fantastic job, Moonlight. X3 *goes to look and see how much artistic license Archie took with that particular character*

EDIT: ..... You might only want to use that for the claw details (which are admittedly awesome, even though his hat looks like someone splashed paint all over him) and maybe his shoes. He's done well on the cape details. *smacks self for offering sleepy opinion* I'm gonna go sleep now. XPPPP

I'm thinking about just drawing myself a reference. Would you guys be willing to critique it for details?

Meggiemaccat

Meggiemaccat

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
I had another brilliant idea; find someone who has that pinball thing NiGHTS was in on... one of the gameboy systems, I think. XPPPP I remember seeing that Jackle was one of the bosses for NiGHTS, and it is pixelart. I guess pixelart can only go so far in accuracy, but it might help. ^^;;;;;;

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users