Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

NiGHTS in Brawl

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

tinfoil

tinfoil

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts
What do you think his moveset would be?

I would go for this:
Standard Smash: Paraloop, Flies in the direction that he is facing and if he hits an enemy he paraloops then for damage.

Side Smash: Drill Dash, Preforms a Drill Dash in the direction indicated.

Down Smash: Not sure, maybe a persona attack?

Up Smash: Twinkle Dust, Gains ability to fly temporarily, similar to Pit's Wings of Icarus.

Taunts:
One is has to be the pose he does with the dreamer when you finish a mare in NID.
Another would be him playing the invisible flute like in the beginning of Delight City.
The third could be one of his acrobatic moves.

Alternate colors would be the standard purple, also there would be blue, green, and red. Another one could be Reala's color scheme.

His stage could be one from NID. Probably Frozen Bell or Pure Valley. THe music in the stage would be the stages music from the game, or a version of Dreams Dreams.

What do you guys think?

Coolmatt49

Coolmatt49

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
I think that would be awesome. I could just picture NiGHTS as a playable character in SSBB.

Sk8teland85

Sk8teland85

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
NiGHTS would be unique that is for sure. I wonder what NiGHTS could have as a Final Smash though.

tinfoil

tinfoil

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts
Hmm...never thought of a Final Smash...what about...some sort of Pian army! Kind of like Dedede's Waddle Dees.

Deraj

Deraj

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts
  • Location:Some little spot of nowhere. No, not that spot. Some other spot.
Final Smash would probably be a huge-a** paraloop that encompasses the entire background of the stage, and Pians start getting sucked in from the foreground. Pian hits you, you get sucked in for massive damage. XD The only downside would be that it wouldn't necesarrily knock you off the stage, considering it's a suction attack...

phosphorus

phosphorus

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts
Perhaps how NiGHTS's "jumps" could work: Holding down the jump button lets you fly, but NiGHTS gradually loses speed and eventually falls.

And I think NiGHTS's final smash sould be the Land Master.

Buts seriously, I imagine several of NiGHTS tricks sped up would serve as various smash, tilt, and aerial attacks.

As for specials...

B: draws a circle with his hand, leaving a trail, forming a little paraloop.

Side B: a Drill Dash with limited range

Down B: A downward Drill dash that goes till it reaches the ground

up B: crap, I don't know. Up B is always the hardest, IMO

taunts:

up: the invisaflute

side: the victory dance from after you beat a boss in NiD

down: shows teeth

Final Smash: Bonus Time Start! (Or just merge, Dualize mush die) NiGHTS controls as though he were in NiD.

Guest_Scapegoat_*

Guest_Scapegoat_*
  • Guests
How would NiGHTS move without flying?

His final smash could be transforming into two NiGHTS (Wizeman battle) or transform into a giant NiGHTS that deals heavy damage to everyone like in Crystal Castle. Or maybe a SuperPian could come in and do what he does. :D

phosphorus

phosphorus

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts

How would NiGHTS move without flying?

His final smash could be transforming into two NiGHTS (Wizeman battle) or transform into a giant NiGHTS that deals heavy damage to everyone like in Crystal Castle. Or maybe a SuperPian could come in and do what he does. :P

I imagine he'd drift on the ground, rather than walk, but at a much smaller angle than, say Mewtwo. The problem with the dual NiGHTS is that neither of them are made stronger than NiGHTS usually is, kinda taking the point out of a final smash. and Giant NiGHTS might seem redundant next to the mushroom, cause it already does that.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Ah, this idea has been discussed before, go to the Brawl thread in Other Games to see, we had some ideas bouncing around there

Maybe he could also use his Rocket Persona to do some kind of Super Drill Dash that bounces around the screen like when Spider-Man does a Maximum Spider, or when Ristar lets go of a warp lever thing and you bounce around (which would be one of Ristar's moves if he were in Brawl)

ENiGMA

ENiGMA

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
I think NiGHTS would be more suited as a Assist Trophy, like summon him and he will drill into opponent into the air and then paraloop them.

WOLFNiGHTS2703

WOLFNiGHTS2703

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Interests:Fangirling Reala :P Drawing reading, playing NiGHTS JOD ( duh) paralooping everyone I see immediatley :D<br /> surfing the net on a surf board :P
Oh I would SO badly love that if he was in Brawl...................................................This is really scarin' me now..........It feels like the used to be Nintendo forums when we discuss something Brawl realated, becuase i used to have such cool ideas,I`m suprised that I NEVER got my butt into trouble, the way I used to behave!

*sighs dreamily*I do wish they would put NiGHTS in there, it would be fun. He`d be one of the fastest characters in there!

EB-G

EB-G

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Interests:Nintendo (characters, video games and stuff), NiGHTS, drawing, mechas, aliens, my OCs, and designing my OCs/fan characters and Nintendo and NiGHTS people
NiGHTS won't be in SSBB but..

Standard smash--Paraloop (NiGHTS targets an opponent near him then paraloops)

Side smash--Drill dash (Charges in a specific direction, can also fly with a Drill dash.If NiGHTS moves,avoids or attacks his opponents more often, his dash meter will heal)

Down smash--Persona (Starting dolphin>rocket>dragon)

Up smash--Nightopians-5 pians lift NiGHTS for a few seconds (Nightmaren Minions instead if you're UV) or just a Rocket persona to give NiGHTS a boost once

Final smash--Dualize (Aims at his enemies and controls them for a brief period which NiGHTS can hurt him/her or drop him/her out of the field.
or
Triple Persona--Uses the power of all NiGHTS' persona masks that can damage opponents up to 50% or higher (similar to PT's FS, Triple Finish)
or
I've been thinking if UV NiGHTS to be NiGHTS' special FS (If he is wanted to show himself). Anyway, as NiGHTS breaks the Smash Ball, he turns a little dark and the way NiGHTS fights is harsh; he transforms into UV. (similar to Samus into ZSS) As controlling UV NiGHTS, his stats are the same as NiGHTS. When UV gets a Smash ball, he turns back into normal NiGHTS. (any brawlers close to UV during the transformation process will get inside the vortex and receives a massive damage)

Others:
-Has gliding abilities like Pit & MetaKnight; NiGHTS can fly anytime but he'll be very vulnerable by aerial attacks which he's easy to get owned
-NiGHTS doesn't Wall Cling but UV can
-NiGHTS and UV can crawl

Taunts:
1-Plays his flute, Dreams Dreams (short)
2-Victory pose from JoD (2p race/battle)
3-Says "Du-al-lize"

Taunts (UV):
1-Twirls his tail and says "Is that the best you got?"
2-Takes off his hat and puts it back on
3-Looks at his gem glowing

Victory poses in Brawl:
1-Backflips and bows
2-He makes a "standing at the tower" pose and plays his invisible flute
3-Makes a cute smile and sits while floating

Victory poses (UV):
1-Swings his right arm and grips his left hand
2-Cracks both of his hands
3-Lands on the floor and smirks

I also thought about Reala's movesets and others if you want me to type it down.

Murder's Last Crow

Murder's Last Crow

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
I've always wanted to create a moddable smash bros. type game, just so people can create their own characters, items, and stages. ^o^ I'll do it eventually, I'm sure. XD And I'll sell it as an original game, but end up making all the Smash Bros. Characters for it anyway! BWAHAHA!

But seriously, I'm a game developer, so I could do it if I got paid to.

phosphorus

phosphorus

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts
OK, I think a couple of people here are confusing special moves with smash moves. Specials are the moves you get when you press B. you get smash moves when you press A at the same time as you tap th stick in any cardinal direction.

And I hardly think NiGHTS would need nightopians to lift him. maybe something like Pit's thing could be NiGHTS's up+B.

And also, I didn't like the personas, or the words dualize, twinkle dust, and visitor (I preferred these things not having names). I prefer NiGHTS's classic design (the new NiGHTS seems less lively), but I like th gloves. I always thought NiGHTS's hands looked a little bit out of place.

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
If NiGHTS were put into Smash Bros everyone over at the GT forums would go WTF? we wanted Megaman and then I'd get into a mean flame war with everyone cuz I get down like that ^_^

phosphorus

phosphorus

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts
Ughhhh, Megaman...

The most annoying character in MvC. And I'm not referring to his moves. No, it's his voice. And how he calls out attack names. In Japanese. It gets grating amazingly fast. I would not be pleased is he was in Brawl. Best Capcom Character for Brawl? Jin Satome, in my opinion.

And, kind of a strange taunt idea for NiGHTS: making a walking motion a inch or so off the ground, laughing. as in, parodying them for needing to walk.

Nyclone

Nyclone

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts
  • Interests:If I'm on a NiGHTS themed forum, than what do you think my interests are!? Aside from that: Video games, drawing, writing songs, acting like an idiot, listening to the same bloody songs over and over, My fanmaren, and dreams are about it. :D
For a Stage, Dream Gate would be good, but I think ENiGMA's right, NiGHTS is better off as an Assist Trophy...

Empa

Empa

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Interests:Robots, Megaman, Rocky Horror, Shadowcasts, Costumes/Costuming, Art, Cartoons, Pokemon, Videogames, Music, ect.

For a Stage, Dream Gate would be good, but I think ENiGMA's right, NiGHTS is better off as an Assist Trophy...

I agree with you guys too. I mean, it'd probably be a cool idea to have Nights as an actual playable character, but an Assist trophy would be interesting too.

tinfoil

tinfoil

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts
Yeah, Playable would be awesome, but Assist Trophy would've been more likely.

trueBLUE

trueBLUE

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
Well, Brawl has been out for a while, and there has been no other confirmation for other Sega characters as playable characters/assist trophies, only Sonic is playable and Shadow is an Assist Trophy. Boo. :(

NiGHTS as a playable character would work, but his special moves would be <in my personal opinion>: (Standard) Aerial Trick; (Side-Attack) Drill Dash; (Down-Attack) ???; (Up-Attack) Boost of flight, and keep with the spirit of NiGHTS by making him able to fly anyway he wants, and able to perform paraloops.

An assist trophy is far easier though. All NiGHTS should do is fly around, and perform a paraloop or two.

Nyclone

Nyclone

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts
  • Interests:If I'm on a NiGHTS themed forum, than what do you think my interests are!? Aside from that: Video games, drawing, writing songs, acting like an idiot, listening to the same bloody songs over and over, My fanmaren, and dreams are about it. :D
Or catipult Maren-Ballons all over the field.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Yay now that I'm more familiar with the mechanics of the game I'll make up my own move list thusly..

Standard- NiGHTS jabs, throwing out some Twinkle Dust that counts for three hits, plus the Paraloop (done normally.. inflicts little damage but sends opponent away from the arena. The larger the loop, the further from the stage the character will emerge.)
combo- two jabs followed by a string of acrobatics
Smash maneuver is the Drill Dash; works with all directions
taunt- Makes the wide grin face like in the intro for NiD
taunt 2- plays flute
taunt 3- takes a bow

Final Smash- Giant Loop; sucks in everybody and rockets them off the stage, inflicting damage in the process; even if NiGHTS can Paraloop normally, the difference here is that he makes the loop twice as fast, and it forms regardless of any obstacles. Plus it's a larger loop than his Dust normally allows.

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
  • Interests:I like NiGHTS, Sonic games, the Nightmare Before Christmas (I wonder what would happen if Oogie and Reala met... hmmmm.....) Writing, drawing, art in any way, shape, or form, hard rock music, dancing wildly even though I can't dance for crap. I write poetry and lyrics (although they're not very good T__T) and comedy movies. I love the Dreamcast podcast that DiGi and TRiPPY put on. I also enjoy thinking outside the box. I'm what is known as a Meathead. I can laugh at myself, think outside the box, and smile. Meatheads are smarter than your average Joe, with much more common sense and the rare ability to find creative solutions to problems. My idol is a man named Jimmy Dolittle. Look him up ^.~

Well, Brawl has been out for a while, and there has been no other confirmation for other Sega characters as playable characters/assist trophies, only Sonic is playable and Shadow is an Assist Trophy. Boo. :(

Shadow is an assist trophy?! Why was I not informed of this?! *plays game endlessly trying to get it*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users