Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Yu-Gi-Oh! TRADING CARD GAME

• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts
  • Interests:Lots of stuff. Too much stuff.

Then take your own advice and don't act like she's better than me. If you were trying to tell me not to be so harsh, you should have said exactly that rather than getting on my case, saying I know practically nothing.

Well sorry @_@. Just don't like it when someone likes to put down my friends by acting like they're better then them.

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • Interests:Video games, NiGHTS, Sonic The Hedgehog, computer, drawing, reading, Egypt, more video games...
LOL I edited my previous post too.

And its ok SUSPi. I appriciate you defending me, just be careful and don't make others feel too bad too.

NNR07

NNR07

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts
  • Interests:Lots of stuff. Too much stuff.

And its ok SUSPi. I appriciate you defending me, just be careful and don't make others feel too bad too.

*nodnod* *hug*

Guest_Unlimited NiGHTS_*

Guest_Unlimited NiGHTS_*
  • Guests
I wasn't trying to put her down. I was making an accurate observation, and she herself would admit that she's not familiar with most cards that she hasn't physically looked at. I myself know every card by heart, which is why I understand this game more than she does, along with its flow.

That said, this problem appears to be resolved.

Nyclone

Nyclone

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts
  • Interests:If I'm on a NiGHTS themed forum, than what do you think my interests are!? Aside from that: Video games, drawing, writing songs, acting like an idiot, listening to the same bloody songs over and over, My fanmaren, and dreams are about it. :D
HAS ANYONE EVEN READ MY POST?!?

Guest_Unlimited NiGHTS_*

Guest_Unlimited NiGHTS_*
  • Guests
No, not at all.

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • Interests:Video games, NiGHTS, Sonic The Hedgehog, computer, drawing, reading, Egypt, more video games...

HAS ANYONE EVEN READ MY POST?!?

Yes I have, and I suggested that you mix it with Eye of Truth. I like that combo. I used to use it all the time.

There were other combos suggested as well, but I wasn't the one who up those there. Unlimited NiGHTS did.

Nyclone

Nyclone

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts
  • Interests:If I'm on a NiGHTS themed forum, than what do you think my interests are!? Aside from that: Video games, drawing, writing songs, acting like an idiot, listening to the same bloody songs over and over, My fanmaren, and dreams are about it. :D
GEEZ! I meant the 'wiki' post, oh yeah,I have some unfinished business with you,Unlimited!*uses Bad Reaction to Simochi comboed with three Gift Cards* WHO HAS ZERO LIFE POINTS NOW?!? *gloats*

Guest_Unlimited NiGHTS_*

Guest_Unlimited NiGHTS_*
  • Guests
*counters with Royal Decree*

You do.

Nyclone

Nyclone

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts
*Uses Seven Tools of the Bandit*

Guest_Unlimited NiGHTS_*

Guest_Unlimited NiGHTS_*
  • Guests
You have no Life Points, so you can't pay the cost for that card.

I win already. :)

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
When did the life points go down to zero? That was fast. Wait...do the rules still use 8000 life points? LOL its been forever, You got me looking through my old cards. Turns out I do have a few newer packs....and cards I do and dont' remember.

Hehe...Japanese Labyrinth of Nightmare Dark Magician...one of the ONLY Ultra Rares I ever got out of a pack myself. I am series. I am super lucky if I get a Super or Ultra rare of any kind usually. I had to trade for most of my stuff or get them from tins, Shonen jump, etc. I have a Winged Kuriboh?! WHen the HELL did that Happen?! O.O Its 1st editon too.....

Oh wow...an old Magic Ruler Mystical Space Typhoon. I don't remember that either......hehe. It was when magic cards were actally called magic cards and not spells. I love looking into the past.....

Guest_Unlimited NiGHTS_*

Guest_Unlimited NiGHTS_*
  • Guests
By "going Black Magic on his @$$", that basically meant I played Dark Magician, Dark Magician Girl, and Magician of Black Chaos in one turn via various Special Summon methods. I brought back Ebon Magician Curran from the Graveyard with Call of the Haunted, and her effect damaged him by 300 on my next turn for every monster he had, which currently was just himself.

I'm sure you can follow from that. And yes, 8000 Life Points to start. The rules haven't changed, just the ban list.

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
What was the special summon method? I am very interested to know. Maybe I should take a lot of tips from you on your deck. It sounds like you really like to use spellcasters too. I like them and healing. Maybe I should go get myself a fire princess and some more healing cards and make a healing deck. Oh wait I have no one to play with. Gah! I keep forgeting the other important reason I don't play this game anymore. Even if I did somehow have rides to go to local play areas, they are all 8 year olds that can't play the game or 30 year olds who have spent way too much damn money on this game and have some of the best possible decks. Yeah I could make a pretty dang good deck too if I had that many cards and money. :/

Guest_Unlimited NiGHTS_*

Guest_Unlimited NiGHTS_*
  • Guests
I did post the links to download YVD and the sets and images I make for it, you know.

Well, obviously Magician of Black Chaos needed Black Magic Ritual. I Tributed Dark Magician Girl and Magician's Valkyria to make that happen. Dark Magician Girl was Special Summoned by Premature Burial, and Dark Magician was Special Summoned by Sage's Stone.

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
And you happend to have all those cards in your hand? Wait...you can't have that many cards out and ready, well unless you placed some of the magic cards face down earlier....

I never got Sage's Stone. What game did that come in again? I guess I would have to buy it offline now. NOt much of a chance finding a new copy of that game. BUt I am sure that car cost a lot.

--Edit--
And what is YVD? *goes back to look*

Guest_Unlimited NiGHTS_*

Guest_Unlimited NiGHTS_*
  • Guests
Having about 20 DARK monsters in my Graveyard already helps, thanks to "The Beginning of the End". It's a Normal Spell that lets me remove 5 DARK monsters in my Graveyard from play to draw 3 cards.

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
LOL Most of the time the game is over before I ever have that many cards in my graveyard. I have had only a handful of games last more than 10 turns or so. The only time when its longer is when I am battling someone of equel strength as me. Otherwise, when I face most other people, they are able to come out with their most powerful monster in 5 turns and desimate me.\

It used to last a LOT longer all the time, but now......

Guest_Unlimited NiGHTS_*

Guest_Unlimited NiGHTS_*
  • Guests
Most Duels only take around 15 turns or so. You know you're good when you face a guy who placed, oh, we'll say 3rd at a Nationals tournament, and you're lasting more than 15 turns against him.

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
Yeah but it doesn't make the game any fun then. In fact, the last time I played against my boyfriend, I beat him in 3 turns. He had a bad hand and I had an outragiously good one. But either way it was no fun and he sure was not playing again. He didn't want to play in the first place. I had to beg him.

Maybe I should look into that online thing, but I am not sure I want to use something like that. Plus, I doubt it will work. THe ONLY online things I get working right though my school dorms are the Wii (sometimes) and WOW. I can't even get my DS to stay connected long.

Guest_Unlimited NiGHTS_*

Guest_Unlimited NiGHTS_*
  • Guests
You should see about getting a laptop.

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
I am useing a laptop. That has absolutly nothing to do with it. The point is that all the dorms run off of one server and can't handle all the Xbox 360's and internet games trying to be played on it. This is not a very expensive college.

Also, where do I get the other images for this thing that you were talking about? I only see links to some of yours. Does it have everything? I might try doing this stuff tomarrow to see how it works.

Guest_Unlimited NiGHTS_*

Guest_Unlimited NiGHTS_*
  • Guests
Well, the YVD doesn't really take much power. And yes, my sets and images are fully complete.

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
It is not about power. Its just how its connectivity works. I can't even have a simple Pokemon battle without it kicking me out withing 5 minuets, yet I can play WOW as long as I want so long as I am able to actually get in. I will just have to try it and see. Its really fickle and random. I can't even play FF11. I tried, it logs me out ever 2 minuets.

It realy has a lot to do with the new system they are using. It so stupid that it seems to count AIM as a game and therefore cannot be accesed during limited bandwith time, 8AM to 5pm, and is very hard to get into after that. I can only get into online stuff on the weekdays if I log in at the proper hour withing a short time limit. Weekends...nothing to worry about unelss its the DS. DS still works like crap here no matter what. Oh and so does FF11. So you never know.....

Golden Charm

Golden Charm

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts

The actual name of that card is "Exchange of the Spirit". They get a lot of things wrong in the video games, like card names.

I know, I know, I just couldn't remember its real name at the time ^^;

The way things have been going with Yu-Gi-Oh, I'm really surprised Mirror Force hasn't been banned. XD
I know its limited, but something which destroys all attack mode monsters when something attacks seems a lot cheaper and more powerful than the card mentioned which costs 1000 life to look and discard 1 card from your opponents hand (I think confiscation, I've forgotten half the list already and its only on the last page XD).

Does World Championship 2007 have friend codes? As I've said before I'm not that good, but I wouldn't mind playing a few games if asked. ^^ (its the real way to get better, isn't it?)

Guest_Unlimited NiGHTS_*

Guest_Unlimited NiGHTS_*
  • Guests
"Confiscation" is too powerful because it lets you see your opponent's hand. "Mirror Force" is powerful, but not powerful enough to be banned. It can only be activated in response to an opponent's attack, which means it can be stopped by "Mirage Dragon", "Jinzo", or "Trap Jammer". You also can't Chain it to something like "Mystical Space Typhoon". That's why it's Limited, not Forbidden.

And yes, that game has Friend Codes.

animejosse

animejosse

Dreamworld Police

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts
Nyclone and Unlimited NiGHTS, I deleted some of your posts since they got both OT and quasi-RP. Please don't do that again.

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts

"Confiscation" is too powerful because it lets you see your opponent's hand. "Mirror Force" is powerful, but not powerful enough to be banned. It can only be activated in response to an opponent's attack, which means it can be stopped by "Mirage Dragon", "Jinzo", or "Trap Jammer". You also can't Chain it to something like "Mystical Space Typhoon". That's why it's Limited, not Forbidden.

And yes, that game has Friend Codes.

I don't think looking at your oppenents hand one time counts as too powerful. There are two cards I know of that show both player's hands for as long as they are out. Then there is Eye Of Truth, which lets you ses you opponents hand as long as you want, but they will gain 1000 life points whenever a magic card is drawn. Mix this is Bad Reaction to Simochi, then its a win win situation. Even without it, it can be pretty darn good if the person doesn't have THAT many magic cards. Given the time span of some duels, they won't have time to draw that many. (LOL I guess 1000 lifepoints doesn't mean much too me with how much I usually make. You wouldn't think it by my deck, but I really do rack up a lot of life points. Maybe I should get another Solomon Wishes...) All and all, I don't think it is over powered by the whole, see the hand thing. Its a part of it, but there are other reasons. I still agree with Golden Charm a bit on that one. Mirror Force does seem a bit more powerful. Aslo, Confiscation can be countered as well. I will admit, its harder to get rid of as a magic card. That part of what is say is true. But still....1000 life points to see and get rid of a card....or a no cost 'I kill many!'. Negating an attack is one thing, but to negate and destroy that much... Its doesn't seem right to me. I am also surized not to see Swords of Revealing Light on the Forbiddon list too. '3 turns no touchy.' But then again, it can be destroyed before 3 turns are up.

I don't know why we keep talking about this. (me talking about it isn't helping either....) Its not like we get a say so in the matter. Its what they think and we have to sadly live with it. But again, its some of the reasoning behind certain card bannings that make me upset. At least the list did get smaller. I do remember Don Zaloog being in their for some reason. I KNOW he was in there. Or at least I could have sworn he was.

I am kinda wanting to play this again. I might get the World Championship 2007. Keyword there is MIGHT. I am not really sure. I was thinking about it a long time ago. ...I think. Was that the one where it said you can change the way you look? Whatever one that was, was the one I was thinking about getting a long time ago, but only when it got cheaper. Thats not the reason I was going to get it of course. Thats just the unique factor that stuck out in my mind about it that helps me remember it.

I guess I get upset at the bans of a lot of common and uncommon cards because us poorer people or those that don't spend THAT much money on the game need them against those ultra expensive and powerful decks others have. In my time, Chaos Sorceror was the only real good defense I had against a lot of decks....

Nyclone

Nyclone

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts

Nyclone and Unlimited NiGHTS, I deleted some of your posts since they got both OT and quasi-RP. Please don't do that again.

Sorry about that, Animejosse...

Guest_Unlimited NiGHTS_*

Guest_Unlimited NiGHTS_*
  • Guests
"Confiscation" is banned because looking at your opponent's hand means you can better prepare for what your opponent has. "Respect Play" gives both players this advantage, and "The Eye of Truth" gives your opponent Life Points, and both can be destroyed or negated. "Confiscation" is a Normal Spell, which is why it's banned. You can't do anything about it without planning ahead of time.

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts

"Confiscation" is banned because looking at your opponent's hand means you can better prepare for what your opponent has. "Respect Play" gives both players this advantage, and "The Eye of Truth" gives your opponent Life Points, and both can be destroyed or negated. "Confiscation" is a Normal Spell, which is why it's banned. You can't do anything about it without planning ahead of time.

Good point. Yeah, any excuse to see the opponents hand even for a little while can be pretty darn good. But darn, another one bites the dust. But there are plenty of other easy to get cards that have great effects. Being rare doesn't mean its the best. (My boyfriend has prooved that many times over. )

On another note, woot. I just got the game that comes with Sage Stone for $10 with shipping and handling. It has the cards still factory sealed. I was just messing around, I didn't think I was actually going to win....still good though. Better than buying that single card for $20. Now I get it, the other two, and the game.

Nyclone

Nyclone

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts
Nice, But I hardly resort to mail order...

Guest_Unlimited NiGHTS_*

Guest_Unlimited NiGHTS_*
  • Guests
Oh, don't get Yu-Gi-Oh! World Championship Tournament 2007. Get 2008, which was recently released.

Nyclone

Nyclone

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts
Good point, the more recent, the better!

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts

Oh, don't get Yu-Gi-Oh! World Championship Tournament 2007. Get 2008, which was recently released.

That might be kinda expensive though. I was just planning to see if I can find that old game used and cheap. I have already spent way too much money on new games. I would sooner get Harvest Moon Island of Happiness which is coming out real soon, before I get that. I don't plan on entering any tournaments so it doesn't matter if I have the most up to date one does it? I guess it will be hard to find opponents if I don't though....

As for mail order, I am starting to do that more often. I can't see how else to get such an old game. I am thinking about buying some cards online too. It would be a lot cheaper than buying all these packs and not getting a single card I ever want. But I have never done that, due to fear of getting counterfit cards...

Guest_Unlimited NiGHTS_*

Guest_Unlimited NiGHTS_*
  • Guests

That might be kinda expensive though. I was just planning to see if I can find that old game used and cheap. I have already spent way too much money on new games. I would sooner get Harvest Moon Island of Happiness which is coming out real soon, before I get that. I don't plan on entering any tournaments so it doesn't matter if I have the most up to date one does it? I guess it will be hard to find opponents if I don't though....

They cost about the same, as both were for the DS. And having the more up-to-date one is always better.

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts

They cost about the same, as both were for the DS. And having the more up-to-date one is always better.

That doesn't make sense. Older should be cheaper. Ah well, I will give it a shot I guess. Its a maybe though. Another in getting is dot//Hack Outbreak. I couldn't buy it last time I saw it because I didn't have the money on hand. Yu-Gi-Oh! is a bit down on my list as you can tell. Plus, it may not be worth playing online due to the problems with my internet connection. Pokmon battles are bad enough. But I guess there is no other purpose for the games are there? There is no storyline or anything is there? Not that I would care. I hate the GX storyling. LOL Academy for Dueling. WTF......

Nyclone

Nyclone

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts
Amen.

Guest_Unlimited NiGHTS_*

Guest_Unlimited NiGHTS_*
  • Guests
Hey, no dissing Yu-Gi-Oh! GX. The third season happens to be good, and the fourth (and apparently final) season has started in Japan.

Nyclone

Nyclone

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts
Oh boy...well 4Kids just lost another dub.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users