Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Vivid dreams is NiGHTS the cause?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Moto

Moto

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Interests:Videogames basically :P
I am not a person who dreams all that often, or at least never remeber doing so, but as soon as I started playing NiGHTS JoD I started having the most vivid dreams, ones so life like I found it hard to distinguish dream from reality... they also seem to be continuations of the night before, I've now in the past few nights been able to control the flow of my dreams, being fully aware it was a dream and thus having complete freedom, A feeling I had long since forgoton... but could a Video Game really be the cause?

your thoughts

iNSOMNiAC

iNSOMNiAC

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts
Sounds like you've hit lucidity, you lucky git. *is still trying* I wouldn't doubt that JoD has sparked up something. The game is entirely based on dreams, so your mind is probably focused on dreaming, etc, which is what your subconscious will be thinking about when your asleep, thus provoking more vivid dreams.

At least, that's what I think. Don't quote me though, I'm not a doctor.

ENiGMA

ENiGMA

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
Hm, some people seem to be natual to lucidity that the terms "Ideya" may not just be plot device and had research taken underneith it.

For example, Moto, you must have more Ideya than me. "Lucid" means "Light" and as you are becoming a Lucid Dreamer more easily and rapidly than me who can barely dream at all, you must have more Ideya.

To put it to IRL than NiGHTS as a game, you have more light in your sub-conscious than me who I am usually full of doubt on minor things.

you said you feel complete freedom, A feeling you had long since forgotten. I suppose you are more lucid as it is a form of outlit of subconscious need.

Dreams hold secrets but even being a Lucid Dreamer can be part of the message it is trying to say.

Moto

Moto

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Sounds like you've hit lucidity, you lucky git. *is still trying* I wouldn't doubt that JoD has sparked up something. The game is entirely based on dreams, so your mind is probably focused on dreaming, etc, which is what your subconscious will be thinking about when your asleep, thus provoking more vivid dreams.

At least, that's what I think. Don't quote me though, I'm not a doctor.

I don't like this Lucidity it's starting to freak me out a little <_< I mean what If i have a Nightmare :blink: I don't want something like that to feel real :unsure:

Hm, some people seem to be natual to lucidity that the terms "Ideya" may not just be plot device and had research taken underneith it.

For example, Moto, you must have more Ideya than me. "Lucid" means "Light" and as you are becoming a Lucid Dreamer more easily and rapidly than me who can barely dream at all, you must have more Ideya.

To put it to IRL than NiGHTS as a game, you have more light in your sub-conscious than me who I am usually full of doubt on minor things.

you said you feel complete freedom, A feeling you had long since forgotten. I suppose you are more lucid as it is a form of outlit of subconscious need.

Dreams hold secrets but even being a Lucid Dreamer can be part of the message it is trying to say.

It's definitely an interesting thought, But I'm not sure if my sub-conscious has anymore light, I haven't dreams in months before.

Aroxys

Aroxys

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts
What if Lucidity (light) comes and goes, like feelings?
It might explain why sometimes it's very easy to experience Lucid Dreams and why sometimes you don't dream at all.

iNSOMNiAC

iNSOMNiAC

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts

I don't like this Lucidity it's starting to freak me out a little <_< I mean what If i have a Nightmare :blink: I don't want something like that to feel real :unsure:

If you did have a nightmare when lucid, you could just will it to be something better. Being lucid gives you total control over your dreams. :D

ENiGMA

ENiGMA

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
And not having a Lucid Dream for the last few months means there has been a change in your life.

Moto

Moto

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

And not having a Lucid Dream for the last few months means there has been a change in your life.

what buying NiGHTS? that not really what I'd call a life changing experiance... but maybe other stuff has been happening too

ENiGMA

ENiGMA

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
Well, none of my business to pry but as you said that this feeling of freedom of Lucid Dreaming is familiar you haven't felt in a long time, I pressume by mean of a tough life like lots of problems and such and dreaming is an outlet for a sense of freedom away from the chains of the day.

Moto

Moto

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Well, none of my business to pry but as you said that this feeling of freedom of Lucid Dreaming is familiar you haven't felt in a long time, I pressume by mean of a tough life like lots of problems and such and dreaming is an outlet for a sense of freedom away from the chains of the day.

Yeah that would be a fair way to describe it

Penelopi

Penelopi

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts
  • Interests:Catholicism/Catholic Church, NiGHTS (of course), Klonoa, Star Trek (except the last series, Enterprise), My Favorite Martian (60s show, not the 1999 movie), Pokemon (anime through Johto and all games), Zelda, Mega Man, reading, writing, drawing, hanging out with my friends, other fun videogames, a good joke

I am not a person who dreams all that often, or at least never remeber doing so, but as soon as I started playing NiGHTS JoD I started having the most vivid dreams, ones so life like I found it hard to distinguish dream from reality... they also seem to be continuations of the night before, I've now in the past few nights been able to control the flow of my dreams, being fully aware it was a dream and thus having complete freedom, A feeling I had long since forgoton... but could a Video Game really be the cause?

your thoughts

You too? I remembered my dream the night after I played JoD for the first time, then the next, then the one after that... Yeah, I can remember them just about every night now, and they've gotten more vivid. I used to mostly see them in 3rd-person, but now I'm part of them more, and usually as myself instead of someone else like before.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users