Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

JOD Dream Signs

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Kori

Kori

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, reading, writing, making AMVs, games, movies, romance, anime & manga (current fave: Naruto), 80s and 90s cartoons, and of course, anything to do with NiGHTS! X3
So I was looking up dream signs and interpretations for myself. Then I came across certain signs that truly pertain to why the JOD characters and environments are the way they are! I'm always pleased to learn how much thought and research was put into our beloved game! :3

Anyway, this is simply a point of interest topic. Which JOD dream signs relate to Will and Helen, and the very nature of the game itself? Anything and everything found in JOD likely has some sort of meaning. If you happen across one, post away! I could list several, but real-life doesn't give me much time.

Maybe post them like so...

Dream sign - interpretation. (aspect of JOD)

Octopus - one's own possessiveness or desire to cling to someone in a relationship. Can also symbolize any unconscious fear that may drag us into its realm of irrational terror, or any influence you fear will engulf you. (Octopaw, the kid's feelings for their parents)

Witch - the fears or difficult feelings and relationship habits we have developed in relationship with our mother. (Bomamba, Helen and her mother)

Spider - often the dependent emotions and conflicts one feels caught in, connected with mother or family; any emotions you don't want to handle. (Queen Bella, Helen and her mother)

Weeds - things you may have developed in your life that are not contributing much, or might even be stopping more positive personal growth. (dandelions, Will's dependence on his father)

Chain - a connection as suggested by the links of the chain; restriction; strength; dependence. (the dreamers' connection to NiGHTS)

(Taken from Dream Dictionary, by Tony Crisp)

I may post one in the general forum for NiD, if it hasn't been done already..? ^_^

DARiA

DARiA

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • Interests:I love well-made fanart, drawings and well-written fanfics. I adore people who can be creative in a beautiful way (good artists, writers, singers etc). I like various anime shows, mostly shoujo and maho-shoujo. I also like reading books of fantasy-writers (Andre Norton, Phillip Pullman, Gart Nix etc). I like listening to rock or folk-rock music. I also love various pretty shiny things. I myself write and draw various fan things from time to time. And yes, I also love sleeping, dreaming and being lazy.
Dandelion - wishes come true )

It's a great topic! I'd like to know the meanings of NiD and JoD signs and symbols and such as well!

ayamemaiden

ayamemaiden

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts
Woah, that's neat!

I don't know if this is relevant to the discussion, but a certian scene of Journey of Dreams was kinda like a few Twin Seeds dreams I had.

Spoiler

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
  • Interests:I like NiGHTS, Sonic games, the Nightmare Before Christmas (I wonder what would happen if Oogie and Reala met... hmmmm.....) Writing, drawing, art in any way, shape, or form, hard rock music, dancing wildly even though I can't dance for crap. I write poetry and lyrics (although they're not very good T__T) and comedy movies. I love the Dreamcast podcast that DiGi and TRiPPY put on. I also enjoy thinking outside the box. I'm what is known as a Meathead. I can laugh at myself, think outside the box, and smile. Meatheads are smarter than your average Joe, with much more common sense and the rare ability to find creative solutions to problems. My idol is a man named Jimmy Dolittle. Look him up ^.~
Wow, that's deep. I'm gonna play the game knowing these things and look at it in a whole new perspective. Thanks!

ayamemaiden

ayamemaiden

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts
Dream Moods says:
To dream that you are riding a roller coaster, signifies that you are experiencing erratic behavior brought on by yourself or a situation. You are experiencing frequent ups and downs in your waking life.

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
  • Interests:I like NiGHTS, Sonic games, the Nightmare Before Christmas (I wonder what would happen if Oogie and Reala met... hmmmm.....) Writing, drawing, art in any way, shape, or form, hard rock music, dancing wildly even though I can't dance for crap. I write poetry and lyrics (although they're not very good T__T) and comedy movies. I love the Dreamcast podcast that DiGi and TRiPPY put on. I also enjoy thinking outside the box. I'm what is known as a Meathead. I can laugh at myself, think outside the box, and smile. Meatheads are smarter than your average Joe, with much more common sense and the rare ability to find creative solutions to problems. My idol is a man named Jimmy Dolittle. Look him up ^.~

Dream Moods says:
To dream that you are riding a roller coaster, signifies that you are experiencing erratic behavior brought on by yourself or a situation. You are experiencing frequent ups and downs in your waking life.

*pfft* Well, then, I ought to get my life in order because I dream I'm on a roller coaster all the time. And I throw up a lot. Because I hate roller coasters.

Trust me on this, never go on a roller coaster after eating three bags of cotton candy and two fried doughs. You will regret it.

Kori

Kori

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, reading, writing, making AMVs, games, movies, romance, anime & manga (current fave: Naruto), 80s and 90s cartoons, and of course, anything to do with NiGHTS! X3
No rollercoasters for me, thanks! @_@ LOL

I like the other interpretation for dandelions too! Here are some others I found!

Feather - in many cultures feathers represent the quality or beauty of the bird from which they came. (Also) something easily blown by the wind - so nonresistance, insubstantial. (Persona masks/Reala's costume, Reala is much more obedient to Wizeman while NiGHTS is not)

City - one's relationship and interaction with society, therefore the many choices you make or can make... Strange City - the new; different attitudes or way of life; new choices and opportunities. (Delight City, where Will's journey takes an unexpected twist for him)

Spoiler

Ball - Wholeness; an "all round" view or a rounded character; interaction between two people - the ball is in your court - in that throwing the ball may show someone trying to get one's attention and response. Being thrown a ball - challenges, prowess, competition in the game of life; having and letting go. (battling Donbalon and Reala, Will confronting his fears and NiGHTS' relationship to Reala)

(Taken, once again, from Dream Dictionary by Tony Crisp)

Suppertime, gotta go! :P And I meant to say earlier, thanks for replying! Good to know this is of interest to some. :P

nirniva

nirniva

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Dream Moods says:

Ah, but what does it mean if the roller coaster also has a disturbing face? Seriously, play the Coaster Mission and look at the expression on Coaster NiGHTS at the beginning. Scarier than any boss except for Cerberus.
</irrelevant comment>

Kori

Kori

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, reading, writing, making AMVs, games, movies, romance, anime &amp; manga (current fave: Naruto), 80s and 90s cartoons, and of course, anything to do with NiGHTS! X3
Face - self image; concerns about how others see you, or what image you have of yourself; expression of or hiding of inner feelings or attitudes. Something wrong with face - sense of not being adequate; fear of how others see you. Changing one's face or head - changing one's attitudes or decision about something; being uncertain or "two-faced". (Er..... interpret as you will? LOL!)

Talking of that face, I have GOT to make an icon of it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users