Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Any final words?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Machenstein

Machenstein

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts
With Journey of Dreams coming out just tomorrow in North America after eleven years since the Saturn original, are there any final words you would like to say?

I guess I'll start. It was ten years ago, on my 8th birthday, that I was introduced to NiGHTS through the Christmas NiGHTS demo disc that came with the Saturn. I found it very confusing at first, but as I got to play it, I got to understand it more. Collect 20 blue chips, destory the Ideya Capture, gather all the Ideya to the palace, and don't run out of time. It was very addicting gameplay, and still is. As I got to play the demo over and over and unlock all the presents, I was satisfied, but I wanted to know more. What is NiGHTS, what's the story behind it, and, if I have been playing the demo this whole time, then what is the full version like?

In a few subsequent months that year, the proverbial day came that I got to play the full version of NiGHTS. It would be a complete understatement to say my mind was blown. I finally got a full taste of the world of Nightopia and the characters I met in it. I got know Elliot and Claris more, encountered Wizeman and the Nightmaren, and I grew ever more attached to NiGHTS. It was also exciting that, after months of playing nothing but Spring Valley in the Christmas NiGHTS demo disc, that I finally got to fly around in new levels with new bosses.

It. was. AWESOME.

I have spent the past ten years admiring NiGHTS, visiting Nightopia and trying to beat my high scores. I have even went so far as to make my own NiGHTS merchandise (but I was a little kid back then so my merchandise was very poor... LOL). I would even draw pictures of NiGHTS and co. and tack them to the walls around my room. It was very neat. It was also interesting to find out that the same people who made NiGHTS were also responsible for Sonic, the series I enjoyed prior to NiGHTS. That forged my bond with SEGA even further and I have admired the company since, even in these hard times.

Alas, you and I have waited a very long time for a sequel, eleven or ten years to be precise. Oh how much we would give to see NiGHTS again, if only briefly (which we have). In the midst of our wait, my old Saturn stopped working and I couldn't play NiGHTS ever again unless we got a new one. I had spent a few years trying to find one, but two years ago in December 2005, I visited my local flea market and found one. I promptly bought it, took it home, hooked it up, and vola, I finally got to re-live Nightopia in all its glory again. My heart was filled with joy and I resumed playing NiGHTS and waiting for our continuation.

And now here we are. Early this year on March or April there was our big announcement and we have fully anticipated the return of NiGHTS ever since. It was like living in '96 or '97 again. All I really want to say is it's been a blast time spending time with you guys talking about the new game. It's been fun, and I look forward to having fun with the new game. I hope you all enjoy it so we can admire NiGHTS for many years to come. Thank you for reading, and godspeed. Godspeed.

Until tomorrow guys. We have history to make.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Yeah, i wanna add to this.

I brought myself through 10 years of patience and then an extra year of working as an admin of the fanbase, doing stuff that i'm not supposed to do for the sake of the purple guy. When i'm told of a delay by a Sega PR and report on it only to find out it was incorrect information, i consider it to be one almighty slip-up on Sega's behalf that has to result in mine and every fan in the UK and Europe to press the pause button on their moments of making history, thus leaving us shafted yet again and getting the short end of the stick.

So, you Americans. I want you all to pick up that bloody game tomorrow and play it for your fellow fans on the other side of the world who will not be having Christmas arrive early, unlike the rest of the planet.

Play a lap for us. We'll be with you all very soon. *salute*

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
Well although I'm not in the states i do feel that it would be weird if i didn't say anything.

I'd just like to say that i hope all you American folk truely enjoy the game and that you can all find something you like about it even if it turns out to be nothing like you'd hoped for. Trying to please an 11 year fanbase is hard and i know some fans won't be as happy as others, but i personaly think the SonicTeam have done a good job, in the time they had, of creating a new game full of homage and unlockables for us to enjoy. It could have been a lot LOT worse. Sometimes you just have to roll with change while keeping fond memories of the original in your heart, because to some of us, it was real special, beyond a game. I know that for new children playing this game over christmas, it will do the same. Nobody can bash that. This franchise creates hope and a real sense of self belief. I hope that the message of family in JoD really hits home to kids having problems in real life.

To the gamers in you, i hope to challenge you all in the future and have my ass handed to me on many occasions ;D I want to see you all getting world records!
To the dreamers in you, i hope that whatever you gain from this new game will lead you to great happy things in life, like it did for me. I hope that whenever you close your eyes at night you can visit even larger worlds full of adventure and self discovery, and of course, find NiGHTS. He can be a very good friend.

I remember thinking many times over the years what today would feel like. A new game on the verge of release in the USA. I think back then i might have been upset or had a lot of bad things to say. But I'll give it a fair chance and put any dislikes down to the fact i was probably easier to please back in 96, lol. I want to play this game again and just enjoy it for what it is.

I want to grab some skittles, sit on a big cushion in front of the TV, put the TV volume up loud and play the hell out of it when i get it.

I know that when i had the chance to get my hands on JoD last month it felt absolutely freekin magical and i nearly cried, lol, so to play it again in my own house, that's something i can't wait for ^_^

I remember when i was 14 or 15, sitting in the dark in my old house infront of the TV, playing the game at 3 in the morning because i sneaked on when everyone else was asleep. I remember completing the game for the very frst time and how incredibly hyper i got XD I just remember how special it felt.

I hope every one of you can take a look back and see how long we've stuck around for, all the ups and downs, and now we can just simply concentrate on playing a game we enjoy.

I'm looking forward to it :)

Dark Magician

Dark Magician

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • Interests:Creative writing, drawing, video games, manga/anime, and astronomy. Writing more would probably take too much time.
I just have to say this:

I've given up hope of SEGA ever making a NiGHTS game after Mr. Yuji Naka said that he would never redo it or make a sequel (crushed my poor little hopes). However, when news came out about the Journey of Dreams game... I figured once again that it was a rumor started by some fiends who enjoyed stirring up fans only for them to be disappointed. And I was proven wrong, as Journey of Dreams was actually proven to be quite real... but then I started getting extremely nervous. This was because SEGA had betrayed Sonic the Hedgehog fans and put 4Crap voice actors in the booth for not only the abused cartoon... but the video games as well. After having nightmares about the 525,600+ ways they could screw it up, my fears were once again calmed by the fact that the voice actress for NiGHTS is actually good (if you get the main character right, you're on the right track), and seeing the preview assured me that it should be a good game. Time made Kingdom Hearts into a good game so it should be the same with NiGHTS.

Now after 10 years, it is finally here... and I tragically have to wait until after Christmas to get it (argh!). I will be looking forward to it.

Hime Blue

Hime Blue

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts
  • Interests:Just...<br /><br />don't ask and it might be better for you. Might be better not to know...
Normally I come into a fandom either really early or really late. It seems as if I have no luck in most fandoms, losing either interest or pride in the fandom very quickly. I came into NiGHTS at just the right time. I was having severe friend issues at the time and literally frightened for my own survival when I found that picture on DeviantArt. Immediately noticing the wonderful style and appeal of the characters I looked it up. And then I found this website and realized I had seen NiGHTS years and years ago but had payed him no mind. Now I wish I had. I never had a chance to play the original, but the story and characters have touched me and helped me through.

In a dream I had the night after I spoke to a counsellor about my friend, NiGHTS reassured me.
"You don't need to be someone else. All you need is to be yourself."

NiGHTS, thank you. Yuji Naka, thank you. And Iizuka, thank you so much for giving us another chance. I believe that NiGHTS will stay with me like very little else has stayed with me. He invades my dreams, he reassures me, he helps me get through.

To all the gamers. Best of luck to all of us. Make link upon link upon link! Break records or something. Get into the Guiness for "Most Links In Journey of Dreams" ^_^
To all the dreamers. Keep dreaming. Find your Ideya and grow upon it. Use it. Don't ever lose sight of the goal.
To the new generation. We will all find NiGHTS in different ways. He doesn't give up on us when we fall down and lose our way. He will be there, you just have to look a little harder if you can't see him at first.
To everyone who has feared at one time or another or has had nightmares. I'm with you on this and so is our purple friend. Face these fears and drive them away.

To everyone ever involved in NiGHTS, anyone who has ever heard of NiGHTS, anyone who has ever dreamed of NiGHTS, anyone who has ever played or will play NiGHTS. God bless.

Hime Blue

Poly C:

Poly C:

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts
looks like everyone have something to say. So do i

I live in this distant corner of the world, Argentina. Wheeeeeere NiGHTS doesn't exist. All related about NiGHTS never existed here, and i fear it never won't, maybe with the sequel...bah, back to the point. c:
For that, i've never played NiGHTS. And for the same reason ( and country's economy reasons >_>U~ ) i never won't play the sequel. But anyways, i'm so happy with what i've seen about NiGHTS since i was 11 ( when i discovered it. thank someone called Astrima XD ) that i'm not caring about that. NiGHTS just has opened a little bit of my imagination, it really helped me a lot to draw, learn a bit more about myself and even change my point of view about art and a few more things. That's why i love NiGHTS so much, that's why mi biggest inspiration.
So so so so, all of you USA and EU (in the future, well XD) people who are going to get the game, please play it! enjoy it! pass it! be happy with it! dance with it! eat it! BE IT!...well that no XD but you understand my point! O: I really hope that everybody is happy with this sequel as much as they were in the original game. <3
For me, people who can't get it, well personally i can't wait to see what NiGHTS's magic has for me in this sequel. It will be all an inspiration! CB woo!
That's all!
God bless all!

->I really hope this didn't sound all poetical XD ewww

Kori

Kori

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, reading, writing, making AMVs, games, movies, romance, anime &amp; manga (current fave: Naruto), 80s and 90s cartoons, and of course, anything to do with NiGHTS! X3
Good gravy, what can be said that hasn't been said already? I don't think any of us have really 100% prepared for this! How many years did we spend joking about a sequel? The things we wanted to see? The things we feared to see? XD Every time we joked, we did so with the mindset of "yeah, nice to think of, but let's face it, not happening".

And here we are!

When JOD was officially announced, we were stunned. This wasn't in the fandom script! X3 And I remember the first trailer, the infamous "wave of your hand" feature... it's still my favorite. The first time I'd seen NiGHTS in an honest-to-goodness sequel! I broke down and cried!

A bit much? Maybe so. But like many of you, NiGHTS is more than a game to me. I still believe he, along with everyone who worked on the game, were sent to help many of us through the roughest years of our lives. I can't remember feeling truly and utterly hopeless, not after meeting NiGHTS. He saved my life! He's been such a huge influence on me, on all of us!

And it's amazing how one game, one dream, has brought us all together like this! No flame wars, no bitter rivalries, no better-than-thous, just a community of dreamers who love to dream. No other fandom is like this. My family has tried to join other message boards, and they always complain about the unpleasant topics. This is like a whole other world - to me, this is the Nightopia of message boards! :D

It's about time NiGHTS had a sequel. The world needs to be reminded of dreams, more than ever. I hope NiGHTS reaches out to more people who need him, and that he changes their lives for the better. He'll be hard to miss this time!

Never forget your dreams. They always have a chance of coming true! You guys ready to fly again? :D

TRAViS

TRAViS

THE GUY THAT BOUGHT THE BETA

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts
Well, everyone's got their story and words of wisdom to tell. Alas, I myself have something to say, so here goes.

I'm one of the many whose interest in NiGHTS was spurred by the sequel. I don't remember the exact date that the sequel rumors were brought up on IGN (since that was the only place I ever really lurked online), but all I remember is that within an hour I bought the game after all these years new on eBay. And I couldn't wait for it to show up.

When I joined these boards, I didn't expect to stay very long. Like most other message boards, I was thinking a month tops before I lost interest or the board was over-run with idiots like the last four or so I tried to stay active with. It's kinda funny thinking back that far, actually. Especially after the NiGHTS-related things I've done: the game skins, the poster on my door outside, the iRC client, and, of course, the Beta. Never, for any other game in my life, would I have brought myself to put up a grand and a half for its prototype. And look what happened in the three short months I've been here.

I don't know what it is about NiGHTS that keeps me hangin' around and constantly excited for JoD (at the moment I've got my Wii remote and GameCube controller at my side, and I'm already trying to figure out what stores will have it in tomorrow), but whatever it is, I doubt it'll wear off anytime soon. NiGHTS is gaming nirvana; perfection in every way. Although countless many disagree, NiGHTS is the only game I've ever played where the full experience transcends the realm of gaming and hits everyday life. Never before did I question or investigate my dreams, and now every night's as fun an adventure as the last. The story behind it all was about as touching as I can recall in any video game or movie and even most books, and continues to be an inspiration to stand up to and thwart my fears. And I still strive to meet NiGHTS in my dreams, giving me a reason to actually get a good night's sleep as often as I can, which has probably helped me with my grades this semester at school...

All in all, I guess there isn't really too much for me to say. NiGHTS will forever hold a spot close to my heart and tomorrow will finally bring about something we've all (myself included, at least subconsciously) wanted for the past eleven years, and the wait's finally come to a sweet end. Tomorrow we get to re-visit Nightopia and bring about peace once again. The game's going to be great, and we're all going to love it anyway. The online features on this one are just going to bring us even closer together. And with any luck, this is only the beginning.

To my fellow friends, my fellow forumers, and my fellow dreamers...prepare to fly!

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
*feels fluffy*

The wise Kitsune

The wise Kitsune

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, music, yeah
Well NiGHTS has helped me, made me feel happy and I really love it. NiGHTS is possibly the most influential Game character I have made contact with. It all started two years ago, in my messy room. I was playing SA: 2B, and I didnt even notice the posters. It wasnt until I played SA: DC that I discovered NiGHTS. It was after a hurricane. We had gotten our power back, and I had gotten a new game. But the first time, NiGHTS popped out. What was it? When it flew me around I was excited. What was it? I searched it on google and this site came up. I researched it. I lived by this game. It started at around September/October...On to December, where I got my NiGHTS plush...on to March. My aunt had bought it for me and sent it through the mail. I couldnt have been happier. The twirls... the colors... I was happy. Lets skip over to Early 2007. I was going to be in a dance show, and I had stage fright. Bad Stage fright, I have Anxiety disorders. Anyway, I was scared. But on the dress rehearsal, on stage, I thought of NiGHTS. And on the show, I had no fear.

NiGHTS may be fake, NiGHTS may be real, but one thing NiGHTS did for sure, is change my life.
-The Wise Kitsune

Sa-chan

Sa-chan

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts
I'd just like to say that NiGHTS is more than a game to me; it is a part of my childhood and my family. It was my mom who introduced me to it almost eleven years ago, when I was seven years old. I have very fond memories of playing it with her every night when she got home from work, and of my stepdad yelling at us for rotting our brains with videogaming *lol*

And now over a decade later, I finally get to be a seven-year old kid again.

I love you mom I cant wait to kick your butt at 2-player. <3

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
I haven't been this excited for a video game for a very, very long time. My sister keeps ribbing me for my seeming 'obsession' with NiGHTS. She can't truly understand what it means to me, although I have explained to her on a few occasions what this means to NiGHTS fans in general. My goal this week is to be playing JoD within the next 48 hrs. And I intend to play a lap for all of you in the UK. Ever since JoD was announced I've been steadily replaying the magical forebear that has imprinted itself so strongly on everyone on this website, to relive it, and hell, I've dedicated a few runs to those of us here who haven't had a chance to play it yet, but have been so taken with NiGHTS as a character that it doesn't even matter.

NiGHTS, HOW YA BEEN, BUDDY? READY TO FLY AGAIN, EH? LET'S DO IT!

Meggiemaccat

Meggiemaccat

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
All I feel I can say is 'good luck, NiGHTS'. XPPPP *headdesk*

Machenstein

Machenstein

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts
Well well, Journey of Dreams is out in North America today. Buy it, rent it, wait until Christmas, whatever, just play it. Now we have another day to look back on. As the 5th of July is the birth of the original NiGHTS, so should today (in America) be the day of this game. The year is almost over and boy what a year. The excitement of NiGHTS 2's announcement, all the time we spent playing the original in commemoration, meeting new people in this community (myself included), all the stories TRiPPY and DiGi told of their trips, discussing each new piece of information, enjoying each new video, and now, at the end of 2007, on this day, comes the return of NiGHTS.

I almost forgot to explain the importance of NiGHTS himself. In my early childhood I used to live up in Anchorage, Alaska. It was my home and I enjoyed it very much despite the extremely harsh cold. Somewhere down the line my family could no longer live up there due to financial problems, so we had to take a loooooooooong trip across the country, all the down to my current home in Florida.

The first two years in Florida were a huge never-ending struggle to adapt to my new home. It was like the beginning of the movie Spirited Away when Chihiro was moving into her new home. But after those two years went by, shortly after my 8th birthday, I met NiGHTS in a dream. It was a very short confrontation but it had a huge impact on me. Basically NiGHTS told me to embrace my new home, for I will meet new people and learn new things so I can grow. I followed his advice and I have met new friends and learned many things ever since.

That was ten years ago and I have long adapted to my home in Florida, all thanks to NiGHTS. Also, just last night, I had another encounter with NiGHTS. It was the longest dream I have ever had for it chronicled my entire life. Literally, my entire life. NiGHTS and I flew together through each time, from my inception, to my time in Alaska, to my adaptation in Florida, all the way to now. That journey of dreams taught me something: from now on, I shall live for the best interest of other people.

Was it a coincidence that this was on the eve of JoD's release? I think not. ;)

apti

apti

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts
I'm not going to make a big speech, I'm just going to FREAK OUT AND AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHAAGAGAAAA THE DAY HAS FINALLY COME!
*completely loses it* XD

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • Interests:Video games, NiGHTS, Sonic The Hedgehog, computer, drawing, reading, Egypt, more video games...
Yeah my final words...I don't think this game will be as good as the original. The orginal was just wonderful. I do hope the new game is good though.

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
  • Interests:I like NiGHTS, Sonic games, the Nightmare Before Christmas (I wonder what would happen if Oogie and Reala met... hmmmm.....) Writing, drawing, art in any way, shape, or form, hard rock music, dancing wildly even though I can't dance for crap. I write poetry and lyrics (although they're not very good T__T) and comedy movies. I love the Dreamcast podcast that DiGi and TRiPPY put on. I also enjoy thinking outside the box. I'm what is known as a Meathead. I can laugh at myself, think outside the box, and smile. Meatheads are smarter than your average Joe, with much more common sense and the rare ability to find creative solutions to problems. My idol is a man named Jimmy Dolittle. Look him up ^.~
I was introduced to NiGHTS a few years ago only when I came across an old Sega Saturn that my dad was selling when he worked in an auction hall. I asked his boss to put it aside for me, and he let me buy the old system for only $20. I was about 8 or 9. NiGHTS was the game he threw in as a side present for the daughter of his best employee. I played the game over and over, and said to myself, "Wow! This game rules!" and then I re-played Sonic Adventure DX and Lo and Behold there was NiGHTS in one of the minigames, the slot machine game in Casinopolis. I was thrilled. From that moment on I was obsessed with finding out anything I could about that flying purple-clad jester. I found the comic books by Archie (I don't know why people don't like them, I think they're fantastic!) and read those over and over until they disintegrated from repeated reading, then taped them back up and kept reading them until there was nothing left of them to read. Then, I find out they're making Journey of Dreams. I almost peed myself in joy. I started searching the Web the day I found out the game was confirmed. I found this wonderful website, and all you wonderful people who love NiGHTS as much as I do.

I've reserved a copy of the game now, and got the free DVD. I will watch it as soon as I get back from work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users