Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Staff of Selph

• Please log in to reply
714 replies to this topic

Deraj

Deraj

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts
  • Location:Some little spot of nowhere. No, not that spot. Some other spot.
(Check the OOC Topic for Bios)

At one point in time, there was only one Level-One Nightmaren, called Selph. Selph was the most powerful Maren of his time, rivaling even Wizeman in strength. This fact greatly disturbed Wizeman. Coupled with Selph's suspicious nature, Wizeman began to fear a rebellion, and even began to fear being overthrown or even killed by Selph. For this reason, Wizeman put Selph down, permanently.

Legend has it that Wizeman was unable to kill Selph, and was only able to entomb him inside his own staff. If anyone was able to break Wizeman's Seal, while still keeping Selph's power under control, their combined strength could overthrow Wizeman and Nightmare. However, no Pian or Dreamer alone can control Selph, and Wizeman, the one who performed the seal to begin with, is unable to harness this power for that very reason. Wizeman knew this from the beginning, and sealed the staff away from any of his minions who might try this.

Nearly a hundred years later, the present day, Reala has found out about The Staff of Selph from Wizeman, who has grown in power since the 'Time of Selph', as the era had been called. Reala's power in recent times nearly equals Selph's power a hundred years ago. Wizeman has all but forgotten the Staff's hiding place, but he trusts Reala to wield this power, and sends him to find it, somewhere over the border of Nightmare, in Nightopia. Wizeman believes that if Reala wields the Staff of Selph, the two together would have enough combined power to wipe out all of Nightopia in a single fell swoop.

Now, this being extremely important information, it spread through Nightmare like wildfire, and eventually even spread through to the Nightmaren stationed in Nightopia. And, when a Rouge Nightmaren finds out about this information, it will unfold into one gigantic mess.

Frostbite tosses aside the Level-Three Nightmaren he had just tortured for information. "Reala's after the Staff of Selph... Well, can't let him have THAT, now can I?"
Frostbite turns to his Apprentice, who was playing with a group of Pians. "Oi. Stop playing around. We gotta move."
"Oh, co-" Luna begins, only to have Frosty interrupt her mid-sentence with a teleport, landing right in the center of the ring of Nightopians, scaring them all half to death.
"Now!" Frostbite says menacingly, his cold eyes piercing through Luna's skull, and his ice-cold breath becoming visible.
"R-Right. I'll go get my things." Luna says hurriedly, running off.

****(Some time Later)****

Frostbite sighs. The Borderlands. Not quite Nightopia, not quite Nightmare. Just a frozen mess of Rabbits, Skulls, Ice Cream, and some Syrup-like blood drizzled on top. If it WAS blood. In recent days, Nightmare's borders had stopped growing as rapidly as they once had, and Frosty knew why. Reala wasn't there to hold their hands and lead them to victory. But if Reala came back with the Staff of Selph, that would be the end of Nightopia.

Nobody quite knew what the Staff even did. The rumors where so mixed with the truth, it was impossible to tell which was which. Some claimed it was the ultimate source of power for Nightmare, and would allow it's borders to consume Nightopia once and for all. Others thought it would act as a portal to the Waking World, in various different ways. Either by turning a Nightopian or a Nightmaren into a Dreamer, or by actually opening a portal, and sending them to the Waking World, stripping them of their powers in the process, and simply stranding them there.
Frostbite shakes his head. Whatever the Staff did, it would upset the balance. Not that he cared. He just didn't want Reala to have it.
"Frosty, how much longer to we have to stay here? It's freezing!" Luna says.
Frostbite groans. Wizeman's latest attempts at creating powerful Maren had turned out to be nothing more than a bunch of pansies. Ideya-Maren, they where called. An attempt at harnessing the infinite power within an Ideya. However, the Ideya-Maren had some 'Unfortunate Add-ons'. Human emotion. Human weakness. It made him sick.
"Quit complaining." Frostbite says. 'He's la-'
Suddenly, they heard a crunching of snow. Footsteps. Suddenly, the body of a Level-Three maren was thrown at Frostbite's feet.
"Surrender, or you'll end up like your friend."
Jackle. That was Jackle's voice. They where found out.
"Jackle, old buddy old pal." Frostbite says, watching as he and Luna where both surrounded by monolithic cards.
"Don't even bother trying to kiss up, Frostbite. You may have a small following within Nightmare, but I'm not one of them. You're considered just as much of a traitor as NiGHTS." Jackle says.
"Good to know." Frostbite says, looking at the body at his feet. "I can't believe you killed PUPPiT. Wasn't he, like, your biggest fan or whatever?"
"Stop changing the subject, Frostbite! Today, you die." Jackle says as the cards around the two begin to glow menacingly.
"Oh, today's not a good day for me to die." Frostbite says, looking at an imaginary watch. Jackle had no idea that he wasn't even in the Borderlands. He was thousands of miles away, in Nightopia, controlling the two replicates. "Well, since it doesn't seem as though I'll be getting the information I need today, I'll just leave." The replicate of Frostbite says, beginning to melt. The replicate of Luna was doing the same, and as Jackle stares in disbelief, PUPPiT's body begins to disintegrate. It was an illusion all along.

Frostbite sighs. He was standing at the edge of a waterfall by himself. Luna was off in a Nightopian town, being... Luna, and he still had no clue as to where either Reala or NiGHTS was.
Frostbite wasn't particularly fond of NiGHTS. In fact, like most other Nightmaren, he hated him. However, he hated him slightly less than most other Maren, and felt he deserved at least some sort of a warning as to what was coming. However, Frostbite hadn't seen NiGHTS since the last time they (Frostbite and Reala) had tried to kill him, and he was probably unaware of what was even going on.
Frostbite soon hears a rustling behind him. Luna? ... No, WAY too quiet for it to be her. Probably a Pian. ... No, too loud to be a Pia-
"I GOTCHA!" A voice screams, as something tackles him from behind, forcing them both over the cliff's edge.
"What the h*ll?!" Frostbite screams as the two fall in a tangled mess. Frostbite quickly freezes a portion of the waterfall and uses it as a platform, landing on it, before ripping the little attacker off of his back. It was a Rabbit-Humaren. An Ideya-Maren. A crazy-a** one to boot. He could tell by the amused look on her face.
"What... The H*ll...?" Frostbite mutters, taking them both back up to the top of the waterfall. He would have just let her drop, but she had a vice-grip around his waist. As Frostbite clears the top of the waterfall, he saw a familiar face.
"Ah, Kigaku." Frostbite says, addressing the foxlike humaren. "I assume this crazy is the little rabbit I've heard so much about from the local Pians?"
"Yup." Kigaku says.
"I assume you're going to try and take me back to Wizeman now, right?" Frostbite says.
"Not exactly." Kigaku says.

The wise Kitsune

The wise Kitsune

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, music, yeah
Orphearus was walking out of the small nightopian town of Azree. "Well... no sign of ideya he-" He stopped mid-sentence as he saw a Pink-Moth Nightmaren. "Maybe she knows about any ideya around here..." Phearus floated over and asked her "Hello, fellow maren... would you happen to know about any ideya around here?"

Deraj

Deraj

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts
Luna's heart skipped a beat. Another Maren? Here?! Frostbite wasn't anywhere near to protect her, and she was as powerless as a Pian. Luna was about to run like a mouse from a cat. But, it dawned on her that if this Maren knew about Frosty's betrayal, and her going along with him, he would have already tried to kill her on the spot.
"Uh, no, I don't." Luna says, trying to remain calm.
Orphearus sniffs around her. "But you smell like Ideya."
Luna's heart once again skips a beat as she tries to whip up a convincing lie.
"Well, uh, that's because I just, uh, ate one." Luna says desperately. She knew she was dying.
"You... Ate one?" Phearus asks in disbelief.
"Yes, I, ah, I ate the last one in the town, just a minute ago." Luna says, beginning to scoot away. "And now, I, ah, gotta take care of a thing, at the place. Right now. Bye."
With that, Luna quickly flies away in a panic, knowing that Orphearus didn't buy it for a second.

(XD Only one thing for Phearus to do. Follow her. XD)

"Ah. So, you're supposed to find me and NiGHTS, and drag both our sorry butts back to Nightmare, but you're not going to yet, because you like it here." Frostbite says.
"Yes." Kigaku says.
"But, you tracked me down... Why, again?" Frostbite asks.
"Because we knew you'd be after Reala, and I don't want you to get yourself destroyed." Kigaku says.
"Riiight... You realise, now, I'm just going to have to drag you along for the ride, whether you want to or not." Frostbite says, keeping an eye on an Ideya floating in the distance.
"Why is that?" Kigaku asks.
"Because, those potions you whipped up for my escape where marvelous, and I may need a shot of something during my inevitable fight with Reala, and whoever the h*ll is guarding Selph's Staff." Frostbite says. "I mean, you don't want me to get killed, and I'm gonna go no matter what, so, your only option now is to come along and make sure I don't die, right?" Frostbite says, smirking.
Kigaku's eyes widen. Frosty had a point. As always.
"D*mn you." Kigaku mutters.
"Thank you." Frostbite says, smirking, watching as the Ideya floats closer to him.
Every Maren knew that Ideya where simply Dreamers that where having Dreamless nights. There where only two ways for a Dreamer to manifest 'physically' in the dream realm, and that was if:
1: A Maren or a Pian gets their hands on the Ideya, or
2: The dreamer became Lucid.
Either way, the dreamer was going to have an interesting experience.
There where a few other things, but Frostbite didn't care. He was too focused on the Ideya. Getting ever closer. Close enough to-
"Frosty." Kigaku says, breaking Frostbite out of his trance.
"Eh? What?" Frosty asks, annoyed.
"You got that look in your eye. The same look every other Maren in Nightmare gets whenever they see Ideya. You may call yourself a 'Free Maren', but you still cause the same havoc." Kigaku says.
"Hey, I say I'm a Free Maren. That's true. I never said I was a 'Good Maren.'" Frostbite says, snatching the Ideya out of mid-air, ready to terrorize the dreamer. Kigaku sighs.
Frostbite shoots him a look. "Those human emotions of yours are already beginning to grate on my nerves." He says, before releasing the Ideya, irritated. "Oh, see? There. You happy now? You've made me lose my lunch."

iNSOMNiAC

iNSOMNiAC

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts
iNSOMNiAC lazily hovers over the waterfall area, concealed behind the branches and leaves of a large tree. He glares down at Frostbite, a sneer on his face. He wants to try and fight Reala? The grey-toned Nightmaren drops down behind Frosty and Kigaku, snatching the escaped Ideya on the way. He eyes the two wearily, arms crossed and tail lashing.

"Well, well, well...Lets see..A poor little Ideya-maren and a wannabe-traitor..."

Deraj

Deraj

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts
Frostbite looks at iNSOMNiAC as if he wheren't a threat at all. It was a mistake on his part. To Frosty, iNSOMNiAC was just that Level-Two Nameless Maren that showed up whenever Reala was mentioned.
"Oh. It's you. The creepy stalker dude that looks like a girl. ... And apparently you can't count, either." Frostbite says, pointing a thumb at Fig, who had fallen asleep under the very tree iNSOMNiAC had just come out of.
"Look, I don't have time for your ranting today, so just scram, eh?" Frostbite says, shooing at iNSOMNiAC.
'I thought I killed him when I escaped...' Frostbite thinks, standing up lazily. "Let's go, Dustrag. Wake up your pet and let's get away from the fanboy. Girl. Whatever the h*ll it is."

iNSOMNiAC

iNSOMNiAC

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts
iNSOMNiAC scoffs at Frostbite's insults, idly rolling the Ideya about in his hands. "Actually, I don't feel like 'scramming'. I think I'll stay here and wring some info out of you instead." Somni flashes a toothy grin at Frostbite and tosses the Ideya to the other 'maren. "How about you tell me where you're going, hmm?"

The wise Kitsune

The wise Kitsune

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
"Hey! Come back!" Orphearus chased the small maren, and she eventually lead him to 2 maren. A Ice-cat and a Tall grey-ish one. Phearus ignored the Pink Moth maren and watched the other 2 Maren behind a large rock. The cat Maren was yelling at the Tall, Grey one. He spotted the Ideya, and grinned. "If I could just get the ideya somehow..." He said to himself.

Deraj

Deraj

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts
Frostbite smirks, watching Luna careen out of control toward iNSOMNiAC, crashing right into him.
"Was that-?!" Kigaku sputters.
"Sometimes I love this girl." Frostbite says, grinning. The grin quickly vanishes as iNSOMNi grabs her, lengthening his nails threateningly.
"And sometimes I hate her guts." Frostbite sighs.
"Now, back to the questions. Where are you going?" iNSOMNiAC says.
"I like that song." Frostbite says.
"I MEAN-"
"I know what you mean. And I have no answer. 'Cause I don't know. I could be going anywhere. Nobody knows where the Staff of Selph is, anyway." Frostbite says. "Even the tracking animal probably doesn't know." Frostbite says, pointing a thumb at Fig, who was still asleep.
"The Staff of Selph is a myth." iNSOMNi says, annoyed.
"Wizeman and Reala don't seem to think so." Frostbite says, smirking. "Reala never told you, did he? Wizeman's sent him after the Staff of Selph. That's why he's in Nightopia. And that's why you're here in Nightopia, too. But, by the looks of it..." Frostbite says, beginning to grin twistedly. "You've lost your way in trying to track down Reala, haven't you?"

iNSOMNiAC

iNSOMNiAC

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts
iNSOMNiAC snarls and tosses Luna to the ground. "You're lying. I know it. Reala isn't foolish enough to believe in such a pathetic myth. Wizeman must have sent him t do something else..But is using this as cover.." The grey Nightmaren swishes his tail, thinking. "Besides..Why would Wizeman just get it himself?"

Deraj

Deraj

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts
Frostbite looks at iNSOMNi impatiently. "Well maybe the 'Wize-Man' forgot where he stashed the bloody thing. How should I know?"
Frostbite takes the Ideya from Dusty, and begins walking back and forth, acting as if he had the upper hand.
"Uh... Frosty?" Luna whispers in Frosty's ear.
"What?" Frostbite asks.
"Someone followed me here..." Luna whimpers.
"Where is he?" Frostbite whispers.
"I don't know. I was too busy running away." Luna says timidly. "He was looking for Ideya."
Frostbite's eye twitches as he glances at the Ideya in his hands. "Ah, sh*t." Frostbite mutters.

The wise Kitsune

The wise Kitsune

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
"Shhhh*T!" He whispered to himself. "What do I do... Ambush or run? Ambush or Run?!?" He looked at the cat-maren, who looked angry, yet scared. "No... they have good information.... about Selph..." Orphearus decided to hide until they lost suspicion.

iNSOMNiAC

iNSOMNiAC

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts
iNSOMNiAC mumbles something to himself about 'foolishness' and sniffs the air a bit. "Hrmmm..." He looks around, his tail still lashing back-and-forth, much like an angry cat's. "Look, I don't want to play any games...Tell me everything you know about the myth. If Wizeman has indeed sent Reala out to find it, there's going to be some danger involved for him." Somni seems to have an almost protective tone in his voice.

The wise Kitsune

The wise Kitsune

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
"So... Reala is after it..." Phearus looked at the tall, Grey maren. "Why does he know so much about this... Staff?"

Deraj

Deraj

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts
"You can't seriously tell me you don't know the myth. Every Maren across the Dreamscape knows it." Frostbite says, before sighing. "It can't hurt to tell you a MYTH. Especially since it doesn't really have any USEFUL information. Basically, Selph used to be the only level-one maren in existance at one point. Everyone knows that. That was truth. However, Wizeman got rid of him because he was growing in power too quickly. That's true. The MYTH is that Wizeman was unable to actually KILL Selph, and had to seal Selph inside his own staff. The Staff contains Selph's conciousness. Or, at the very least, his power. The staff itself, after being fused with Selph, apparently got a few... Unique properties." Frostbite says. "The properties vary from myth to myth. Turning Maren and Pians into humans, fusing with the user and giving him unequalled strength, etcetera. The problem is, is that if Selph's power is greater than that of the user, Selph will be able to break loose, using the body of the person holding the staff, etcetera... You can see where this is headed from a mile away. Selph could try and kill Wizeman for sealing him away." Frostbite says, rolling the Ideya around in his palm.
"Where is the Staff?" iNSOMNiAC asks.
"Ah, THAT varies from myth to myth as well. So, nobody knows. Even Wizeman has forgotten." Frostbite says, smirking. "And even if you find it, there's something you have to do to get into the chamber to begin with. That also varies from myth to myth. Anything from finding one of each type of Ideya, to beating an ancient Guardian Maren. You name it, it's been put down as a requirement. Sacrificing Lucid Dreamers and Pians, bringing thousands of Ideya as fuel to burn away the seal... Even sacrificing other Maren and Mepians. There's a whole list." Frostbite says, shaking his head. "See? No useful information. Although, if that bit about the Guardian Maren is true..." Frostbite says, smirking. "I may just be able to skip the whole bloody thing and watch Reala die."
Frostbite snickers a little, beginning to walk toward Orphearus' hiding place. "Well, I can gurantee you one thing. Reala isn't going to have a pleasant time. Go ahead and warn him if you want, but if I know Reala like I think I do, he's not gonna listen to a bloody thing you say." Suddenly, Frostbite looks straight up at Orphearus, creating a large claw made of ice and sending it straight toward Orphearus-

iNSOMNiAC

iNSOMNiAC

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts
iNSOMNiAC snarls and storms after Frostbite. "How can you act so nonchalantly? Do you really want to be classified as a traitor? If what you say is true, then Reala's going to need help containing this thing. Besides, think for a moment! If we help-and that's if Reala lets us help-Wizeman would most likely reward us..Greatly, I'm sure." The grey 'maren purrs a bit at the thought. "He may even bump us up in rank~Think about it, brother, wouldn't you rather be seen as good in Wizeman's eyes? Surely you don't want to incur his wrath?"

The wise Kitsune

The wise Kitsune

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
"Yaaa!" Phearus dodged the ice shards, and came out of his hiding place. "Whats the big idea?! Do you do that to all of the Nightmaren that pass by?!?" He got angry and took out his harp, and made it transform into a sword.

Deraj

Deraj

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts
Frostbite glances at Phearus. "No, only the ones that hide out in trees and spy on me."
Frostbite turns his attention back to iNSOMNi. "You really don't get it, do you? I wiped out half of Wizeman's army, I hate Reala's guts, and I'd rather stab myself in the leg than go back to working for Wizeman, even if it does get me bumped up another rank. The only reason I'm trying to find the Staff before Reala is so I can be early for the show, when whatever's guarding that Staff rips him into tiny little shreds of flying clown."
Frostbite begins to circle iNSOMNi, moving the Ideya around in his hands, almost as if inspecting it for flaws.
"And as for incurring Wizeman's wrath... You're a little late for that. I've incurred it. Oh, have I incurred it." Frostbite says, before pointing at Luna. "And I have her trailing after my every step as proof."
Frostbite slowly turns away from iNSOMNi. "However... If it is a team-up you're trying to get at..."
"Frosty, are you actually considering a truce?" Dusty asks.
"Eh, why not? I'm already in head-hunting trouble. I can't get in any worse trouble. Besides, seeing the fan-boy torn to shreds right along-side Reala would be an entertaining sight. We are all civilized Nightmaren here, right? We'll work together, right up until we run into Reala. Then, if you like, you can split, like the fanboy you are." Frostbite says, smirking, before turning to Phearus.
"And you... The Maren not created by Wizeman. The Abomination. Orphearus, right? I know about you. You hate Wizeman and Reala just as much, if not more than I do. You'd love nothing more than to see Wizeman fall, am I right?" Frostbite asks.
"How do you know that?" Phearus asks.
"The local Nightopians can't keep their mouths shut. Like high-school girls. I know you've lost someone to Wizeman. You help us, you could be a serious pain in his a**. Even better: The Staff has powers that nobody knows about. Perhaps, just perhaps..." Frostbite smirks, tossing the Ideya to Orphearus, as if it where a pen to sign a contract. If he hadn't already hooked Phearus, he had definitely presented some very attractive bait.
"What do you two say, hm? The Fanboy, the Traitor, the Abomination, the Insect, the Medicine-Maren, and his Little Bunny, too. All working together to find Selph's Staff."
Frostbite turns his attention back to iNSOMNi, who he could tell wasn't hooked quite yet.
"And, if we find it before Reala, don't you think he'll be impressed with your skills? Think about it: You may just end up as his right-hand maren. At his side, every day. The possibilities from there are endless. Isn't that what you want?" Frostbite asks, smirking. Now, to see if they swallowed the bait.

iNSOMNiAC

iNSOMNiAC

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts
iNSOMNiAC tilts his head, thinking..."You may just end up as his right-hand maren. At his side, every day. The possibilities from there are endless. Isn't that what you want?" He grins widely, his sharp teeth glinting faintly. Oooh~That'd be nice..The higher in rank I get..The closer I'll get to Wizeman... Somni laughs softly, nodding a bit. "Yes..Yes..Brilliant idea...I like the way you think, Traitor." The grey Nightmaren purrs again. "Well then..." He turns to Orphearus. "Are you going to join us?" iNSOMNiAC moves up a bit, standing beside Frostbite..Grinning darkly.

The wise Kitsune

The wise Kitsune

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
Orphearus thought. Why should I help them? They are probably just going to use me.. But the staff.. and Wizeman... "Fine I will join, but let me tell you a couple of things.. 1. I'm not an Abomination 2. How do you know I lost someone to... Wiseman?"

Deraj

Deraj

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts
Frostbite smirks. "I like to keep myself informed by any means possible. Nothing happens in Nightmare or Nightopia that this street cat doesn't know about."

Frostbite looks over the group. Not exactly a team of Advanced Level-Twos by any stretch of the imagination. Of course, he only took them at face value. It probably wouldn't be long until he saw them in a fight.
"Kigaku, wake up your little pet." Frostbite says. "We need a heading."
"We're not on a ship." Kigaku says.
"Just shut up and get me some bloody directions." Frostbite says.

***Little Time Passes***

"West." The Child-Like Ideya-maren says, pointing. "That's where NiGHTS is. But there are a few teams of Level-Two and Level-Three Maren searching for him as well. ... They're not headed in the right direction, either."
"Good." Frosty says.
"No, they're headed in our direction." Fig says.
"Bad." Kigaku says.
"How long?" Frosty asks impatiently.
"A while." Fig says, smiling.
"We can circle around them easily." iNSOMNi says.
"How many, exactly?" Frosty asks.
"Five Teams of All Level-Two Maren, Ten Teams of Level-Three Maren lead by Level-Two Maren." Fig says. "Five Maren to a team."
"Seventy-Five of them?!" Frosty sputters. "That's insane!"

iNSOMNiAC

iNSOMNiAC

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts
"Seventy-five..? Hm..." iNSOMNiAC taps his foot a bit. "Prehaps..We could go back and then circle around them? I know a few shortcuts in this area..." He hums softly to himself, thinking some more. "Or..You could just let me take care of them. Since I seem the be the only pure, loyal Nightmaren in this group..We could pose as another, smaller scouting party..Say..A non-official one?"

Deraj

Deraj

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts
"Yeah, and then what?" Frostbite asks, annoyed. "Once they see my a** in this little group, they're bound to catch- Hey, what are you doing?!"
Kigaku quickly begins wrapping Frostbite in chains. "Well, I was sent to capture you in the first place. Let's pretend I succeeded. Orphearus, I'm afraid I'm gonna have to chain you up as well. There are seventy-five of them, odds are someone's gonna recognise you."
"You must be kidding." Frostbite says. "Nobody's gonna believe that you cau- What are you doing now?" Frostbite asks, watching as Kigaku takes out an ink well and dips two of his tails into it.
"I'm putting a seal mark on your foreheads. You're going to have to pretend to be unconcious. There's no magic in either this or the chains, so you and Orphearus can make a break for it if need be." Kigaku says, marking both Frostbite and Orphearus with the ink.
"Clever." Frostbite says.
"Stop moving. You'll make me mess up. It has to look real." Kigaku says. After a few minutes, Kigaku nods. "Okay, it's done, and it's dry. All we need to do is move, now." Kigaku says.

"Yeah. This is humiliating as h*ll." Frostbite says. "Why ain't Luna chained up?"
"Because Luna's not stupid enough to fight back, that's why." Kigaku says. "Now be quiet. You're supposed to be unconcious, and we're getting close to a group of Maren."
"Yeah, yeah..."

iNSOMNiAC

iNSOMNiAC

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts
iNSOMNiAC laughs softly to himself. "Clever, clever. I'm surprised that I didn't think of this." He laughs again, but quiets down as they approach the group...

Deraj

Deraj

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts
"Well, well. Lookit what you've caught, Kigaku. A Traitor, and an Abomination. Wizeman will be pleased."
Kigaku looks around. "What-? Spectrum? Spectrum, is that you?" Kigaku asks.
"Perhaps..." Spectrum says, beginning to appear, clinging to the trunk of a tree, his body coming in from a dark shade of purple, and ending up a strange, tarnished gold color.
"Who is this?" iNSOMNiAC asks.
"Spectrum. He turns invisible, but he can also change color, depending on what kind of a mood he's in. This is his normal color. He can also violently twist light into a weapon, or a snare. He's a Level-Three Humaren Scout. Demoted again after failing his first three Level-Two missions. All in a row. I used to patch him up every few days or so." Kigaku says.
"Actually, I'm Level-Two again, now. I've been promoted again since you left." Spectrum says. "I had to start working pretty hard unless I wanted to end up dead, without you to patch me up."
"Ah." Kigaku says. "My mistake. What are you doing all the way out here, then?"
"Trying to track down NiGHTS." Spectrum says. "And, seeing as you caught this Traitor, you're doing the same?"
"Pretty much, yeah." Kigaku says. "Of course, with all of you out here, NiGHTS is probably on the fly again. I prefer to wait for him to slow down and drop his guard. All you people out here... You're just making my job harder, destroying everything in your paths, pretty much broadcasting 'HEY! WE'RE OVER HERE! RUN LIKE THE WIND!!' Of course, you'd know that."
Spectrum laughs. "I can see what you mean, but we can't exactly turn back. Wizeman would chew us out."
"Tell me something I don't know." Kigaku says. "Well, iNSOMNiAC, Fig and I had better get moving. NiGHTS ain't exactly going to slow down just for us."
"Yeah, okay." Spectrum says, nodding at Kigaku, before disapperaing again.
iNSOMNi looks at Kigaku, relieved that Spectrum hadn't sounded the alarm. "That was lucky."
"Not really. I'm Nightmare's only Medical Maren. Everyone in Nightmare has come to see me at one point or another. Even Reala on some rare occasions." Kigaku says.
"Odds are, though, you won't be able to luck your way out of every encounter." Frostbite mutters.
"You're supposed to be dead. Shut up." Kigaku says, shaking the chains.

The wise Kitsune

The wise Kitsune

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
"I dont want to be unconscious! I want to fight!" Phearus said, shaking and wiggling in the chains. He looked like a helpless bug.

Deraj

Deraj

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts
"You'll have your chance. Now shut up or I'll freeze your mouth shut." Frostbite says.
"Shh! Spectrum was just a scout. Personally, I wouldn't like to be impaled by the next maren that comes along!" Kigaku says. It was clear he was getting irritated. "Like spoiled human children..." Kigaku mutters under his breath.
"Who're you calling-?!"
"Shh!" Fig whispers, cutting Frostbite off. "Four more Level-two Maren up ahead. And they're not as friendly as Spectrum."

The wise Kitsune

The wise Kitsune

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
One of the maren, with a mask on, Stiched up shirt, long cape, nurse hat and giant Syringe came along. "Hey..." She nudged the other nightmaren. "Hey look.. fresh bait. Looks like someone captured these scoundrels.."

Deraj

Deraj

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts
'I'm bored, bored, bored, bored, bored.' Frostbite thinks. He still had to pretend to be unconcious, but he had a plan. He almost never had any 'true' plan. More like a whim that got his butt into or out of trouble, depending on the situation. But this one... This was a good 'plan'. They where all good. In his head, at least. Until then, he had to sit and wait. Even though his eyes where closed, he could still see. Two of the seven shards that floated around him acted as extra eyes, seeing what he couldn't. Unfortunately, Frosty was lying down at an odd angle, and he could only see one of the Maren. 'A new Medical Maren? Apparently. Wizeman must have realized that more Medical Maren out in the field would mean less Maren Deaths. D*mn. Looks like Dusty's got competition.'

iNSOMNiAC

iNSOMNiAC

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts
A strange, black blob followed behind the nurse-like 'Maren. It suddenly rose up and formed a vaguely humanoid upper torso..The odd Nightmaren, named VOiD, tilted it's head. It's glowing blue eyes were locked onto the small group.

iNSOMNiAC shivered and whispered to Kigaku, "Looks like Wizeman's been having fun with the newer 'Marens, huh..?"

Deraj

Deraj

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts
"You're telling me..." Kigaku mutters.

Frostbite manages to inconspicuously move one of the 'sight' shards, getting a full view of the four maren.
There was a strange, black blob right behind the nurse-like maren. Frostbite felt a chill run up his spine. It was the first time that had happened since Frosty had even thought of defecting in the first place, but this was different. This was a bad shiver.
The other two where just as strange as the first.

The third maren appeared to be almost a cousin to the blob, except this one was translucent a few places, and that translucency lead to purple stripes over a few areas of it's body. It was wearing a silver... Skin?-tight body glove, which had four yellow gems, two in the back of it's hands, and two on it's knees. There was a strange hole in the suit, allowing Frosty to see just more black blob and see-through purple stripes. It had no eyes to speak of, and it's hands had two fingers, and two thumbs on opposite sides, as well as a two-toed foot. It's gender was arguable, but also a moot point. ... If it even had a gender, that is...

The fourth of the group was nothing more than a shiny, purple, rabbit-like Mepian. More angelic in appearance than actual Maren, and not very intimidating at all. The Mepian itself was dangling in the grip of the more humanoid, two-thumbed Maren. It almost looked like it was about to be eaten. Which, given the circumstances, was highly likely.
Just as Frosty began to wonder if the blobs could even talk, the more humanoid one began to motion with one hand. Almost a sort of sign language.

iNSOMNiAC

iNSOMNiAC

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts
VOiD nodded to it's cousin and melted back into blob. It swiftly slipped past the nurse-Maren and reformed directly in front of the group. It formed hand-like shape out it's arm and pointed to Frostbite.

Frostbite struggled to remain still...These two 'Maren were freaking him out. And by the look on Somni's face, he wasn't the only one scared. "This is bad...Are these guys some new kind of scout Nightmaren or what..?

iNSOMNiAC growled deeply at the black blob-Maren. "No, you can't have him. He's our prisoner, and we are going to take him in." The grey Nightmaren shivered again. Something seemed very..Wrong.

The wise Kitsune

The wise Kitsune

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
"Well... These look like fine specimen to...test on." Scars (Nurse Maren) said with a evil grin. "Hee hee hee..."

Deraj

Deraj

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts
iNK, the more humanoid of the blobs, ignores iNSOMNiAC, and begins to reach toward Frostbite and Orphearus, extending it's arm and getting a tight grip on the chains.
"Oh no you don't!" Kigaku says, taking out his flute and holding it near his mouth. "If you don't let him go, you'll be scattered all over the dreamscape!"
iNK simply hauls Frosty and Orphearus up over it's shoulders, bearing the weight effortlessly.
Kigaku plays a quick tune that changes from high to low notes several times, one after the other. Before iNK knew what had happened, just like Kigaku had said, he was scattered all over the dreamscape. He had exploded from the inside out. But it didn't matter.
"What the-?!" Kigaku watches, disgusted, as what remained of iNK's body began to gather toward where he had exploded originally. It was regenerating. And, as the translucent pieces, and the gems, of it's body began to glow a furious red, it was obvious that he wasn't too happy.
The Mepian that had been in iNK's grip shakes it's head at Kigaku. "You've done it now, stupid. Gone and made him mad..."
"Well, how do I stop it?!" Kigaku yells.
"How should I know? I got caught, remember?" The Mepian says, floating over to a tree to watch the impending fight. "Have fun."
Suddenly, iNK's arm shoots toward Kigaku, who leans backwards to dodge it.
Frosty begins to wiggle slightly. It was obvious that this plan was going to h*ll. However, Kigaku shoots him a look, and he stops moving. It was already bad enough. It didn't need to get more complicated. This was only the first group. He and iNSOMNiAC would take care of it. Despite being outnumbered. And, very probably, overpowered.

The wise Kitsune

The wise Kitsune

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
"iNK! This is no time to start a fight! You take the other two! I will deal with this maren..." Scars prepared her giant Syringe like a gun. "Fire when ready! Hehehehee!" Scars quickly shot 6 syringes filled with a red liquid towards Kigaku. Orphearus wiggled around, trying to struggle out of iNK's grasp.

iNSOMNiAC

iNSOMNiAC

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts
VOiD let out an odd, gurgled growl and pounced at iNSOMNiAC suddenly.

Obviously startled, Somni sprung backwards and into a tree. The grey Maren sighs and shakes his head. "Big mistake, squishy." Somni lunges at VOiD, claws extended and tail whipping. He slashes and hacks at the blob-Maren, but to no avail. All the cuts and injuries simply heal and reform...

The wise Kitsune

The wise Kitsune

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
"I cant believe this...Fine iNK, I will take these two, You fight... The others look good to operate on in the meantime." Scars ignored all other maren and took Frostbite first. She unrolled her giant Syringe like a scroll and showed off all of her operating tools. She opened a small space in the chains and took out a small syringe with a red,thick liquid. "Dont worry... This will only hurt alot... Heeheehee...."

Deraj

Deraj

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts
Frostbite suddenly opens his eyes as the needle is stuck into him. He smirks. "You imbecile."
Before Scars knew what was going on, 'Frostbite' had turned into nothing more than a living ice statue. A Replicate. And it didn't look too happy. Scars looks over to see 'Orphearus' had also turned into a replicate. Both of them easily bust out of the chains. Frostbite and Orphearus wheren't there. It was a trick. But then where were-
"You looking for someone?" Frostbite says.
Behind her-? What? How?!
Scars feels something sharp up against her back. Orphearus' sword?
"Call them off." Frostbite says. "Even if the Abomination here isn't able to finish you off, the replicates will. And one of them ain't too happy about that needle sticking out of his gut. Recognise it? See how the fluid is going from the wound, and concentrating in one of his fingers? See how sharp his nails are becoming? I can guess you know where this is going to go, hm?"
This was Frostbite's favorite part. The 'Negotiation.' This is what he was meant for. Sick, manipulating interrogations, designed to break down a person's will in one swift movement. VOiD and iNK stop dead in their tracks and stare at Frosty.
Would he actually kill her? He had nothing to lose, that was for sure.
"What... Do... You... Want...?" iNK manages to say. His speech was horribly mangled, as if someone had ripped out his voice-box, trampled on it, and put it back in.
"So, it speaks." Frostbite says, smirking. "All we need is safe passage, but you seem to have screwed that up fantasticly, so all I need is information."
"What... Inform... ation...?" iNK says, wheezing as he speaks.
"You're no search party. Search parties don't stop for snacks." Frostbite says, pointing a thumb at the Mepian.
"Hey, leave me out of this." The Mepian says.
"Shut up, or I might just let him eat you." Frostbite says, turning one of his arms to point a shard of ice at the Mepian, who was still sitting at the base of the tree. The other arm remained at his side, pointing a shard at Scars' back.
"We... 'Open Agents'... We... Take care of... Any 'Sudden Buisness.'" iNK says.
"So, you roam Nightopia looking for anything that may cause trouble for Wizeman." Frostbite says. "And today it was NiGHTS."
"At least until you showed up, anyway." Scars says.
"Did I say you could speak?" Frostbite asks, poking the shard threateningly into Scars' back.

The wise Kitsune

The wise Kitsune

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
" Dont get fresh with the main medical commander... I didnt know those where clones... but now I know your anatomy. With that, I can hit your weak nerve endings to make you weak. Besides..." She paused "You dont know my weak points..."

Deraj

Deraj

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts
"That's true enough." Frostbite says. "But it won't matter if I just let the replicate inject your own poison right into you, now will it?"
Frostbite glances at Kigaku. "It seems Wizeman's replaced you with this pest. Strange, meeting your replacement, eh?"
"Frosty, just get this over with. NiGHTS is getting farther away." Kigaku says.
"Fine. Killjoy." Frosty mutters, before glancing at his replicate. It takes a step forward and raises it's arm to scratch Scars.
"Not like that!!" Kigaku yells.
"Well now you're just being unreasonable!" Frosty says, making a waving motion at the replicate. It promptly puts it's arm by it's side.
"We just need passage. Most of the search teams have probably moved on by now, so it's going to be a clear shot to NiGHTS." Kigaku says.
"Fine, but you better do that thing you do." Frostbite says.
"What thing?" Kigaku asks.
Frostbite waves his hand in front of his face.
"Oh, that. Good point." Kigaku says, taking out his flute again. "What about the Mepian?"
"Take him along with us. I might get hungry." Frostbite says.
"What are you talking about?" Scars asks, annoyed.
"Doesn't matter. In a second, you won't remember any of this. ... Unless you're freakishly resilient, in which case, next time we meet, I'll kill you." Frostbite says. "Hit it, Kigaku."
Kigaku begins to play a sad-sounding tune, and Scars, iNK and VOiD slowly begin to pass out where they stand, collapsing in a heap. Frostbite kicks the unconscious Scars into the pile of goo that is VOiD, before beginning to walk away.
"Well, that was a pain in the a**." Frostbite says, picking up the 'scroll' of Medical equipment that Scars had been using. "Nightmare." Frostbite mutters, tossing the equipment aside. "I'm glad you've just got healing hands instead of sharp pointy things. That's the closest thing to a compliment you'll ever get outta me."
Frostbite turns to look at the Mepian. "And then there was one."
"Frosty, what are you doing?" Kigaku asks.
"Just tying up a loose end." Frostbite says, quickly grabbing the Mepian. "So, I offer you a choice, shrimp. You either die now, slowly and painfully by my hand, or you die later of natural causes. Maybe. I don't see the future."
"Later is better." The Mepian says.
"Good." Frostbite says, tossing the Mepian toward Fig. "Here. You take care of him until the 'Natural Cause' gets hungry."
"WHAT?!" The Mepian yells.
"On the road again." Frostbite says flatly, referencing a Waking World song he had heard in a child's dream.

*Several hours later*

Frostbite sighs, giving Kigaku an annoyed look. "It's been three hours, and we haven't seen hide nor hair of this flying clown. It's almost Moon-Break in the Waking World, and if we don't hurry up, in another few hours, this place will be crawling with Nightmaren!" Frostbite says, looking around for any 'Early Birds'.
"It's always Moon-Break somewhere, Frostbite. NiGHTS is still a Nightmaren, so he's just as attracted to Ideya as everyone else. He'll be looking for Red Ideya wherever the highest quantity of other Ideya are at the time." Kigaku says.
"Great, and where do you suppose that is?" Frostbite asks.
"Well, what's your favorite place to hang out?" Kigaku asks. "Just to wait for the Ideya to come to you."
"Delight City." Frostbite says.
"That's where he's going." Kigaku says.
"You must be kidding me." Frostbite says. "Delight City isn't exactly a place where Courage resides. It's the seediest place in Nightopia, right on the edge of the Borderlands!"
"I'm not talking about the slum where you hang out. I mean the rooftops of Delight City. The very top. The Neon Signs, the Billiards Tables-"
"It's called POOL, and I doubt he'd head there. That place would be crawling with Nightmaren, regardless of how many Ideya where there." Frostbite says.
"Well, let's let Orphearus and iNSOMNi decide." Kigaku says, motioning to the two Nightmaren.
"Don't I get a say in this?" The Mepian, who they had found out was called Ameshisuto (Amethyst in Japanese), says.
"No." Frostbite says. "You're just the talking snack."

The wise Kitsune

The wise Kitsune

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
"Ooooo! Delight City! I heard they have great bars there!" Orphearus laughed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users