Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Juex France Stuff

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Machenstein

Machenstein

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts
http://www.jeux-fran...les-nuages.html

There are three magazine scans below. The third scan in particular has a couple interesting stuff such as the CG renders of Reala and Wizeman as well as two new screenshots of the chameleon boss. Anyone care to translate?

Xenon

Xenon

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, Automotive, Anime, Video Games in general, Drawing, Driving, Bowling, Snowboarding, other such funstuffs ^.^
mmm... pretty... sadly, I cannot translate...

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
Hm.. Chameleon environment looks interesting

beware the mines..

Tsunami

Tsunami

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • Interests:Ecology, biology, wildlife studies, art (including sculpting, photography, illustration, and animation), video games
Ooo, new scans. Nice!

I can try to do some translation later tonight; at the moment I only have about five more minutes before I need to run off, so it'll have to wait 'til later.

EDIT: By the way, the chameleon's name appears to be "Kyameran".

Meggiemaccat

Meggiemaccat

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
EEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! The pian's playing the flute! ..... *watches as the small hope she had of Jackle being in the game gets flushed down the toilet* Oh well, I was trying to squish that hope before I became disappointed, anyway. ^-^' ..... That nose of the chameleon boss's now looks even more like it's an eye. *shudders at the cyclops chameleon* I'm glad he's not short and squat like I was expecting, though; it seems he bounces around on his tail and looks, dare I say it, kinda cool. ^^' Seems to me (and just to me, it seems) that he might not be as bad a 'replacement' for Jackle as we thought. ..... Of course, nobody can replace the king of card-slinging crazieness.

Jackle: You bet your @$$ noone can!!! D< *fumes*

Hey, at least he's not you. ^^'

Jackle: Dear god, you're giving me nightmares!!! ><'

Niraven

Niraven

Ninja News Reporter

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, Zelda, Sonic, Resident Evil, artwork, photography, cats, dragons, random stuff, games of course

http://www.jeux-france.com/news22821_night...les-nuages.html

There are three magazine scans below. The third scan in particular has a couple interesting stuff such as the CG renders of Reala and Wizeman as well as two new screenshots of the chameleon boss. Anyone care to translate?

This isn't really new or big news. The only newish thing is the 2nd screen of the Chameleon boss and maybe something in the text, but other than that, nichts. Martijn and I gave TRiPPY and DiGi the 3D renders of Wizeman and Reala a good while ago and the 1st Chameleon screen came from an American Nintendo Power a month back as I recall.

Ask staff member Seiya for a translation, that's probably your best bet.

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • Interests:Video games, NiGHTS, Sonic The Hedgehog, computer, drawing, reading, Egypt, more video games...
Kyameran? Wow that's...uh...what? O.o

Also, I can't tell to well but it looks like the chameleon boss doesn't have feet. I am not sure, the image is pretty hard to see. Anyone else notice that, or am I blind?

Niraven

Niraven

Ninja News Reporter

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, Zelda, Sonic, Resident Evil, artwork, photography, cats, dragons, random stuff, games of course

Also, I can't tell to well but it looks like the chameleon boss doesn't have feet. I am not sure, the image is pretty hard to see. Anyone else notice that, or am I blind?

"Kyameran" is katakana for Chameleon.

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • Interests:Video games, NiGHTS, Sonic The Hedgehog, computer, drawing, reading, Egypt, more video games...

Ah ok. Now that makes sense. Sorry, but I lack the knowledge of Japanses wording. But wait...is that really its name or is that what they are just calling it because they don't know its name. Seems kinda silly for it's name to actually be that don't you think?

Meggiemaccat

Meggiemaccat

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts

I've noticed, either that or his legs are much shorter than his arms and are in such a position that they can't be seen.

As for Kyameran... the sense-making of that name probably depends on pronunciation.

Niraven

Niraven

Ninja News Reporter

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Ah ok. Now that makes sense. Sorry, but I lack the knowledge of Japanses wording. But wait...is that really its name or is that what they are just calling it because they don't know its name. Seems kinda silly for it's name to actually be that don't you think?

I doubt the name is "Chameleon". It's probably saying something like "this is the Chameleon boss" or "this boss looks like a chameleon". Something along those lines.

Japanese is so hilarious sometimes. Katakana, if you didn't know, is the alphabet used for foreign words, usually based off English.
Example: milk= miruku
Of course milk is a hilarious example because the Japanese word for milk is "gyuunuu", but they prefer to use katakana with that one for some reason half the time.

NiGHTS= Naitsu
Link= Rinku
video/tv game= terebi gemu

etc.

Machenstein

Machenstein

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts
What does the black bar above the chameleon screenshots say? Also Kyameran?

Drannore

Drannore

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts
Man, I wish that I knew Japanese, but here in Canada, you have to learn French. Oh well. At least that Chameleon boss has an interesting arena. As a non-original game-playing NiGHTS fan, I really don't care about Jackal or any of the previous bosses.

I am so dead right now. (Runs to my fallout shelter)

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD

What does the black bar above the chameleon screenshots say? Also Kyameran?

I just roughly translated it to Kyameran. That might not be right. I used wikipedia. So I got Kyameran for the black bar.

YamiLover13

YamiLover13

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts

I doubt the name is "Chameleon". It's probably saying something like "this is the Chameleon boss" or "this boss looks like a chameleon". Something along those lines.

Japanese is so hilarious sometimes. Katakana, if you didn't know, is the alphabet used for foreign words, usually based off English.
Example: milk= miruku
Of course milk is a hilarious example because the Japanese word for milk is "gyuunuu", but they prefer to use katakana with that one for some reason half the time.

NiGHTS= Naitsu
Link= Rinku
video/tv game= terebi gemu

etc.

Oh yeah, now I remember. ^_^; I just didn't notice when I read the word because the way I said it...it didn't sound like Chameleon too much. So I didn't notice. Well now I feel stupid. Thats what I get for not doing too much with manga and anime for a long while, or studying the Japanese at all for that matter. ^_^;

shadow1111111

shadow1111111

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts
Ok, we've seen 4 bosses of NiD remade in JoD... They betta not suck! And Drannore, I am also a non-original game-playing fan, if that's possible... So I don't really have connections to the original game. I hope NiD is atleast unlockable OR, WHAT IF ONE OF THE LEVELS WAS FULLY REMADE EXACTLY IN THE NEW GRAPHICS?

Tsunami

Tsunami

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • Interests:Ecology, biology, wildlife studies, art (including sculpting, photography, illustration, and animation), video games

See, that's what had me confused in the scans. At first I thought the black bar read "chameleon" too, but then I looked at the vertical text over the screenshots. It reads "ま˜‚…つ— ‚ƒ ƒ‚ƒ"/"Majutsushi kameleon"/Summoner Chameleon. Chameleon in katakana is ‚ƒ ƒ‚ƒ (confirmed by Jim Breen). However, the box with the Maren's name reads "‚ƒƒƒƒ"/Kyameran.

To recap:
Chameleon = ‚ƒ ƒ‚ƒ
Boss' name = ‚ƒƒƒƒ

Unless it's a typo, the chameleon's name is indeed Kyameran.

Oy, sorry for the double post, but here's Reala's blurb translated (since I know everybody loves Reala):

NiGHTS' rival that Wizeman created!
Though similar to NiGHTS, his character is meanly brutal!

Lots of things we didn't know, right? ^_^ I'll get to Wizeman and Kyameran's blurbs later.

Niraven

Niraven

Ninja News Reporter

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts

See, that's what had me confused in the scans. At first I thought the black bar read "chameleon" too, but then I looked at the vertical text over the screenshots. It reads "まじゅつし カメ レオン"/"Majutsushi kameleon"/Summoner Chameleon. Chameleon in katakana is カメ レオン (confirmed by Jim Breen). However, the box with the Maren's name reads "キャメラン"/Kyameran.

To recap:
Chameleon = カメ レオン
Boss' name = キャメラン

Unless it's a typo, the chameleon's name is indeed Kyameran.

Rather amusing. The closest English name to that would be "Cameran". Cameran's not a NiGHTS sort of name though. Forgive my mistake with the katakana: I took Japanese 2-3 years ago and had a class filled to the brink with otakus, so I really really lost interest... I get so sick of how people assume since you're taking Japanese, you must be a Naruto fan, *gag*. I can't tell you how much I hated Advent Children after the kids in our class wanted to watch it every single stinking Friday. Other than French, Japanese is my least-familiar language I took. German and Spanish sit pretty comfortably under my belt. Dutch... a ways to go on that.

Unless "kya" means something in English as a prefix (my Japanese dictionary is more than 6,000 miles away), we're probably going to get a completely different name in English. An example of how names change drastically between languages, in Twilight Princess:
Japanese name for Colin's dad= Moi
English name for Colin's dad= Rusl

So Lord knows.

Again, ask Seiya, there's a reason why I don't like admitting I can read Japanese and understand a tiny bit. TT__TT *goes off to sulk*

Tsunami

Tsunami

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Rather amusing. The closest English name to that would be "Cameran". Cameran's not a NiGHTS sort of name though. Forgive my mistake with the katakana: I took Japanese 2-3 years ago and had a class filled to the brink with otakus, so I really really lost interest... I get so sick of how people assume since you're taking Japanese, you must be a Naruto fan, *gag*. I can't tell you how much I hated Advent Children after the kids in our class wanted to watch it every single stinking Friday. Other than French, Japanese is my least-familiar language I took. German and Spanish sit pretty comfortably under my belt. Dutch... a ways to go on that.

Unless "kya" means something in English as a prefix (my Japanese dictionary is more than 6,000 miles away), we're probably going to get a completely different name in English. An example of how names change drastically between languages, in Twilight Princess:
Japanese name for Colin's dad= Moi
English name for Colin's dad= Rusl

So Lord knows.

Again, ask Seiya, there's a reason why I don't like admitting I can read Japanese and understand a tiny bit. TT__TT *goes off to sulk*

Hehe, "Cameran/Cameron" crossed my mind as well. Cameron the Chameleon!

No worries about the katakana mistakes. Like I said, it nearly had me fooled too. That, and I still trip up on katakana occasionally (and don't get me started about how bad I am at kanji!). It's been three or four years since I last studied Japanese; I took five years worth of it in high school but haven't had time since then to fit it into my schedule. I keep up with it by reading tidbits from scans and books, and I was in Japan for a bit this spring, which really forced me to brush up. I'm capable of getting by, and that's about it. :)

Augh, I hate how studying Japanese = OTAKUDOM in the eyes of a lot of people. I've met some of the crazy otaku type before... not fun. Luckily my high school experience was largely devoid of zealous anime fans.

Anyway, back to our chameleon buddy. I'll run my translation by my older sister who majored in Japanese/East Asian Studies. She ought to be able to glean a lot more from the scans than I can. I'm curious to know what its name ends up being in English.

AYRiES

AYRiES

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts
Those 'pians look deliciously demented. Like they're all high on caffeine. However, nothing comes close to that one eyed monster of a boss. Holy. HELL. *dies* Now that would give me the worst kind of nightmares.

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
  • Interests:Pokemon and sonic team games.
J'étudie francais.
I shall have a look, but I'm not promising anything.
I've yet to get trough my first semester of French. >.>
Edit: Japanese magazines on a French site? Nooooooo!

Drannore

Drannore

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts
Here in Canada, you have to take French from first grade...but I just moved here, so I can't read any of that. Sorry...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users