Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Legend of Zelda: Glitches

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Niraven

Niraven

Ninja News Reporter

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, Zelda, Sonic, Resident Evil, artwork, photography, cats, dragons, random stuff, games of course
Due to straying posts at other topics (lol), I'm putting a thread here to talk about Zelda glitches. So let's kick it off with this: what's your favorite glitch?

One of my hands-down favorites is in MM, becoming Oni Link outside of a boss room. But there's actually 3 ways to do it, I recorded them, mwaha.

1. Kyafei mask run, day 3
2. Sakon's hideout, day 1-2
3. Gormon's ranch, day 1-3

Has anyone done all three of these, and which way of doing it is your favorite?

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..
I haven't played MM very much, because I had a hard time getting used to the whole time thing, but in OoT, I liked making my own fun, once my game was complete.

Go back to battle Gannon. Once he knocks the Mast Sword from your hands, save the game and quit. Enter your file again and don't equip any sword. You can do all kinds of crazy things then! some of you probably already know this. One of my favourite things to do is go to the bridge that leads to the Gerudo, put on the hover boots, whip out your hook shot and shoot it at the sign above the bridge. When you do that, you'll fly off the ground and you can drag Link all the way out to where the land ends, in the valley to the left. XD

other stuff you can do is take out bombs on Epona. You can control Epona without being on her, you can "drown" on Epona, and I used to know how to do some kind of a first person view (With his hair in the camera and all XD) but I don't remember how to do that.

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
  • Interests:Pokemon and sonic team games.
Sakon's hideout. There's a way you can roll into that wall blocking the entrance that let's you enter on any day. :3

I've yet to hear of these other two methods.

Niraven

Niraven

Ninja News Reporter

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, Zelda, Sonic, Resident Evil, artwork, photography, cats, dragons, random stuff, games of course

Sakon's hideout. There's a way you can roll into that wall blocking the entrance that let's you enter on any day. :3

I've yet to hear of these other two methods.

With the Ganon OOT glitch: you need version 1.0 of OOT to do that glitch. In other words: OOT gold cartridge or red-blood version of the game. Newer versions on the N64 patched this glitch, and it's not possible on the GCN.

To get into Sakon's Hideout in MM, You have to roll into the crack/crease on the right side of the door between the edge of the door and the cliff wall. When Link finally jumps through the crack, lean the control stick to the left or Link will fall into infinite space and you'll be reset in the canyon. You can also get in this way in the GCN version of the game, but the Oni Link glitch in Sakon's Hideout has been patched.

You can view a few glitches I recorded (a long time ago with crappy camera) and how to do them here (I'm Dragoness at LotL):

http://www.landofthe.../?grab=glitches

I have more, just ask me and I can record them. I test the glitches in all versions of the games released.

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
I wonder if Twilight Princess has similar glitches.

Niraven

Niraven

Ninja News Reporter

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts

I wonder if Twilight Princess has similar glitches.

Twilight Princess has a handful, the majority of which are dubbed "fatal" (because you'll have to erase your file if you accidentally do one of them), but it's generally a much more glitch-free game than the previous Zeldas.

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
I just remembered that one thing in the Wii version with the cannon. Mmmmm. I'll bet we could add the plethora of Pokemon litches to this thread.

JaxTH

JaxTH

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts
  • Interests:Video Games
    Anime
    Video Game music (I am a video game music junkie)
    Anime music
    Music with a good beat
    Reading Manga
    Food
    Churros (They are so great they get their own category)
    Ramen (It gets its own category too)
    Friendly people
    YouTube
    Watching Time Attacks/Speed Runs
When you are fighting Ganondorf in TP...Take out the fishing rod...Ganondorf stops in his tracks and is mezmorised by it.

Niraven

Niraven

Ninja News Reporter

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts

When you are fighting Ganondorf in TP...Take out the fishing rod...Ganondorf stops in his tracks and is mezmorised by it.

He'll give you a good smack in the face with his sword if you cast it or have it out for too long, though.

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
In OoT, you can knock back Ganon's energy blasts with empty bottles. :blink:

Niraven

Niraven

Ninja News Reporter

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts

In OoT, you can knock back Ganon's energy blasts with empty bottles. :D

You can also replace any item you have with another empty bottle. It's a simple glitch that should work with any version of OOT:

1.Equip a bottle to one of your C buttons, and swing (make sure you can capture something, a fish is best, when you swing it.)
2.Pause the game as Link's bottle is in mid-swing, and equip an item you don't want anymore (i.e. Magic Beans once you've planted all 10, Biggoron's Claim Check after you've gotten the Biggoron's Sword) to the C button the bottle is on.
3.Unpause the game, and Link will present a bottle with the caught item in it (You caught a Fish! Da-da-da-DA!)
4.The item that WAS on that C button (claim check, beans) will be replaced by a new empty bottle you can now use just like the normal ones. This is permanent and the item that was previously on the C button will be replaced by an empty (or full) bottle in the items select screen you can now use and equip like a normal bottle.

Get the Ocarina of Time the first time you meet Zelda:
1.Use the empty bottle glitch described above, only use the Fairy Ocarina as the item to be replaced.
2. DO NOT SAVE after doing this! It will make it impossible for you to progress in the game if you do.
3.Once you replace the Fairy Ocarina with a bottle, go visit Princess Zelda for the first time.
4. When Impa tells you to take out your Ocarina so she can teach you Zelda's Lullaby, Link will take out the Ocarina of Time (even though he doesn't have it!) and play the song.
5.After the sequence, he will put the ocarina away and you will be without an ocarina at all (this is why you don't save, but it's still interesting).

DAiLiGHT

DAiLiGHT

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
  • Interests:I like NiGHTS, Sonic games, the Nightmare Before Christmas (I wonder what would happen if Oogie and Reala met... hmmmm.....) Writing, drawing, art in any way, shape, or form, hard rock music, dancing wildly even though I can't dance for crap. I write poetry and lyrics (although they're not very good T__T) and comedy movies. I love the Dreamcast podcast that DiGi and TRiPPY put on. I also enjoy thinking outside the box. I'm what is known as a Meathead. I can laugh at myself, think outside the box, and smile. Meatheads are smarter than your average Joe, with much more common sense and the rare ability to find creative solutions to problems. My idol is a man named Jimmy Dolittle. Look him up ^.~
If you hit a ledge at a certain angle, Link will jump spastically and make his jump noise and be stuck there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users