Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Getting NiGHTS out there

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
I have given up on getting NiGHTS out there. Everyone I show the game to calls it girly or gay. Even my friend today said that for a girl I could play it but as a boy it will make me gay. She even went as far as comparing the picture(the magazine ad for JoD)to something of Sailor Moon. I can't do this anymore. People that miss out just miss out.

Reala5481

Reala5481

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts
  • Location:The Dream of Glass, Crystal Palace. Searching for my dreams...
  • Interests:Reading, Anime, Video Games, Poetry, And Singing.

I have given up on getting NiGHTS out there. Everyone I show the game to calls it girly or gay. Even my friend today said that for a girl I could play it but as a boy it will make me gay. She even went as far as comparing the picture(the magazine ad for JoD)to something of Sailor Moon. I can't do this anymore. People that miss out just miss out.

I know EXACTLY what you mean! My friends are the same way, They can't understand why i like something as "faggy" as NiGHTS when there's Halo and all that other garbage... :angry: <_<

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD

I know EXACTLY what you mean! My friends are the same way, They can't understand why i like something as "faggy" as NiGHTS when there's Halo and all that other garbage... :angry: <_<

It truly is sad.

Reala5481

Reala5481

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts
  • Location:The Dream of Glass, Crystal Palace. Searching for my dreams...
  • Interests:Reading, Anime, Video Games, Poetry, And Singing.

It truly is sad.

*Sighs* Life is SO unfair sometimes!

TRAViS

TRAViS

THE GUY THAT BOUGHT THE BETA

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts
Enter my nightmare. Today's "gamers" just don't get it. Period. I try and I try but they just don't care and they go back to their Manhunting, Haloing, Maddening, etc. I think I've gotten no more than 2 or 3 people into NiGHTS of the hundred or so I've tried to introduce to the game. It's not going too well.

And I've run into plenty of people who share that same disgusting opinion you've experienced firsthand. It was so bad in once case that I almost had to file a sexual harassment suit (not giving out details, do NOT ask).

But, in light of all this, is it going to stop me? No. I'm not going to give up just because most people aren't going to get it. So what if people want to make fun of me. This is something I stand for. This is something I may as well say I live for. NiGHTS is more than just a game to me. And if everyone else is going to see it as just a game, then so be it. But I'm not going to stop. Even if I get just one more person into it, mission accomplished.

The wise Kitsune

The wise Kitsune

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, music, yeah
What TRAViS said. Seriously...

Xenon

Xenon

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, Automotive, Anime, Video Games in general, Drawing, Driving, Bowling, Snowboarding, other such funstuffs ^.^
@TRAViS: I second that

I can't believe how stupid the gaming masses of this generation are. They play crappy remakes of games that aren't good to start with and then when they are handed something truly unique such as NiGHTS, they dismiss it as "gay" or some other demeaning term that they have used to insult everyone and everything else that they feel the need to slander even though they lack the intellect to make any astute observations.

I honestly can say that I am disgusted by the gamers of today that can't be bothered to recognize a good game when it comes up and slaps them in the face.

DMC_Dreamer

DMC_Dreamer

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Interests:Much...but it changes everyday. Currently Dark Souls and Tokyo Jungle. Oh, and NiGHTS, duh!

Am I the only one who has had friends that are open to play NiGHTS, and yet enjoy a Slayer match of Halo 3 too?!? Trust me, my only experience, thankfully I have had was the week Zack and Wiki came out (by the way...it's another great game everyone here should try!!) and I was able to turn that around by having the 'hardcore gamer' TRY one one of the puzzles (which he failed...lol)!

I do understand what everyone means, but trust me, for every 'evil' gamer out there, you all WILL find gamers that have the same respect for NiGHTS and other games like it.

Purgatory

Purgatory

DreamWorld Detective

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, NiGHTS into Dreams, flailing around the forum and helping people, anime, manga, making my own comic, video games, Guild Wars, movies (especially horror) Lots of stuff. Old video game/movie/TV show trivia..
I guess you can't force someone into liking something, but it isn't too much to ask for some respect, I suppose. Nobody should down you for liking NiGHTS.

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
I'll still express my fanboyishness in school. All I did today was just draw a pic of NiGHTS in public from that mag ad.

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
  • Interests:Nerdy stuff.
Man, I feel sorry for some of you guys. I hang out with a pretty hardcore bunch and all of them were willing to give NiGHTS a try. Most of them enjoyed it and the one that didn't at least admit it's very unique. I'm pretty much in the same boat as DMC.

JaxTH

JaxTH

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts
  • Interests:Video Games
    Anime
    Video Game music (I am a video game music junkie)
    Anime music
    Music with a good beat
    Reading Manga
    Food
    Churros (They are so great they get their own category)
    Ramen (It gets its own category too)
    Friendly people
    YouTube
    Watching Time Attacks/Speed Runs
I "forced" my friends to like NiGHTS.

The wise Kitsune

The wise Kitsune

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, music, yeah
None of my gamer friends know about/like NiGHTS. All they care about is Xbox360 and what todays Smash Bros update was. It really does suck.

Dark Night

Dark Night

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • Location:You'll never find me alive ! &gt;:D (Pretend you care)
  • Interests:What do you even think I'm here for ?
I always knew that a game like NiGHTS' could only be seen in two ways : "Love it to death" or "What the freaking hell is this ?". Sad but true.

And at least most of the people that you talked about don't look at your fanart like you're mentally disturbed. People in my class have marked me as the one who better draws in class (now imagine how bad can their drawings be), so usually when I start doodling something near a classmate, there is always someone who goes "Lemme see it!! :3". When I handle them my NiGHTS doddles, they look at it for 5 seconds and give it back like nothing happened.

I don't even try to show them anything related to NiGHTS. Only about 2 years ago when I found about it I decided to show some people about the game that had me amazed so greatly. Showed to a bunch of people a draw I had done and bored some to death trying to badly explain the story.

But yeah, most people nowadays do not understand the game. You should see some people's comments on NiGHTS JoD videos on Youtube. It's always the same crap, with some ocasionally fans in the middle that actually suport the game. But hell, what can you do...

wocko

wocko

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts
It really breaks my heart with these stupid gamers these days who only care about games that have graphics, sex and extreme violence. When most "gamers" look like NiGHTS, they think that he/she looks like a p00f. My brother (as well as his girlfriend and myself) loves the classic games and he's getting sick and tired of World of Warcrack.

To me, Xbox 360 doesn't really appeal to me despite myself owning an Xbox 360 controller which I use with PC games/emulators. Nor does any 3D shooters. But the Wii is a step in the right direction, TO BRING GAMEPLAY BACK!!! I own a Wii and I LOVE IT!!

OLD GAMES ARE MORE FUN THAN MOST OF THE CRAP YOU BUY THESE DAYS!!!

AirMax

AirMax

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • Interests:school-survival.net, NiD, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, anime, awesome, scoreattack.net

It almost pains me to say you're about right. I've been buying less and less games (Partly because of moneylessness) and I don' see anything I want anymore.

But, with NiGHTS, everyone I ask seems at least a little tolorant, and some of my friends like to joke around just to annoy me, but nobody seems to want to play it, or even see what it's about. I also hear a lot of "Halo 2/3 is so much cooler." At least one of them is slightly exicted to ask me when the new one comes out. He's played the old one a long time ago.

TRAViS

TRAViS

THE GUY THAT BOUGHT THE BETA

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts

QFT. Which is the main reason why my Saturn is facing a huge revival right now (and all my friends think I'm crazy paying upwards of $30 for 12-year-old games). The market is flooded with garbage and brainwash marketing. JoD's gonna have a tough time selling to the non-hardcore crowd who will gladly shovel $150 out of their wallets for a Master Chief Game Holding Helmet® but can't spend a third that on something truly original because of a lack of 3072p ultramegahyperhighdefinition, enough blood to blanket the screen, or a storyline that isn't played out and told to them step-by-step like every mindless action flick ever made.

You know what's going to happen? Most people are going to wait to buy JoD like they do with every non-AAA title out there. They'll wait until the price of it new drops to thirty, then they'll buy a used copy from GameStop for 25 bucks. There goes any profit SEGA could've gotten and it goes right to GameStop, the cash crop conglomerate. People will go completely ignorant to the mechanics behind that whole retail operation if it means saving themselves a few dollars. Long story short: Don't even think about trading in JoD once you buy it, and don't even think about buying it used. If you want NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams, pony up that fifty bucks and don't sell out for a dollar less. The less used copies on GameStop's shelves, the better, and the more likely we are to see JoD become a success and have Sega continue the franchise.

/rant

KittyWhiggles

KittyWhiggles

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts
Well I turned one friend into a NiGHTS fan. I made a deal with another one to buy the game. and I think I got my bf to be a fan again. Other than those 3 people, everyone just laughs and go "tsk tsk" :{. I put the peices of the new NiGHTS pic from the 1-up.com on a computer background at school. Sexiest wallpaper I've ever had. Garsh, the people wont even admit that NiGHTS is at least, cute. at least a lil cute...perky, something. I get no coments at all. No comments is better than bad ones, I guess...

apsyd

apsyd

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

-

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
When im in the forum index i keep misreading this topic as 'getting NiGHTS out of trees'.

As for the whole people thinking NiGHTS is airyfairy well the game IS pretty efeminate, you can't really deny that, but from my experience over the years of dragging in new fans just concentrate on the score based challenge aspect or the mythos behind it. Everyone dreams and everyone (even the hardest most hormonaly apt men) would play NiGHTS just in order to proove its not hard and they can kick your ass at a girly game. My brother thinks NiGHTS is for girls but even he admits its fun and adictive racking up highscores.

If one approach fails, try another until something sticks :)

Machenstein

Machenstein

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts
Don't think too much of it when someone calls your favorite game "kiddy". Just shrug and say, "So? It's fun." That short statement has a lot of power in it. It says that violence doesn't automatically make a good game; the game just has to be fun. This statement might also cause the gamer to expand his horizons and rethink what makes a good game.

My problem with spreading the word for NiGHTS is how the gaming community seems to be dismissing Journey of Dreams. The game has gone a long ways since the initial batch of screenshots and the main game is looking better with each bit of news revealed, but alas, still no anticipation. Instead everyone is drooling over Super Mario Galaxy. That is not to say anticipation for Galaxy is a bad thing, it's a great thing, but I would like to see NiGHTS have its fair share of glory too. I can understand that many people were drawn away recently with those iffy "My Dream" screenshots but the main game still looks very good. We had five gameplay videos this week, five, and people still dismiss the game. The Alps Chase video? Didn't work. That awesome Girania boss battle? Nope, still didn't work. Places such as Gaming-Age and The GHZ still, still, still dismiss the game. Honestly, what are they not seeing? It's NiGHTS! You fly through loops on a 2D plane while scoring link combos. It's just like the Saturn game, bird chasing aside. The core gameplay is there, the art is there, the music is there, there are multiple controller options, the persona masks seem to add to the gameplay without changing it much, there is Wi-Fi and a fleshed out two-player mode, what else more could there be? Well, besides Ideya Capture gameplay.

TRiPPY

TRiPPY

Your Mum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,207 posts
  • Interests:scribbling
Amen.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
I rationalize by thinking that those people never played the original, and unfortunately while there are many people interested in JoD who never played NiD, attracting the attention JoD deserves is a difficult task; after all, the game taking attention away as it were, is once again Mario, an icon of gaming known to like, abajillions. I've wondered myself what my view of JoD would be if I wasn't already in the NiGHTS collective.. I mean, clearly the original got my attention, so..

My hope is that good word of mouth will steadily increase JoD's presence once the game is on sale. My hope..

Zero-Shift

Zero-Shift

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
  • Interests:Nerdy stuff.

That's just nostalgia talking. There were a lot of crap games in the 16-bit era too. You just don't remember them as much because video games weren't as mainstream as they are now.

However, people were much more receptive to innovation back then, unlike today. I think that's the biggest reason it's hard to get people into NiGHTS nowadays. I don't know a single hardcore gamer who isn't open to trying something new, let alone NiGHTS, but then you get to the casual gamers who like to play it safe and stick with their Maddens and their Call of Duties. These people are extremely abrasive to the idea of leaving their franchise bubble which is why NiGHTS will likely never hit the mainstream. It's just too different. It doesn't help that Sega probably won't market JoD very much.

I kind of like NiGHTS being a niche title, but I still wouldn't mind a little more exposure, ya' know?

wocko

wocko

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

That's just nostalgia talking. There were a lot of crap games in the 16-bit era too. You just don't remember them as much because video games weren't as mainstream as they are now.

However, people were much more receptive to innovation back then, unlike today. I think that's the biggest reason it's hard to get people into NiGHTS nowadays. I don't know a single hardcore gamer who isn't open to trying something new, let alone NiGHTS, but then you get to the casual gamers who like to play it safe and stick with their Maddens and their Call of Duties. These people are extremely abrasive to the idea of leaving their franchise bubble which is why NiGHTS will likely never hit the mainstream. It's just too different. It doesn't help that Sega probably won't market JoD very much.

I kind of like NiGHTS being a niche title, but I still wouldn't mind a little more exposure, ya' know?

I know the 8-bit/16-bit era had it's fair share of shockers (See: Angry Video Game Nerd), like ET and Shaq-Spew (Shaq-Fu) and I doubt that Sonic would ever hit mainstream again because of that terrible game released on the 360/PS3 despite Sonic being big back when I was 4. Now these days, we get these bloody graphics whores who only like "games" with violence, sex and pretty graphics, and most of these games have awful gameplay. It really makes me wonder why Mario, after all these years is still big in gaming (Super Mario Galaxy getting great reviews as well). Heck it makes me wonder why Nintendo is still alive as well as the Wii outselling the 360 and PS3. Has innovation made a comeback? Are people getting tired of crap games that just LOOK good? We don't know.

But I wish people should at LEAST PLAY THE GAME before making any judgements.

Sk8teland85

Sk8teland85

• Visitor
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
You know on another forums I am apart of I did a poll asking who was getting NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams and I got about 75% of the people who said they were just not sure and of those most said they would get it if it was good. I also tend to get a good number of PMs on there asking me about the series so I guess in some groups NiGHTS is getting more popular.

^_^ Go Dreamer

^_^ Go Dreamer

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • Interests:I am a big fan of NiGHTS, Reala, And Jackle! I love to play video games, mostly (SEGA &amp; Nintendo). Love Anime. I Love talking about NiGHTS!!! Also I like surfing the internet! ^_^
I got my oldersister and her boyfriend into NiGHTS! Muwahahahaha!! And now they love it!! ^_^

But, It's really sad to see alot of gamers so close minded! Even on Youtube, On alot of the NiGHTS videos you'll get a person or two that will bad mouth the game! I had to remove a few comments from my NiGHTS videos, becaues a few persons wanted to be ignorant! That really makes me angry, if you don't like it, then DON'T COMMENT!!!

Also I have a friend who's being teased and made fun of at her school, because she loves NiGHTS!!! She was telling me that even her friends stopped hanging out with her because she liked NiGHTS, and that they were telling her that she was stupid and weird for liking something 'gay'! :angry: She even told me that she wants to leave the fanbase because the teasing is so bad (mind you she's a huge fan)! But I told her she shouldn't let them make her give up on what she loves!
I mean come on if you don't like the game or NiGHTS in general ok, you have you own opinion. But don't go teasing or putting someone else who likes it down!! :angry: Really HAVE SOME RESPECT!!!
I 'm still trying to keep her from leaving, but what makes me really sad is that I know she doesn't really want to! And you know, I don't even have any friends to hang out with because people think I'm weird. soo yeah..

But I'm still gonna try to spread the word! NiGHTS needs as much attention and praise as possible!! ^_^ And if you know you like NiGHTS, the hell with what others think!

(Wow I actually spoke my mind for once! O.O)

wocko

wocko

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts
^_^ Go Dreamer)-->
QUOTE (^_^ Go Dreamer @ Nov 11 2007, 05:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I got my oldersister and her boyfriend into NiGHTS! Muwahahahaha!! And now they love it!! ^_^

But, It's really sad to see alot of gamers so close minded! Even on Youtube, On alot of the NiGHTS videos you'll get a person or two that will bad mouth the game! I had to remove a few comments from my NiGHTS videos, becaues a few persons wanted to be ignorant! That really makes me angry, if you don't like it, then DON'T COMMENT!!!

Also I have a friend who's being teased and made fun of at her school, because she loves NiGHTS!!! She was telling me that even her friends stopped hanging out with her because she liked NiGHTS, and that they were telling her that she was stupid and weird for liking something 'gay'! :angry: She even told me that she wants to leave the fanbase because the teasing is so bad (mind you she's a huge fan)! But I told her she shouldn't let them make her give up on what she loves!
I mean come on if you don't like the game or NiGHTS in general ok, you have you own opinion. But don't go teasing or putting someone else who likes it down!! :angry: Really HAVE SOME RESPECT!!!
I 'm still trying to keep her from leaving, but what makes me really sad is that I know she doesn't really want to! And you know, I don't even have any friends to hang out with because people think I'm weird. soo yeah..

But I'm still gonna try to spread the word! NiGHTS needs as much attention and praise as possible!! ^_^ And if you know you like NiGHTS, the hell with what others think!

(Wow I actually spoke my mind for once! O.O)[/quote]

I bet those losers who teased your friend for liking NiD haven't even played the game, so how would they know if the game is good or not? And I don't think much of her so-called "friends" either because they are putting down their friend just for liking NiD. So far no YouTube Hater badmouthed my NiGHTS vids, touchwood. Keep sticking up for your friend, GoDreamer! ;) That's what true friends do.

My twin brother liked the NiGHTS JoD theme I made for my mobile phone and at least he didn't laugh and poke fun. I have to get around to finishing it and give it away.

Kori

Kori

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, reading, writing, making AMVs, games, movies, romance, anime &amp; manga (current fave: Naruto), 80s and 90s cartoons, and of course, anything to do with NiGHTS! X3
You'd think the ONE place us fans could find some sort of refuge would be in the gaming community. And then a handful of ignorant losers spread their glee like a virus and turn away some of the greatest people! It really breaks my heart to know this is happening... I'm so sorry you have to face such unhappiness. :D

I second wocko's statement - stick up for fellow fans, and for NiGHTS! We see the world from a slightly different perspective, but that doesn't make us outcasts. If anything, going by the world's standards today, more and more people would benefit from NiGHTS! Heh, I'm not trying to sound like a religious fanatic, though I'm probably on the brink. XD What I mean is, don't give up on showing others what NiGHTS is all about.

Sure, it's different. Sure, it's probably the only game of its' kind. All the more reason to try it! You could quote "beauty is only skin deep" - as pretty-pretty airy-fairy NiGHTS can be, TRiPPY's right, there's so much more to it! There's plenty to be found for our inner hardcore-gamer, and our inner child.

On that note, I'd like to add - personally, I hope that plenty of kids make up the new fanbase. Most of us were kids for the original, and look at where we are now. Look at who we are now. None of us regret discovering NiGHTS, and I doubt we ever will. I'm almost envious of the new fans-to-be, they're gonna be blown away! :D

Rick Hunter

Rick Hunter

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts
think of it this way:
most of the people you have been talking about focus on the "hardcore" games with Mature ratings.
NiGHTS is coming to the Wii
Nintendo's whole stratagy with the Wii is to expand the market to the casual "non-hardcore" gamers.
That is the reason why, after a year, the Wii is STILL hard to find on store shelves.
according to wikipedia wii has sold 13.17 million as opposed to ps3's 5.59 million and xbox360 with 13.4 million (the 360 was out a year earlier mind you so it's easy to see that the wii could potentially run laps around it in terms of sales)
more people with consoles means more potential people buying NiGHTS
I might also point out that NiGHTS is heavily oriented to the casual gamer
as the wii has shown, casual gamers don't care so much about M rated games, instead they like to play what's fun, ie: NiGHTS.

NiGHTS should sell just fine, besides the internet is hyping it up quite a bit.
Socially however... well I haven't put up my NiGHTS JoD poster in my dorm room for that reason... I don't want to have to put up with people giving me weird stares when they see it... and I go to an art school mind you, these are generally open minded people. Even my room mate, who openly admits and agrees that it's a fun game, makes sure to note it does look pretty gay. in all honesty I would have to agree. It does look pretty gay, that fact is hard to deny... loads of bright colors, happy jester things, trippy environments... >.< the only thing saving me here is that most people I know here have played it at some point and know that it's fun but that doesn't stop them from pointing out how it looks.

P.S. please excuse the bit of ranting, I've been a bit over hyped for NiGHTS today in particular (what with the load of new info from 1up and TRiPPY and DiGi's trip today and the fact that I finally got my emulator working *squee XD*) and it's also 3am here.

dreamadien

dreamadien

Lurker

• Visitor
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Interests:plushies, clawz(WoOT), games and so much more
I covinced 3 of my friends to preorder JoD and they preordered already!!!!!!!!!^_^

Edited by Jof, 15 November 2007 - 01:19 AM.
Merg'd

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
  • Interests:Pokemon and sonic team games.
Convinced anyone, no, but my relatives don't know he's androgynous, so they think he's a crossdresser. ^_^

Xenon

Xenon

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, Automotive, Anime, Video Games in general, Drawing, Driving, Bowling, Snowboarding, other such funstuffs ^.^

Convinced anyone, no, but my relatives don't know he's androgynous, so they think he's a crossdresser. ^_^

well that's no good... tell them the truth! we can't have people thinking NiGHTS is a creepy cross-dresser...

*mental images* 0.o

Tangocat777

Tangocat777

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
  • Interests:Pokemon and sonic team games.
I tried. They do not comprehend the term "androgynous". We are forever cursed. T.T

wocko

wocko

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts
You know what, my pen friend from Korea hated my NiGHTS "Dream on" avatar and she thought it was ugly and wanted me to change it to something else. Yet I've showed my brother my WIP NiGHTS theme on my mobile and he thought I did a great job on it.

What is wrong with NiGHTS, people? WHAT IS WRONG? Is it the way he looks?

PS The Dream On avatar is the one I have at the moment if you want to look..

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts

You know what, my pen friend from Korea hated my NiGHTS "Dream on" avatar and she thought it was ugly and wanted me to change it to something else. Yet I've showed my brother my WIP NiGHTS theme on my mobile and he thought I did a great job on it.

What is wrong with NiGHTS, people? WHAT IS WRONG? Is it the way he looks?

PS The Dream On avatar is the one I have at the moment if you want to look..

I think it looks really good as well.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
*re-posts for thread*

Crap.. I showed someone Girania yesterday on another message board and she thought it was cool, but I don't know if she's aware of NiGHTS. We also would need to target people who have or may have a Wii.

I wonder if Shigeru Miyamoto has any thoughts about JoD.. since we know he's a NiGHTS fan.. or at least appreciates it.

'Hey! Now that all of you bought my new game, make sure to buy the new NiGHTS game coming out real soon!'

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts

'Hey! Now that all of you bought my new game, make sure to buy the new NiGHTS game coming out real soon!'

You know how funny that would work? It's like MJ back in his basketball days. He could tell kids anything and they'd do it. If Miyamoto told people about NiGHTS and made the public aware you know many people would get it.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,949 posts
True dat. And the sad truth probably is that Miyamoto-san's endorsement would work ten times as well as Sega's best marketing plan.

Actually, somebody get MJ on the phone! We need him too!

Xenon

Xenon

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts
SEGA's marketing team for JoD may not suck as badly as we originally thought. Granted this lovely news is coming a mere two and a half weeks before the "launch" date.

I was at GameStop the other day, and I happened to see a small shelf hangar that read as follows:

"FREE NiGHTS Journey of Dreams bonus DVD with the purchase of any new E-Rated SEGA title!! See store associate for details."

Now, I'm not sure if this is a global GameStop thing, or if my store just got REALLY lucky. But I'm going to try to get a hold of one of those DVDs and get everything off of it. I figure there might be some stuff on there that we haven't seen yet? Maybe?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users