Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Need for Speed series

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD
Is it just me or does EA never seem to talk about any NFS game before Underground. Are they ashamed or something because personally I think those games were cooler than the new NFS games especially Need for Speed II on the PSone. It just saddens me to know that so many people think Underground started the series.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Nah, i don't think Underground started the series. I remember bombing it along in a Corvette while have police chase my ass in Need for Speed 3 on PlayStation. At least, i think it's NfS 3 Hot Persuit, right? Was that the title? That was a bloody good game.

The only thing Underground done was bring in a whole new catchment of people who wanna play car games. I love customization in games and i love racing cars. Underground gave me both and i think a lot of other people liked that aspect too.

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts
  • Interests:Mainly video games although I'm also interested in art, poetry, and the occasional political story. Oh wait I forgot anime XD

Nah, i don't think Underground started the series. I remember bombing it along in a Corvette while have police chase my ass in Need for Speed 3 on PlayStation. At least, i think it's NfS 3 Hot Persuit, right?

Yeah it was called NFS III Hot Pursuit :D

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
Yeah, i loved that game. Turning on the rain, turning on night driving, selecting a Lambo and bombing it for 3 laps around the desert stage was so much fun.

Xenon

Xenon

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, Automotive, Anime, Video Games in general, Drawing, Driving, Bowling, Snowboarding, other such funstuffs ^.^
God I loved NFS way back when...

I remember when customizing wasn't an option, and every car looked nice instead of tricked-out and made to rape my eyes. I just enjoyed driving around and outrunning people. Isn't that what the name indicated?

"Need for Speed" means drive FASTER than everything else on, about or near the roads.
"Need for Speed" does not mean make a car ugly as hell and have piss-poor aerodynamics and somehow still win races.

I Apologize for my angry ranting just now, but I was legitimately upset when they started moving to the "Make your car look goofy as hell" versions like Underground.

iLLViLLAiN

iLLViLLAiN

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts

I Apologize for my angry ranting just now, but I was legitimately upset when they started moving to the "Make your car look goofy as hell" versions like Underground.

You are not alone. I am here with you. (not a MJ reference) That's part of the reason why I posted this. Just to see if other people out there actually realized that there were more than Underground and up.

Innotech

Innotech

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • Interests:videogames, cars, girls, anime, drawing, origami, weather, classic rock music, trance, japanese and asian cultures, catgirls &gt;^^&lt;<br />
I was a huge HUUUUUGE fan of Need For SPeed from 1-5 (1996-2000) but not on PS1, but on PC. The PC versions were always far superior to the console ones, and I advise any fans of the series to track those versions down. they are amazing. And lots of track,car, scenario changes as well. And it inspired an absolutely massive and unparalleled (for a racing game) mod scene that even continues to today. hundreds of thousands of user edited cars and stuff. I used to edit, modify, and change just about every aspect, from the backgrounds showroom scenery to the cops and the cop cars (police tie fighter ftw) and even the tracks. It was really some of the most fun I ever had with gaming ever.

TRAViS

TRAViS

THE GUY THAT BOUGHT THE BETA

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts

I was a huge HUUUUUGE fan of Need For SPeed from 1-5 (1996-2000) but not on PS1, but on PC. The PC versions were always far superior to the console ones, and I advise any fans of the series to track those versions down. they are amazing. And lots of track,car, scenario changes as well. And it inspired an absolutely massive and unparalleled (for a racing game) mod scene that even continues to today. hundreds of thousands of user edited cars and stuff. I used to edit, modify, and change just about every aspect, from the backgrounds showroom scenery to the cops and the cop cars (police tie fighter ftw) and even the tracks. It was really some of the most fun I ever had with gaming ever.

Agreed wholeheartedly. Although 2002's Hot Pursuit 2 was an excellent game (on PS2, with the 3 exclusive tracks) IMO. I have most all of the PC editions except for High Stakes...that one's been pretty elusive, although I've played it and wasn't too impressed at what was essentially an expansion pack for NFS3 and nothing really new or exciting. I would've loved to have seen Porsche Unleashed's physics in any other NFS game. That game I always felt was the perfect blend of arcade and sim handling. Cars felt agile, realistic, and most importantly *gasp* responsive! Too much fun when playing with a proper 270-degree force feedback wheel. ^_^

Am I the only one who wants to see the original NFS (Saturn, PSX, PC [SE Edition]) available as a download on a modern console?

Innotech

Innotech

Dreamer

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • Interests:videogames, cars, girls, anime, drawing, origami, weather, classic rock music, trance, japanese and asian cultures, catgirls &gt;^^&lt;<br />

Agreed wholeheartedly. Although 2002's Hot Pursuit 2 was an excellent game (on PS2, with the 3 exclusive tracks) IMO. I have most all of the PC editions except for High Stakes...that one's been pretty elusive, although I've played it and wasn't too impressed at what was essentially an expansion pack for NFS3 and nothing really new or exciting. I would've loved to have seen Porsche Unleashed's physics in any other NFS game. That game I always felt was the perfect blend of arcade and sim handling. Cars felt agile, realistic, and most importantly *gasp* responsive! Too much fun when playing with a proper 270-degree force feedback wheel. ^_^

Am I the only one who wants to see the original NFS (Saturn, PSX, PC [SE Edition]) available as a download on a modern console?

I have the PC S.E. editions of both NFS1 and 2. The funny thing is, NFS1,2 and 5 work on my computer, but 3 and 4 dont >_

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users