Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Niraven's Fan Maren

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Niraven

Niraven

Ninja News Reporter

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, Zelda, Sonic, Resident Evil, artwork, photography, cats, dragons, random stuff, games of course
Alright, so this picture is still in need of some fine-tuning and I've only partially got a color scheme going: I may end up changing the colors in the end, but I tried to use colors that were more indicative of my personality. Comments are more than welcome.

Posted Image

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3398 posts
Green and Black combination is always a sexy mix. It's why i gave Valentine it. XD
Originally, Val went through quite a few design changes himself before he became who he is. He once had a red and yellow outfit but it just wasn't working. So, i say pick a colour scheme that you know you like personaly. The design itself is pretty cool, too. I like it.

Being honest, i suck with crit' so i'm probably the last person who will say anything constructive, right here XD
All in all, the design is nice. If you're unsure of the colour scheme then it's probably for a reason so it'd best to try some other mixes before you finalize his design. That's all i can say, i guess :angry:

The wise Kitsune

The wise Kitsune

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1652 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, music, yeah
PRETTY! :angry: Keep up the good work!

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3398 posts
Also, one more thing i just noticed. Keep the 'spades' design for his button area. That is a very cool idea. I like that.

viperxmns

viperxmns

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2949 posts
Taking a cue from Reala? :3 Neato

Niraven

Niraven

Ninja News Reporter

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, Zelda, Sonic, Resident Evil, artwork, photography, cats, dragons, random stuff, games of course

Also, one more thing i just noticed. Keep the 'spades' design for his button area. That is a very cool idea. I like that.

Thank'ee! I have to admit that's one of my favorite features on this Maren. I noticed most fan Maren have round, moon-shaped, or star buttons. I wanted something that could be associated still with fantasy, flying, and dreaming without using the favored ideas, so I thought of Alice in Wonderland and the card designs. Alice is very much a dream-related fantasy story, so I thought the spade (my favorite of clubs, spades, hearts, and diamonds) would be a sound design for the buttons.

The wise Kitsune

The wise Kitsune

Crazy Regular

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1652 posts
  • Interests:NiGHTS, music, yeah
That is very creative! Im jealous! >_<

Niraven

Niraven

Ninja News Reporter

• Visitor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts

That is very creative! Im jealous! >_<

Thanks again! Though I'm wondering, do you think the hat design and the eye design are original? The greater majority of fan Maren I see are modeled in some way directly after NiGHTS, usually in the hat and eye design, do you think this one stands out a bit more? *Is plotting on how to make it more creative and/or original* Also, are there any color suggestions? I love green and black as a combination, but I'm looking to perhaps depart from that a bit to leave the green/black exclusive to DiGi's Maren.

DiGi Valentine

DiGi Valentine

Overlord Bunny Man

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3398 posts
The hat design is original. I've not seen a fan-maren with a hat shaped like that before. You're alright with the hat design, in my opinion.
Most people tend to copy NiGHTS' shape and just change colours. I like it when they give the hat feature a different shape. SEiYA-maren and Purgatory-maren are good examples of using a funky new hat idea. And your maren is keeping in with the trend of having an original hat. Personly, leave the hat...unless you want something else entirely. I think it looks cool the way it is. ^^

The eye make-up. Well, i like that too. But you can do any kinda crazy mad design for his eye liner. If that style is not working for you then just go crazy and see what comes out. Using Purgatory-maren as an example again, on one side he has a thick black line coming down from one eye and on the other eye he has a tear drop shape coming down from it. So, you can pretty much do whatever with the eye-liner. Just find something you think represents you. :(

Lol, and don't worry about the colour. Seriously. If you like the green and black combo then use it. I have seen green and black used on some fan-maren already though so it's not that exclusive to me, lol. XD
As for Val. Well, he's not a maren because i didn't wanna make him a 'bad guy'. So, he's just a dream persona.
Thing is, at the time i joined the fanbase, back 3 years ago now, i turned up during the time where everyone was saying "Only NiGHTS and Reala can take that shape. They're supposed to be superior to everyone else in Nightopia/Nightmare. Any other fancharacter needs to look different. Fan characters can't have the jester thing goin' on" ....so i went with a bunny design. And he's stuck around ever since. XD

Now, the JoD fanbase is bringing in new fans and old fans too. The whole 'jester appearance' is accepted now as standard and i've wondered about maybe going for a jester character too ... but i don't think i could ever replace Val. Valentine is way too important to me. He may not be a jester shape character but, damn, he's dreamlands funkiest bunny and that ain't ever gonna change, lol XD

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users