Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Wrenreele's Content

There have been 22 items by Wrenreele (Search limited from 27-April 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#57646 Twilight: Love it or Hate it?

Posted by Wrenreele on 16 July 2008 - 09:10 PM in Community Corner

I haven't even read her new book, "The Host." I read the dust jacket and was like "what the crap, this is Animorphs without the animal morphing and Twilight without vampires and werewolves."

I was at the airport waiting to pick up my aunt when I saw "The Host" and that was exactly what me and my boo thought. "Animorphs without animal morphing." ;)

#57645 TRiP's other OTHER art

Posted by Wrenreele on 16 July 2008 - 09:04 PM in Artwork

I just want it finished already!

You're not the only one! *Gets her magic fairy wand and tries to poof ink onto the pages.* *Fails* ToT

#57554 Twilight: Love it or Hate it?

Posted by Wrenreele on 15 July 2008 - 11:24 PM in Community Corner

Hate hate hate hate!
It was poorly written, it's development of characters is horrible, the characters are horrible, for a romance novel- the lovers have little to no chemistry. Seriously. "You're pretty, can I marry you?" I can go on.
And (to save those who are intending to read it but haven't):
Spoiler

Also, to the authors defense, people blame the fact that she's LDS (Mormon) for there being no violence or sex, but I think because it's a book aimed at pre-teens. :blink:

#54699 TRiP's other OTHER art

Posted by Wrenreele on 19 June 2008 - 01:38 AM in Artwork

Just a quick question for you, Ms. Wrenreele: will you be sticking with your original gen title, or are you making a new one? It makes me no difference either way; I just want to be able to put it on the list if you choose a new title. I know the list is completely moot, but it's the one thing I can do that actually makes me feel special, so... I'ma keep doing it.

I'll be keeping my original title ^^

#54697 TRiP's other OTHER art

Posted by Wrenreele on 19 June 2008 - 01:21 AM in Artwork

I was wondering, for fan Gens, do they get to make up their own gen-stone design for themselves and their Gemons, or are there..rules to follow from what color you are or something similar?

#53379 TRiP's other OTHER art

Posted by Wrenreele on 06 June 2008 - 06:00 AM in Artwork

Is the lady of any importance or is she just a, erm, prop?

#52980 Who is your favorite Maren?

Posted by Wrenreele on 02 June 2008 - 07:15 AM in Poll Area

Puffy.

#51801 Wrenreele's art

Posted by Wrenreele on 22 May 2008 - 07:58 PM in Creative Stuff!

I only have a small collection of art right now, but I still feel like sharing...
Thanks for looking! Please tell me what you think, I encourage critiques! :D
(In order from oldest to newest)

Posted Image
Tru luv iz 4eva. Horrible texture of the paper is thanks to my Goo, who's water spilled on my drawing pad.

Posted Image
Doodles! Chibi, but not...gross. Actually, thanks to JOD, I like to call Doodles "Goodles" XD

Posted Image
Wizeman-hand. Slightly inspired by the "game spoilers" in the wtf section.

Posted Image
My Reala mask I made. Painted with acrylics.

Posted Image
This is Wrenreele, I guess she would be a Visitor. This was an experiment with a different style.

Posted Image
Claris Sinclair. Done with markers and some paint, cut out and pasted on to some scrap book paper.

Posted Image
This is sort of kind of practice with drawing Reala for when I decide to illustrate my fancomic/story "Son Of Perdition." This is one of those practice covers, until I decide what is good for me. Scanner made the gray and yellow horrible.

Posted Image
A NID bookmark of NiGHTS that I have just finished today. This is actually very glittery.

#51546 If Jackle was in JOD, How would you picture his voice?

Posted by Wrenreele on 20 May 2008 - 01:08 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

I think Jackle's voice would be low and sophisticated. Until he laughs, then I see it high pitched and slightly insane.

#51296 NK's Comic Projects

Posted by Wrenreele on 18 May 2008 - 04:11 AM in Artwork

Ah, NK, you're art is lovely with such an original style. This comic sounds interesting. I can't wait to see more. :)

#51165 How did Helen sprain her ankle?

Posted by Wrenreele on 17 May 2008 - 04:43 AM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

I've heard that, too, but I doubt it's true because my brother died in a dream and he lived to tell about it. He fell off a balcony, actually HIT THE GROUND, and floated up out of his body as a ghost.

I've had a dream where these giant speakers fell from the ceiling and landed on me, I died, but also became a ghost. But of course I was using that in correlation with the Nightdimension.

#51076 How did Helen sprain her ankle?

Posted by Wrenreele on 16 May 2008 - 09:52 AM in [ARCHiVED] JOD Discussion

I personally think that the Nightdimension is just that, a dimension a visitor enters through their sleep. It's perfectly possible to get harmed in an alternate dimension. Ever hear of the idea that if you die in your sleep, you'll die in real life. :) Otherwise, I agree with Purg, she simply fell on her foot.

#51041 TRiP's other OTHER art

Posted by Wrenreele on 16 May 2008 - 12:59 AM in Artwork

I want the sapphire diary more than the orange, because I like the stars on the front cover. ^_^

Digi, tell us the news! *Whine*

#50940 TRiP's other OTHER art

Posted by Wrenreele on 15 May 2008 - 12:05 AM in Artwork

Is Bruce the last to go on the splash page, or will there be more?

#50720 TRiP's other OTHER art

Posted by Wrenreele on 12 May 2008 - 10:34 PM in Artwork

Lynne, can you tell us what printing company you'd be using. I'm very interested.
And a idea on preview pages, you can always just show some of the art and leave the writing out?

#50415 TRiP's other OTHER art

Posted by Wrenreele on 09 May 2008 - 10:45 PM in Artwork

If you don't mind me asking, how do you work with languages? I mean do Falda, Andreanna and Tatsuo speak English? Or is what they say just translated into English? I was just wondering since they all come from generally non-English speaking places. Also, in the dreamworld (?) do all the Gens speak one language, or how does that work?

#50014 TRiP's other OTHER art

Posted by Wrenreele on 06 May 2008 - 09:36 AM in Artwork

Hmmmm to be honest I'm really really at a confusing point right now. Part of me wants to do a color comic because it's what im familiar with, but that would mean i couldnt afford to be lazy and cut corners with pattern tones, i'd have to draw them. But color costs so much for a single comic D: But at the same time i wouldn't be resting my laurels on Lulu because i want to pitch to Image eventualy. And all their comics seem to be color.

I'd have to say, if you're going to trying to be published under a company that has colored comics, you might want to do that, so when pitching to them it shows them that you can do what they desire. But I do understand what you mean with the price and everything.
Besides, why be lazy? Wouldn't you like to see your comics as something you put everything into? That'd be something to be proud of.

#49995 TRiP's other OTHER art

Posted by Wrenreele on 06 May 2008 - 12:49 AM in Artwork

I gotta say, I've waited long enough that it doesn't matter TOO much how much each issue costs. I'm totally buying it anyway. XD

Edit: You know, if I weren't going bald, once Lynne gets famous, I could cosplay Bruce. Maybe I'll get one of those hair restorations... and laser eye surgery... JUST so I can cosplay Bruce. I'll do it. >_> Don't think I won't.

A wig and contacts might be cheaper :D . Unless you want to become A REAL LIFE BRUCE, then that's a different story.

I really want to know what color he is!

#47362 Ki's non-NiGHTS stuff

Posted by Wrenreele on 15 April 2008 - 12:45 PM in Artwork

Has nobody replied to this?? :)

Your art work is FREAKING AMAZING.

#47350 TRiP's other OTHER art

Posted by Wrenreele on 15 April 2008 - 12:14 PM in Artwork

Me delete U.V? Helllnooo! I've simply tailored him for my own universe and he still completely retains his personality and character. Plus he wears some pimpin threads thesedays. It's not directly NiGHTS, but it's sure as hell the spirit of many forms that has kept me sane over the years :3 I could never get rid of my big fuzzy purple dragqueen lol. XD So yes, he's still very much a central character. Though to be honest the story thesedays centers more around the dreamers finding personal solutions to their probs in real life, and learning about their Gen selves as the reader does. Everything is seriously grassroots now. Much simpler on the brain and easier to relate to.

The story is very much a cut and final deal. It starts, it ends. Therefore theres nothing stopping me years down the line making another version with an entirely new set of dreamers from their perspective. Everyone dreams, so everyone has a story to tell i guess. It keeps things fresh. And doesn't overwrite anything that went before because it's a different story with different people. Different universes, mmm.

I didn't think you'd delete U.V, but I was wondering how he'd fit without being a copyright infringement. Thanks for clearing that up for me, babe. ;D

Oh, another question; Since the dreamers are multiple people packaged into one little bundle, do you just give the dreamer a random name, or is there some sort of strategy you use in coming up with names?
I'm very inspired by your mad genius skills, so I must be silly and ask questions... :)

#47287 TRiP's other OTHER art

Posted by Wrenreele on 15 April 2008 - 12:45 AM in Artwork

The latest podcast show explains it because ArchangelUK asks us what it is....or was it a question from someone on MSN that asked it? I can't remember. Either way, latest show has it explained.

In a nutshell - it's a huge story about dreams and it doesn't involve anything sega related. We like it. We hope you'll like it too. :)

Does this mean Ultra Violet Nights is gone, or is the U.V. character just taking a new look/back story or even being deleted??

#44547 Which Graphics Tablet?

Posted by Wrenreele on 23 March 2008 - 03:34 AM in Artwork

I got a bamboo today, as a matter of fact. Mine is nice; comes with Photoshop, Corel and Nik (not sure what that is yet.) A new wireless mouse that only works on the tablet, several tip refills, and the pen is nice and cosey for the hand. And it's black. (tablet twins with Lynne!) For 99.99 USD. I say it's a really good buy, since Photoshop Elements alone costs 80 USD, but comes with the tablet. :P