Welcome to NiGHTS COMMUNiTY
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Thoughtcrime82's Content

There have been 8 items by Thoughtcrime82 (Search limited from 30-April 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#100660 Would NiGHTS Into Dreams Work On The 3DS?

Posted by Thoughtcrime82 on 26 December 2013 - 09:34 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

I would love to see Nights on 3DS. The 3DS controller would be great for paraloops. Although it seems unlikely, in an ideal world I would like to see a faithful remake of the Saturn version with an extra set of 8 new levels tacked on as a bonus.

Although the big wigs probably won't think it would be commercially viable, I reckon if done well it would sell loads. Nights has got a lot of love in the gaming press and the quick pace gameplay would appeal to handheld users, as you rightly point out.

#100659 Christmas 2013

Posted by Thoughtcrime82 on 26 December 2013 - 09:21 PM in Community Corner

Belated Merry Christmas to all!

Anyone get any Nights goodies? 

It's not Christmas for me til I've played Christmas Nights. :D

#100596 Internet friends Vs Local friends

Posted by Thoughtcrime82 on 15 September 2013 - 06:51 PM in Community Corner

Crossposting from my FB since I'd like varied input on this:

I'm in the middle of invoicing clients and stuff right now but I've had something in my head since yesterday that stuck with me and thought I'd throw you guys the same question that got asked to me yesterday because I thought my answer was pretty on point. It's about internet use and online friends.
I was asked yesterday by a non online type person why I spend so much time talking to people I can't see face to face (Which i always dislike hugely the implied tone that people on the internet are somehow invisible men and not real people). I was asked why if I also have 'real' friends who i can spend time with offline, like workmates doesn't it feel like more fun or whatever. Was I scared of talking to people or was I antisocial. And i gave the most honest response I could. I'd never actually had to think about this as an adult because i feel quite happy with myself now (and it put me in a bit of a miffed mood to be honest).

I know exactly the type of narrow-minded, judgmental person who asks questions like that. They are usually quite boring people really. They often miss their school days, "the best days of their life" and in adult life, they lament the lack of opportunities to victimize people for being different  - so it comes out in the form of passive aggressive questions like the above. 

Do what you enjoy and don't waste energy justifying yourself to these herd mentality dullards.

Funnily enough, I find online communication and chatting on the phone quite difficult, while I'm MUCH better in person. I would never judge anyone for doing it the other way round though. In fact I think then internet is an amazing tool for helping people find those with similar interests.

I have no interest in The X Factor, Premiership football or sport of any kind tbh. Sometimes people don't believe me and proceed to tell me about these things anyway, so sometimes I prefer to spend time online.

#100595 Recent(ish) update for 360 version of Nights

Posted by Thoughtcrime82 on 14 September 2013 - 06:29 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

About a week ago I played the 360 version of Nights, having not played it for a couple of months.

I already had the little update which fixed the controls btw, so that's not what I'm on about.

There was ANOTHER small update for Nights which of course, I accepted. Has anyone else noticed this? Anyone notice what this update did, if anything?

Thanks in advance if anyone knows the answer to this small mystery.

#100361 What is your favourite piece of NIGHTS merchandise in your collection?

Posted by Thoughtcrime82 on 21 January 2013 - 01:58 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

I recieved a sealed Nights Into Dreams Tiger Electronic LCD game for Xmas; a gift from my other half! :) :) :)

It's from 1997 and while I'm quite tempted to take it out of the packaging, I doubt the LCD gameplay will in any way resemble Nights and would rather keep it in brand new, sealed condition.

Still very curious to know if anyone else owns this or has played it...

#100360 Does anyone else find racing over X-box Live on SRT is a bit broken?

Posted by Thoughtcrime82 on 21 January 2013 - 01:44 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

Well, it could be my internet I suppose, although all my other games work fine online. I will try to set up a private custom race with two friends who live locally and report back how well it works.

It's just disappointing 'cos all the other aspects of the game work so well and I can't help but compare it to Mario Kart Wii (where the online experience was flawless apart from people hacking/cheating).

BRING ON THE PATCH.

#100357 my little pony FiM like it or hate it

Posted by Thoughtcrime82 on 20 January 2013 - 12:46 PM in Community Corner

In answer to the like it or hate it question, hate is a strong word; but I'm amazed at it's popularity among adults - gaming forums are full of references to this show and I don't really get it. Just watched five minutes out of curiosity and, well, I still don't get it...

Is it the animation that you love? Do the stories make some clever moral/political point?

No disrespect intended, just no one's been able to explain MLP's cult appeal to me thus far.

#100342 Does anyone else find racing over X-box Live on SRT is a bit broken?

Posted by Thoughtcrime82 on 29 December 2012 - 09:51 PM in NiGHTS chit-chat

I've enjoyed racing on X box live but have come up against problems which could probably use an update fix:

When it works well, it works very well but often...

1. The score seems to be totally unrelated to your performance. You can win a race by a long way and be awarded last place and have points deducted. You can see plus 28 on the screen, only to find you've had 100 added. I've come last before and jumped from 1520 to 1478 and then come 2nd and been back down to 12hundred and something - it seems almost completely random at times.

2. A simple minor collision with a fellow racer can send you flying back a vast distance or stop you in your tracks completely. I have both benefitted from and been a victim of this quirk but in single player this would merely result a round of the bouncabouts - which is much more competitive and fun.

3. Network errors seem to boot me out quite regularly. Often can't get through 2 races before being booted out mid race.

My friend who lives near me plays online and also experiences these problems.

Is it just in our area or have other people experienced these issues? Is it just because of Christmas season server overload? Is it broken? Is there any chance they might fix it?...